albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
NameyMcName wrote:I think it is more that people don't realize it, the same way they don't know what cretin comes from.

Let me rephrase. America likes to pretend it's progressive when its citizens are pretty ignorant of any prejudice that doesn't involve a "whites only" sign. xP

missmissa07

quality posts: 12 Private Messages missmissa07
Re: Santa's Secret (abominable secret)

I also like to think of it as "Stylin' Sasquatch". :D.

I like this. It is creative and origional, so it GMV :D.

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Fun and clever, but the hard edge on the halftone background really detracts from the piece. A halftone semi-circle that fades out as it radiates outward would be one solution. Another idea would be to have the negative space around the halftones suggest a cave.

KickerJCramboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KickerJCramboy
paigeg wrote:Interesting concept. Whew, and I thought I tended to the darkside... Lol!

Just for the record, it's spelled with an "i" - "salivation".

Oops... Thanks for the correction, I usually catch those things... Doh!

sakleehop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sakleehop
SnowQueenVT wrote:Sooo pretty Sakleehop! There were so many entries to look out that I only found yours a minute ago! I love fireworks (starbursts)You did a beautiful job!

Thanks Snow - I appreciate the support.

KickerJCramboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages KickerJCramboy
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41096]Sweet

I can't believe I submitted it again with misspelling Salivation..... Oh well...

notrub

quality posts: 1 Private Messages notrub
pastorroy wrote:then, what would hold it to the shirt

good point. then it would be just a simple green shirt.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
eye4spot wrote:LOL...I do not see the similarity between a single bunny sniffing/lapping a spilled (true size) cup of coffee and two squirrels - one sipping a (squirrel sized) cup of coffee in hand and the other with a briefcase.

Not my style of shirt, but b]since you changed the name (personal preference is not dark-roast syrupy coffee beverages)[/b], I will vote for the re-sub! Assuming that one of your changes is that Mr. Squirrel now is on his third cup of light roast Kona.

FYI, Starbucks uses and sells more light roast than anything else, and their 'dark' roasts do not please me. In general Starbucks doesn't enthuse me but it's better than convenience store or instant coffee, at least!

Ramy: I posted a rather long reply to your previous thread defending you as an artist, the idea/concept, and the coffee addict's 'eating the cup' look - which seems super-addictive & superior to leisurely sipping conceptually. I also used a lot of caps talking about ho wI hate chibi art, most animals on shirts, and have a phobia when it comes to squirrels due to terrifying and traumatic past experiences with the little hellions. But they deleted my post bc I believe I made an 'inappropriate' reference (booooo censorship, woot - you disappoint me as does your lack of humour.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul
Re: We are Siamese

LOVE IT! And voted for it too. Stickers would be sweet. Let me know. If I can I'll tell my friends to vote for it too.

lostnightsoul

midnightcat007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages midnightcat007
JapChrissy wrote:I wish this was on anything but white. I hate white...and yellow =(

Agreed. I love the design, but a white shirt won't do it for me.

fairnymph

quality posts: 55 Private Messages fairnymph
Re: S of Snake

I do not get the title, but the art of this is rad. Although I wish the colour of the pattern were different - maybe some type of dark blue/navy? - and I dislike the off-center placement it feels sloppy somehow.

My Cellar * Read my ramblings on LiveJournal.

79 wine.woots, 42 shirt.woots, 18 woots, 3 sellout.woots, 1 kids.woot

"I like my Sirah like I like my women: young, Petite and inky." - Thralow on CT

keemo0102

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keemo0102
mikenytola wrote:You don't know woot to well do you? They selectively enforce their own rules.

You don't know grammar two well do you?

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
SnowQueenVT wrote:
If you are a dork then heres to dorks and to amazingly awesome tshirts about space by dorks!

To amazingly awesome shirts about space!
Space nerd fo life

Stexe

quality posts: 21 Private Messages Stexe
Re: Soulmates

Ya... the face on the ring kills it for me. Why even have a face? You can tell they are walking together and holding hands (although I guess the hands could be closer together too, but that's just nitpicking).

Oh well, I voted for it just because I like the concept and would be amused to see other people wearing it -- I wouldn't though.

x3xleggedxninja

quality posts: 3 Private Messages x3xleggedxninja

yeah... we won't be able to buy this

fletchallb

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fletchallb
Re: Sea Creature

My only complaint with this shirt is that there doesn't seem to be any oxygen supply for the diver. he has neither air tanks nor air supply coming from the surface (I don't know what that tubing stuff is called, I am not a diver). I think its great, but how long can a diver last without air? I am betting that is what the sea creature is betting on.

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk
Re: Soapin' Skunk

Well, here's another vote from a Skunkie lover Guess I -had- to vote for this one, yanno? ^.^

kaseyfleming

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kaseyfleming
Re: SAMURAI SHOWDOWN

this is awesome! voted!!!

Hektikshok

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Hektikshok

Boo for ban. Shirt starts with S.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
keemo0102 wrote:You don't know grammar two well do you?

Woah! Such a compelling argument! You've really supported your view.

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Lagbert wrote:GMV just for working the bunnie : )

Thx :-) I figured this derby needed a bunny or two.

