lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988

Congrats MJ, sweet design!

groov3time

quality posts: 0 Private Messages groov3time

Great shirt! I just picked mine up!

CardinalGoldstein

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CardinalGoldstein

What a cool shirt design. I think this is worthy of spending my coupon on.

lordgustoff

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lordgustoff

What I find interesting about today's shirt is that by looking at the woots by state, you can tell which states contain the most people who were brainwashed by An Inconvenient Truth, and which contain the most people who would light the rain forests on fire themselves.

Manoanus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Manoanus

Really I Like it.

vectoria

quality posts: 1 Private Messages vectoria

So, the Woot Writeup for today...

A nod, perhaps, to everyone's favorite rational madman and his soliloquy on saving the earth?

If so, well played! If not, it's an appropriate coincidence.

I don't dislike the man, btw. He had some great ideas. But you have to admit – especially if you've read the things he's written – that guy was intense.
But it all makes sense given that the famous Transcendentalist Margaret Fuller was his great aunt.

(A bit of a digression I realize...I am currently in the midst of a research case study. Nevertheless, this is all quite relevant to Earth Day, as the Transcendentalists were proto-hippies!)

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I don't understand. This is all supposed to be about experiencing the outdoors, but I don't see a single PSP, portable DVD player, cell phone or iPod on the entire shirt. Where's the realism?

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

Also, not to be a downer, but cotton is made from plants, not organs. Do your research first, woot.

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 37 Private Messages Quasiskunk

ManBearPig would approve.

And he's super cereal about that.

headsupcustoms

quality posts: 0 Private Messages headsupcustoms

im all for earth day and all that jazz, but THIS was the best we could come up with? It's pretty nonsensical and very busy. oh well, congrats for getting picked.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots
trumpy33 wrote:Ahh finally a shirt to rub in those dang Martian's faces!

lol!

jewelwing

quality posts: 13 Private Messages jewelwing

Somehow it doesn't seem like organic shirts should be black. They should be creme or pastel or some color that comes out of a plant. So the shirts organic, but what about the dye?

Anyways, congrats MJ!

Rhubes

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Rhubes

Are they AA shirts? I see the main page of shirt.woot no longer states they are, but still says they are closer fitting.

My slanky 2 year old wears a k4 in wootshirts, so I bought this one in a k6 in hopes it will fit him through summer.

criffe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages criffe
mcgawnet wrote:I'm glad to see that the digletts were not left out.

Dugtrio + Diglett (in the back) technically ><

DJ9975

quality posts: 4 Private Messages DJ9975
berrynoir wrote:Seriously, Woot. Organic cotton? As opposed to the other cotton that is what...? Non-carbon-based?

Or is this cotton "free range" or something, as opposed to grown in those cruel and inhumane rows?

The cotton is allowed to feed on wild grains and grasses, as opposed to processed corn. And no rows- seeds are thrown into the wind to fall and sprout wherever their little hearts desire!

kipin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kipin

I would have bought this if it wasn't organic cotton.

Firebert

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Firebert

What the heck is between the leaf and the apple? If anyone says it is Pokemon...

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid

What, no mushrooms? What earth-loving hippie would buy this shirt?

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

ashram101

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ashram101

organic cotton SCIENCE FACTS:
http://www.ota.com/organic/mt/organic_cotton.html

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

awesome shirt!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

natefansler

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natefansler
suess2000 wrote:I know that cotton is grown in dry climates and requires a lot of irrigation. What goes into organic cotton? Is it just non-GMO non-pesticide, or does it also have to do with sustainable water use?

organic (.....) means that the seed was not genetically manipulated to make it more productive / resilient, the ground was not fertilized, and the weeds/bugs were not sprayed.

basically, organic the most inefficient farming that you could possibly do. The funny thing is that you end up poluting the earth more by growing organic just so that you can feel better about not having anything unnatural touching you.

