smox3334

quality posts: 1 Private Messages smox3334
Re: Derby 132 (Heart): I Heart Math

I hopw you get this made somewhwere else, because im totally in love with it! (even though i was an english major)

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
Re: School

Some of the self righteous carp on these posts is unbelievable! This is not an art contest. This is a t shirt design contest. Most great artists dont design t shirts. Alot, if not most, great t shirt designers are not serious artists. Ill buy a t shirt drawn with stick figures if I like it. If there is a t shirt I like because the art is good, so be it. If I like it for other reasons, ill vote for it. But all the talk on this site about how people dont deserve to win because the art is not good, or its too clip arty, or some other irrelevent complaint is just dumb. This is not a forum for snobby artists to carp all over someone elses T shirt design. If your shirt wins here, it doesnt mean drek about your artistic skill. It means you designed a shirt people want to buy. If your shirt got edged out because people want to buy a pop culture referenced shirt, go get a tissue and have a good cry about it. Dont throw a tantrum and start carping all over someone elses idea beacause you mistakenly thought this was an art contest. Any one who has played mario cart gets the joke. If the inconsistancies of the exact mechanics of how fictitious characters use the shells of fictitious creatures, that look alot like turtles, bothers you enough to ruin the joke, dont buy it. Legal definition of parody from legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com:

"A form of speech protected by the First Amendment as a "distorted imitation" of an original work for the purpose of commenting on it"

Seems like this would be a perfect example of parody to me.

Adrian S Jones

gbpearson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gbpearson
re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/derby/entry.aspx?id=42346]derby

In New Orleans--I need this! It looks like the Gulf Oil Spill!

elessia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elessia
vladistov wrote:http://www.zazzle.com/i_love_math_t_shirt-235405695464809638

that one isn't nearly as good as this one!

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
akrier wrote:I cannot believe this is dropping, I mean look at that crap in the fog! You don't understand, I NEED this shirt! I'm praying for a miracle or an Editor's Choice later...please?

I'm praying the woot gods let this one off the hook to print elsewhere. People this foolish to let this NOT print with the miserable fog we have don't deserve it. If woot isn't willing to step in when the voters get it wrong this badly, they don't deserve it.

If so, congrats on your third threadless print.

banzaaiii

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banzaaiii
FatJ wrote:Some of the self righteous carp on these posts is unbelievable! This is not an art contest. This is a t shirt design contest. Most great artists dont design t shirts. Alot, if not most, great t shirt designers are not serious artists. Ill buy a t shirt drawn with stick figures if I like it. If there is a t shirt I like because the art is good, so be it. If I like it for other reasons, ill vote for it. But all the talk on this site about how people dont deserve to win because the art is not good, or its too clip arty, or some other irrelevent complaint is just dumb. This is not a forum for snobby artists to carp all over someone elses T shirt design. If your shirt wins here, it doesnt mean drek about your artistic skill. It means you designed a shirt people want to buy. If your shirt got edged out because people want to buy a pop culture referenced shirt, go get a tissue and have a good cry about it. Dont throw a tantrum and start carping all over someone elses idea beacause you mistakenly thought this was an art contest. Any one who has played mario cart gets the joke. If the inconsistancies of the exact mechanics of how fictitious characters use the shells of fictitious creatures, that look alot like turtles, bothers you enough to ruin the joke, dont buy it. Legal definition of parody from legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com:

"A form of speech protected by the First Amendment as a "distorted imitation" of an original work for the purpose of commenting on it"

Seems like this would be a perfect example of parody to me.

exactly, but theres hardly any point in saying it. the same old people that hate on ramy, whether he does mongoose or artsy swirly swirls, dont care that there is a majority decision, or that ramy/seki shirts outsell almost all other shirts on this site. theyll find something to whine about no matter what, or blame it on cheating

aafrophone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aafrophone

i'd get this shirt!

mbernal1

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbernal1

Omelets made great, print this shirt already! Everyday I log on hoping it will be for sale....I'll keep waiting..by the way, kelly green and black is a great combo!!!

gmarp84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gmarp84
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42469]

For a solid 30 seconds, I was trying to figure out why I would be drinking rum while downloading movies.

jptrek

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jptrek

Ditto on the ready-to-buy. If you get this printed, I would buy one in a heartbeat. It's amazing, just too narrow an audience.

lucky1988

quality posts: 20 Private Messages lucky1988
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42442]

Thanks for the support everyone, although I'm not too sure about this being printed anywhere.

