SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: 'till death...

I really like the ring, very nicely done!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Mood Swing (Bipolar Rep)

I really like your concept!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Madness between Good and Evil

I love the angels wings, very mysterious and the devil is also nicely portrayed...a good spooky shirt!

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
JesseBYAH wrote:I'm surprised this doesnt have more votes! This is really fantastic! please keep submitting in derbies, I dig your style =)

Thanks! I'll keep entering when I have the time between work and a family. The 16 month old doesn't make it easy to do art at home...she gets into EVERYTHING.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
anthrochick wrote:I finally figured out what it is about this design that makes me think Ramy is sitting back laughing at all of us. Nearly every part of this shirt seems to be an element in one of his previous designs. I don't mean they're just similar, I mean I think he literally took shapes he'd already created and pasted them all together than called it madness. Those butterflies have been used (and abused) in more than one past entry; that lady looks like the one from his "mystery" murder silhouette (the one with the book and the guy's brains being shot out); the sketchy Reaper may not be an exact replica of Ramy's previous Reapers but its awfully close (and i wouldn't be surprised if it is an exact copy). The rest of the stuff is just muddy filler and skulls.

Forgive me if someone further up the thread has already pointed these things out (I kind of hope they have, actually) but it seems like Ramy is just making fools out of those supporting him. Really? Are we this stupid around here?

And lest you defend these "similarities" as being part of his style, I would like to mention that similarities between designs are stylistic--but using the same images is not. This isn't like drawing a bunch of bunnies or turtles or cats that all look pretty close to the same; this is using the same bunny (or cat or turtle) and asking us to pretend its new.

You just made me think...

What if this is a statement on his/her OWN madness??? The use of pre-existing designs, mashed together, attempting to screw with our minds...the idea of repetition...the true definition of madness is repeating something over and over that doesn't work, right? Maybe this is pieces of his/her losing designs (things that didn't work) thrown back into a hodge-podge, the person @ the bottom representing the artist.

(whew...reminds me of art classes in college...critique day for the win!)

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
SnowQueenVT wrote:The story that you posted was lovely to read, I wish the end was happier, I would much rather that their true love hadn't killed them, if by any chance the legend is based on a true story, what a sad story.

Nice to see a piece of your inspiration!

Even though they may have died in the end. The moral of the story is that they were Madly in Love and no one could ever take that away not even death.

cenobite000

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cenobite000
The Tim wrote:the derby description is pretty clear that they're looking for depictions of insanity specifically, not just any meaning of madness.

I don't know about that.. there is a shirt in this derby that shows a bracket and a basketball. Granted it probably won't win, but it isn't rejected! (yet?)

Either way, sit on that design until the dracula in a photobooth derby

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: The Gator Jumping Madman!

where is the sunset that is shown on the shirt?

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
JesseBYAH wrote:What the hell is this? This makes absolutely no sense. This is completely ridiculous.

I looooove it. Good job this week, I'm really impressed with both of your entries =)

thanks very much!

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

dualityofone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dualityofone
Ezshrkman wrote:where is the sunset that is shown on the shirt?

It's in the design, i don't know why i didn't include it in the detail.

Please vote:

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 563 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

mcdonalg wrote:I don't know if you're part of the woot staff or just a concerned citizen of the forum. Given that this is my first submission and that I'm not going to "win" or even receive an honorable mention I'm surprised you've returned to my design twice to criticize it. That being said I'll consider what you've said for my next submission.

Not Staff. Staff looks like this. Volunteer Mods have a title with their little box over there (<---) as well.

I am NOT customer service.
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy[/b] ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Vipercom1973 wrote:One of the worst I have seen .. stop voting for this.

What is bad about it? Seriously.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

coolestghoul

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coolestghoul
Re: The Kraken Attacks

Ack! I want this shirt! I hope it has enough time to make it to the top. Good luck!!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
johncreillyphile wrote:Is this navy or black? My computer screen (or my eyes) must be messed up. This is the second time I've asked this about a shirt in this derby.

It's black.

Thanks everyone for your comments and votes. I'm pretty surprised this is doing so well.

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

8 votes in the last hour for a total of 4?

juliaL719

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juliaL719
VIIIofXIII wrote:So this is meant to represent what people who have no idea what being manic depressive is like think being manic depressive is like?

Because I'm manic depressive (bipolar II, technically), and this design has basically nothing to do with any real symptoms of either stage of the disorder. Bipolar people aren't Jekyll and Hyde, for crying out loud. This is the kind of thing Google is for.

I am, too. Hence why I was so bothered by the butterflies/death mess.

Mania is not just euphoria - it's almost like you've got someone else's brain in your head and that brain is saying GO GO GO YOU MUST. This manifests in often dangerous or obsessive behavior - binge drinking and vacuuming the same spot for a couple hours - rearranging every item of furniture because you HAVE TO.

And depression's not just a death thing - it's like your mind collapses into itself. You're in pain and misery, but can't explain it.

Not a particularly pretty thing to draw.

queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
Vipercom1973 wrote:One of the worst I have seen .. stop voting for this.

Have some common decency... at least if you're going to bash on the shirt, explain why.

And why do people think they can make a difference when they say,"Stop voting for this?"

