Spearhinoceros?

jandk113

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jandk113
BootsBoots wrote:Steamrolled.

Squished or Squashed also works!

I ♥ WOOT!!!

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
Drakxxx wrote:A little late to the party, but S stands for SAMURAI SHOWDOWN.

This is yet another team up between Crescentdebris and myself.

LARGE IMAGE:

Thanks as always guys!

Amazing work, can't believe it's not higher.

Hammylink

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hammylink
Spiritgreen wrote:It's a manly use of pink. :D

Thanks everyone for checking out my design, and for the nice comments!

I just figured out why I like this so much, it reminds me of playing Muramasa.

Tonalea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tonalea
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

This needs to print. I need it.

Adorable monsters!

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Supermegavirus

dude.... he can't just resub... maybe you should read the rules.

if you want an Artulo shirt, you should just go over to Tilteed.com today.

flamespear

paigeg wrote:The road to enlightenment consists of a complex series of simple paths.
A contemplative sand-gardener unexpectedly achieves satori. Six colors on cream.

This is cool, but i probably wouldn't wear it.

Tonalea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tonalea
Re: smokestacks

Again, love the style! Looking forward to more.

flamespear

Re: Sour

I like the faces, they're all different. It's also very bright and pretty.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
paulhep wrote:This isn't actually by PaulHep, it's by Artulo! I resubmit this shirt design from a previous derby hoping to it'll get noticed and he'll resubmit his actual design.

This shirt is too awesome not to get made!

All you're really doing is getting yourself noticed as a twit.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

This is full of kickass. Awesome job guys.

orzine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages orzine
odysseyroc wrote:Yeah, hip-hop isn't on the radar for most of the woot fanbase. I feel like a dinosaur anyways, because I favor the real old school style of b-boys with Kangol "bermuda casuals" and Cazal frames. I'm glad you like it though, I love graffiti style b-boy characters.

I never had a great marker collections. I remember the CBS kids had 4 finger Unis that were juiced to the max. All the people in my neck of the woods were all into mean streaks, they'd freeze them, chop them up and make 2 or 3 colored paint sticks out of them. Those were the days.

The Huntington Beach wall was the best legal spot back in the days. NASA crew was running it!

yeah, thin mean streaks sure were classic. im surprised to see not many people still doing the two color mean streaks anymore. i never liked streakers that much because i love drips. nothing makes me happier than a fresh mop with some ghetto krink or marsh t-grade

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Ssomething Sstrange

So much going on in here! I find new stuff evertime i look at it!
WOW!
GMV!

flamespear

Re: Starbucks Squirrel

It's too bad we can't have more choices of background colors on the shirts here.

kmcelroy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kmcelroy
Re: smokestacks

Beautiful illustration! I love the colors and style.

Rynfryin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rynfryin
Re: We are Siamese

I really want this SHIRT ARGHGGGGHHHH

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris
bluetuba wrote:Meh, I love samurai but it looks kinda muddled to me. And I wish there were more colors! It's even kinda mud colored, heh

:P

Thank you for choosing "S*** SAMURAI!" It's brown and stinks. I understand if it doesn't get 100% praise. This was seriously a last minute deal last night and unfortunately my time on it got cut short due to personal reasons. It didn't get my normal polish and refinement time. Hopefully some of you like it though. Later my fellow wooters.

thrawnfett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrawnfett

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday

You don't see these complaints on everyone else's designs because no one else does it. When it comes to perspective and proportionality not even the MSpaint designs at the bottom with 2 votes are as sloppy. I'll give you 3 examples.

1. The tail:

As xaz mentioned the shorter tail on the right one completely throws the design off. As ramy mentioned he wanted to make it look "less active." However, since the euphemism is bright eyed and bushy tailed and that's clearly what he's going for, make the coffee drinker bushy tailed and make the other one's tail thinner. Josephus already mentioned this.

2. The face of the right squirrel:

The tail can be ignored as a design choice (albeit a very poor one). What can't be pushed aside is the sloppiness of the face. Given the position of the ears we are obviously looking at a 3/4 profile. However, we see all the way through the mouth meaning the head is a full profile. Either this squirrel has a seriously deformed skull or ramy was simply too lazy to properly draw the same perspective on the head.

3. Eating the coffee cup:

While you can explain away that a jittery squirrel might be gnawing on the cup (as well he might) what is horrendously ugly and sloppy is the jaw. Take a look at the closeup view. The upper jaw juts way out over the coffee cup, yet the lower jaw is shown behind it. Since the squirrel is holding the cup nearly vertical it gives the squirrel the look of having a massive overbite. To be honest the lower jaw looks like a flat plane behind the cup. It looks very grotesque and will be much more noticeable on the printed shirt.

