BubuSam

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BubuSam

Awesome concept!

aroberts42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aroberts42

It isn't that it is not a nice picture, but other than the title, there is *nothing* on this shirt to even allude to Romeo and Juliette. And if the tragic love story is not the story you want to tell, then tell another story. Like I said, it is not that this is a terrible shirt, but it *does not* deserve this title nor does it belong in this derby.

BubuSam

Love the style! Keep up the good work =)

dhouse87

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dhouse87
BubuSam wrote:Awesome concept!

Does anyone else find it absolutely infuriating that woot doesn't show us what shirt people are talking about?

Or is there a way that I've just never known about?

BubuSam

So simple yet so great

dhouse87

Re: Noah's Ark/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

Finally got woot all linked up to my facebook. Yay!

grayehound

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grayehound
Re: Who Needs Ruby Slippers?...

Nice illustration and clever concept, but (as someone else has commented) it seems having two books right over your nipples is a bit odd.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
JesseBYAH wrote:I love when you include stuff like this. You're so thoughtful =)

This design is just lovely- really cute and simple. I agree that your style is really coming along nicely. Great job!

P.S. I finally got my camera charger- I'll post pics soon of Latern Lights and send you pictures of my bunnies =P

Aw, well thanks Jesse! That's much better than "why are you telling us?", which sometimes I wonder if people think when I post that kind of stuff!

So glad you like this and the evolution of my style. And can't wait to see your pictures!=)

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
mypinktoes wrote:I think it would look even better if there were a web with a message in it somewhere....like "run" or whatever. Just MHO.

I want to see "gets lemon juice in the eye to your assmar" in there.

Edit:s.ucks, not that filter about lemons.

abbydunlay

quality posts: 0 Private Messages abbydunlay
Re: The Strange Musician / Five Weeks in a Balloon

Great work! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Why were the music notes that were originally at the top taken out? Did it just not work well?

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Le Morte d'Arthur / The Wizard of Oz

You did a great job with this. There's only 2 things bugging me. 1, I wish you hadn't framed it quite so squarley with the poppey field since there organic in nature and could have spread around a little more and 2, While the castle has some great detail (from what I can see that's not covered by the comp) it looks a little flat compared to the rest of the piece which is odd since the rest of the art has a nice depth of field. Any ways great job and hope you come around more often. GMV

mrwuzzle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mrwuzzle
Re: Cthulhu Hatter

Go For It, Green Zoidberg!!

jason amorosi

SnowQueenVT

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SnowQueenVT

"....he pulled out a ring and said "marry me Juliet you never have to be alone...I talked to your dad, go pick out a white dress it's a love story baby just say ..YES!"

http://www.wix.com/scottgreenip/snowqueenvt

SnowQueenVT

paigeg wrote:LOL! You know how to live, girl! I'd rather do the stain and finish. Do you have a name for that? (I'm deeply in love with wood grain)

....ummmm "Finishy?"

...hey Finishy, is that one of your vacation pictures? ..Niiiiiiice!!

tjost

dhouse87 wrote:Does anyone else find it absolutely infuriating that woot doesn't show us what shirt people are talking about?

Or is there a way that I've just never known about?

Actually they've partly solved this with the new profile page (the person you quoted was talking about my shirt which is why I saw this post) If your in the main derby comments section and you see a post like that click on the new little avatar next to the persons name. It'll then show a list of all comments with the most recent on top and what thread they were talking in. Now they don't have all the links working just yet so you can't open directly to the thread but it will give the description and thread entry number if it's a shirt. Open another window, click on a random entry then in the top address bar change the entry number to the one thats in the post your interested in and voila Hope this helps!

Eshto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eshto
dhouse87 wrote:Finally got woot all linked up to my facebook. Yay!

What does that mean?

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
VIIIofXIII wrote:I'm not quite sure you understand what a meme is.

No Llamas in general have definitely became a meme probably starting with the llama song on albinoblacksheep.com years ago. Dude where's my car (It's a LLAMA) 4chan. It spread and became the general purpose funny animal.

SnowQueenVT

Eshto wrote:What does that mean?

(RE Eshto wants to know why its good that facebook linked up with woot)

It means that Dhouses picture playing volleyball has replaced the cartoon avatar...I have been trying for 2 days to upload my photo but the circuits are jammed, all million or so wooters are trying to add their own image to this site, all at once...

