nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod
Lagbert wrote:

B. Maybe even without the "hot", but either way, definitely B. I'm thinking I'd like to see something next to it -- a donut, an English muffin, something -- in the same text as art style.

I like celery.

nevetnod

SubBass49 wrote:

For some reason I'm loving this "Text as Art" theme...

Feedback/color suggestions/etc are always welcome & encouraged. In fact, I demand them....lol!!!

EDIT: This dollar sign is done with a bunch of slang words for money...
- Dollars
- Cash
- Bundle
- Funds
- Bill
- Bread
- Dinero
- Roll
- Tender
- Paper
- Green
- Dough
- Cheddar
- Bank
- Loot

Very nice. I like how the dollar sign looks like it's set in copperplate font, often used to convey the look of money.

I like celery.

nevetnod

truffleshuffle wrote:New sign? Better? I had the brief instinct to put "free cake" instead of "free candy" and then make the tag line be: "The monsters are very real but the cake is a lie.". However...I resisted, haha.

Also, I think I agree with Paigeg that the text on the bottom doesn't really add anything so I'm not gonna include "Phantasmagoria National Park" in the design. Thanks to everyone for the continuing suggestions and help!

Very cool. This may be the best use of forum feedback I've ever seen. I look forward to voting for this.

I like celery.

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond

lonelypond

quality posts: 421 Private Messages lonelypond
truffleshuffle wrote:New sign? Better? I had the brief instinct to put "free cake" instead of "free candy" and then make the tag line be: "The monsters are very real but the cake is a lie.". However...I resisted, haha.

Also, I think I agree with Paigeg that the text on the bottom doesn't really add anything so I'm not gonna include "Phantasmagoria National Park" in the design. Thanks to everyone for the continuing suggestions and help!

I like the old sign but still a fun design.

Mavyn

quality posts: 22 Private Messages Mavyn

Free cookies would please me more...but I love your little monsters either way.

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko

Just giving this a bump onto the next page since it was the last post. Feedback appreciated, thanks

jasneko wrote:Anyone else finding so many options overwhelming? Yipes!

So, here's something I did for 'Join the Revolution'... feedback and color choice appreciated. On Navy or Asphalt.

Mavyn

jasneko wrote:Just giving this a bump onto the next page since it was the last post. Feedback appreciated, thanks

I'd give the Brit tea with milk rather than kind of greenish.

But funny!

jasneko

Mavyn wrote:I'd give the Brit tea with milk rather than kind of greenish.

But funny!

Thanks Mavyn! Any preference in the navy or asphalt?

Actually that's supposed to be tea with milk... d'oh. For some reason I had trouble finding the right color (and it's what I usually drink - and am drinking right now!) Here's a closeup. What color does it need to be closer to?

Mavyn

jasneko wrote:Thanks Mavyn! Any preference in the navy or asphalt?

Actually that's supposed to be tea with milk... d'oh. For some reason I had trouble finding the right color (and it's what I usually drink - and am drinking right now!) Here's a closeup. What color does it need to be closer to?

hmm...still looks a tad greenish to me, but that could be my monitor.

I like the navy best. But...I really like navy shirts.

jasneko

Mavyn wrote:hmm...still looks a tad greenish to me, but that could be my monitor.

I like the navy best. But...I really like navy shirts.

Hmm could be, but I think I found a better shade - thanks!
And thanks on the navy.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 112 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

This Deja Vu theme is too awesome. There are so many derbies that I wanted to make shirts for.

Here's an idea that I wanted to do for the Visual Pun derby but couldn't do it at the time.

goobster013

quality posts: 0 Private Messages goobster013
Lagbert wrote:

I have to agree with nevetnod and lonelypond: B seems to strike a chord with me more so than the other two. For me, I think it's because you can clearly see that the C/handle is with the Coffee/mug part of the design, whereas my brain reads "Chot Coffee" in A and C. I hope my post makes sense...........

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49

OK folks...got another one...

I figure I could leave it as is for the "cooking" derby, or add a team name (thinking "Los Cerdos" or "The Baconators") and have it be for the "Fake Me Out To The Ballgame" derby.

Let me know what you think.

(Also, the shirt color is up for grabs right now...not set on any one color)

mrwednesday

quality posts: 12 Private Messages mrwednesday
jasneko wrote:Thanks Mavyn! Any preference in the navy or asphalt?

Navy absolutely looks the best.

It may draw from the single cup aesthetic but you could also add a tiny milk pitcher thingy next to the brits' tea.

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

here's a little color progress on design #2

SubBass49

And one more for feedback before I go to bed...

Derby theme: "Pets"

theWanker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages theWanker

Here's a silly one I came up with for the "retro" shirt design.

It still has a lot more work to go. However, my big problem is getting the lightning to work right in halftones. I've been trying to do it in photoshop for the last hour or two and I keep failing.

