alexanderjd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alexanderjd

It never ceases to amaze me, the lengths to which people will stretch, in order to insult a ramyb design.

Saying that "animals drinking coffee" is a done deal is FAR to broad of claim. Why not just say "animals doing people things" is entirely off-limits, to cover the briefcase squirrel, too.

By that same logic, you can easily call half the fogged entries copies of something else.

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art
DantesHavok wrote:As a UK resident I agree... Spastic is a very offensive word... To a British ear, it's one of the most taboo insults.

The current understanding of the word is well-illustrated by a BBC survey in 2003, which found that "spastic" was the second most offensive term in the UK relating to disability

Obviously the word has a different use and understanding in the US, this came to light when Tiger Woods said it live on UK TV about his performance which drew large shock and horror from many UK residents.

The UK and USA are seperated by a common language...

I agree, I don't get the title, pretty offensive in the UK

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

arcade-art

Re: Sunsplash

super cool for summer! it's gmv, I'll buy it like a shot if it gets printed, good luck :D

arcade-art

Re: Secret of the Sharpener

really creative design, gmv

JustJiggles

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JustJiggles
Re: Soulmates

I remember when this came out... a decade ago.

arcade-art

Re: SALSA!

this is awesome! good luck gmv

chunkydesign

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chunkydesign
mjc613 wrote:That's not the only reason. Woot has a PG-13 rule, partially because they like to sell shirts in kids' sizes. This is not something you put on a kid's shirt.

Have to admit that this made me laugh. A site that not long ago had a t-shirt with a rabbit with a bloody knife on one hand and the heart of an old farmer on the other, with him lying dead on the ground with his chest open, or on a lighter tone the t-shirt with godzilla and king kong french kissing, is now rejecting a design, because a "peeled" banana may be inapropriate for kids... Quite funny, indeed.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Sleepy Sushi

What a pleasant surprise (and on an extremely dreary, rainy day where I am!!) to check and find the sleepy sushi in the hotness! Thanks voters

Vote!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Sleepy Sushi

Jasneko, I've been saving my sushi vote for a good time, it looks like now is a good time, my vote joins your hotness votes!

Still gearing up to show you or post our Jasneko lantern pictures...the photos are taken but still need to dump them into the computer, (then decide if I am ready to meet the world in these photos! it was late, no makeup type of deal...but will definately send to YOU!!!

Keep it up hottie!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

leechei

quality posts: 0 Private Messages leechei
Re: We are Siamese

As I told you on deviant art!! Omelets made great I LOVE IT!!

kylemittskus

quality posts: 232 Private Messages kylemittskus
alexanderjd wrote:It never ceases to amaze me, the lengths to which people will stretch, in order to insult a ramyb design.

Saying that "animals drinking coffee" is a done deal is FAR to broad of claim. Why not just say "animals doing people things" is entirely off-limits, to cover the briefcase squirrel, too.

By that same logic, you can easily call half the fogged entries copies of something else.

Woot said it as well as us. And there exists a shirt with a bunny drinking coffee. Not an animal doing human stuff. The comparison is far more specific than you're trying to make it seem. For reference (and those who "have no idea what anyone is talking about another shirt":

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

tiernane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tiernane

banzaaiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banzaaiii
Re: Spastic Squirrel

funny thing is woot actually rejected for the title containing "starbucks".

other than in concept there is nothing similar about the two shirts (and the similar stuff is only one part of this shirt). woot has never rejected for "similar concept shirt exists". it has always had to physically look like another shirt. (though it depends on how loosely you define the concept. if the concept is a squirrel getting hyper on coffee, thats fairly specific, but if its "animal gets hyper on coffee", theres more room for differences so it doesnt qualify as similar shirt exist)

i guess it served its purpose though, this shirt wont win, which is no big loss. the rejection didnt do much to improve woots reputation as consistent and able rejectors though. they could have just changed the title upon printing, which they regularly do.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 151 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: We are Siamese

@JustJiggles, il4jc, Stellardig, Loda, stephalump212, flamespear, nitetiger4, leechei

Thank you so much everybody for the comments and votes. Soon I will pass my highest voted shirt on woot which was 417 votes. This will make me very happy, though I'm still in the hang zone and not likely to move into the fog. But hey votes! And maybe stickers if this doesn't get picked for an HM.

@Selene1212 - Ah yes, you are right on that. I will try to be careful on my word choice when describing them.

Drakxxx wrote:This is definitely the kind of fun and witty graphic I can see on all kinds of things besides a t-shirt. As was already mentioned, the stickers would be very cool. Great job as always Diana.

Thanks so much for the comment Drakxxx. I'm always glad to hear that you like my stuff. YAY!

@bassanimation - Ha ha ha, we'll have to see how the voting goes. But, oh boy the laser!

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
ForumLurker wrote:Again... what you call selective is actaually your incomplete understanding of the subtle nuances of the rules.

I was not talking about this design in particular, I was talking in general. The rules are not always enforced, it's not incomplete understanding, it's a factual observation that has been observed and complained about by many that frequent here.

