WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
eye4spot wrote:GMV...again! Glad you added the shirt mock up.

Oh I'm glad you re-subed! got my vote now!

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
tjost wrote:Actually, it's not against the rules because it was never produced and distributed. As long as a shirts never been printed elswhere, almost all the contest sites allow resubs from other sites including Woot.

But threadless' terms of submission, say that regardless of whether or not they print it you surrender all rights to your design. Unlike woot they do not have a 60 days and you get your design back policy.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

tjost wrote:Baby blues still not as hated as the dreaded Heather Grey MWAHAHAHA (that was evil laughter) Great job again Travis, hope this makes it to print, it's well deserved.

Yeah I think heather grey is enough to make people come burn your house down and salt your earth. I look quite smashing in baby blue, so maybe I'm partial to it. But the bottom line is I could put every design on black or asphalt simply because they're the least likely to get griped about, but if I think the design works best on another color that's what I'm going to use. Variety is the spice of life.

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
JoshuaHippie wrote:Do you use an art pad for your computer when you design stuff like this?

Love & peace
- the hippie

Hey Joshua,

Yeah, I use a waccom tablet with photoshop.
But you can also use GIMP, a free program that works a lot like photoshop. If your looking to get a drawing tablet, you can get them for around $50 nowadays I believe.

Thanks again for the continued support guys!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Crazy Pills

tjost wrote:I've been threatening to start one myself but dreading the amount of typing and image posting required I'm leaving for NY and the east coast for a week and won't be by a computer during this whole weekend, so thanks to everyone who supported this. My brothers supposed to call me if it gets printed so I'm going to be on pins and needles by the phone Thanks again!

That is the worst kind of torture!!! Well I know we all hope you have a great trip and we will all be on pins and needles FOR you ( Why suffer alone!) Just the health care professionals alone in this country would make this a best seller, also with the passing of the health care bill there will be a huge need for more doctors\nurses etc to handle the new influx of patients...

have a safe trip.

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

myeroshalmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myeroshalmi

I absolutely love this design.
If this makes it I am for sure buying one and completely disagree with everyone else who seems to be giving you such a hard time.
I like the fact that the line between the two elements is blurred and that its hard to pick out alll the elements but if you try you still can.
No it isnt a cutesy shirt but the design is awesome.
Would it be possible to get a high res shot of this because if it doesnt make it I definitly want it as a poster or background or something.
It is amazing and you did a fantastic job!

sneakydohboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sneakydohboy
Re: manic or depressive?

This was actually pretty cool I saw the bunny and its too bad no bunnies... pretty cleaver...

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
tjost wrote:I've been threatening to start one myself but dreading the amount of typing and image posting required I'm leaving for NY and the east coast for a week and won't be by a computer during this whole weekend, so thanks to everyone who supported this. My brothers supposed to call me if it gets printed so I'm going to be on pins and needles by the phone Thanks again!

Here's hoping! And welcome to NY! It's too bad you couldn't have come last weekend, when it was gorgeous. Now we're in typical March weather - windy, alternately gray and sunny - confused!

FatMouse66

quality posts: 1 Private Messages FatMouse66
chunkydesign wrote:Great concept on this design. Maybe, not easily understandable for everyone, but I think the illustration is good enough to stand on its own, even for anyone who can't figure out the references behind it.

Rejected?! ffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuu ) just kidding

paigeg

Drakxxx wrote:Hey Joshua,

But you can also use GIMP, a free program that works a lot like photoshop. If your looking to get a drawing tablet, you can get them for around $50 nowadays I believe.

*Hastily makes a note to lookup GIMP and Inkscape...*
I am so loving this thread - I just bought the tablet, and can't afford new software right now. Not a Adobe's prices, for sure! Thanks!

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
Re: UFegg

I didn´t have time to take a look at every entry, but until now, this is, by far, the funniest design on this derby...

paigeg

Re: FFFFFUUUU...

Oh, snap - I didn't even think about the shirt color. Damn! That gets lemon juice in the eye. Maybe if you get a chance later, you'll be able to resub on a correct color. I sure would like to see this again, here or somewhere.

