SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Sacrificial Slugs

Funny! (Poor slug!)

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Southwestern Salad Shooters

This looks great on the shirt! Your drawing and colors are really working nicely together!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Seductive Science

RE Nami hopes we like it...

Nami, this is funny, and I do like it!!!

TheyKilledKenny

quality posts: 2 Private Messages TheyKilledKenny
midstarrynight wrote:Oh, and I absolutely adore the x-files. So that's a good thing.

Thank You Starry... I am also a fan... up until Moulder left...

Excuse Me Maam, Your Woot is Showing...

kinzoku

quality posts: 17 Private Messages kinzoku
Re: Spine

What? That's gotta be a new rule, I remember back prints being allowed to exist in the derby before.

SnowQueenVT

Re: SALSA!

I love this one, the dancers are so happy and there is a wonderful mood to this shirt! Your work is so fabulous, I comment on alot of peoples art but I sometimes fail to comment on people who are truly outstanding, sorry about that, because it is a pleasure to participate in the derby with you! You are out -standing -in- your -field...!!! (Thats a Vermont joke, I am probably the only one thinks it's funny!)

Beautiful job on this shirt!!!

SnowQueenVT

Re: There's plenty o' fish in the sea

The expression on the kitties face is so sad! Someone save kitty!!

This is a great pun, it's lots of fun, and those sharks are NOT going to get brave kitty!!

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Sausage Fest

lol nice 1

SnowQueenVT

Re: Strongman

Super-bunny! Just in time for Easter!

Love the stylized strongman too! He is great and I love his outfit, especially his socks!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Super Samurai Surfer Seals

Hi Flamestamp! Your seals are so cute!!! I especially love the one lying down!!

colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
eye4spot wrote:LOL...I do not see the similarity between a single bunny sniffing/lapping a spilled (true size) cup of coffee and two squirrels - one sipping a (squirrel sized) cup of coffee in hand and the other with a briefcase.

What? So making the coffee cup smaller makes the design completely original?

It's this kind of logic that's allowed Seth MacFarlane to stay popular..."A talking alien is COMPLETELY different than a talking dog."

-Matt Colin

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Sullen Slide

Awww.. I like this one. If I had kids this would go on them! heh

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

blindmedia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages blindmedia
SnowQueenVT wrote:This is a great idea and I love your style

I know that Jeanerz is right though, woot can't print all the way to edge, the image has to be 16 by 20 maximum and that is usually too close to the seams, could you resubmit real quick after making it smaller? People will revote!

Will do! thank you for the helpful info!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Saturn, Stars and Such

this is a beautiful shirt Shasham! You chose such pretty colors, they are really working for you against that black shirt!

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Spastic Squirrel

Well, the tail looks a little better at least.

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

delson973

quality posts: 0 Private Messages delson973
Re: Secret of the Sharpener

I LOVE IT!!!

myeroshalmi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages myeroshalmi
fanboy4ever wrote:The ignorance here is overwhelming...

O WOW... sorry the reason it says happy is because woot changes the word for "not straight" into happy just like it changes oh my gosh as O-M-G to Omelets made great

patioplr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages patioplr

That jellyfish reminds me of those solar wind sails used for free energy travel in space. Nice!

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: satellite

Is it orbiting the Death Star?

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
myeroshalmi wrote:O WOW... sorry the reason it says happy is because woot changes the word for "not straight" into happy just like it changes oh my gosh as O-M-G to Omelets made great

I think fanboy4ever's point was that Christianity does not preach against "not straight" people. The issue is far more complex than what you are portraying, and it's controversial even within any one denomination. It is ignorant to suggest that religious people are simply all homophobes. I'd rather not take it further than that - the internet has enough religion flame wars as it is.

In any case, there's nothing on the shirt to suggest that the guy is preaching against "not straight" people. The girl is talking about love and peace, and as il4jc noted, Christianity (not to mention those other religions) actually preach those very topics - love and peace.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987

Your designs are always completely charming. This needs to print.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Spastic Squirrel

[No reason for my original post to be deleted at all. No name calling, no pejorative remarks, etc.]

It is insulting to this community that this design has been resubmitted even though both woot and a forum member have pointed out that a similar shirt already exists. This is why people get angry at ramyb: he regularly disregards rules and comments.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
Re: Sinisterly Supercilious Salt Slaying Snail

Is that one of those olive sword toothpick things?