If a tree falls in the woods, does it make a sound?

k thx

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
pennylane78 wrote:How cute!!! How do you get in touch with the artist?? Sloths...

guitar shop?

riffmaster18

quality posts: 5 Private Messages riffmaster18
Re: Stegosaurus String Solo (on Stilts)

thanks for the great comments! much appreciated

Hey Artists! Post your favorite design to my wall from your Facebook page. If I use your image I always link back to you.

spazmojack

quality posts: 0 Private Messages spazmojack

i dig the space scene, well done.

skirochester

quality posts: 4 Private Messages skirochester
CrescentDebris wrote:I'm surprised this dropped out. I think it's really well done. The bird and nest are top notch. I actually heard about this entry before I saw it and I thought "That sounds cool but probably looks pretty crappy as a shirt" but after seeing it I was quite impressed. It's clear what's happening and it looks good doing it.

Thanks C.D. Big fan of yours, so thanks for the compliment.

auggie24

quality posts: 23 Private Messages auggie24
bluetuba wrote:
He might want to give the squirrel orange stripes though just to be safe on the "existing shirts" rule.

Thanks! I just about spit out my coffee onto the keyboard over that comment.

skirochester

vzfamily wrote:I love it! If this prints, it will be the first time I purchase a shirt for MYSELF and not my husband like I usually do! The ones I vote for RARELY print though - so I hope I didn't jinx it!

hah... thanks! and don't worry about the jinx. I usually feel the same way. My favorites rarely place. we'll see about this one. tough tough competition

skirochester

MaliceKaiser wrote:SO glad this shirt is back in the fog. It deserves to be, and it deserves to place too. Good luck! The design is awesome. :D

thanks Malice!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

Oh this is awesome.

BrettWalking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrettWalking
Re: Solar Eclipse

Thanks!

gre9del

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gre9del
keelhaulkate wrote:i like the linework and simplicity of it.

Thanks! Sometimes less is more ;)

svgarcia415

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svgarcia415
chunkydesign wrote:Have to admit that this made me laugh. A site that not long ago had a t-shirt with a rabbit with a bloody knife on one hand and the heart of an old farmer on the other, with him lying dead on the ground with his chest open, or on a lighter tone the t-shirt with godzilla and king kong french kissing, is now rejecting a design, because a "peeled" banana may be inapropriate for kids... Quite funny, indeed.

I agree, that is quite funny. Another note about the kids sizes argument: if the shirt is not appropriate for kids, then the parents' shouldn't buy it for their kids.

mixer23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mixer23
BootsBoots wrote:100% Because of you! So... thank YOU. It turned out well, I thought.

aww, shucks... I thought so as well, and I've worn it twice since I've gotten it. (which is saying a lot, considering my vast collection of t-shirts)

sarahjean1977

quality posts: 1 Private Messages sarahjean1977
Re: Sleeping Sylvan Spirit

I would love to have this as a print/framed.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
RaveDroid wrote:Wow love this one, great job... You would totally have my vote if the design were larger on the shirt (a design that's actually too small for once??).

Well, shoot. I want your vote, and I can understand that you would want the design larger, but at the same time, I wanted to include the concept of the vastness of space and to give the little stars (and planets) a background to play against.
Maybe next time.

jwinogra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jwinogra
Re: Southwestern Salad Shooters

What a mustache! Especially love the colors.

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
lefthandedcrook wrote:the image looks a bit squashed. I used the 16"x20" format. Should i be using another size?

For your next submission:
The print-ready file, which has the colors separated on different levels needs to be 16" x 20" with 300 dpi, but that's a maximum. You can make the design smaller, especially if you're only using part of the shirt. Also, the print-ready should only use the image design; it should not have the shirt template.
The shirt comp should use the shirt template. This should be made square in Photoshop (or some such) and then reduced to 580 x 580.
The design detail should not include the shirt template. You should show enough of the design to catch people's attention, but you may want to use only a portion of the design since it'll be reduced to 240 x 240.
It's best to submit files that are in the dimensions listed and not rely on Woot to shrink or stretch them for you.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

The implied grim reaper's robe in version one of the design just wasn't working for most people, so I've added a robe. The over spray on the stencils made it look disjointed, so I made the spray can actively spraying out the stencil. Although the glow in the dark is rather frivolous, I wanted to give it a try. Considering this design is only two inks it should still be cheaper to print that a full 6 color design.

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks!

Lagbert

Version 2 of the design is now up here http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41098

I've added a robe, removed the over spray, and made the spray can actively spraying.

Thanks to paigeg for the helpful comments.

Even if version 2 doesn't garner a lot of votes, I've still learned a lot from the process.

darel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages darel

Haha thanks for the support, appreciate it.

If they were to just post a link to this page after every Spongebob episode and with a little bit of , things might take a turn for the better!

thrawnfett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrawnfett
Re: Super Spork

Never underestimate the power of the spork!

thrawnfett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrawnfett

Thanks. Glad you like it!

niccamarie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages niccamarie
sarahjean1977 wrote:I would love to have this as a print/framed.

If it doesn't win (which it doesn't look like it will at this point :P), I'll put it up on Zazzle, once the 2 months specified by the woot TOS are up.

Lagbert

GMV just for working the bunnie : )

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
SnowQueenVT wrote:This looks great on the shirt! Your drawing and colors are really working nicely together!

Agreed! Great characters and the colors - both choices and style work well. Nice job!

Vote!

lefthandedcrook

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lefthandedcrook

thanks for the additional tips. I will def do that for the next submission.