raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee

Like these cute red and green shelled turtles, I too have been schooled by the spiky blue shell.

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

takelondon

quality posts: 1 Private Messages takelondon

Of course, the one time that the shirt.woot mods refrain from the "no video game references" rule, ramyb puts up something like this to win first place.

Congratulations ramyb, you have done a great job being the sheepdog of shirt.woot and making a killing taking money away from the mindless drones that occupy this website now. The whole above thread shows that there is no actual communication happening or any discussion of art. The dissenting opinions posted in the last 20 minutes or so have been erased, hopefully someone saw them and reconsiders their place on this website, and the mods' attitudes to their own consumers.

As for me, I'm spending my money elsewhere. I haven't purchased a shirt from shirt.woot in almost a year now because there's been little artistic expression and mostly memes and references to popular culture. If that's what shirt.woot is, my mistake in expecting art.

foreverzero

quality posts: 0 Private Messages foreverzero
takelondon wrote:Of course, the one time that the shirt.woot mods refrain from the "no video game references" rule, ramyb puts up something like this to win first place.

Congratulations ramyb, you have done a great job being the sheepdog of shirt.woot and making a killing taking money away from the mindless drones that occupy this website now. The whole above thread shows that there is no actual communication happening or any discussion of art. The dissenting opinions posted in the last 20 minutes or so have been erased, hopefully someone saw them and reconsiders their place on this website, and the mods' attitudes to their own consumers.

As for me, I'm spending my money elsewhere. I haven't purchased a shirt from shirt.woot in almost a year now because there's been little artistic expression and mostly memes and references to popular culture. If that's what shirt.woot is, my mistake in expecting art.

I agree with this. I was honestly surprised to see it in the top 9. Seems like something one would see at Hot Topic

wootfast

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wootfast

Staff

Blue Shell: "Now now class, settle. Settle please. Let us begin, we won't wait for the others because they have received their own shirts. Lighting Bolt is guest starring as the first place shirt in the derby. We all know what happens to first placers don't we? Stop that giggling! Ok now. I have a note here from banana peel's mother with terrible news. I dare say we might not be seeing her again. And speaking of daring, I don't think we'll be visiting Rainbow Road on our field trip this afternoon. Apparently, after skipping her AA meeting she dropped her guard. Oh! Listen to me, now I'm just turtle-waxing poetic...

giostickninja

quality posts: 2 Private Messages giostickninja
takelondon wrote:

I always thought shirt.woot was about printing shirt designs that people wanted to buy. Most people are not artists, and do not understand art....but they know what they like.

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett

In for one! Would buy one for my friend, but I need to save for more woot shirts :P

kawaiikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawaiikes
foreverzero wrote:I agree with this. I was honestly surprised to see it in the top 9. Seems like something one would see at Hot Topic

I own a shirt or two from the clearance bin at Hot Topic (don't want to pay $20+ for a flimsy, poorly-made shirt) and I wouldn't even compare them.

five3zero

quality posts: 4 Private Messages five3zero

i <3 turltles.

sunsetrose

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sunsetrose

Can I get my high five for not wearing my shirt by Salman?

lovelybones

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lovelybones

Of course a shirt about being schooled by the Blue Shell destroyed 1st place in the Derby....

JRWorkshop

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JRWorkshop

A white blank t-shirt in front of this Looks like a nice design.
Mediocrity wins once again and I save $10!!

tonymontana444

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tonymontana444

as a small purple square i must admit i have spent some money on this site, but like previously stated by other users... i havent bought a shirt off here in quite some time...pandering to this sort of style, just shows the need or general movement that this site (which as a native texan i used to love) is gearing towards, and obviously the money talks. i know this is a business so, i cant complain about the things going on. its always about the bottom line of course.

kawaiikes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kawaiikes
tonymontana444 wrote:as a small purple square i must admit i have spent some money on this site, but like previously stated by other users... i havent bought a shirt off here in quite some time...pandering to this sort of style, just shows the need or general movement that this site (which as a native texan i used to love) is gearing towards, and obviously the money talks. i know this is a business so, i cant complain about the things going on. its always about the bottom line of course.

I just wish a cuteshirt.woot spinoff had been created (more money would be made having two websites grinding out shirts, all parties involved would be satisfied, etc.)

Then I might not have the sinking feeling that many of the seemingly repetitive, ch*bi-styled shirts were bought in kids' sizes.

Platypus222

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Platypus222

Nice. Finally have something to spend my April Fool's Day free shirt coupon... And I doubt it'll be up for more than a few hours. In for one.

Phurion

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Phurion

Awesome shirt. Love it. Wooted. Excited.

:D

sgoast

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sgoast

No. No. You do not try to make that blue shelled jerk a wise, warm-hearted, helpful genius trying to help it's kin. I can accept most things, but I refuse to acknowledge that cretin as anything more than a bitter shell of it's former koopa shelf with no thoughts in it's head other than the taste of violently ripping sweet victory from my grasp.

Not today, blue. Not today. >=(

ramyb

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ramyb

Wow- I just came on to check now and was not only surprised to see this up for sale, but already more than halfway to sellout :O

Thanks so much everyone who voted and enjoyed the shirt, I am glad people were able to get a kick out of it!