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
eHalcyon wrote:Is that one of those olive sword toothpick things?

Why yes. Yes it is. :D

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
SnowQueenVT wrote:Um ...NO!!! Did I mention he is huge? We give him his space, in the summer he toodles by around dusk! But we can smell him, fair warning!

Like I said, I'd like your cutie skunk better!!

haha true true. But look, this girl has a HUGE pet skunk! Though I wouldn't recommend trying to pick up or pet a wild skunk of course!

Cute, he toodles by

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
JRWorkshop wrote:Very few I'd say.... Not noticeable...Same mediocreness

wow...i love how kind everyone is. this is a wonderful example of constructive criticism.

Fatstrat06

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fatstrat06
kylemittskus wrote:[No reason for my original post to be deleted at all. No name calling, no pejorative remarks, etc.]

It is insulting to this community that this design has been resubmitted even though both woot and a forum member have pointed out that a similar shirt already exists. This is why people get angry at ramyb: he regularly disregards rules and comments.

Lord knows if he didn't disregard them he'd have hung himself by now. pPople are so rude, inconsiderate, and destructive with their comments, particularly toward ramyb. He has an art style that OBVIOUSLY gets votes and people can't stand it. Don't get mad at him, get mad at the people that continue to vote for his designs, and don't use his comment threads to slander and make ugly remarks.

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Fatstrat06 wrote:wow...i love how kind everyone is. this is a wonderful example of constructive criticism.

It's kind of true though, whether the wording of their post came off as constructive or not... I'm gathering from the comments that the original was removed due to similarities to another design (the bunny one)? If so, then this one should not be allowed either, but it really isn't any different. "Goodness" or "badness" of the design aside, that's just the truth.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 230 Private Messages kylemittskus
Fatstrat06 wrote:Lord knows if he didn't disregard them he'd have hung himself by now. pPople are so rude, inconsiderate, and destructive with their comments, particularly toward ramyb. He has an art style that OBVIOUSLY gets votes and people can't stand it. Don't get mad at him, get mad at the people that continue to vote for his designs, and don't use his comment threads to slander and make ugly remarks.

Woot said in the rejection that a similar shirt existed. This was also posted in the thread = he is aware that this shirt idea is unoriginal. How does this =/= his fault?

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
stardamsel wrote:Aw, thank you! As an English major, I heart shirts about reading, too :-D

Well as an astrophysics major...I *still* really like this shirt. Don't understand why it doesn't have more votes...

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: S is for Storybook

Reminds me of a placemat I used to have as a kid

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
patioplr wrote:That jellyfish reminds me of those solar wind sails used for free energy travel in space. Nice!

It's really funny you mentioned that because when I started I was going to just do a solar sail dragging a sailboat. I changed directions when I realized that no one would be able to tell it was a solar sail. My wife gave me the idea of mixing space and sea life. She's full of awesome ideas.

Thanks to everyone for the great comments and votes! I'm surprised to be in the fog only a day after subbing on a Saturday afternoon.

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: We are Siamese

Oh yeah. I'm a fan of this.

bellarific

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bellarific
Re: Sunsplash

Oh now THIS is beyond adorable. I WILL be purchasing one. Promise.

bellarific

Ooh ooh! LOVE the checkered floor! Just makes the shirt that much more awesome, imo! Totally got my vote!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Sinfully seductive

The coils don't really jive well. If you try to follow their curves, it doesn't work. And the tail end clutching the apple...what is that? It looks like a second mouth, the way it's wrapped around. o_O

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

bellarific

Re: Seafood Sushi

Okay, I adore/worship Spongebob, so wearing this is kind of sacrilegious of me....

.....but I really would like to wear it. I think it's fabulous. :D

bellarific

Re: S is for Storybook

Oh yessssss. Mystical silhouettes from the waffleiron :D

Got mah vote!!!

bellarific

bellarific wrote:Oh yessssss. Mystical silhouettes from the waffleiron :D

Got mah vote!!!

From the wallfeiron! OR FOR THE WIN! :D Both are pretty sweet though XD

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Re: Steamrolled

I really like the idea, but honestly, the figures that are still "alive" already look flattened. I think the design would have been a lot more successful if the standing figures didn't look so flat; it's make a much bigger contrast between them and the poor steamrolled victim.

Not my favourite design from Boots, but heck, I do love your work in general. :]