martirs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages martirs
Re: Meme Machine

Thank you Al Gore

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49
Ezshrkman wrote:i like it! Perfect for living in Florida! +1

Haha...didn't even think about the fact that it'd be a regional hit!

"Gulf Coast shirt sales increased 14.3% today on news that a hurricane themed design was released by shirt.woot"

LOL

SubBass49

mjc613 wrote:Thanks for the link! I am still not convinced, but it does give you food for thought.

Haha...no problem. I don't fully subscribe to the theory myself, but it's fun to think about.

I just really wanted to do a shirt for this derby without making a cheesy cut-away. Not that I'm dissing the rest of the entires - there are some really dope shirt designs - just that I didn't want to draw something that was so similar to everything else.

TheWaffleKing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TheWaffleKing
Re: how ice cream works.

I think this is grotesquely awesome! The design is clean and dynamic, very good work. Looking forward to more submissions from you!

NightDragon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages NightDragon
Re: Physical attraction

I logged in just to vote this shirt. I havent logged into woot for over a year.

Bravo.

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
paigeg wrote:Glad to see this still fogging. For my money, the most on-topic entry in the top nine. You do deserve a print with this one.

thanks so much!

SubBass49

Re: how ice cream works.

Where the off-center placement may turn off some people, for me it's a plus! This design is insane (in a good way) and the placement only adds to my appreciation.

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Jedigreedo wrote:Lovely work on the birds, and very nice work on the mechanisms. Even though they should really clash, they look great together!

Thanks again. I just wish I had finished the design a little earlier. It seems like submitting late Sunday was a little too late.

bigfoot1107

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bigfoot1107

[quote postid="3912205" user="rogerrogerroger"]ice cream maintains its delicious flavor by means of a complex cardiovascular system.

Sorry, I just don't grasp how a complex cardiovascular system maintains the flavor of ice cream. I see you've put the two together in an illustration, but the interaction between its cool and unctuous exterior and its entrails doesn't make sense. Is the ice cream input or output? As I consume the exterior do I shrink the interior?
Isn't it more likely that ice cream maintains its delicious flavor because of little buds of buttercream, picked by elvish folk and stuffed into a hopper that feeds a hydraulic cannon that spews that delicious coating onto a scoop-shaped armature?
I mean, that's what's behind my ice cream.

jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch
niccamarie wrote:MadDuck is right. If you want to see a higher-quality image, you can here: http://imgur.com/hiNlw. I can assure you it was not made in paint

Ahh... I see now. It wasn't very clear in the smaller images that the strokes were supposed to look like chalk.

rogerrogerroger

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogerrogerroger
bigfoot1107 wrote:[quote postid="3912205" user="rogerrogerroger"]ice cream maintains its delicious flavor by means of a complex cardiovascular system.

Sorry, I just don't grasp how a complex cardiovascular system maintains the flavor of ice cream. I see you've put the two together in an illustration, but the interaction between its cool and unctuous exterior and its entrails doesn't make sense. Is the ice cream input or output? As I consume the exterior do I shrink the interior?
Isn't it more likely that ice cream maintains its delicious flavor because of little buds of buttercream, picked by elvish folk and stuffed into a hopper that feeds a hydraulic cannon that spews that delicious coating onto a scoop-shaped armature?
I mean, that's what's behind my ice cream.

no no...i think you miss the point. its a DOUBLE scoop.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
akd85 wrote:Imagine that. No rule this week for no bunnies... so we get 18. sigh.

So what? How many of those 18 are in the fog or close to the fog? Why are people complaining so much about the no no bunny rule when there is only one that is even close to the fog? If you don't like them, don't look at them and don't vote for them. It's a very simple concept.

As for this shirt, I don't think it's on topic personally. This shows how the bunnies are made not how they work and therefore it should be rejected. But we know how that goes. The whole blue thing doesn't look very good, especially when the shirt is blue. Halftones and stressing were not needed also.

Rainseyes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rainseyes
bartenderqt wrote:Please do. I'm voting for it here, but I want it. it must be sold somewhere. I also thought it was clear as glass. Granted, I was once Columbia in a floor show that played every Saturday night back in the day!

will do thanks!!

ncheremnykh

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ncheremnykh
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

Really funny design, TYH - I would love to see someone purchase this shirt for their kid and send him off to school in it!

