loveengrey

quality posts: 5 Private Messages loveengrey

Wow I think I like this one even better than the original. Such a good shade of blue. Really makes the silver stand out so well.

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
Re: Treasure Beanstalk (Re-up)

Gorosaurus, you did it!!! Yay !This resub looks great! I think it's much stronger now too, much more cohesive...again, I love your concept here and congratulations on your very 1st entry!!

sgreenip

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgreenip
lonelypond wrote:nice...love all the blues.

Thankyou LonelyPond , I love blue too!

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT
sgreenip wrote:Gorosaurus, you did it!!! Yay !This resub looks great! I think it's much stronger now too, much more cohesive...again, I love your concept here and congratulations on your very 1st entry!!

I hate when I do this..Gorosaurus, the comment above was from Snowqueenvt, sgreenip was logged on trying to change our avatars last night,,,sorry, I am sure he likes your 1st entry too but the comment was from me!!!

Excellent, fast resub! Great job!

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

sgreenip wrote:Thankyou LonelyPond , I love blue too!

Hi Lonelypond, I am such a dirf! The thankyou about the blue was from me, your pal Snowqueen. Sgreenip was logged on and I forgot to log him off!!!

Thankyou for the nice comment!

I love your new picture!! My picture coming soon, need to get facebook but don't really want to...but I will , I love seeing everybodys photos!

SnowQueenVT

Re: The Jungle Book / The Island of Dr Moreau

shantyshawn wrote:I know it's really late in the game, but if I hadn't sketched Bagheera out...well...you know. This derby is turning into my crack.

I am a sucker for black panthers and I love your Mowgli...

replying to your above comment... this is FAR more addictive!!!

(But in a GOOD way!! It's so cool to see such a strong artist pop (back...) out of the woodwork!)

shantyshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantyshawn

Thanks Guys! And thank you Snow Queen!

shantyshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantyshawn
Re: Romeo and Juliet/Humpty Dumpty

That's weird, my comment from a couple days ago didn't show up? Musta been all those swear words. JK, great job! I love the story book feel to it. My daughter went nuts over this, so if it doesn't get printed, but you put it up for sale somewhere else, let me know!

Eeoraptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Eeoraptor

Me likey!

SnowQueenVT

shantyshawn wrote:That's weird, my comment from a couple days ago didn't show up? Musta been all those swear words. JK, great job! I love the story book feel to it. My daughter went nuts over this, so if it doesn't get printed, but you put it up for sale somewhere else, let me know!

You swore at my princess shirt!!How could you! Haha

Oh thankyou Shantyshawn! Your little girl sounds like a sweetheart! I bet she loves your panther as much as I do!! As I said before you are a great artist, I could tell from the thread that you preceeded me by far here at woot but I am glad to meet you now!!

IgnatiusRiley

quality posts: 1 Private Messages IgnatiusRiley

I'm in school right now to become a librarian so I pretty much feel obligated to buy this if it prints.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Definitely in for one - this is wonderful. I'd really enjoy it more as a shirt without Mowgli, but I know - derby theme and all. Consider a daily re-do without the kid?

bfr004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfr004

GMV days ago, but I keep coming back to admire this entry. The sanctified atmosphere off the artwork is mesmerizing - it's a wonderful incorporation of elements from both sources. In summary,

MASHTASTIC!!!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

Thought this might be fun...

I'm thinking of giving away the original drawing for this design. It's marker on bristol, 11 x 14, and for a working sketch came out pretty decent. Since it doesn't look like it's going to be on a shirt too soon, maybe someone would like to have it this way.

If you're interested, visit my facebook page, become a fan and make some comment. I'll pick one person at random and send it off to them. : )

Ezshrkman

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Ezshrkman
SnowQueenVT wrote:Congratulations on the newest addition to your family, your precious cutie wootie TABLET!!!!

Goody more of your fishies! Love your take on these two books, creative idea and nice clean and funny execution again!

I have a feeling i am gonna win this derby!
I Just a need couple more votes...LOL
Thanks SnowQueen =)

zrs105

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zrs105

Re: Treasure Island / the island of Dr. Moreau

Its a proven fact:

Monkey = +1

SnowQueenVT

Ezshrkman wrote:I have a feeling i am gonna win this derby!
I Just a need couple more votes...LOL
Thanks SnowQueen =)

EZ I love your new image, I like all the "happy little clouds" surrounding your head! You are too funny!

Ezshrkman

SnowQueenVT wrote:EZ I love your new image, I like all the "happy little clouds" surrounding your head! You are too funny!

and happy little trees. Lets make a little happy lake for the happy little creatures to drink from
Gotta love Bob Ross
=)

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
Re: Noah's Ark/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

I can't remember the last time I felt I could justify purchasing more than one shirt in the derby. Depending on which of these place, I could be in for three different designs.

This is my top priority though, vote if you have not yet done so! Must. Have. This. Bright. Shirt. Before. Summer.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: Moby homeskillet/1984

Really cool drawing, but 1984 isn't public domain yet. Won't be until 2044...so hold onto this for a while, like fine wine...lol.

arparham

quality posts: 0 Private Messages arparham

I asked earlier, but it was in the other forum. I think I will ask here.