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
parrotworks wrote:Why in the world the king's horses were given the opportunity to try to help is beyond me.

Ah man. Once I read your comment and realized what was going on I love the idea hardcore. But the fact that you had to explain it to me means I can't bring myself to vote for it.

Your idea is awesome, but you should find a better way to execute it IMO.

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Abducted for Life

Thank you everyone for your support and votes. I really appreciate it!!!

Thank you again Stellardig

Stellardig

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Stellardig
Re: Madly in Love

Thank you everyone for your support and votes. I really appreciate it!!!

Thank you again Stellardig

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy
Re: 1 ok 2 ok 3 ok 4 ok

More love for Edgar.

jamesparksart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesparksart
SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi James! I like your resub, I am glad you had a chance to do it!
It looks awesome! Still good and crazy! Very very nice and quick resub too!

Thank you soooooo much. I made it as quick as possible. Thank you for your support. This is my fist time, but keep looking for more art in the future.

jamesparksart

WanderingRaccoon wrote:Ah man. Once I read your comment and realized what was going on I love the idea hardcore. But the fact that you had to explain it to me means I can't bring myself to vote for it.

Your idea is awesome, but you should find a better way to execute it IMO.

Thank you for your comment I will keep that in mind for future reference. This is my first go for woot. Please vote to increase my standings. If not please help support some of my future artwork.

jamesparksart

paigeg wrote:Definitely - nice save! I liked the original color version, and I like this too - I look forward to seeing more from you in future dervies.

Thank you for you comment and positive feedback. Look forward to your support in the future.

jamesparksart

Stellardig wrote:Way to go! I like it, great job. Keep up the good work and good luck in the derby. GMV

Also try to submit on Friday or Saturday, you'll get more votes that way. Best of Luck on the up coming derby.

Stellatdig

Thank you for you advice and support. I look forward to your future help and understanding.

jamesparksart

No no no... I would never hate anyone. I welcome good postive critzm. Because this is my fist one, I am not sure what I am doing quite yet. Thank you sooo much for your help. I will take advice any time. I have some great ideas just getting them across sometime can be hard. I did not even know there were submit rules. LOL. Thank you again for you help and advice. I look forward to your future support and help.
-James

SnowQueenVT wrote:James this is a really REALLY cool picture and I just voted for it, I know how crazy it is to get your first submission submitted correctly, but you have a couple things still to fix (Don't hate me!)

You are only allowed 6 colors
Your artwork needs to be displayed on a woot shirt template
That foggy amorphous looking effect may not be allowed either(No gradients)

You are talented and I love your design, good job fixing your 1st image that was on display but it still has to be on a "shirt template"
(look at some other peoples to see what That is if you do not know, and you can't draw the shirt template yourself that has been tried and rejected.)

Good luck James Your design deserves the screen space!

Your character alone, with the nuts and bolts above would be enough to get your point across and it would then be printable...

I do love the character and the anguish so apparent in its body language.

Tigeris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tigeris

EDIT: I fail at the derby reply system, so here's a picture of a tiger with some ice cream to distract you all.

jmartinez357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmartinez357
Re: Gonzo

I had a design like this but with not celeb likeness. I'll save it for another derby. I hope.

jmartinez357

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jmartinez357
jaylaugh wrote:Neat concept! I think it might be more effective if the border were less obvious - if the arms and straps appeared to be coming from the shirt rather than through a window. I'd like to think I could wear this shirt with my arms behind my back and give people pause...

agreed! I voted for this mofo anyway

Tigeris

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Tigeris
Re: Mad Cheshire (glow in the dark)

Cool concept, though.

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Tigeris wrote:EDIT: I fail at the derby reply system, so here's a picture of a tiger with some ice cream to distract you all.

I am mesmerized! I have stuff 2 do, But i cant stop staring at this... LOL!

ILTWIC.....= I love tigers with Ice Cream!

TobiasAmaranth

quality posts: 26 Private Messages TobiasAmaranth
mjc613 wrote:What color are Alice's lips? I keep worrying that it might be a 7th color.

