AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore...(Version 2)

Wish this one was doing better.

AGrant311

quality posts: 4 Private Messages AGrant311
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore...

Wish this was doing better... Would buy three if it prints.

keelhaulkate

quality posts: 0 Private Messages keelhaulkate

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Jejeymccheese wrote:This shirt is amazing! Granted I'm biased towards anything war of the worlds... but its adorable! Me want.

Thanks! and thanks everyone who voted. Somehow I lost all steam after the first day. I regret nothing

Aer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Aer
abbydunlay wrote:Great work! I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Why were the music notes that were originally at the top taken out? Did it just not work well?

I believe those notes are the actual print on the shirt he's using to show the lemon color. It's from the music derby: http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=29638

Also, I was wondering if the musician is playing anything in particular? Either way, I love the shirt.

mpittman17

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mpittman17

If this doesn't win, I'm going to be one depressed English major...

icemonster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icemonster
Re: 1 Samuel 17/Frankenstein

That looks like a giant pizza roll not a pucker.

Eshto

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Eshto
Re: THE TELL-TALE HEART OF DARKNESS

WOW! This also made it into the fog?!? Thanks everyone!

I worked really hard on both designs. I was a little unsure of this one because while I think it's really cool, it is a bit dark and disturbing.

So glad it is getting love from the woot community!!

:D

lordmanimani

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lordmanimani
Re: animal farm/charlottes web

This is a pretty funny and cute design, my suggestion would be to implement the Charlotte's Web side more by maybe making one or both of the messages written in spider's webs. And is "More Equal" a phrase from Animal Farm? Maybe pick something more immediately recognizable from that book.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: The Strange Musician / Five Weeks in a Balloon

Thanks again for all the support this week! I know this is a bit different from what I usually come up with, so I'm happy to see that it's been well-received.

Gertrudethemutilator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Gertrudethemutilator

Love it! Hope it prints, I'd be in for 1 for my kid.

Life is like a box of chocolates, the good stuff's all gone, the rest will go eventually.

CrystaIEyes

quality posts: 2 Private Messages CrystaIEyes
paigeg wrote:In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt that some folks who put it out there deserved some added attention...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

But it also means that you
A. Subbed a great first effort
B. Subbed a design that for some reason just didn't rock the vote
C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on!

Awww, thanks! That's really nice, and thanks for the tip about finding a cheap tablet, I'll have to try that!

But, on another note,
That poor cat...

vlbirm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages vlbirm
Re: Cask of a mad hatter

I really like this one....the lime green completes the whole scene.

Jejeymccheese

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jejeymccheese
paigeg wrote:One of our folks directed us here, to a community thread that caters to us Noobs: http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=1946963

Awesome! Thanks so much!

FrostByte

quality posts: 11 Private Messages FrostByte

This is the first shirt that I'm really looking forward to buying in a derby for quite a while! Well done.

Of course, if I do get it, there's at least a few books I'll have to pick up to read just to be sure that I've read everything on here!

Well done!

Charter Member (0002314) - Friend of the Official Crappraiser Get your Official Crappraisal today.

woot 56 wine 5 shirt 35 sellout 12 kids 27 hh 2 moofi 3 home 7 sport 6
electronics 3 pop 4 tools 2 a&w 4 computers 0 total 166

calittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages calittle
Eshto wrote:WOW! This also made it into the fog?!? Thanks everyone!

I worked really hard on both designs. I was a little unsure of this one because while I think it's really cool, it is a bit dark and disturbing.

So glad it is getting love from the woot community!!

:D

Put it up on Cafepress and I'll buy one...

onlinebret

quality posts: 0 Private Messages onlinebret

kontara

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kontara
Re: Who Needs Ruby Slippers?...

I like this!! Very well done. I want one!!

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
Re: Noah's Ark/20,000 Leagues Under the Sea

I've never voted for a shirt. I'm not sure if I'll buy it because I don't know how well a slightly-pale guy can pull it off.

But you GMV. And I can't wait to struggle with the decision of purchasing it or not. Well done.

thacerine

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thacerine
Re: A Novel Idea

You should know I created an account on here *just* so I can buy this shirt if it prints. I've been lurking on here for...well, we won't discuss how long...but this is the first shirt I've seen that I simply MUST have.

werdwerdus

quality posts: 13 Private Messages werdwerdus

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
thacerine wrote:You should know I created an account on here *just* so I can buy this shirt if it prints. I've been lurking on here for...well, we won't discuss how long...but this is the first shirt I've seen that I simply MUST have.