Cheers thatrobert and PaulKremer!

pugguy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pugguy

This would be much better without so many words

drewm115

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drewm115
Re: Madness: Terrible Sanity

Totally bummed out not to see this is the running this week. Congratulations on a stellar design, and here's to hoping something spectacular next week!

Tadashi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tadashi

I don't get it...

Tadashi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Tadashi
paigeg wrote:Beautiful. And likely totally unreadable on a shirt. As a design concept tho, it kicks a$$. Just as long as you don't actually expect anyone to be able to read it. I don't know how that font would print, and the blue on black is really problematic.

I say trying it on a Charcoal or Asphalt background. There would be a sufficient distinction from the white, and it would also be easier to read.

Either way, I love the concept and it looks great.

AllForAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AllForAll
AdderXYU wrote:SNIP because I don't think anyone should have to read this drivel

Put up or shut up Adder. That is all.

joseangelmadrid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joseangelmadrid

icyshark

quality posts: 0 Private Messages icyshark
paigeg wrote:Actually, you HAVE to use the template or that alone is grounds for rejection. The printable shirt area is 20" vertical by 16" horizontal, centered on the shirt. Your design doesn't have to be centered, but has to be within that area. Go here and read the rules and download the tempalte.

Thank You for your help....will keep in mind for future...

memnoch565

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memnoch565

Damn, I love this shirt. I really wish that I could actually buy it.

http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42491

palookaboy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages palookaboy
FatJ wrote:Snip

Why do you think anybody comes to the derby and vote on shirts? Because they want to see what they think is the best shirt win. So it gets irritating when it doesn't matter what the best or most creative shirt ACTUALLY is, it only matters which design of cute animals Ramy decides to trot out that week. It's like voting Republican in Illinois (or Democrat in Texas) during a presidential election: It doesn't matter, because the reameric masses are voting for the easily digestible crap without any substance. The real problem with this shirt is not whether they look like koopas or turtles or if they're the right color. Though the poster who brought up the fact that the concept itself makes no sense if you have ANY F'ING CONCEPT OF THE GAME OF MARIO KART. People see the basic elements: turtle-like creatures of three different colors, drawings on the board showing kart destruction. "Oh! I get it! It's just like MarioKart! I love that game! Oh, and cute turtles to boot! This shirt is awesome! There's no need to think any further about it! GMV! OOH, NAVY SEALS!!!" While anyone who does decide to offer legitimate criticisms to it are disregarded as being overly negative and we should just get over it because Ramy will win and there's nothing we can do about it. Well what do you think the purpose of the forums are? To offer compliments AND criticisms. So I turn it back on the rest of you: STOP BITCHING THAT PEOPLE DISLIKE RAMY'S DESIGNS AND WANT TO SAY WHY.

flashflyby

quality posts: 0 Private Messages flashflyby

Ha ha, F'n love it!

MistakenSanity

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MistakenSanity
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42525]

I really like this shirt....Wish it didn't get rejected...

remyjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remyjd

I just looked at the star wars parody shirts linked above. Those shirts are on the most part boring and fakon. This is by far superior to those on that sight.

Super Cool job! Best Star Wars shirt ive seen in a long time!

remyjd

quality posts: 0 Private Messages remyjd
remyjd wrote:I just looked at the star wars parody shirts linked above. Those shirts are on the most part boring and fakon. This is by far superior to those on that sight.

Super Cool job! Best Star Wars shirt ive seen in a long time!

fakon=fakon dont know what the heck happend there.

ok obviously thats word that doesnt come through...