Birdsong

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514

In what I find to be an extremely weak derby this is pretty awesome. I dont't think the gray you used accurately depicts that actual shirt color (i'm sure that is a super annoying comment as it would bother me but i really don't think that is the shirt color)

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola
whovian42 wrote::D

deary me...watch some doctor who....
a great show really...which is why i kinda love this shirt- very funny...

its a Dalek, one of the recuring enimies of the doctor

Ah... thank you. I've never watched the modern Doctor Who. Only watched the old one when I was a kid but don't really remember much of it.

owlishness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages owlishness
Re: Got Honey?

Yeah, I figured you meant "hunny." I agree that the pattern in the background is a bit weird if you intended it to be honeycomb. Otherwise I think it's great! Maybe resub with the typo fixed and a background with actual honeycomb pattern?

ste7enl

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ste7enl
martirs wrote:Thank you Al Gore

Al Gore thanks you.

Sergio37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Sergio37
Re: What Makes the World Turn?

nice composition :D

GeorgiaPeachiePie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GeorgiaPeachiePie
aml135 wrote:My thoughts exactly. Unwearable unfortunately.

I thought it was a uterus too.

I love a good WOOT!

BSquared6

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BSquared6
madduck84 wrote:I still mix that up sometimes, but thats the only one i occasionally have trouble with.

not to be "that guy," but i do believe you mean "that's"

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

Haha, very clever. I hate Twilight. Nice shirt, but sorry, I'm just voting for "How are books made?".

aradicallynewnerd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aradicallynewnerd

So very metal - completely irresistible.

\m/

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
Re: Birdsong

Someway or another, this should definitely print!

theLordsarmy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theLordsarmy
paigeg wrote:Still not sure this is really on-topic as to how something works...

The moon works by being plugged into the sun.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
owlishness wrote:Is this a reference to the flying sheep Monty Python sketch or is that just a coincidence?

Just a coincidence.

CrispyTangelo

quality posts: 6 Private Messages CrispyTangelo
ncheremnykh wrote:I debated removing the microphone but in the end, I thought it made for a more complete concept. I really appreciate all the feedback - it was a lot of fun coming up with a design and forcing myself to use Illustrator.

lol. feedback.

owlishness

quality posts: 0 Private Messages owlishness
rogerrogerroger wrote:no no...i think you miss the point. its a DOUBLE scoop.

lol I like your style, but I wouldn't buy the shirt because I don't like the idea. For a strange idea, it was very well executed though.

shantyshawn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shantyshawn
Re: Chimerical Cook

Ha, ha...This is killer! GMV!

Re: Wine in a Box

zzyzxddyzx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages zzyzxddyzx
Re: How Are Rainbows Made.

This could also be how Lucky Charms are made, har.

Wildabeast41

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Wildabeast41
Re: Stephenie the Vampire Slayer

JEEZE, that's just funny as hell... You just woke up my roommate... THANKS.

McClam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages McClam

Not only is it brilliant but the color scheme is dynamic and beautiful in a haunting way. If this goes on sale I may buy two just so I can make sure I can wear it for a long time to come.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: how quantum physics works

Especially for double slit fans.

jacobmcnally

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jacobmcnally
Re: how quantum physics works

I'm uncertain about this one.

1stladyofkrypton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 1stladyofkrypton
Re: How Are Books Made?

I love this shirt. It HAS to print. O_o

And is it just me or does it remind anyone else of the tree in that old kids book 'Caps For Sale'?

splintergrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splintergrain
Re: The Speak and Spell

Love it, I was just talking about hus voice vs. See and Say this weekend, how I wish I was wearing this shirt!

splintergrain

quality posts: 0 Private Messages splintergrain
splintergrain wrote:Love it, I was just talking about hus voice vs. See and Say this weekend, how I wish I was wearing this shirt!

I meant "Speak and Spell"

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert

Stargaziey, paigeg, and eye4spot,

Thanks for the encouragement and nice comments.

I almost made a 3rd frequency tube, but I was concerned I wouldn't leave myself enough space for the text.

Thanks again!

maskedmallard537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedmallard537
Re: Epic Failure

All hail the geekness factor! That is one vindictive little dragon. Then again, if people kept rolling me around, I'd want revenge too. (Anyone notice most of my votes have been going to dragons?)

maskedmallard537

quality posts: 0 Private Messages maskedmallard537

I don't know if it's just my computer, but I've got no shirt image here. Only the thumbnail next to the huge empty space with the little red x.