colinm09

quality posts: 70 Private Messages colinm09
ForumLurker wrote:Sure... shirts that break the rules get rejected.

You acknowledge that this breaks the rules, then say that shirts that break the rules get rejected...and yet this shirt is not rejected and you are vocally defending it. Mixed signals, no?

-Matt Colin

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
Re: She Sells Sea Shells

Hey Snow - Love your design and you know how I feel about sharks!!! Can't get enough. Really well done and I love the atmosphere you create with the colors. You will/should print soon - you're definitely developing a following and your illustrations are among the best out there. Another great piece! GMV.

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: Seafood Sushi

Very clever. I looked at the image & then was like...is that...Spongebob? D:> Guess he played hooky a few too many times, eh. But being a sushi roll is far more dignified than ending up in a can of tuna with nothing to look forward to but the smell of mayonnaise.

Oxirane

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Oxirane

If this one places...oh-em-gee. I won't be able to contain myself. Too bad it's in the fog so I can't vote. :/

janusjudas

quality posts: 0 Private Messages janusjudas
sasham62 wrote:I think the "man peeing" is a guy using a metal detector ... which I don't think starts with the letter S. Of course, I don't think California and bowling start with the letter S, either.
So we've got a copyright issue, a text issue and an off-topic issue.

where the hell do you come from? this shirt is a mary poppins reference to supercalifragilistickexpialidocious. the words spell it out in pictures. there is no text, the superman logo is a symbol, thus the S doesn't count and the X is a symbol as in X marks the spot, not the letter X. additionally the last symbol is a finger over some lips saying shush! this shirt is brilliant and you and most other people here including woot are idiots for not getting it. the peeing thing was probably a dumb idea though.

fanboy4ever

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fanboy4ever
il4jc wrote:I think there's a bit of a confusion with this t-shirt.

It implies that a strict ignorant man is preaching Christianity, Islam, and Judaism in such a hateful way to a loving and peaceful woman who is hitting her head in a way that suggests "Ugh, no, I don't wanna hear this junk."

I'm just saying that this t-shirt is completely stereotyping all Christians, Muslims, and Jews into a category of ignorant, forceful people.

AKA false =]

Points well made.

Oxirane

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Oxirane
Oxirane wrote:If this one places...oh-em-gee. I won't be able to contain myself. Too bad it's in the fog so I can't vote. :/

Oh wait, I can say I'd want one, nvm haha.

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: A Sunny Sasquatchy Day

What great expression on their faces...nice job!

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Shooting Star - Starbo

very "pun"ny...GMV

jeanerz13

quality posts: 9 Private Messages jeanerz13
endangeredomega wrote:I'd like to comment on this design ...

However, I just keep finding myself far too distracted by the dead sexy mouth on your t-shirt model!

Did you notice he's also wearing a wedding ring? :P

Drakxxx

quality posts: 16 Private Messages Drakxxx
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

Nice artwork man. The character looks great!

Drakxxx

Re: SALSA!

Deliciously charming and wonderful my friend. As always! I absolutely love these veggie characters of yours.

Drakxxx

Re: We are Siamese

This is definitely the kind of fun and witty graphic I can see on all kinds of things besides a t-shirt. As was already mentioned, the stickers would be very cool. Great job as always Diana.

Drakxxx

Re: Sea Creature

Drop dead AMAZING illustration as always Kasey.
The composition and lighting effects are awesome man.

Drakxxx

Re: She Sells Sea Shells

Wonderful illustration as always SnowQueen! I for one think the colors add an extra element of whimsy to the design that really compliments you style.

Drakxxx

Re: Steampunk Seahorse

Love the colors and detail. The gears look like there ready to turn and make this critter move. Best of luck this week!

Drakxxx

Re: Strange Safari

I thought I would be clever and post a Fruit Stripe Gum comment, but I see you guys already have that covered.

Love the colors and composition Jewel.

algaliarept1829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages algaliarept1829
eye4spot wrote:What great expression on their faces...nice job!

Thanks, I just wish the close up was better, I feel like people cant see the details, this is my first submission so I wasn't sure which pictures would become which.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde
Re: SALSA!

It's great to see you here! Your recipe based designs always make me hungry. Wonderful stuff, as always!

Stargaziey

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Stargaziey
Re: Scurvy Seige

I love the pirate swan, his little pegleg just makes me giggle. The center swan's omgwhut reaction is great. Don't get your neck in a bunch, dude.