How many people do you think have actually read Moby homeskillet?

And, I don't mean to be so nit-picky, but many of the literature used is not public domain. I may be over reacting, but I wouldn't want people using my stuff, and if woot is going to make a point to say something about it, why are they not going to enforce it?

Jconrace

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Jconrace
Re: Scheherazade's Other Tales

This is my favorite of the derby. I like it so well because the style reminds me of the illustrations in some children's classics books I had when i was a kid. But it's not just nostalgia, it's also well drawn and a good design.

geekygirly

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekygirly

ahhhh! love!! Love!! LOVE!!

One of the few entries where the mashup is actually interesting...

-- it's all about the balance --

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Noah's Ark/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Just came back to root for this one again! I haven't wanted a shirt really badly here for awhile. But I wants this one..adorable/horrific is a must for me.

Plus, there's a llama...

nyren

quality posts: 1 Private Messages nyren
choiceweb wrote:D'Aulaires' Book of Norse Myths is a classic that is hard to track down, but I devoured it in about 5th grade or so. As much as I love Greek myths, most Norse Myths are significantly darker and bizarre.

Regarding Norse mythology, I'd expect the Prose Eddas by Snorri Sturluson (Lawspeaker of the Althing circa 1215 AD) to count as "Classic Literature" given how much influence they've had. They were written around 1220 AD, and if that's not in the Public Domain, I don't know what is :P

Alternatively, you could cite the Poetic Eddas, which were used as reference material for the Snorri's Prose Eddas, however those were passed by oral tradition until the 13th century and thus aren't what most people would classify as "literature."

The Codex Regius was written in about the 13th century, finally transcribing many of those epic pagan poems into a textual form, but not all of them. But, that's harder to cite, since it was lost for hundreds of years and never really published in its original form until recently, from what I can tell.

Ezshrkman

Ezshrkman

Great job on the panther
+1

lrowejr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lrowejr
aliciamady wrote:They never use a hot air balloon in Around the World in 80 days. Not in Jules Verne's book atleast. That was adapted for the movie.

In all, I do like the drawing, but I'm just one for accuracy.

Ah, but there is a hot air balloon in: The Mysterious Island.

No one ever said there was a hot air balloon in Around the World in 80 days. You must have assumed that on your own.

Rainseyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainseyes

well guys, this is my first sub ever...
be gentle...

Rainseyes

Not sure also if I followed all the file parameters,
I will cross my fingers though, I was kinda in a rush to get it in on time,
(done in 2 hours lol)

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn
Re: Cask of a mad hatter

I like the colors, and think it's got tons of potential...but you need a shirt composition, so show where on the tee this would print. It's unlikely that it will be rejected this late in the game, but for future submissions, be certain to include a layout sample in the file.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

Rainseyes

Mavyn wrote:I like the colors, and think it's got tons of potential...but you need a shirt composition, so show where on the tee this would print. It's unlikely that it will be rejected this late in the game, but for future submissions, be certain to include a layout sample in the file.

Thank you, I was looking and just missed the shirt templates, I barley got it in on time, we are talking down to the minute lol

Rainseyes

I hope that it is assumed that the background color (darkest blue) is the color of the shirt

stardamsel

quality posts: 5 Private Messages stardamsel
Re: Scheherazade's Other Tales

Thanks so much for the kind words and comments, guys! Your feedback (not to mention votes!) is greatly appreciated :-D

Ezshrkman

Re: Cask of a mad hatter

Here is one of my favorite bookmarks from the forums.. Check it out
I look at it every week. =)
http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

Don’t give up =)
There are a ton of awesome designers on here that are always more happy to help you out if u have ???
I am still learning 2
ez

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
IgnatiusRiley wrote:I'm in school right now to become a librarian so I pretty much feel obligated to buy this if it prints.

Obligated enough to by 3? :D

goatcane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goatcane
tjost wrote:Lots of artists here have cafe press stores or the equivalent. Woot doesn't care as long as you don't sub something that you had in a store or you print it before the 60 days is up on their rights holding if it was in a derby first.

Wonder where rejected submissions fall into this? (design rejected for religious reasons, not copyright or text or printing complications...)

eye4spot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eye4spot
Re: Treasure Beanstalk (Re-up)

Love the concept, and the execution...the little flower next to the bean stalk and the parrot on the shoulder...the details really make this! GMV

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
goatcane wrote:Wonder where rejected submissions fall into this? (design rejected for religious reasons, not copyright or text or printing complications...)

Generally a good idea to stay away from Jesus at Woot it seems. Angels have gotten by and been printed but Jesus seems to be off limits, too much of a hot topic. The same would go for Muhammed and Allah (unless you like jihad declared on you) Oriental religions don't appear to get as up in arms or woot doesn't have a large enough population to voice concern. Tgentry did a great shirt with Shiva on it for the favorite element derby and it didn't get rejected.

isodore

quality posts: 0 Private Messages isodore

It still needs some work, but I wanted to get it out there before the cut-off so people could at least see my silly little drawing.

Mostly I think it needs some background art to set it better into the shirt. Oh well, that will take a while since I am still getting used to working in photoshop and on a tablet.