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Lamuril wrote:Kudos to those standing up for ramyb when she/he (not sure of gender) did an awesome job on this shirt.

I guess you're anti-critiquing, then?

Everyone always jumps to point out flaws with ramy's shirts when I notice Drak (sorry to pick on one artist, I just know he is popular so I'm using him as an example) snip

People don't nitpick drakxxx because his designs pretty much never merit nitpicking. Can you point to a number of legitimate design flaws (muddled colors, indiscernible structure and images, etc.) in ANY drakxxx design? The complaints against this design aren't nitpicking. They're pretty damn obvious and significant. And we've seen them time and time again from Ramy. People aren't arbitrarily picking on him.

When did woot become an anti-artist and not an anti-art website? snip

No one is anti-artist, or anti-style. The people who have criticized this design are anti-shirts that are indiscernible blobs. It has nothing to do with being against any particular style.

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: My best friend

Your texturing is so great...and your bulbous crazy eyes that you use a lot. I just love 'em;) I really do.

truffleshuffle

Re: The Clockmaker

Derby after derby you deliver Drakxxx. Your art never fails to amaze and intrigue me;)

truffleshuffle

This is really awesome! I don't necessarily see madness I guess...but still, very nice work.

truffleshuffle

Re: Nutbots

hahahaha, I like

truffleshuffle

Re: Arachnophobia

whoa...freaky. Excellently drawn, no question...but very freaky.

truffleshuffle

Re: Hello, would you like a balloon?

Hahaha, I can't look at those balloon faces and not smile. So good

truffleshuffle

Re: 9 mad'cacti

I love all the different personalities you gave the cacti! I don't really get why they're cacti...but considering I love randomness, that just makes me like this design even more;)

truffleshuffle

Re: Pinkerton

This is wonderful for so many reasons. I want one...

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
MaliceKaiser wrote:Hmmm, I'm torn in half on this one! I like it, but I mostly like the silhouette of the tree, not so much the girl in the chair. I guess I like it but not in a way that I'd wear it. Good job though!

I love the spooky tree, I love the marionettes, love all the menacing eyes, and I love the creepy girl on the throne!

This is one of my favorite Drak shirts ever, really hope I get the chance to buy it and don't get my heart broken again like with She Never Sleeps.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

banzaaiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banzaaiii
queboy89 wrote:Have some common decency... at least if you're going to bash on the shirt, explain why.

And why do people think they can make a difference when they say,"Stop voting for this?"

you would think this was obvious stuff, but its really not. funny thing is both points are neglected by some of the lovers of this kind of shirt too, when it comes to certain other kinds of shirts (or to be more precise, certain artists, the shirt doesnt always matter much). some people just think their opinion is the objective and right one, no matter what. you'll notice hypocrisy in their arguements pretty much all the time, and theyll just angle whatever theyre saying to be positive for what they like, and negative for what they dont like. accepting that some people have different tastes is a concept lost to some.

its not just "i dont like this shirt because.... and this is what you should do different if you want me to like it", it's "i dont like this shirt (sometimes you can add a "because...." in here) so no one else should either, and shirts like these should never win cause i dont like them"

some people have spent years on here trying to get people to "stop voting" for certain artists... and as far as i can tell, they are not about to come around and realize that people actually like some of the stuff they hate, anytime soon.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
banzaaiii wrote: some people have spent years on here trying to get people to "stop voting" for certain artists... and as far as i can tell, they are not about to come around and realize that people actually like some of the stuff they hate, anytime soon.

Thanks for using this thread as a soapbox, hypocritically doing what you just accused others of.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

banzaaiii

jmmbell1987 wrote:I guess you're anti-critiquing, then?

the question you should really be asking is: "why do i bother getting upset over ramy designs week after week?", and you might try this one as well: "is my bickering over these designs doing any good?"

i cant help you with the first one, but the answer to the second is a definite "no".

banzaaiii

kylemittskus wrote:Thanks for using this thread as a soapbox, hypocritically doing what you just accused others of.

in what way am i trying to get people to not vote for a shirt?

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Andy47240 wrote:8 votes in the last hour for a total of 4?

I guess that would mean that 4 voters changed their mind.

Nice work by the way! GMV

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman

This is awesome. I would buy one for sure.

lkackman

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lkackman
Re: Blood text

I like this alot, hurry with the resub.. Excellent job at making the figures look transparent. GMV.

eye4spot

Re: Vampire Photo Booth

"Not on topic" is such a random (subjective) call that does not appear to be evenly applied to all submissions, and you did not have gradients.... unfortunately, they can not set the president of changing their minds...there would be no getting your lost votes back.

ON THE UP SIDE....everyone is talking about YOU and your wonderful design, and we will be looking forward to seeing more Spiritgreen submissions!

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Lagbert wrote:Minor quibble: I'm color blind, so at a quick glance that shade of neon green is awfully close to urine yellow.

Wait, urine isn't supposed to be neon green?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

eye4spot

Re: manic or depressive?

LOL dude...great job, but you should not have admitted to the bunny (that only some see)...bunnies are against the rules this week.

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
Re: Madface

Somehow, I have a feeling that isn't a Woot template....

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Madness: Ying and Yang

scraped the other Idea and came up with this

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: The Madness between Good and Evil

check out the other design ying and yang inspired by this one