stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Keymoe891 wrote:Hey nice job!.. i love it.. i would soo wear this , it deffinatly gets the attention. Hope it goes through! :D

Thanks so much, Keymoe891! :-D

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
Re: Santa's Secret (abominable secret)

Man, that foreheads gonna have some razor burn...

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Saturn, Stars and Such

Wow love this one, great job... You would totally have my vote if the design were larger on the shirt (a design that's actually too small for once??).

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

pennylane78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylane78

How cute!!! How do you get in touch with the artist?? Sloths...

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
Re: spooning

I am guess we would know who the father is based on if the little utensil was a spoon or a spork?

RaveDroid

Re: Seductive Science

Love this! Hope it makes a print, and a tv series hahaha.

pennylane78

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pennylane78

Being a scientist...I love it!!! Id wear it at the office with pride

stibollo

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stibollo

Don't mess with that bunny. I really like this design! It brought a smile to my face during computing class - THAT is a miracle!

RaveDroid

Re: Soulmates

Ditto on the face thing, would have put my vote down for one if it weren't for that... Awesome concept

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Sullen Slide

hahaha! love it, love it love it!, and the colors are so good too!

Love your work like always boots!

arpayton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arpayton

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: Skateboarding Strigiformes

Wow, thanks for all the great comments and critique, folks! It's very encouraging. Cheers!

ForumLurker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ForumLurker
colinm09 wrote:You acknowledge that this breaks the rules, then say that shirts that break the rules get rejected...and yet this shirt is not rejected and you are vocally defending it. Mixed signals, no?

I don't think I acknowledged that it broke the rules. The point I'm trying to make is that if it doesn't get rejected then woot feels it's fine and doesn't break any of their rules. They (woot) make and enforce the rules... you just don't fully understand them. Of course if this does eventually get rejected... then it broke the rules.

chientsai

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chientsai
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

New here. I want to vote for this one, but don't know how.

This is awesome!

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette
Re: Something Quite Atrocious

Maybe a silhouette of a superhero in the iconic "flying" pose (arm straight out in front, you know the one) and a pea-pod?

Love the concept, would love to see a tweaked re-sub.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate
Re: Sullen Slide

very cute! and love the colors!

keelhaulkate

Re: Studious Stegosaurus

i like the linework and simplicity of it.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
chientsai wrote:New here. I want to vote for this one, but don't know how.

This is awesome!

You have to make a purchase from Woot before you can vote. Then you will see a little button above the submission that says "I'd Want One", hit that and you've voted.

keelhaulkate

Re: She Sells Sea Shells

love your use of colors

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette
Re: Shirts (redux)

"Rejected because: Still off topic"

Really Woot? That's the reason you're giving? "Shirt" clearly starts with the letter 's' when in English.

I could understand "No original artwork" or "copywrited image" or something, but "off topic" is simply untrue.

Not arguing the rejection, just the reason given.

keelhaulkate

Re: Strongman

love the characters

Zarfus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Zarfus
Re: Spastic Squirrel

I seriously can't tell any major differences between this and the rejected one.

buriedwreckage

quality posts: 0 Private Messages buriedwreckage
Re: Santa's Secret (abominable secret)

That is just too funny. Love it.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
keelhaulkate wrote:love the characters

@stibollo: Glad it made you smile! :-D

@keelhaulkate: thanks very much! :-)

flamestamp13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flamestamp13
SnowQueenVT wrote:Hi Flamestamp! Your seals are so cute!!! I especially love the one lying down!!

Thanks very much! As I was doing this, I was running through past entries, which had either surfboards or seals in them, and thinking to myself "Self, this is going to absolutely die. You've submitted with both elements before and gotten no votes. Together, you're going to wind up with negative votes."

grrlmarvel

quality posts: 12 Private Messages grrlmarvel
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

This is one of my favorites that you've done. Seriously great. The layout, the colors, the dynamic pose. Really solid. I know I've said this before, but I would love to see your process on these pieces... the layering is really great.

