ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: Chimerical Cook

I really enjoy this design and I especially like the look and texture of the microwave. Something about it really works for me. Keep up the good work!

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: How Are Books Made?

Only shirt I'm voting for now, because I want it so badly to make it into the fog. Come on!!

madduck84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages madduck84
IgnatiusRiley wrote:Very nice, though I would prefer a shirt that explains the difference between "its" and "it's". I'm continually amazed at how often I see people mix the two up. There really is no excuse for something like that.

I still mix that up sometimes, but thats the only one i occasionally have trouble with.

My Wife's Shirt:

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
jogafl wrote:I like that you kept it clean and positive!

Why, thank you! There is enough negativity in the world. I do not wish to be a contributor :-)

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
theinvisible wrote:I just can't get over the octagonal honeycomb. It reminds me of a tile floor.

Sorry about that. This bee is outside the hive and went with a octagon rather than the standard drone hexagon.

Although, if it were an issue with people, I could change it up if I were to do a resub somewhere at a later date. That and I'd put in that extra "n" in hunny.

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

Very funny.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

kylemittskus

quality posts: 229 Private Messages kylemittskus
llandar wrote:I don't see how this shows any sort of process or "how ___ works" at all.

Listen, llandar. We're all with you. Perhaps you have more tattle power than us measly plebeians. Or perhaps you'll get fired for criticizing a shirt.woot cash cow. Either way, we're with you.

"If drinking is bitter, change yourself to wine." -Rainer Maria Rilke

"Champagne is a very kind and friendly thing on a rainy night." -Isak Dinesen

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: Birdsong

I really appreciate all of the feedback I have received so far. I wasn't too sure how I would feel about my design once it was posted online (nothing ever feels done to me - I always want to make changes!) but I am really glad for the experience. I will definitely be making this a habit.

Does anyone have any recommendations for online tutorials on coloring and creating halftone effects in Illustrator? I know that Woot may not allow halftones but I like the effect!

BrettWalking

quality posts: 0 Private Messages BrettWalking
Re: Makin' Bacon (resub)

Push button, receive bacon. But how does it work?

rgness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rgness
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41659]

Sweet! I need another TARDIS shirt.

Elicea

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Elicea
batgirl04 wrote:If your shirt isn't the one chosen, can you put it on zazzle to order anyway? I LOVE this design! Baker at heart!

absolutely

Re: how cupcakes are made

DaxTaniss

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DaxTaniss

Gotta love that mule's face!

Can't help but think of Romancing the Stone though... what's that all about!?

GMV.

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
Re: HOW TO: LINEAR PERSPECTIVE

Ha! A big ol' glass o' wine does tend to change my perspective, and (insert 'vanishing point' pun here).
:-)

I like celery.

tonitonitone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tonitonitone
rgness wrote:Sweet! I need another TARDIS shirt.

I really do like the style, but like the others said, I wish it'll show some of the inner workings of the machine.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Re: When a Butterfly... (How a Hurricane Works)

So yeah, here's my entry...wasn't going to enter this week, but I decided I liked this design...

Hit me with comments, feedback, etc...this is a little different than my usual style so far as a woot designer...

squarepeggy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squarepeggy
Re: How rain works!

i really love this one!

bllysldr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bllysldr
InkWiz wrote:Well I hope everyone enjoys this.

Larger Image
http://i42.tinypic.com/2ni37d0.jpg/

This one has to win !!!

juzijuzi

quality posts: 9 Private Messages juzijuzi
Jedigreedo wrote:Very clever, and excellent work on the fire! I can think of a good number of people that would buy this.

I love your dragon! It is simply adorable! Long live dragons!

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: How Are Books Made?

Again I want to take the time to thank everyone for their support on this one, I really appreciate all your feed back on this as well.