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

These shirts leave me conflicted. On the one hand, I completely understand the anti-art sentiment against Ramy's designs. As far as turning shirt-making into an art, Walmazan, CMDixon, CapedCrusader and more are being beaten by cartoony video game references that one can find in some form at a variety of stores around the country. That's somewhat frustrating, especially for those that hope this place becomes a community for artists.

On the other hand, these shirts are obscenely wearable, reference things that I do legitimately like, and get the kind of attention that is fun to receive from a shirt. One of my first shirts I got was the Angel/Devil shoulder bunny shirt that came in the mail on random shirt day. It's cute, it doesn't look bad when worn, and when wearing it I get a LOT of attention. The last time I wore it I got 3 people complimenting me on the street and one woman in the bar practically jumped me because she was wowed by the bunny cuteness. That's fun.

It's not that cut and dry. I can see legitimate reason not to vote for pieces like this, especially if you hope Shirt.Woot becomes more of an artist friendly community, but when something like this wins, it's hard to get that upset, and sometimes I'm even willing to buy one, even if it encourages the cycle.

tl;dr

noss88

quality posts: 0 Private Messages noss88

I just ordered one for myself and just thought about ordering one for my brother, I tried to order it and it says "this account has already made this order" or something like that, I can't order another one?

CapSea

Also interesting. You would think the blue shell would have knocked this out of first place.

evilashe

quality posts: 1 Private Messages evilashe

Blagh. The blue shell makes Mario Kart a pointless contest. If only they simply updated its simplistic skill-based gameplay with newer graphics and media, etc, instead of feeling the need to "equalize" the players' skills with unavoidable super-items.

While an amusing design for a silly one-page comic, it's kind of a busy, asymetrical design for a tee.

johnnykosher

quality posts: 0 Private Messages johnnykosher

I wonder if the blue turtle will give them ladies' bangles until they hit a kart

snarkygal

quality posts: 4 Private Messages snarkygal
AGrant311 wrote:Quality post, and if it was Facebook, Like button.

I agree!

Visionary67

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Visionary67
brendan948725 wrote:My hunch is that the red shell turtle is the "A" student here. The green shell turtle just seems a little aimless...

My girlfriend wants to know why she had to run in here wondering why I was howling and banging the table. I'll send her your way.

Mayday408

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Mayday408

My love for Mario Kart forced me to buy this.

jubie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jubie

SO glad this shirt won :D loveeeee it!

bought 2

Radien

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Radien

I know so many adult Mario fans that it hadn't even occurred to me that this would make a great kid's shirt. Originally I was going to say that this one just isn't subtle ENOUGH, while woot shirts are often TOO subtle.

But really, it's just best for younger Mario fans. I'm starting to wish shirt.woot would separate into a kid's shirt store and a... well... non-kid's shirt store. (I reserve my right to be selectively childish)

jjhatch

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jjhatch

Love it! I would have voted for this design had I known it was about Mario Kart (the thumbnail only showed the red and green turtles and it didn't interest me).

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

well if that don't blow all to He_ _!! I knew I shouldda just not looked. now I'm in a bad mood again. thanks woot, thanks for all the video game shirts that make me want to puke. It doesn't take any skill at all to pander to .... awwwww nevermind. jeeeze.

JohnHype

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JohnHype

Oh wow, another Mario T-Shirt. Thanks guys.

I don't mind video game shirts, but it's been the SAME couple of video games over and over and over again.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
takelondon wrote:Of course, the one time that the shirt.woot mods refrain from the "no video game references" rule, ramyb puts up something like this to win first place.

Bye-bye. Considering your lack of past purchasing activity, woot will survive without you. I suggest a trip to the museum for your art.

AllForAll

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AllForAll
takelondon wrote:Snip because it's drivel

Sounds like a certain person who trolls this site - who shall remain nameless - whining, as usual. About as much of a communist too.

Go to another site comrade. We won't miss you.

dwayneam

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwayneam

Did anyone get the Salman Rushdie reference?

SeacadetkidCL144

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SeacadetkidCL144

i didnt get that reference either. could someone please explain it to me?

CapSea

SeacadetkidCL144 wrote:i didnt get that reference either. could someone please explain it to me?

Mario Kart.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 206 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I am shocked, SHOCKED to see this win. ;)

Well done, ramy.

Smoothesuede

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Smoothesuede

Oh man. So many of you are anti-blue-shell, it saddens me. The Blue Shell need not be a frightening obstacle, people.
I never really saw the point of it, because if you're far enough in 1st place, you won't be overtaken just because you stalled for 4 seconds.
And if you don't have a big lead, once you hear the shell coming you can just slam on the brakes and let 2nd, 3rd, and maybe 4th share in the shell's explosion. Of course, being the savvy Kart-er you are, you'll go ahead and lead the pack once they all get going again.

That's not even getting into the fact that it's dodgeable nowadays.

Also: No more mongoose shirts, no more game shirts, plz.
Not in for one.

PokeyMon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PokeyMon

First wOOt. First post. Slow as a turtle!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
AGrant311 wrote:Quality post, and if it was Facebook, Like button.

snarkygal wrote:I agree!

You both are too kind. ^_^

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

PokeyMon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PokeyMon

okay. Saw this was my second wOOt. Got the sudu box WITH the 1tb drive WITH the wireless kit and free shipping for 99 large. Downloading a 1080i movie right now to try it out. Shipped to my door in two days. wOOt!