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel
Re: My snailmail arrived!

I like how the girl adds some context and balances the design. however I'd prefer if she didn't have the same visual weight as the snail, it makes the composition a little static.

algaliarept1829

quality posts: 0 Private Messages algaliarept1829

Here's a closeup of it in case anyone wants to see the details.
http://disorientation.deviantart.com/art/Woot-Tshirt-Derby-S-Theme-158792492

Schlagwerk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Schlagwerk
Re: Steamrolled

That expression is priceless. GMV.

Schlagwerk

Re: Seductive Science

Cool idea, but I can't stand the art style.

Schlagwerk

Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

Great design, but it doesn't belong on a shirt.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia
Re: Spastic Squirrel

I'm just surprised that nobody has mentioned that "spastic" is considered an offensive term in the UK...

Loda

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Loda
Re: We are Siamese

Awwww!!! I will totally buy one!!! Soo cute! GMV!!

RoughSexRecords

quality posts: 0 Private Messages RoughSexRecords
Re: Sunsplash

I WANT THIS SHIRT

eHalcyon

quality posts: 66 Private Messages eHalcyon
janusjudas wrote:where the hell do you come from? this shirt is a mary poppins reference to supercalifragilistickexpialidocious. the words spell it out in pictures. there is no text, the superman logo is a symbol, thus the S doesn't count and the X is a symbol as in X marks the spot, not the letter X. additionally the last symbol is a finger over some lips saying shush! this shirt is brilliant and you and most other people here including woot are idiots for not getting it. the peeing thing was probably a dumb idea though.

I think most people, including woot, got it. And as they pointed out, the text and the peeing got it rejected. And yes, the S in the Superman logo counts as text, and even if it didn't it would get rejected for copyright issues.

Clever rebus though.

(Unofficial) Derby Rules (outdated?)
Designing for the Derby (definitely outdated)
Tips for New Designers (always useful)

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Sour Scalawags

Hi Jeanerz! I am so glad that you got a new design up!

I got your message and I will respond to it but I need to check with my resident computer guru who( isn't awake right now!)

I love your sour fruits! Sour fruity pirates on the sea!!

Jeanerz your ideas are great, and your designs are easy to print, easy to take in at aglance and have alot of straightforward appeal!

Your art reminds me of the papercutout children book art which is so huge right now. My kids would love this shirt!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

fmtanweer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages fmtanweer

amazing design.

Loda

Re: My snailmail arrived!

adorable!!!!!! I would give this to so many people as a gift!!

SnowQueenVT

Re: Scared to Sleep

thatrobert wrote:I haven't been able to rest until I got this idea out of my head. And now, I'll never rest again...

You CAN sleep now! You got your design up!

I love pillowy piles!!! I want that one on top though, the others are "freds" (thats what we call flat pillows in my house!

traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
paigeg wrote:I LOVED that movie, and yes this is evocative, which I consider a plus. I love that it's on an underused color, too. Awesome, GMV!

Thanks, I was first going to make the face out of static, but I deleted that layer when I saw how nice just black and lemon looked together.. guess I need to check out this movie now, Im getting a Bad Taste vibe and that makes me happy

Loda

Re: Several Shooting Starfish

I really like the colors, the bright pink on a navy background, with the yellow, its pretty.

SnowQueenVT

Re: the sound of silence

Hi Lefty! I really like your design! I am worried though about 4 things that if you could fix them real fast I am SURE people would re vote!

Your art is extending past the printable area(stay away from the seams and where the sleeves begin, your art cannot extend below that)

Back prints are not allowed so that needs to go...

I believe your thumbnail needs a blue background, rules say it must match the shirt comp

You aren't allowed to draw your own tshirt template you need to use one of woots

Your design has soul! I hope you get a chance to fix those little things !

I will revote! If you do resub, I think it looks better, more powerful on white your thumbnail is very effective and it is on the white....

hl474

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hl474
Re: the sound of silence

the design is beautiful, imo. GMV

But I doubt you're allowed to go onto the back... And the picture for the shirt is stupid.

If so, plz resub! I'd buy this!

traviswho

quality posts: 0 Private Messages traviswho
Re: Sea Creature

This is super, the style riminds me of those awesome old school book covers for sci=fi and and adventure stories

Loda

Re: Studious Stegosaurus

aww, he's cute! He looks like there should be a saturday morning cartoon show about him!

SnowQueenVT

This is a very happy shirt! I t is so cheerful and it's very funny!