I put just the lightning and blue back ground to one layer in a new doc. I convert to bitmap. I select "halftone". I try a variety of different screens, and they all wind up looking really jagged and horrible.

Norsemin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Norsemin
odysseyroc wrote:Nope, no glow in the dark. Just a weird green.

Here's the updated version.

I must say, as a musician I love this design and really hope that it does well in the derby.

Trumpet: King of all instruments!

theinfinityloop

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theinfinityloop

I've been working on this. It still needs some work. It would be for the water derby.

GreatClips

quality posts: 3 Private Messages GreatClips

Here is what I have been working up for the visual puns theme, I call it "Bear's Waldo?" The work has around 50 reference puns in it, which I will list below. Also here is a link to the full composition. I will post details of the image later once I finish it up.

Full Composition: http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/styx0006/Picture1-1.png

Bear References: (from bottom to top)
Drew Beary (Carey)
Che GueBera (Guevera)
Beary Coleman (Gary)
Beariette Tubman (Harriette)
Teddy Roosevelt
Beary Mannilow
Beary Potter (Harry)
Bearman Mao (Chairman Mao Zedong)
Captain Jack Bearrow (Sparrow)
Avatar, the Last Bear Bender (air)
Alfonso Ribearo (Ribeiro)
Stephen Colbear (Colbert)
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Bear (air)
Bear Jordan (Michael "Air" Jordan)
Beary S Truman (Harry)
Bearrison Ford (Harrison)
Neil Patrick Bearris (Harris)
Tim Beary (Carey, as Ace Ventura)
Yogi Bearra
A Bearasaurolophus (Parasaurolophus, a dinosaur
Tim Bearton (Burton)
Daniel Bearaday (Faraday)
Bearry White
My Bear Lady (fair)
Will Bearel (Ferrel)
A Bear Devil (Dare)
Bearry Bradshaw (Terry)
Bearilyn monroe (marilyn)
Al Bearland (Borland,as played by Richard Karn)
Abearican Gothic (The painting American Gothic)
Michael Bera (Cera)
Beary Busey (Gary)
Bear Grylls
Little House on the Bearie (prairie)
Justin Biebear (Bieber)
Grizzly Adams
Bearald Ford (Gerald)
Justin Timbearlake (Timberlake)
A Bearonosaurus (T Rex)
A Beary (Fairy)

and finally, a Bearatrooper deploying his bearachute after jumping from Bear Force One!

Vote at Goodjoe

drewm115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewm115
SubBass49 wrote:OK folks...got another one...

I figure I could leave it as is for the "cooking" derby, or add a team name (thinking "Los Cerdos" or "The Baconators") and have it be for the "Fake Me Out To The Ballgame" derby.

I think a Navy Shirt could work really well for this, but I could be completely off base.. I'd at least like to see what it would look like.

That aside, I really like the concept, great work!

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg
theWanker wrote:Stretched it out. Seems to fill out a shirt better:

Wow, in this comp the colors look terrific. Nice!

paigeg

darel wrote:Would this fit under #141: Classic Comics Style? I'm really not too sure what constitutes copyrighted material, since that one printed a Superman/Wonderwoman design once the logos were taken off.

Any comments greatly appreciated!

I dunno. Ironman's likeness alone might be problematic at this point. My philosophy: Better to ask forgiveness than permission. Can't hurt, right? And LOVE WashingMachine. Reminds me of the Dr. Pepper commercial with Stan Lee.

paigeg

sasham62 wrote:It would also fit under Superheroes. (I think I remember that being on the derby list.)

------------------------------

SHOOT! Print-Ready version of my Deja-Vu for Spring is 81 megabytes, which even with the work-around for sending in extra-large Print-Ready files seems ... excessive.
A vastly-cropped sample:

The trouble maker is the bird seed, but I really like the bird seed.

The bird seed is awesome. Don't sweat it. If Woot can take it, go for it.

paigeg

Lagbert wrote:My girlfriend made the observation that having such a wide open topic plus a week to do it might result in a bunch of people just stalling out do to choice overload.

I'm just trying to crank out a lot of concepts and finish designs that I didn't have time to finish before.

Got two designs done

Bugs/Visual Puns - Computer Bugs - New
Slogans - Promises - New

...and two in the pipeline

New Vintage/Word - Fresh Hot Coffee - Originally, developed for New Vintage, now being upgraded to full word art.
Steam Punk/Chinese Zodiac - Tiger of Iron and Fire - Originally developed for Chinese Zodiac, but ran out of time (90%).

I remember that tiger design. Cool! Can't wait to see it.

paigeg

theWanker wrote:I should add that the above design was heavily (and pretty obviously) influenced by this great Zombie design from the Spring derby:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=41911
and the flying octopus:
http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42270

Wow, apparently youy follow the Einstein theory of sleep. Not necessary, huh?

paigeg

jasneko wrote:Anyone else finding so many options overwhelming? Yipes!