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

unicornballz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages unicornballz

i love this shirt!
its horribly magnificant

kevbot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kevbot
blackfoxx12 wrote:okay hopefully this design will be a little more successful than my last submission...or at least it won't get rejected 3 times. sorry for the pathetic attempt at da vinci-esque sketching, i know drawing is not my strongest point and yes, i acknowledege it's not entirely anatomically correct. that, however is not the point. anyone who has read a jane austen novel or seen a romantic comedy will get this. those of you who haven't...well, you will, eventually, because the only way love can work is if your heart belongs to someone else

Totally voting for this if you spellcheck.

juzijuzi

Re: LED = Light Emitting Diversity

I like the simplicity of the design and the concept. Long live Fireflies!

juzijuzi

Re: How to get the cheese

I really like the forefront image of the welder mouse - I think it could have been the whole shirt image as it is very simple an clever on its own.

goalielax00

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goalielax00
Re: Ask Again Later

Wow, this is really impressive. GMV

SubBass49

Re: How To Cure Ailments

Creepy as all heck, but pure awesome at the same time...

May not win the derby, but this gets buckets of respect from me...

SubBass49

Re: How babies work...

As the proud father of a 17 month-old girl, I can completely relate to this!

SubBass49

Re: THE INS AND OUTS OF BEARD

This is cool in a 1970s kinda way...I don't see it necessarily relating to the theme, but it's still a cool design...

SubBass49

Re: Think green

This totally would have had my vote last week...bummer...

SubBass49

Re: HOW TO: LINEAR PERSPECTIVE

Hahaha...as an art teacher that is currently teaching linear perspective, this is pretty funny...I'm due to start teaching two-point next week...lol

SubBass49

Re: How A Dryer Eats Socks

So THAT'S how that happens...(cool)

SubBass49

Re: Birdsong

Reminds me of another shirt I bought here before...can't remember the title though. Had little short/stout birds with speakers...my favorite shirt that I own!

Good work!

SubBass49

Re: How Pollination Works

Is that blue flower getting frisky with the bee?

amesj

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amesj
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

I don't even really care about the Twilight uproar, but this is clever and very funny, great job.

whovian42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages whovian42
blackkristos wrote:Why do so many people on shirt.woot think the TARDIS is the phone booth from Bill & Ted? Have you SEEN B&T? The phone booth looks nothing like the TARDIS.

yep...from what i hear- bill and ted's phone booth looks quite different from the police box...

and everyone saying this doesnt work for the theme? suppose its for the mod's to decide...so it's not a literal- "this is how it works" thing, look at is abstractly? aesthetically?

cuz unless the artist did something like 'superior beings' there is no way to show the inner workings of a tardis in a way that could be made into a nice looking shirt...and even then - its a funny imaginative speculation that doesnt hold true to the mythos of the show

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
fishbiscuit5 wrote:Everybody vote! I need to wear this to my annual nap at the next Twilight movie.

Why nap? My buddy went to the last one and every time that joyous vampire showed up on the screen, my buddy would start squealing like a girl.

We are tempted to take a large group to the next one and do it. Granted we will get kicked out, but it will be worth it.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: How a See n' Say works

I really appreciate this idea. Lot of woot voters don't have kids yet, i guess.

sirsaff

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirsaff
Re: Think green

Im new here...i see,different theme every week huh?..

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker
Re: asplosions

My four year old asked me how volcanoes worked after seeing footage of the Iceland one. I said a special kind of mountain has a big explosion. He spends the rest of the day drawing volcanic asplosions. So I stole his idea.

This graphic explains how asplosions happen.

peonjohn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peonjohn
Re: Cutting the Grass

this is actually pretty clever. i like it.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

whovian42 wrote:
and everyone saying this doesnt work for the theme? suppose its for the mod's to decide...so it's not a literal- "this is how it works" thing, look at is abstractly? aesthetically?

The theme was How Do They Work. It's pretty clear cut: "For this derby we want you to show us how things work OR, in the event of your not knowing exactly, how you THINK they work." Does this design show how the TARDIS works, or even how the designer thinks it works? It's pretty clear that it doesn't. There was plenty of room for showing how the TARDIS works, the designer could have done a cut away and just showed gears or something, and that would have been enough to fit the theme. I don't see how you can look at a design "abstractly" or "aesthetically" and have it fit the theme when the theme is SO clear cut and literal. It's spelled out very clearly. I'd be seriously disappointed if this got printed over entries that were actually on topic. I could have dumped a half dozen designs on this derby and explained it away that it "abstractly" met the theme guidelines. Hopefully that's not a precedent woot is willing to set.