I will second some of the comments... I love sepia tones. Really tough to do. But I think this is pretty successful.

The only thing is the feet look a little muddled. Not enough to really bother me, but the back leg seems a bit off.

That being said, as usual the two of you rock.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Smooth Surfing Shark

Hi keelhaulkate!

I guess we were both thinking sharks! I love your summery and surfy shirt!!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

Re: Skateboarding Sloth

That is one energetic sloth, I guess he's just a wild one !!

Makes me actually want to do something active, be a kid again!

Great fun mood in both your shark and sloth shirts!

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Re: Sunsplash

The more I look at this design, the more I need to wear it. The spate of rainy days in my area might be helping. It's become my favorite in the derby, and would be an instant-purchase for me.

SnowQueenVT

v

Re: Super Samurai Surfer Seals

RE Characters are very cute...

flamestamp13 wrote:Thanks very much! As I was doing this, I was running through past entries, which had either surfboards or seals in them, and thinking to myself "Self, this is going to absolutely die. You've submitted with both elements before and gotten no votes. Together, you're going to wind up with negative votes."

I know how you feel, as I was working on and even planning to do my mermaid shirt I knew nobody was going to want it but we are REBELS! We design what is in our hearts! Seals in yours! Mermaids in mine! That inner warning bell is always right , but I think it's just as important to let whats in your heart, your art, out!

I love your cutie seals!!! I for one want more of your animals, cute
often takes the cake around here so bring it on flamestamp! Bring on the cute!

anjulka

quality posts: 5 Private Messages anjulka
truffleshuffle wrote:I know what you mean. I always feel like I have a little bit of trouble trying to make the design integrated with the shirt and not just plopped on a background color. Thanks for the constructive criticism! I'll keep it in mind for next derby;)

Truffle, are you able to work on it Thursday night? You'd probably be able to get some great suggestions in the derby thread.

SnowQueenVT

keelhaulkate wrote:love your use of colors

Thankyou Keelhaulkate, I love these colors too.(In my house I have many pink, purple and light blue rooms so I guess those colors are important to me!)

joytonic

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joytonic

I think this is my favorite derby entry ever!

joytonic

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
ForumLurker wrote: They (woot) make and enforce the rules... you just don't fully understand them. Of course if this does eventually get rejected... then it broke the rules.

You don't know woot to well do you? They selectively enforce their own rules.

vzfamily

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vzfamily

I love it! If this prints, it will be the first time I purchase a shirt for MYSELF and not my husband like I usually do! The ones I vote for RARELY print though - so I hope I didn't jinx it!

Re: Struggling Songbird

vzfamily

Re: sssippy...

I love it! I voted!! Was your other one rejected that this was a resub?

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
Re: Single Stormcloud Soaking Someone when Suddenly...

I actually voted for this when it was first submitted but just now got around to looking at it. I do this because I know the execution is always fantastic and the concept is always amazing. This shirt, no exception!

I too am interested in a portfolio to wander through and see all the different evolutions of the monsters. Maybe even a section where wallpaper-size illustrations are available? ;)

I wish the Wooters would wise up to the idea of these fantastic critters. They like cute! I would like to thank you for not dressing them up like Star Wars characters or as a video game reference just to earn votes. I admire and appreciate it.

Maybe one day you can have your own little shop section of a website with shirts and prints available! That'd be neat.

Best of luck and I look forward to every derby you enter!

Whorendous

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Whorendous
Re: Sakura-oni Springtime

I love that this shirt has a funny story to go along with lovable artwork. <3 cheers GMV

vzfamily

Re: Soulmates

While I think the face is adorable - I think many LOTR fans are guys, and won't wear it. My husband among them.

ForumLurker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ForumLurker
mikenytola wrote:You don't know woot to well do you? They selectively enforce their own rules.

Again... what you call selective is actaually your incomplete understanding of the subtle nuances of the rules.