So, here's something I did for 'Join the Revolution'... feedback and color choice appreciated. On Navy or Asphalt.

Neat concept! I think the lines and the green really pop on the navy. But then, I am currently anti-asphalt, having purchased (to date)six of them! Still think navy works better, tho.

paigeg

nevetnod wrote:B. Maybe even without the "hot", but either way, definitely B. I'm thinking I'd like to see something next to it -- a donut, an English muffin, something -- in the same text as art style.

Yeah, B does fit the silhouette much better. And what a challenge - to write'donut' or 'doughnut' in a donut. That'd be cool. I'd keep 'hot', too. I like it.

paigeg

DianaSprinkle wrote:This Deja Vu theme is too awesome. There are so many derbies that I wanted to make shirts for.

Here's an idea that I wanted to do for the Visual Pun derby but couldn't do it at the time.

An eight ball in floaties...

paigeg

SubBass49 wrote:And one more for feedback before I go to bed...

Derby theme: "Pets"

Love the expression on the llama, though the head looks a bit small to me.
Gotta like a geeky kid with a meme for a pet...

paigeg

SubBass49 wrote:OK folks...got another one...

Nope, nope, nope - just the way it is. No 'name'. I think the pig head and cross-bacon are pretty self-explanatory. I could see this distressed, on a black T. Hell, I could see this as a biker logo! Lol

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

I love the sign! Funny, funny.

SubBass49

Wow...thanks for the feedback Paige & Drew...

Your wish is my command...I'll be working on distressing this on black when I get home from work (Paige) and here's the bacon shirt on Navy (Drew):

More feedback would be awesome...I'd like to stand a chance this week! lol

odysseyroc

SubBass49 wrote:Wow...thanks for the feedback Paige & Drew...

Your wish is my command...I'll be working on distressing this on black when I get home from work (Paige) and here's the bacon shirt on Navy (Drew):

More feedback would be awesome...I'd like to stand a chance this week! lol

I think it looks much better on navy. I'd like to see you do a little more with the coloring on the pig, how many colors are you using right now?

SubBass49

odysseyroc wrote:I think it looks much better on navy. I'd like to see you do a little more with the coloring on the pig, how many colors are you using right now?

Red, pink, Black, tan, White...pretty sure that's the count...any suggestions?

odysseyroc

SubBass49 wrote:Red, pink, Black, tan, White...pretty sure that's the count...any suggestions?

This is a real quick overpaint, just to show you where you might want to go with this.

Also, I'm livestreaming (coloring comics) starting right now if any of you are interested.

SubBass49

odysseyroc wrote:This is a real quick overpaint, just to show you where you might want to go with this.

Also, I'm livestreaming (coloring comics) starting right now if any of you are interested.

I see what you're saying. Kind of expanding the shadows further into the face, and then deepening the darkest areas of shadow...

Would you suggest I use a color like the green you dropped in, or should I stick to the darker red color that I used inside the nostrils? Also, I may have some trouble getting that all done very easily since I do everything by hand on paper or transparencies...I left my drawing @ home this morning. I suppose a couple of layered transparencies ought to do the trick though...

Oh, BTW...wish I could check out the livestream, but I'm at work right now and I think they have server blocks on that site. Bummer.

Thanks for the help though...you rock!

odysseyroc

SubBass49 wrote:I see what you're saying. Kind of expanding the shadows further into the face, and then deepening the darkest areas of shadow...

Would you suggest I use a color like the green you dropped in, or should I stick to the darker red color that I used inside the nostrils? Also, I may have some trouble getting that all done very easily since I do everything by hand on paper or transparencies...I left my drawing @ home this morning. I suppose a couple of layered transparencies ought to do the trick though...

Oh, BTW...wish I could check out the livestream, but I'm at work right now and I think they have server blocks on that site. Bummer.

Thanks for the help though...you rock!

The color I dropped in is to help round out the shadow areas a little bit. When you add all of that shadow area, it helps to make things more dramatic, but it can really flatten everything else too. The rule of thumb is that you take the compliment of the local color, grey it out and use it to add a little atmospheric lighting into the shadow areas. Of course that's just a jumping off point and you can play with the color a bit till you get something you like.

SubBass49

odysseyroc wrote:The color I dropped in is to help round out the shadow areas a little bit. When you add all of that shadow area, it helps to make things more dramatic, but it can really flatten everything else too. The rule of thumb is that you take the compliment of the local color, grey it out and use it to add a little atmospheric lighting into the shadow areas. Of course that's just a jumping off point and you can play with the color a bit till you get something you like.

Cool...maybe I'll play with that a bit when I get home. Thanks again for all the help!