jdkellar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jdkellar
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42525]

Great shirt, see if you can't replace the stripper so everyone can buy it and enjoy.

rawbery79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rawbery79
DianaSprinkle wrote:For derby #14 Nutrition. These are some very fresh fruit. =D Sassy! Eat fresh!

Re-subbed to fix the font a little so it wouldn't look so much like "P"s instead of "F"s. Nothing says Fresh Fruit like Presh Pruit. =/ Please vote again.

I have 4 other shirts in the running as well.

This is ridiculously cute, and as a huge strawberry fan, I'm for it!

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan
Re: Cryptozoology

This is awesome!!!!! congrats! and I hope print!

tioem

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tioem

Thanks for the votes everybody. This was my first derby, and I didn't expect these to be in the top 50, so that's pretty exciting.

I'll be back ;-)

kjotvi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjotvi
jpers36 wrote:Which derby is this for?

Blank, the new Pirates.
This is my first submission, so I'm still learning which text goes where...

kjotvi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kjotvi
kjotvi wrote:Blank, the new Pirates.
This is my first submission, so I'm still learning which text goes where...

It would also have worked (perhaps better) for visual puns

yebkamin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yebkamin
Re: Propaganda for Everyday Life: Rise Up

That is great! I need that shirt!

weirdpuckett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdpuckett

walmazan

quality posts: 62 Private Messages walmazan

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Slogans - Promises...

Not too sure I like what you did with the word "promise". The flag at the end looks weird..you should have just done the star and maybe had the flag be somewhere else.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
Re: Smoke Machine, Suckers! (Mystery)

You did a really great job overall on the characters; but, I don't like how Hurley is so short..

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
BootsBoots wrote:I'm kind of more flattered when people like my sense of humor than when they like my art. I know as an artist, that might seem weird, but it's true. I've always thought that being funny is just as creative as being an artist or musician, or writer. Stupid musicians. They think they're so great.

Thanks everyone!

Great humor can make mediocre art great, but great art wont make a dumb joke funny.

Im already a member of the apathy coalition, (Still waiting for my membership card, but then again, who cares?) I guess i'll have to move to Mediocrity now. GMV

Adrian S Jones

nurry

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nurry
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42481]Derby

Cute concept.

thejonpearson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thejonpearson
Re: Visual Puns: Revenge

I lol'ed! I want one.

numfour

quality posts: 0 Private Messages numfour
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42587]Derby

What Would Jesus Do? The real question is Why Wouldn't Jesus Dance?! Now that's a question I'd like the answer to.

sparticus112b

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparticus112b

How the hell do you vote. I was looking for a LOST t-shirt to get my roommate for his birthday and this is the best of them all by far. Seriously, if you can find a way to get this to some official LOST people this would be a huge hit.

guardian66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guardian66
mjc613 wrote:Guardian, Paige is not alone in not understanding what this design is portraying. That is why you have so few votes for this and the companion entry. I recommend that when you submit designs in the future, you put an explanation in the comments.

Another thing you can do is to participate in the forums. Each week, when the derby theme is announced, people discuss different ideas and their designs on the derby thread. You get ideas about placement, shirt color, and tips on how to improve your drawing. For instance, this design might have done better on a different shirt color, since many people won't wear cream.

Thanks for the input. I didn't think about participating in the forum. That's a good idea. On this shirt I was just poking a little fun at relationships with the first sight, first date, first kiss, marriage, fight, and divorce. I was thinking about the comedy, "I Married an Ax Murder” when I thought up the shirt. Then I thought about the country song, “Waiting On a Woman” for the second version. I don’t know if it’s too late to participate in the forum and how I would go about talking about my design thoughts. This shirt picture works on all the lighter colors, but shirt color choice is always a problem for me. Thanks again for the suggestions.

guardian66

quality posts: 0 Private Messages guardian66
Re: How Relationships Work: The Other Half

On the first design of this shirt I was just poking a little fun at relationships with the first sight, first date, first kiss, marriage, fight, and divorce. I was thinking about the comedy, "I Married an Ax Murderer” when I thought up the shirt. Then I thought about the country song, “Waiting On a Woman” for the second version. This shirt picture works on all the lighter colors, but shirt color choice is always a problem for me. Thanks for any suggestions.

albinoapple

quality posts: 2 Private Messages albinoapple
LeRenard wrote:What derby topic is this supposed to be?

