Snowymartian

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Snowymartian
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

You got my vote :^)

Get a Woot-Off checker here http://woot.wikia.com/wiki/Woot-Off_Checkers

Tomatoed

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tomatoed
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

I hate to nitpick, not really, but I see the theme of the shirt is steampunk, but this week's derby theme is the letter s. What on this shirt starts with the letter s?

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme
Re: Falling Snickers

This is a GREAT design. Good job! I'll vote for it.

curiousme

quality posts: 0 Private Messages curiousme
Re: Soapin' Skunk

This is too cute. As it's skunk mating season in my neck of the woods, I can relate to this. Ha! If only they did bathe! Great design! GMV!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: surf, sunset, stars

Watery, firey , starry and huggy...very nice eye4spot!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Spooning Spoons

The faces on these spoons are so sweet!

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
AlexIAm wrote:can't believe this isn't doing better... keeping fingers crossed for an HM Riff!

I feel the same way... how did it drop so far after being in the fog for a while? I really like this one Riffmaster.

Sachmoe64

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sachmoe64
Tomatoed wrote:I hate to nitpick, not really, but I see the theme of the shirt is steampunk, but this week's derby theme is the letter s. What on this shirt starts with the letter s?

Steampunk starts with S. Also it is the two sides of the same person (Split) with the two majorities of steampunk (workers and victorian high class) (Spirit). I focused on ideas and genras that start with S rather than objects and actions.

jenml27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jenml27
Re: S is for Storybook

This is way cool. As a literature teacher, I would totally get this. Your characters are unmistakable!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Spine

No back prints? Since when?

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
Re: Starbucks Squirrel

because titles can't be changed...?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: She Sells Sea Shells

I know you said you just colored with what was familiar to you, but this palette works GREAT with a sea theme! Blues and coral-y pinks? Dead-on. This is probably one of your best.

paigeg

Re: Soaring Scooter

Agree that the scooter needed to come forward and pop more, maybe more angle and details. But this is a great take on a biker shirt, for the - um - slower crowd. Lol!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba

Wasn't expecting this to get rejected over Starbucks in the title. He can just resubmit with another title though I guess.

I mean *I* sure wouldn't want to get sued by Starbucks either.

He might want to give the squirrel orange stripes though just to be safe on the "existing shirts" rule.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Re: Sunset Swan

Cool!
GMV!

SnowQueenVT

paigeg wrote:I know you said you just colored with what was familiar to you, but this palette works GREAT with a sea theme! Blues and coral-y pinks? Dead-on. This is probably one of your best.

Thanks Paigey-g!

paigeg

Re: Stripper

Rejected? I think the Woot folks have some deep-seated issues...

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation

Strange rejection, considering we just had a derby full of band name shirts. I guess I'll keep in mind to be careful about titles... :\

queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
Re: Deep Blue Space

Whoa. Blown. Mind.

bassanimation

But, this might be a good time to perhaps make some fixes and try a resub? I don't know, I just hate seeing rejections on stuff so late in the derby. :\ (Sunday counts as late, doesn't it?)

Balloons and muscle relaxers!

paigeg

Re: Award-Winning Sculptor of Coastlines

I was crolling down and saw the title - ANY D Adams THGTU reference gets my vote!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Fatstrat06 wrote:because titles can't be changed...?

As much as I dislike this shirt, I don't think a title should be rejection-worthy. They just had a derby full of trademarked band names. They also regularly change names of entries if they print.

There was also an entry rejected for being a backprint. I'm wondering if we have a new Rejectionator today?

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 39 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
SnowQueenVT wrote:The faces on these spoons are so sweet!

Thank you! I'm hoping to buy a tablet soon so I can make smoother lines.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 233 Private Messages kylemittskus
bassanimation wrote:Strange rejection, considering we just had a derby full of band name shirts. I guess I'll keep in mind to be careful about titles... :\

Starbucks = big scary corporation.

The rejection reason makes it seem like woot doesn't care that similar shirts exist though, which is really frustrating to me.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

paigeg

truffleshuffle wrote:Slartibartfast?!?!?! Awesome!