The only reason organic is grown or marketed is that it can be sold for alot more. I've actually talked to farmers that "grow organic" but don't really grow organic. They still spray fertilize and spray for bugs and weeds. When you sell your products, they can test for genetically altered seeds but they can't tell if you've used chemicals or fertilizer unless you spray right before harvest.

rmatuseski

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rmatuseski

It's for taking field notes...goes along with the binoculars, camera and hiking boot

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

This shirt is great! I'm getting one! If you get a few for your family members you can all wear them in the car on your annual family trip to a national park and play car bingo with the images on the shirt...Oh wait...that won't work because everyone has the same shirt...

Darn it, shirt.woot, you can't even bring families together! But you're doing a nice thing for the earth so I forgive you.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

Can someone clarify this? Fourth row down, three over from the left...is that a group of Diglets?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

coupdehaha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages coupdehaha
smedgrick wrote:does the organic cotton feel any different than the lush softness of a regular woot shirt, or is it just supposed to make you feel better on the inside or what?

Yes and Yes, both in good ways.

sashak7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sashak7

So does the partnership with SC work? Woot just uses their slogan?

chrisfranz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chrisfranz

Am I the only one that doesn't really get the design? just a bunch of random things found on earth? Is there a hidden code amongst the clip art?

milky426

quality posts: 0 Private Messages milky426

I am pretty sure that those pokemon are hills. Happy Earth Day!

bafarrell

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bafarrell
Firebert wrote:What the heck is between the leaf and the apple? If anyone says it is Pokemon...

Rolling hills...

jowey58

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jowey58
Firebert wrote:What the heck is between the leaf and the apple? If anyone says it is Pokemon...

clearly its those mountains that are always in the backround of Super Mario World

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

Aw, I really like this design, just not the colors of it. I'd buy it but I'm not a fan of black shirts. Great design otherwise though!

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
sashak7 wrote:So does the partnership with SC work? Woot just uses their slogan?

You can find out more about the partnership here:

http://shirt.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=12421

llandar

quality posts: 32 Private Messages llandar
lordgustoff wrote:What I find interesting about today's shirt is that by looking at the woots by state, you can tell which states contain the most people who were brainwashed by An Inconvenient Truth, and which contain the most people who would light the rain forests on fire themselves.

This shirt makes no argument either way about climate change, and neither do we, as we've had to repeat ad nauseum. It's Earth Day. It's a shirt about celebrating and enjoying the Earth.

animuson

quality posts: 14 Private Messages animuson

Yes, the more important reason not to wear this shirt on Venus is because the environment will ruin your shirt, not because it will kill you. We all know Woot shirts are more precious than our lives.

animuson

lordgustoff wrote:What I find interesting about today's shirt is that by looking at the woots by state, you can tell which states contain the most people who were brainwashed by An Inconvenient Truth, and which contain the most people who would light the rain forests on fire themselves.

And by reading the comments you find out which ones don't have a clue what they're talking about.

This is such a 'WOW... REALLY?' comment... I've never even seen An Inconvenient Truth and I bought 2, because that has nothing to do with Earth Day.

jeremytheindian

quality posts: 17 Private Messages jeremytheindian

From the map it looks lie Louisiana is still pissed at mama earth for hitting them with hurricane Katrina, although I don't know what Hawaii has to complain about.

Wootx16-Winex1-Kidsx13-Shirtx20-Selloutx8-Homex1-BOCx2

Poltron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Poltron

That is a hideous looking shirt. Is this voting rigged, because I saw some really nice looking prints in the derby and shocked that this is what ended up winning.

Even my coworker said "LAAME!" when she saw it.

dougblair3

quality posts: 2 Private Messages dougblair3

Neat design, but I find the choice of colors to be odd, given the theme. I'd love this on maybe a creme shirt with earth-tone icons.

animuson

Poltron wrote:That is a hideous looking shirt. Is this voting rigged, because I saw some really nice looking prints in the derby and shocked that this is what ended up winning.

Even my coworker said "LAAME!" when she saw it.

This is not the derby winner. It is a special shirt designed specifically for Earth Day and the Sierra Club. The derby winners will sell Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

gosail69541

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gosail69541

Where's the enviro-friendly sailboat?