bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
kimvy wrote:Looking forward to buying yours tomorrow.

Aww thank you. I will be extremely surprised if the mouse makes it! But if not it's ok, it was really fun to make. :D

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito
squall14716 wrote:It has to do with Derby 109: School.

Or, since I can't see it in the School derby lineup, that must have been a joke that went over my head. I ran and caught up with it, though.

kenaf

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kenaf

Darn, I $10 like this, but I don't $15 like this. Oh well.

I still love my original blue turtle shell shirt I got a long time ago.

pbandito

"Pick your favorite Derby theme from the past and come up with your best new design!"

Ok so I learned how to read. I'm just gonna stop commenting on Fridays.

xerexerex

quality posts: 0 Private Messages xerexerex

I want one but I was too late =(

bassanimation

takelondon wrote:there is no actual communication happening or any discussion of art.

http://conceptart.org/

olli84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages olli84

Hey! I need one too. How can it be that only 3000 of this shirts are produced?

amantone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages amantone

Few people actually know this but blue shell turtle is actually the grandson of "Mr. Turtle" of the tootsie roll pop that refers the young lad to Mr. Owl. Now you know.

bassanimation

AdderXYU wrote:

Likewise . Let's go together! I love CA, they are awesome. Truly the best out there.

sushi1337

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sushi1337

ok, I'll go ahead and be the first to ask...can someone quickly explain the don't wear this shirt reference. I wikipedia-ed the guy and I got nothing.

sirdavidsanders

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sirdavidsanders

Seeing how this sold out before 8... may I say shirt of the year?

I cannot wait to wear this one. It is sure to get laughs from all people, except those without souls.

I mean it, if you have not played Mario Kart, you have no SOUL!!

bassanimation

sirdavidsanders wrote:Seeing how this sold out before 8... may I say shirt of the year?

I cannot wait to wear this one. It is sure to get laughs from all people, except those without souls.

I mean it, if you have not played Mario Kart, you have no SOUL!!

Hahaha, there's nothing like seeing a lunchroom full of grown adults, clinching their DS's, screaming at eachother and leaning to the left and right. Ahhh lunchtime gaming is awesome.

Drizzt5

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Drizzt5

At first I was like

"damn it sold out!!!! I want!!"

then i was like

"I only want it cause it sold out"

now I'm like

"I wanna play mario kart"

now I'm like

playing mario kart

gr3ygoos3

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gr3ygoos3

I WANTED THIS SHIRT!! PLEASE BE ON THE REKONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have 2 favorite baseball teams. the Red Sox and ANYONE who beats the Yankees!!!!!!!

dreydin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dreydin
Drizzt5 wrote:At first I was like

"damn it sold out!!!! I want!!"

then i was like

"I only want it cause it sold out"

now I'm like

"I wanna play mario kart"

now I'm like

playing mario kart

ROFL! i want one! how do i get it? =O

EggyToast

quality posts: 1 Private Messages EggyToast
gr3ygoos3 wrote:I WANTED THIS SHIRT!! PLEASE BE ON THE REKONING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just buy it tomorrow, calm down.

nathanbarrett

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nathanbarrett
sushi1337 wrote:ok, I'll go ahead and be the first to ask...can someone quickly explain the don't wear this shirt reference. I wikipedia-ed the guy and I got nothing.

Salman Rushdie is a serious writer who, in an interview with David Cronenberg, said that video games are not art.

http://www.davidcronenberg.de/cr_rushd.htm
search for "super mario"

arcade-art

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arcade-art

congrats on the sell out,
this is my favorite Ramyb design!

............ Video Game Art and Custom Sprites ............

Atsu

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Atsu

Another shirt with a video game reference...yay?

ThugNatty

quality posts: 1 Private Messages ThugNatty
Draug wrote:*curses vehemently*

I stayed up for this...

Is it just me, or does the write-up lack its usual luster? Seems kinda...droning.

I get the feeling that the shirt.woot staff is as disappointed by the voting trends as I am. I would have been far too bitter to write anything at all, so considering that I think they did a pretty generous job.

ifette

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ifette

I so want this shirt. Sadly, it's not even 10:30am on the west coast and it's already sold out. Lesson learned - look at shirt.woot before I go to sleep.

Compassing

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Compassing

What does this have to do with having Deja Vu?

pbandito

Compassing wrote:What does this have to do with having Deja Vu?

*feels better that he wasn't the only clueless one*

It doesn't, the Deja Vu derby means they could choose any previous derby theme to do a shirt on, I realized after looking around.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
genericwit wrote:I second this. As a female college-age consumer who probably spends a greater chunk of change and time buying and picking out clothes than the men that frequent this site do, I can tell you that I spend very little time considering artistic merit when picking out clothing. I pick out clothing which is A) fashionable and B) that I like.