Can you see through all that fog there Eshto? It won't be long now!

flamespear

quality posts: 4 Private Messages flamespear
IgnatiusRiley wrote:I'm in school right now to become a librarian so I pretty much feel obligated to buy this if it prints.

lol see my above comment

dhouse87

tjost wrote:Actually they've partly solved this with the new profile page (the person you quoted was talking about my shirt which is why I saw this post) If your in the main derby comments section and you see a post like that click on the new little avatar next to the persons name. It'll then show a list of all comments with the most recent on top and what thread they were talking in. Now they don't have all the links working just yet so you can't open directly to the thread but it will give the description and thread entry number if it's a shirt. Open another window, click on a random entry then in the top address bar change the entry number to the one thats in the post your interested in and voila Hope this helps!

I think I love you.

Maybe it's the cookies. + $2 for you sir. I've been wanting your shirt forever, finally ordered it now.

Thanks!

SnowQueenVT

dhouse87 wrote:I think I love you.

Maybe it's the cookies. + $2 for you sir. I've been wanting your shirt forever, finally ordered it now.

Thanks!

(RE TJosts blockbuster shirt, The Binge)

You and that shirt are going to be VERY happy together!!

A totally worthy and awesome purchase!!

We saw someone wearing it (a passerby) on the nightly local news last night (Vermont)

VIIIofXIII

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VIIIofXIII
flamespear wrote:No Llamas in general have definitely became a meme probably starting with the llama song on albinoblacksheep.com years ago. Dude where's my car (It's a LLAMA) 4chan. It spread and became the general purpose funny animal.

I believe Monty Python was doing llamas better and way before that, but it still doesn't make literally anything with a llama part of a meme. Llamas are neither out of place on nor necessary to this design.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore...(Version 2)

Thanks shantyshawn and loveengrey!

lucky1988

Re: The Jungle Book / The Island of Dr Moreau

Very cool, the panther is excellent!

iHaunter

quality posts: 0 Private Messages iHaunter

lucky1988

Re: Romeo and Juliet/Humpty Dumpty

Cheers SnowQueenVT, I like you as well.

SnowQueenVT

lucky1988 wrote:Cheers SnowQueenVT, I like you as well.

Thankyou Lucky! Now I think I can go to sleep happy!! You are a sweetheart!(.....and a HUGE talent!!!!(true!!!)...Now you can go to sleep happy too!)

mjc613

quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore...(Version 2)

Gimme those ruby slippers!!!

lucky1988

Love the colors and style! Go Eshto!

lucky1988

Priestoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Priestoid

If this got printed under any circumstances I would pay good money for it.

cernenus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages cernenus
Re: The Family Jules

To have Mashed the "I'd want" button any faster I'd have needed a time machine (but that's hg wells, so I wasn't going to find one on this shirt)

geekoid32

quality posts: 0 Private Messages geekoid32

As a quick side note, I don't know if Zeus ever used a shield... Greek warriors, of course, had them and gods/goddesses like Athena and Aries wielded them, but I don't think Zeus ever has.

tjost

dhouse87 wrote:I think I love you.

Thanks!

Awesome! Thanks for the support and enjoy your shirt, I can gaurantee it'll bring some smiles from people around you.

tjost

Re: A Novel Idea

Thanks again everyone who supported this shirt, I like trying new styles and I think this one came out well. I can see things I missed or would like to change but so goes life and art. Here's hoping for the weekend

vipre01

quality posts: 6 Private Messages vipre01

I like the design, but wouldn't wear this shirt.

Voted for you anyways.

DivineAna

quality posts: 9 Private Messages DivineAna
Re: Le Morte d'Arthur / The Wizard of Oz

That is gorgeous!
Can we not vote this one into a winner's slot?

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
ViciousSandpiper wrote:A figure in a collection of Middle Eastern and South Asian stories who told a different story every night and left it hanging at an exciting part so her husband wouldn't have her killed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One_Thousand_and_One_Nights

Thanks for the explanation. I knew I could've googled/wiki'd, but I was hoping for the condensed version from the wooter p.o.v./why I should recognize it lol. Heh, I definitely recognize the story/plot now that you told me about it (think I even studied it in a class on medieval culture) though still don't think I recognize the name lol. Thanks

Rainseyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainseyes
paigeg wrote:

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!

Ummm...Thanks!! I think, lol

dhouse87

Re: THE TELL-TALE HEART OF DARKNESS

How frequently has it happened that an artist gets two designs into the fog on the same derby?

I want it to happen for the (former noob, but I hope, soon to become veteran) Eshto! Vote this into the fog!