"Slarti", to those who know him best. Wow, all this art is making be a bit peckish. Going to go have something that's almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea.

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
Eriebadfish wrote:I don't know if I am having a balderee moment or am just missing something becuase I am new but.... What the hell does this design make referance too? I like it, I just am missing the message in a huge way! Parden my ignorance!

lord of the rings

paigeg

Re: seven seagulls at sunset

The seventh is a silhouette against the sun...

paigeg

Re: Set of SG's

Amazingly detailed. I think i might be happier if the bodies were down, or at least there was some context for them being up, like hands holding them up like crossed swords or something...

SnowQueenVT

Re: Spooning Spoons

RE the faces look so sweet

fishbiscuit5 wrote:Thank you! I'm hoping to buy a tablet soon so I can make smoother lines.

A tablet-Oh good!!...I will be so happy for you when you get it!!

Don't take your eyes off the prize...the tablet will set you free!!

paigeg

nevetnod wrote:Nicely done, but I would like this way better without the old man in the picture. The imagery is recognizable enough without him there. Maybe leave the rake in, but not necessary.

Seriously? Hmmm... I really thought of the overall concept with him in it, but it's a layer I could supress and resub. Huh.

SnowQueenVT

Re: satellite

You really nailed this one! It looks super-spacey!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Solo

Ha ha ha a headbanger!! I can almost hear that rippin' solo!

bassanimation

Selene1212 wrote:I love it and I did vote for it, but that being said these days "Siamese Twins" is considered politically incorrect. The correct term is "Conjoined Twins". Some people may not appreciate the pun.

But if you run into two siamese cats who are joined, they may not mind being called siamese twins :D.

paigeg

Re: Something Quite Atrocious

I agree - don't let the rejectionator discourage you. Learn and come back for more. This was a truly thoughtful and clever design, and well executed. Look forward to more!

bassanimation

kylemittskus wrote:Starbucks = big scary corporation.

The rejection reason makes it seem like woot doesn't care that similar shirts exist though, which is really frustrating to me.

The fact that they mentioned the similar shirts probably means they were aware of it and they may have rejected it for that as well. I think you're right in that the scarier reason is probably Starbucks lofty corporate lawer fleet.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 225 Private Messages Spiritgreen
paigeg wrote:I'm up for a girly pink shirt - and love that you created your own Oni legend for it. Gives me the chuckles and GMV!

Thanks paigeg!

You know, I may have pinked myself out of the running this week, even with the darker side to this design, but I wouldn't change a thing. ^__^

shirtsplz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shirtsplz
Re: Solo

awesome!?

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Soapin' Skunk

bassanimation wrote:Awwww, I love skunklets! I know, I am crazy..but I've always thought they were just sugary cute. I love this one, Jasneko!

I find them adorable too... I've seen many a video of pet skunks and they seem sooo cute! So you're not alone, hehe. Thanks bass!

curiousme wrote:This is too cute. As it's skunk mating season in my neck of the woods, I can relate to this. Ha! If only they did bathe! Great design! GMV!

Thanks curiousme! Wow, skunk mating season. It's funny, I really don't mind the skunk smell. I haven't smelled it closeup, but when driving in a car and other people are complaining about a skunky smell, I don't find it that bad. It's a lot better to me than some other natural stinks!;)
Edit - hey, I just noticed you put this design in your signature - thanks so much!

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Hi, Odysseyroc. I just wanted to pop in and let you know I watched the video on inking that you posted. Thanks so much for taking the time to show us noobs how the pros do things :-) It is generous of you and other experienced artists to share your knowledge each week!

I'm glad to be even a little bit of help. In my opinion, the whole community here is better off if the "pros" help the up and comers. I think it pushes everybody to get better.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
SubBass49 wrote:Yeah...Odysseyroc is one of those awesome people that really steps up to help newbs. He(?) has seriously gained my respect for that, even outside of his(?) artwork (which is awesome too).

Thanks! I'm fairly certain that I am indeed a he.