And that's the problem and that's why there are so many complaints. The drawing is sloppy. The perspective is sloppy. The elements are not internally consistent and it is never fixed from derby to derby. You won't see these complaints anywhere else because no other artist in the derby is this sloppy. There's not a single artist who has seen a fog that has ever had these problems with their designs. These designs would fail basic drawing 101 at the high school level and would barely fly in an elementary art class.

IncurableHumanist

quality posts: 0 Private Messages IncurableHumanist
mybell wrote:so does the fork come home and find the spoon in bed with another spoon? Like finding your spouse in bed with someone of their same sex?

I think it would work so much better if the male spoon caught the female spoon in bed with the fork...
like he caught her forkin behind his back...

Elicea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elicea

paulhep

quality posts: 0 Private Messages paulhep

Oh dear... My reputation with the Shirt.woot community....

GO VOTE!! This shirt is the Awesomeest!!! supermegavirus

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: What do you see?

Sometimes things that start with the letter S can be innocent and interesting. Other times, they can be dangerous and bitey.

Two magnificent colors on Navy. Here’s the big image.

And some details:

KimNicole

quality posts: 3 Private Messages KimNicole
Re: Stripper

I admit it. I'd love this.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Rynfryin wrote:I really want this SHIRT ARGHGGGGHHHH

Ha ha ha, well it's currently in the hang zone where it's hanging around getting votes but not really moving, still it's early yet. I'd suggest telling some friends if you can.

xazothia wrote: I want this as stickers...

Ohhhh actually, stickers would be neat. I'll have to see what happens with the voting. =D

crookedspiral wrote: ... but I couldn't help noticing that their eyes aren't blue. All siamese cats have blue eyes.

Ah you are correct but right at the moment I don't have a 7th color color to change that.

Also with their eyes as black dots you can make them into a Stereogram. Where you un-focus your eyes and then overlap the images. It's pretty cool because when you do that it creates a third cat in the center that looks like it's sitting. My friend pointed it out to me. Very odd.

@bassanimation, keelhaulkate, runnerfrog13, jasneko, solipherus, TobiasAmaranth, AZsabin:

Thanks for all the nice comments and votes! I'm glad that people are getting a kick out of my little Siamese kitties. I was not expecting them to do as well as they have. I'm crossing my fingers and hoping that they will continue to get votes.

mcdonalg

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mcdonalg
thrawnfett wrote:I really like the idea on this shirt...

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
mjc613 wrote:You need to remove the text from the credit card or this will be rejected. Also, the color on the wings looks a lot like gradients which woot rarely allows. If you choose to keep that, you need to show a close-up to show it was done so that woot can determine whether their printers will be able to do that.

To change your entry, you need to remove it and then resubmit it.

The $ is also text.

Jussslic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jussslic

i think this is my favorite in the derby, your palette is frickin awesome!

Manvyi

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Manvyi
Re: Sunsplash

S is for "such fun"!

justinalong

quality posts: 0 Private Messages justinalong
Elicea wrote:LOVE IT!

This is actually my first entry into any derby, and since making this shirt, the song has been stuck in my head constantly. Enjoy!

sonny2009

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sonny2009
CrescentDebris wrote:
I understand if it doesn't get 100% praise. This was seriously a last minute deal last night and unfortunately my time on it got cut short due to personal reasons. It didn't get my normal polish and refinement time. Hopefully some of you like it though. Later my fellow wooters.

Don't kid yourself. Last minute or not, this is a gorgeous piece. I love the samurai's stance, the classic gruff look on his face, and the dusty browns are perfect for the Samurai concept. Also, lets face the facts. If you guys made it red, you'd be hearing complaints that it's to violent and can't be worn.

Hoping The Clockmaker sticks a plug in woot's cute madness this evening as well.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Falling Snickers

I love this for it's simplicity and placement...hope it wins.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Scotland

Too bad about the placement restrictions...I actually like this shirt mostly BECAUSE of the placement...just how many shirts does a person need that are GIANT prints in the center of their body-mass?

I guess I like off-center and low prints more than anything.

radharose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages radharose
jewelwing wrote:Here's another hint:

Haha, Spearmint Rhino!

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Seven Sperm Whales

SPERM WHALES!!!!!! The Worlds most mis-understood Sea Creature.
3 colors on Heather Gray.

Hope you Like it!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Something Quite Atrocious

I like the concept itself - simultaneously clever and horrifically, groan-inducingly cheesy, and think it's fairly well-done. However, I'm not sure it will evade rejection, for reasons others have pointed out: copyright, text, and Woot's "decency" standards.

Nonetheless, I see some potential. Please don't get discouraged, this place can always use an injection of fresh creativity, so please do keep trying and submitting.