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

Re: Madness 139: Maybe this time

Nice! Keep it up! 242 votes the first time out is really good.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
palookaboy wrote:Why do you think anybody comes to the derby and vote on shirts? Because they want to see what they think is the best shirt win. So it gets irritating when it doesn't matter what the best or most creative shirt ACTUALLY is, it only matters which design of cute animals Ramy decides to trot out that week. It's like voting Republican in Illinois (or Democrat in Texas) during a presidential election: It doesn't matter, because the reameric masses are voting for the easily digestible crap without any substance. The real problem with this shirt is not whether they look like koopas or turtles or if they're the right color. Though the poster who brought up the fact that the concept itself makes no sense if you have ANY F'ING CONCEPT OF THE GAME OF MARIO KART. People see the basic elements: turtle-like creatures of three different colors, drawings on the board showing kart destruction. "Oh! I get it! It's just like MarioKart! I love that game! Oh, and cute turtles to boot! This shirt is awesome! There's no need to think any further about it! GMV! OOH, NAVY SEALS!!!" While anyone who does decide to offer legitimate criticisms to it are disregarded as being overly negative and we should just get over it because Ramy will win and there's nothing we can do about it. Well what do you think the purpose of the forums are? To offer compliments AND criticisms. So I turn it back on the rest of you: STOP BITCHING THAT PEOPLE DISLIKE RAMY'S DESIGNS AND WANT TO SAY WHY.

The sad truth is that nothing you said is easily digestible or familiar. People are coddled into thinking majorities are right (even when they're not actually majorities) and that all opinions have equal heft... education having zero to do with it.

So as right as you are, and as clearly as you outline it, it's not ignorant or popular, so people can't decipher it. I've heard plenty of people tell me I can't change minds with a nasty attitude, but the truer thing is, no one can change minds when the head is only full of bone. So long as people think tshirts mean nothing (and again, if someone thinks it's only a tshirt, they shouldn't bother voting, because who wins shouldn't matter to them), people won't care about their personal vote ethics. Ethics mean nothing... it's all about money, and we should support money making, not art.

wizmurder

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizmurder
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42477]Derby

Hello, pretty new to this site. Can I buy this shirt, and if so, how?

draculya

quality posts: 0 Private Messages draculya
Re: Patterns: Argyle Kite

HAVE TO HAVE IT. HAVE TO HAVE IT.

bren3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bren3
ramyb wrote:I had the idea to do a shirt like this for a while and have drawn these little guys several times for fun, and I thought this derby would be a fun way to show them off. I had so many ideas this week that I wanted to do, but ultimately only found the time to do this one unfortunately, but I hope you like how it turned out anyway

is there anyway to still purchase the shirt?

bren3

mintarr

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mintarr

I would totally buy this shirt. Even if it doesn't win, you should look into getting some printed up and selling them yourself.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42518]Derby

this should have won!!! i hope this gets printed somewhere!!!

davidhollis

quality posts: 0 Private Messages davidhollis
mintarr wrote:I would totally buy this shirt. Even if it doesn't win, you should look into getting some printed up and selling them yourself.

I'd like to echo this. If this goes up for sale anywhere, I'll be first in line to get one.

Laureenmt

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Laureenmt
Re: Propaganda for Everyday Life: Rise Up

Didn't want to buy another woot shirt yet, but if this one prints, I may have to!

Vertebreaker2k

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Vertebreaker2k

I'm so utterly disappointed that Rise Up didn't take at least 3rd Place.

For shame, Woot community.

2borX2b

quality posts: 1 Private Messages 2borX2b

I'm feeling like the 3rd goldfish now ...

Deleter8

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Deleter8

[deleted]

Shenorock

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Shenorock
Re: School

More complete crap. I don't know why I bother checking on woot, hoping something has changed. Mario Kart in the style of Da Vinci was how you do this shirt. Not crappy cute turtles.

xpyrosquirrelx

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xpyrosquirrelx
FatJ wrote:Heartbreaking.

Indeed! Please let us know if you decide to sell this shirt elsewhere, after the however-many days are up. I would buy it!

leanne30

quality posts: 3 Private Messages leanne30
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42324]Derby

Bummer! I wanted the goldfish shirt... Would have bought at least three. Maybe more for gifts.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=42382]

Huzzah, my first BLA! Thanks, thatrobert!