I'm flattered

irondirigible

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irondirigible
paigeg wrote:In the spirit of thatrobert's BLAs, I've decided I want to recognize some derby submissions that didn't cut the mustard. Can't promise I'll pull this off every week (I would LIKE to), but I felt some folks who put it out there deserved some attention...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the YOU ROCK AWARD!

This means you are definitely NOT going to get printed following this Woot Derby.

But it also means that you
A. Subbed a great first effort
B. Subbed a design that for some reason just didn't rock the vote
C. Got Rejectionated but should definitely try again and/or re-sub in a more appropriate derby or as a daily
D. I like you

Take it for what it's worth - just wanted to give you a nod for the effort and make sure you keep trying. Rock on

Thanks very much. I will keep on trying and trying to improve. I appreciate your encouragment!

irondirigible

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: We're not in Kansas anymore...(Version 2)

Cheers mjc613 and AGrant311!

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
AGrant311 wrote:Wish this was doing better... Would buy three if it prints.

Thanks Aricia!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

I just saw this got knocked out of the fog. I am effing SHOCKED, there isnt anything I would wear in the fog. Depressing....

colleco

quality posts: 0 Private Messages colleco
Re: Le Morte d'Arthur / The Wizard of Oz

This t-shirt is too good to pass up.

reipsadeus

quality posts: 2 Private Messages reipsadeus
Re: THE CALL OF CTHULHU / MOBY homeskillet

I wonder if Ahab is wearing the elder sign?

Doe not call up Any that you cannot put downe; by the which I mean, Any that can in turn call up somewhat against you, whereby your powerfullest Devices may not be of use. Ask of the Lesser, lest the Greater shall not wish to Answer, and shall commande more than you.

- H.P. Lovecraft

freemanoid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages freemanoid
lordmanimani wrote:This is a pretty funny and cute design, my suggestion would be to implement the Charlotte's Web side more by maybe making one or both of the messages written in spider's webs. And is "More Equal" a phrase from Animal Farm? Maybe pick something more immediately recognizable from that book.

I would definitely say it's the most immediately recognizable from the book although 'Four legs good, two legs better' would have been good. I believe the original line was 'All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.'

mysteryd8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mysteryd8

My God, I want this so bad. Great job.

"I have a new philosophy. I'm only going to dread one day at a time." - Charles M. Schulz

Bulnes

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Bulnes
cmdixon2 wrote:Shoot! I was doing this exact scene!
At least I didn't get much further than the sketch phase. Here's my quick sketch. Crazy similarities.

Good luck you guys!

Woots: twelve
Shirts: fifty five...wow.. I gotta get another hobby

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett

Lol, I love the little tiny bird at the top.

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

Man, those colors are incredible!!

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt

>>>swellodell wrote:
no other shirt pulled off so many characters with such a cohesive interaction. Good job on keeping it classic.<<<

tjost wrote:I may have had a little help ;)

Who helped you? (Other than the authors of all those great books?)

cbloeb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cbloeb
calittle wrote:Put it up on Cafepress and I'll buy one...

Me too. It's really great.

CBL

bardolator

quality posts: 3 Private Messages bardolator
Nekkochan wrote:In the book, the flying monkeys do not live with in the witch's castle, and only serve her when summoned by the magic cap, good for only three uses. They weren't there when she died. They carried Dorothy to the castle and split. IIRC, they also didn't wear little outfits, but I could be wrong.

So strictly speaking, while this is a cute design, this is a mashup of a book and a movie, not of two books. If that matters - which, Woot derby rigor being what it is, it probably doesn't.

Perhaps it's a mashup of _The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes_, _The Wizard of Oz_, and _Wicked_? (Elphaba would have been in bed, but then maybe TWoO provides the stone floor part.)

JoshReyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JoshReyes
Re: A Novel Idea

loks like a target shirt

cxl

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cxl

AWWW 4th?? Post to let us know if this is going to get printed elsewhere!!!

dragonvt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dragonvt
cbloeb wrote:Me too. It's really great.

Count me in as well. Let us know where it goes up for sale, and I will definitely buy one.

jkiernan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages jkiernan
Re: Moby homeskillet/The Bible

Huh. Woot rejected the only shirt worth buying in this derby.