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Split Spirit of Steam v.2

I love the style and the line for this one, great work!

walmazan

quality posts: 59 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Steampunk Seahorse

Love it, but the colors are amazing! awesome work!

slowjam

quality posts: 8 Private Messages slowjam
Re: sentience

This is... awesome. GMV.

thrawnfett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thrawnfett
Re: Stencil Skeleton v 2

I can't tell for sure, but it looks like you used some gradients on this. It will get rejected if you did. If you didn't, you might want to post close ups to show that you didn't.

tjbeyerl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tjbeyerl
Re: Spastic Squirrel

I guess I just don't get the appeal of the empty eye thing I keep seeing around here. To me, it always just looks like the artist forgot to draw in the pupil.

glstation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glstation
keemo0102 wrote:You don't know grammar two well do you?

Was this a joke? Or...I'm going to believe it was a clever joke. Otherwise I think I'll cry.

glstation

quality posts: 0 Private Messages glstation
Stexe wrote:Ya... the face on the ring kills it for me. Why even have a face? You can tell they are walking together and holding hands (although I guess the hands could be closer together too, but that's just nitpicking).

Oh well, I voted for it just because I like the concept and would be amused to see other people wearing it -- I wouldn't though.

You know, I dislike this type of voting. I love this shirt and voted for it - because I'll buy it if it prints. Why vote for a shirt if you aren't going to buy it?

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
Re: Surf's up surfin' Safari Babe

Now we're tlakin'. Classic style - love the distressing. And I really like how you use the negative space for your lineart. Very, very nice.

paigeg

Re: Stencil Skeleton v 2

I would imagine they have to be halftones for the GITD ink, no? It's not that subtle.
I like this better, definitely. Kindof an 'in' joke that the spray can is/isn't there. Nice re-work!

paigeg

Re: Satori

Huh, I'm amazed, twice! First that this has as many votes as it does given the apparent lack of interest. And second, that it doesn't have more, since I'd been rather counting on many folks' love of Asiana. Either I was wrong, or my execution just didn't cut it. I realize now the composition is awkward. Any other advice is more than welcome!

paigeg

Re: Soft Serve Sensibility

Will this shirt make me look fat? Lol!

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster

I usually like your entries, but this is just a rehash of the my chemical romance shirt you had the other week. No thanks.

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107
Re: SASQUATCH!!!

On behalf of my fellow bigfoots, I kind of feel I ought to point out that this is not the image that we try to project. You know, non-aggression, shyness, gentle protector of nature.

paigeg

KickerJCramboy wrote:I can't believe I submitted it again with misspelling Salivation..... Oh well...

LMAO! Sometimes we just have baaaad days.

paigeg

bigfoot1107 wrote:On behalf of my fellow bigfoots, I kind of feel I ought to point out that this is not the image that we try to project. You know, non-aggression, shyness, gentle protector of nature.

Yeah, but you know, when you guys are doing the bear thing and ***ing in the woods, we can't blame you for getting cranky when some gorf comes tromping up to take "I Saw Bigfoot!" photos. I'm just sayin'.

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
Re: Satori

(re Paige asks for comments about her Satori shirt...)

paigeg wrote:Huh, I'm amazed, twice! First that this has as many votes as it does given the apparent lack of interest. And second, that it doesn't have more, since I'd been rather counting on many folks' love of Asiana. Either I was wrong, or my execution just didn't cut it. I realize now the composition is awkward. Any other advice is more than welcome!

Hi Paige!

Sometimes getting votes is so agonizing, I will be like, I am NOT turning this computer off until that number changes, then it changes and I am like, "Thankyou!" to some unknown (kindhearted!) person!!

I really love the serenity of this piece. The ONLY thing that could possibly improve on it's beauty for me would be more trees in the back...he is looking up and contemplating the world etc. and that little banzaii tree just gives people a taste of what you have to offer, don't stop at a taste,give us a meal!

Of course, I tend to go overboard on the extra details (SO is my advice correct? I really can't say.)and I am thinking of trying to hold some of that back this weekend...might not happen!

It really is beautiful the way it is Paige, I love the sand and the gentleman character, the tree was a tease though thats my only thought about possible improvement.

Will I ever stop ? Yes!...And I do Love this piece!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
Lagbert wrote:Fun and clever, but the hard edge on the halftone background really detracts from the piece. A halftone semi-circle that fades out as it radiates outward would be one solution. Another idea would be to have the negative space around the halftones suggest a cave.

Gonna have to agree. It's a great piece, but that one little detail strongly detracts from it, giving it sorta a boxy look even if it's just one edge that's hard instead of faded.

jamesparksart

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jamesparksart
Re: Sour-puss

Pleassssse, everyone tell me what I need to do to improve my shirt. I find the idea of a sour patch kid being slayed by a grumpy cat making it a sour-puss pretty funn, but I only have 15 votes. Why?

paigeg

jamesparksart wrote:Pleassssse, everyone tell me what I need to do to improve my shirt. I find the idea of a sour patch kid being slayed by a grumpy cat making it a sour-puss pretty funn, but I only have 15 votes. Why?

One just never knows, you know? Take a couple of recent dailies that Woot printed - Really? A white shirt with texting on it? No accounting for taste, I tell ya.
Personally, when I looked at this I kept hearing a voice singing: "I'm a little gummy bear, gummy bear... AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! @#%$!! Mother-#@@$%! @#$@~!! Oh, oh, oh!"
They used to play that as a break all the time on a local radio station. I don't know what it's from, but this captures it!
/edit And I should add that white shirt = automatic tough sell most of the time. Otherwise, though I feel the desing lacks detail (but that just may be your style), I think it's cute!