They seem to be purple lined in black, according to the detail shot.

Support Fablefire: Follow her on -

jwwbear

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwwbear
CapSea wrote:Interesting. Had the blue one's creature been a rabbit, it would have been a war between two imaginations.

oh wow you're right. i would've liked it a lot better that way!

2thFairy

quality posts: 2 Private Messages 2thFairy

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

my german grandmother used to sing me and my siblings song about Hansel and Gretel whenever she was putting us to bed. We always loved it even though it was in german. Therefore you have my vote.

Love & Peace
- The Hippie

Muntoe

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Muntoe
Re: The Mad Catterpillar's Party

This is too cool to pass up, definitely gmv!

craziemutant

quality posts: 0 Private Messages craziemutant
Re: My Little Box

Looks great but seems like it'd be better aligned to the bottom left.

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
paigeg wrote:*Hastily makes a note to lookup GIMP and Inkscape...*
I am so loving this thread - I just bought the tablet, and can't afford new software right now. Not a Adobe's prices, for sure! Thanks!

I used GIMP to color this actually. It supports .psd files so doing these collabs are possible even using two different programs. Awesome!

JaundiceDave

quality posts: 2 Private Messages JaundiceDave
AdderXYU wrote:This comment is untrue. There are THOUSANDS of anti-artist wooters. Hence this design being in the fog at all. It cannot be called artistic. It's the same damn thing as always.

there are many many wooters who only ever praise a very small, very generic, very untalented subset of this site, and then spend the rest of their time implying the people who expect good work to win do nothing but complain and troll (though anyone who paid attention to the site would know such people DO regularly praise work, while the others literally only exist to support the worst of the worst).

It's obvious woot doesn't care. They have no desire to respect anyone except the ignorant masses and multiple fake accounts. Which is all the more reason we have to. So long as trolls are calling intelligent, factual art critique trolling, we have to fight if we truly care about intelligence and quality.

Oh, Adder, please keep on trying to tell people what is art and what is not. How stupendously ignorant to the very concept of what art is.

sometimesdee

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sometimesdee
Spiritgreen wrote:A moment of madness... captured for posterity!

This shirt is a reminder of the often forgotten weakeness of the classic Hollywood vampire; vanity. If the sun has gone down and you're all out of wooden stakes, garlic and holy water, Dracula's irresistable compulsion for photo booths might just save your life.

Here's a close-up detail of the photo strip. You will need to add your own sound effects:

(Note to Woot: The bat flames are a halftone effect.)

See a larger image of the full design here.

Zank you for vizitiiinnnggg!

Shame it got rejected. I think that suicide counts as madness. Hell, they've got an acorn about to crack itself! Such a shame, as this told a great story!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
jwwbear wrote:oh wow you're right. i would've liked it a lot better that way!

Perhaps that's a way to spin it if we ever resubmit elsewhere.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
marzipanapple wrote:Perhaps that's a way to spin it if we ever resubmit elsewhere.

I think we should do it!

monkeyswag

quality posts: 0 Private Messages monkeyswag
Re: Mocha Sprinkle Madness

I so, so want one of these. Nice work, Ressa.
+1

JoshuaHippie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshuaHippie
Drakxxx wrote:Hey Joshua,

Thanks!

I'm a ink sketch artist at heart. and when I take one of my pieces and recreate it on the CP it gains a more professional quallity but loses some of the depth that it once had.

The way you make your art is something to aspire to my fiend. For what it's worth, you have my vote. and thanks again

Love & Peace
- the Hippie

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: The Lady who Lives in the Woods (resub)

JoshuaHippie wrote:my german grandmother used to sing me and my siblings song about Hansel and Gretel whenever she was putting us to bed. We always loved it even though it was in german. Therefore you have my vote.

Love & Peace
- The Hippie

Your grandmother sounds like a wonderful person!
Thanks for the vote ,HIppie-hippie-bo-bippy-banana-fana-fo fippy-fe-fi-fo-fippy...HIPPIE!

By the way, you just called Drakxxx your FIEND!(don't edit too funny!)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt