madduck84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madduck84
flamespear wrote:This is cool, though if they're sylvan wouldnt' they sleep in the day :P Also aren't sylvan beings generally elves moon/night elves? I don't see any ears on that girl! Anyway i like this a lot and i voted for it :D

Not necessarily, sylvan just means "of the woods". Also there are pointed ears but they are just hard to see in the example image.

My Wife's Shirt:

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Seafood Sushi

Real Spongebob Sushi (thanks and apologies to amuse)

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Leahbh wrote:i like it, but why not just call it falling sneakers. snickers is weird.

Sorry Leahbh... English is not my first language and I did not pay attention to this when submitting...:P

theheff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theheff
Re: Shirts (redux)

I like this one. That's my comment.

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing
mikenytola wrote:Strinoceros? Or maybe Strinoceba? That or Steven, has to be Steven I think.

Here's another hint:

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie
madduck84 wrote:Also there are pointed ears but they are just hard to see in the example image.

(he knows that cuz he's my husband :P)
I work in vector and then export to raster when I'm done to make the preview images. I have a hard time getting them not pixelated while still being the right size. I'm pretty new to this, so if anybody had pointers for how to make good comps from vector graphics (I use Xara, which creates docs in a proprietary format but can open/export to pretty much anything you can think of), I'd greatly appreciate it!

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie
flamespear wrote:This is cool, though if they're sylvan wouldnt' they sleep in the day :P Also aren't sylvan beings generally elves moon/night elves? I don't see any ears on that girl! Anyway i like this a lot and i voted for it :D

my idea with the sleeping was actually more of a winter hibernation thing than a day/night sleep thing...she sleeps when her tree sleeps.

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
Re: Secret of the Sharpener

Very neat design... makes me think of the illustration styles we see at threadless.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

Well thanks! I wanted to make a more detailed design for a change, and although that means it doesn't have as much immediate impact as some of the bolder shirts I'm pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks to everyone who has voted! :^)

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
Re: Set of SG's

Rock on, dude! GMV.

emcee2k

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emcee2k
Re: spirituality

The bald guy is preaching three different religions at once?

refugee57

quality posts: 0 Private Messages refugee57
chiefcrazyshoes wrote:I don't get it.

ChiefCrazyShoes, what I was going for here is a play on the "game" of Slug Bug or Slug Buggy where you hit the arm of your companion when you see a Volkswagen Bug. The picture here is a slug doing what slugs and snails do, leaving a slime trail as they move along. This particular gastropod traces out the outline of a Bug, creating the humor, or not.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

My point is that Ramy can't draw, or can't be bothered to try to draw things correctly. His squirrel looks like he's eating the coffee cup not drinking from it. And that coffee cup isn't all that clearly a coffee cup in the first place, so on first glance people see different things, another shot on his lazy "art".

[Mod: snipped non-critique stuff]

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

Meh, I love samurai but it looks kinda muddled to me. And I wish there were more colors! It's even kinda mud colored, heh

:P

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Saturn, Stars and Such

Saturn and stars and stuff in space.
I really would have liked to have had more than six colors, but I think I got a good effect from the half-tone mixes.
Votes are always appreciated.

Six colors on navy: blue, violet, a kind of violet-rose, dusty pink, orange and mustard.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
Re: Something Quite Atrocious

I think the "man peeing" is a guy using a metal detector ... which I don't think starts with the letter S. Of course, I don't think California and bowling start with the letter S, either.
So we've got a copyright issue, a text issue and an off-topic issue.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine

this looks amazing! great job

jcraven42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jcraven42
Re: Everythins is S

So... this took forever but here's a list of everything that I drew.

Scythe, Swan, Spool, Staff, Sword, Spring, Saw, Scallop, Sand Castle, Snowman, Swing Set, Solar Panel, Sausage, Scuba Helmet, Sponge, Spot Light, Stairs, Stogey, Sperm Whale, Scuba Tank, Satellite, Sack, Spot, Spoon, Screwdriver, Soccer Ball, Sundial, Safety Cone, Stone, Sashimi, Spots, Sake, Spatula, Snow Ball, Stamp(Rubber), Snowflake, Stamp (mail), Sea Horse, Slippers, Shield, Shower head, Shingle, Screen Door, Sofa, Seal (Letter), Summit, See-saw, Sweden, Sprinkler, Spore, Sunflower, Spigot, Snake, String, Shaker, Stockings, Stool, Squirrel, Sparkler, Sock, Straw( hay), Scalpel, Spud, Speedometer, Streamer, Satan, Switzerland, Steal Beam, Scale(balance), Scale(fish), Stick, Stelagmite, Stalactite, Snow Board, Spork, Skate Board, Star Fish, Sun, Shrimp, Skate, Slug, Shooting Star, Scone, Salt, Stapler, Salamander, Salt Shaker, Saucer, Spider Web, Spider, Scarf, Stump, Sales Tag, Submarine, Spill, Sandwich, Suds, Skull, Snorkel, Sledge Hammer, Space Ship, Shard, Sneaker, Sail Boat, Shark, Sugar, Soup, Speaker, Shillelagh, Stop Sign,Surf Board, Sphere, Statue, Shoe, Stethoscope, Spade(card), Street Light, Soft Ball, Star, Silo, Sperm, Screw, Shade(Lamp), Seed, Spur, Sickle, Smiley Face, Staple, Skeleton Key, Shot Glass, Salami, Smile, Stirrup, Shelf, Snail, Scotland, Seagull, Sea Urchin, Sand Dollar, Spear, Sea Shell, Straw(Drinking), Stinger, Sleigh, Suction Cup, Satin, Skunk, Sting Ray, Skyscraper, Soda Can, Stache(Hair), Shutter, Stove, Shnoze, Screamer, Strawberry, Soap, Scooter, Silk Worm, Shovel, Stylus, Sushi, Spade(shovel), Squid, Shotgun Shell, Shotgun, Seal(animal), Scoop, Sauce Pan, Sling Shot, Sea Turtle, Shirt, Sweater, Skirt, Shears, Scissors, Sheep, Steak, Strike, Swine, Slice o' Pizza, Scale Armor, Saxophone, State House, Switch, Shampoo, Suit Case, Starting line, Spy Glass, Sparrow, Scroll Buttons, Soy Bean, Soy Sauce, Sun Dress, Salmon, Soldier, Squash, Square, Scorpion, Stork, Scarecrow, Sardine, Syringe, Shack, Stack, Spray Can, Speed Bump, Spiral, Squab, Squirt Gun, Swiss Cheese, Socket, Sewing Machine, Saturn, Stick Figure, Sunglasses

griffinsmorris

quality posts: 0 Private Messages griffinsmorris
darel wrote:Thanks everyone! I doubt this one is gonna do very well now so I'll tweak it and resub it somewhere else.

Oh and I do love Spongebob, I just wanted to do something a little different and less obvious. Their deaths are not intended.

Let us know if you do put it elsewhere. I really want to own this!!!

pookarah

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pookarah
sasham62 wrote:I think the "man peeing" is a guy using a metal detector ... which I don't think starts with the letter S. Of course, I don't think California and bowling start with the letter S, either.
So we've got a copyright issue, a text issue and an off-topic issue.

super cali fragile list stick ex pee alley doe shuss(? this last one is the only object i can't recognize)

....it's an excellently bad joke, given the title. :D Also pretty much one of my favorite songs.

sYs73m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sYs73m
Re: Secret of the Sharpener

Anything + Lumberjack = GMV

Being a proud owner of a lumberjack beard, this is a must have. Great work.

gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del
Leahbh wrote:love it! there was a song my sister and i learned when we were little.

my name is stegosaurus, i'm a funny looking dinosaur...um, don't remember the rest. something about plates down the back and spikes on the tail.

Haha that's cool, I haven't heard the song but it totally fits!

poseidon45

quality posts: 0 Private Messages poseidon45

This is fantastic, I hope it makes it through to printing!!

marzipanapple

quality posts: 7 Private Messages marzipanapple
Re: There's plenty o' fish in the sea

Awesome phrase and so true. I love this shirt!

almostrelly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages almostrelly
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

I really like the art and the idea behind this shirt, but I'm not fond of the way that you mirrored it. Back to back would've made it more ascetically pleasing.

marzipanapple

Re: Sunsplash

Fantastic composition! I love it when a designer integrates the shirt color into the design. Lovely colors as well.

marzipanapple

Re: She Sells Seashells

Great use of perspective here. Sometimes the graphics can look like they were just slapped on the shirt with no life (I've done that myself...) but this one pops out at you. Plus it's adorable.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172
Re: Six Super Soakers

This is a winner!

marzipanapple

Re: Salty Sea Snack (On Black)

Man, that detail. Great use of colors/light too!

crookedspiral

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crookedspiral
Re: We are Siamese

I love this design, but I couldn't help noticing that their eyes aren't blue. All siamese cats have blue eyes.

losthought

quality posts: 0 Private Messages losthought

I'm pretty sure that should be a *Clove of garlic. I've seen it called a "glove" in a couple of spots but I'm reasonably sure that isn't correct.

What was that you were saying? I forgot.

KromeHWI

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KromeHWI

Awesome design! good use of tone and color (simple but gritty and sets the mood well).

i didnt even notice the dudes getting cut down in the background at first when i voted for it... i like it even more now!

good work!

ps. SASQUATCH!!!

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

Awww, no fog Poor unsupported superheros. They are never truly appreciated.

dijin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dijin
Re: Satan's pet souls.

I really like your designs Edgar!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
anthrochick wrote:Oh i really hope this one makes it! I really really want a shirt with your monsters--they remind me of everything great about childhood...which may just mean I have very strange memories...

Or it means you had awesome memories!! Or at least memories similar to mine...which may have been very strange indeed, haha. Anyways, I'm very glad that they make you feel that way, cuz that's how I think of these lil guys too;)

qphelixqp wrote:do you have a portfolio/website with your adorable creatures? I am voting and now posting this on my Facebook page to my 1400 friends - this needs more votes!

I'm actually currently working on getting my portfolio website up and running. I'm trying to hurry cuz there seems to have been a fair amount of interest expressed in it so hopefully I'll have a link for you very very soon! In the meantime thanks for your support and hopefully the support of 1400 friends! haha;)

Thanks to everyone else too! Your comments always make me feel so tingly inside

LoOke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LoOke
Re: Superstar

I would buy it! Looks great.. very good job

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
losthought wrote:I'm pretty sure that should be a *Clove of garlic. I've seen it called a "glove" in a couple of spots but I'm reasonably sure that isn't correct.

Ups! You are right! it's Clove, oh my english is so bad!, but thanks!

and I glad the shirt going to be with out text!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Superstar

haha, simple and super awesome!

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
jupilberry wrote:His name...his name is not important.

Slartibartfast?!?!?! Awesome!

livingepitaph

quality posts: 0 Private Messages livingepitaph
Re: Superhero Stegosaurus Saves the Species

the red star and cape make it look like the superhero stegosaurus of the soviet states

gmv