This nostalgic reference humor has become so predictable it's not cool, it's not clever, it's just sad. Trot out the red hat and mustache, there's nothing original to add to this conversation.

Quoted for Truth

pooky36

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pooky36
Re: Patterns: Argyle Kite

I LOVE this design!! The colors are perfect and the design is absolutely gorgeous. GMV and I really hope it prints. Good luck!! :D

squarerootofpi

quality posts: 8 Private Messages squarerootofpi

This needs to be a shirt, NOW!

I love everything about it. If I could vote for it more than once, I would.

If this isn't up on shirt.woot soon, I will be very disappointed.

cabinboy100

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cabinboy100
albinoapple wrote:I don't believe I have ever seen a design that panders so much!

New to the area? No? Maybe you should get that prescription updated. =)

lozerette

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lozerette
Re: Text As Art: (Un)Dead Letters

I don't understand, what is it supposed to be?

joshlung

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joshlung

I dont have an a lot of woot shirts but 3 of the shirts i own and wear are yours bootsboots!! Your shirts are awesome. funny and great! this will be my 4th shirt of yours, and before you ask.. yes i can tell the future

Woots

• Perfect Pullup x3
  • Random Crap x2
  • Philips/DLO FM Transmitter and Charger for iPod or Zune

thelemons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thelemons
theWanker wrote:Not much more to it than the description. My two boys dressed up, and it busted me up so much I had to draw it.

I'm planning on maybe drawing in the background at some point a real dinosaur and a real spider. Because that's what they'd want.

My older boy also wants me to put Darth Vader in here somewhere. It's probably a really good idea.

I swear these are my boys even though they don't wear the costumes... they act like that.

gaswick19

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gaswick19
Re: Derby 132 (Heart): I Heart Math

I really want this shirt. Even though I really don't care for olive shirts, I want this design bad enough that I would wear it on olive.

NameyMcName

quality posts: 10 Private Messages NameyMcName
sparticus112b wrote:How the hell do you vote. I was looking for a LOST t-shirt to get my roommate for his birthday and this is the best of them all by far. Seriously, if you can find a way to get this to some official LOST people this would be a huge hit.

You can't vote right now because you've never bought a shirt.

Hopefully this shirt will get an EC.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
Re: Propaganda for Everyday Life: Rise Up

So close!! Cmon people keep your votes coming in!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

mrjag123

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mrjag123
BootsBoots wrote:Me either. The paw looks fine to me. I kind of have a problem with the lack of votes this design has, though. What gives? It's so well done.

thats what i was thinking as well...55 votes here (and 9x more votes for poorly drawn turtles?)

this and walzman's pinnochio satire need more votes!

EngineDriver

quality posts: 0 Private Messages EngineDriver
flamespear wrote:Er ...the blocks in the lower left hand corner have more than 4 of the same color in a row?

This is Tetris. Not Bejeweled.

numfour

Close Ups:

numfour

Oops, lets try that again

eharmon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eharmon
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42442]

please please please let this win!!!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42587]Derby

You orbviously missed the rule in the derby about avoiding religious controversy (not those words, but close enough).

Caesar534

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Caesar534
Re: School

I for one think this is a great shirt, the blackboard may be a bit small though, but I'll probably buy it all the same. For those of you complaining about the turtles/koopas if they looked too much like koopas it would have been copyright infringement, and if they looked too much like real turtles it wouldn't have been enough of a parody. And for the one of you that complained about how people keep buying the nostalgic video game shirts, people keep buying the same type of shirts because they're the same people, if you want different shirts go to a different site with different types of people.

Well done ramyb

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
cmdixon2 wrote:This is another example that shows that I no longer have any idea what wooters will vote/not vote for anymore. It's a mystery.

And if we did have an idea, we'd probably get bored as artists 'round here

2borX2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2borX2b
Re: Heart: My Heart Was Already Yours

Great colour scheme and sadly sweet — my teenage daughter would wear this in a heartbeat.

hustler03

quality posts: 3 Private Messages hustler03
alanjvandyke wrote:God creates dinosaurs. God destroys dinosaurs. God creates man. Man creates shirt. Shirt kicks ass.

Dinosaurs eat man. Women inherit the Earth. Booya.

Neener Neener

2borX2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2borX2b
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42518]Derby

Like it? I LOVE it, GMV!