Clothing doesn't have to be art. You just have to like it enough to wear it. If you like it because it's art, go for it. If you don't like it because it's not "artistic," then you CAN take it elsewhere. I'm sure Woot isn't going to be collectively bawling their eyes out.

As for me, I'm in for one. LOVE the Mario reference. Love it enough that I bought it. Love it enough to where I'll wear it on a regular basis.

I don't think anyone really disagrees with you. For example, I don't happen to find this shirt to be wearable. I understand that many others disagree. I also take issue with things Ramyb does on this site beyond designing shirts I don't care for, but that's for another time and place.

I don't think anyone who likes "artsy" shirts wastes time pondering their artistic merit, for that matter. They just find those types of shirts to be wearable. The whole argument that people only bash shirts like this because they're not "artistic" is a strawman, albeit one that woot (evidenced by their Q-Ping this post) buys into hook, line, and sinker.

pbandito

arcade-art wrote:congrats on the sell out

Ah, I think this quote works well for both the fans and the haters. Good stuff.

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 129 Private Messages DianaSprinkle

Sold out at 8? I'm glad I bought mine last night. I really love the look of the two front turtles and the glasses on the teacher are fun.

Come back tomorrow people the turtles will be back for purchase at 15.00 here: http://shirt.woot.com/Friends.aspx?k=14204

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

sold out that fast huh well i guess that what i get for having a life and checking woot too late

bfr004

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bfr004
giostickninja wrote:I always thought shirt.woot was about printing shirt designs that people wanted to buy. Most people are not artists, and do not understand art....but they know what they like.

Yes. Sometimes it's a bitter pill that the majority of voters prefer shirts that I wouldn't even want for free, but I wouldn't presume to think I have the right to discount those preferences. This shirt won, printed and sold out. Hopefully I'll like tomorrow's pick better. Woot! is a business, after all, not a non-profit aesthetic shirt kibbutz.

banjintsuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages banjintsuki

Almost bought this one for my son... but I'm not crazy about the swearing symbols.

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge

Hello Kitty? Why is there a hello kitty?

On the topic of the shirt, I haven't played mario since I moved out of the apartment I shared with my roommates. I was the worst at the game, so I love blue shells

azynfob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages azynfob

a great song that goes with this great shirt:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDBpQVhCMb8

bassanimation

sacrerouge wrote:Hello Kitty? Why is there a hello kitty?

Just trying to replace some meanness with something happy . Sorry bout that.

the88thcrazy

quality posts: 10 Private Messages the88thcrazy

wow, i bought one of these before class, like 20 minutes before it sold out. i didn't think it'd sell so fast.

Atleast now i have two shirts with the same exact turtle on them...if i remember correctly, i bought it as the derby winning seller too. http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=37662

sacrerouge

quality posts: 18 Private Messages sacrerouge
bassanimation wrote:Just trying to replace some meanness with something happy . Sorry bout that.

Don't be sorry, it's super cute I was just highly confused

genericwit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages genericwit
SimonWaltr2 wrote:Woot most certainly favors one time zone over others. Given that releases happen around 1am EST, most of us are winding down, or have been down for the evening. Ultimately the timing really focuses sales on the west coast.

I can almost guarantee if woot sold tees starting at 7AM EST, the vast majority of sales would be on the east coast.

It changes at midnight CST. Why? Because they're located about half an hour away from me here in North Texas. Go figure that they'd be in the same time zone as... well... their headquarters.

genericwit

quality posts: 2 Private Messages genericwit
jmmbell1987 wrote:I don't think anyone really disagrees with you. For example, I don't happen to find this shirt to be wearable. I understand that many others disagree. I also take issue with things Ramyb does on this site beyond designing shirts I don't care for, but that's for another time and place.

I don't think anyone who likes "artsy" shirts wastes time pondering their artistic merit, for that matter. They just find those types of shirts to be wearable. The whole argument that people only bash shirts like this because they're not "artistic" is a strawman, albeit one that woot (evidenced by their Q-Ping this post) buys into hook, line, and sinker.

The post that I quoted actually had another post quoted. The original one I'm referencing to is the guy QQing about shirts NOT being artistic and saying he was going to take his business elsewhere. I was directly replying to his complaint.

It's why I felt the need to say that people wear shirts because they like them, not because of artistic merit. I'm glad you agree with me.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I notice goldenthorn has been conspicuously absent with the giant flashy continuing sales graphic normally present on sell-outs.

Thank you, goldenthorn.

StevieQ

quality posts: 4 Private Messages StevieQ

Why are amorphous green blobs learning about the physics of turtle shells in Mario Kart? I don't understand this shirt.

McGuffy

quality posts: 7 Private Messages McGuffy

Why does every winning shirt feature an anthropomorphized creature of some sort? And of those, 98% reference a video game. Are shirt.wooters that narrowly focused?

"There are 2 types of people in the world: Those can extrapolate from incomplete data."

omninull

quality posts: 0 Private Messages omninull

Oh look, ramyb 'sells out' again.