trumpy33

quality posts: 14 Private Messages trumpy33

I want ever so badly to wear a shirt with the phrase "Oh Noes!" written on it. But it's sold out...

Azurett

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Azurett
genericwit wrote:I second this. As a female college-age consumer who probably spends a greater chunk of change and time buying and picking out clothes than the men that frequent this site do, I can tell you that I spend very little time considering artistic merit when picking out clothing. I pick out clothing which is A) fashionable and B) that I like.

Clothing doesn't have to be art. You just have to like it enough to wear it. If you like it because it's art, go for it. If you don't like it because it's not "artistic," then you CAN take it elsewhere. I'm sure Woot isn't going to be collectively bawling their eyes out.

As for me, I'm in for one. LOVE the Mario reference. Love it enough that I bought it. Love it enough to where I'll wear it on a regular basis.

I agree...and obviously people like this shirt, that's why people on woot voted for it. Shirts that sell on woot are based on what people want. That's the whole point of shirt.woot. All the designs are art. Just because they're memes doesn't make them not artistic. If you don't like it, don't vote for it and don't buy it...People who are complaining should be more active in the derbies..vote for designs that you think are "artistic" and get more of your "artistic" friends to join and vote so maybe the design you like will win or even get an honorable mention. If you don't like how shirt.woot works, then leave. People who enjoy the shirts being sold here don't need to hear people who think they understand art whine and complain...so stop wasting your time and energy. Thanks.

SubBass49

quality posts: 3 Private Messages SubBass49

Artistic people - I think what's being said is that we should mob some art sites like Deviant Art and others, spam for Woot on the pages of people whose art we like, and beg them to join the site/vote in the derbies. It's pretty much the only way we're going to change the voting patterns on shirt.woot in any meaningful way. Either that, or we have to set up like a million alternate accounts, but a shirt with each, and start voting...and that ain't happening.

Gotta say though, as an artist that designs shirts I'd actually want to wear, it's getting kind of frustrating and annoying entering the derbies. I could go Ramy-style and just do ch*bi stuff that I wouldn't even touch to check the price tag, but I actually like Woot's shirt quality, so I design for myself. Of course, doing that never gets me anywhere. Argh. Woot, you frustrate me.

theCan

quality posts: 6 Private Messages theCan
Chickeninawhat wrote:Say what you will about his designs being simplistic, cheap, cheesy, pandering, childish, bland, repetative, boring, rushed, thoughtless, and cliche but he sells out every time. That's a feat.

You do realize that you can add terms to the standard contract? Maybe he limits the number of shirts he sells. It's entirely possible, in fact, it's probable.

I wasn't impressed by this shirt. I don't know what the hoo-haa is all about.

lol; w00t

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
theCan wrote:You do realize that you can add terms to the standard contract? Maybe he limits the number of shirts he sells. It's entirely possible, in fact, it's probable.

I wasn't impressed by this shirt. I don't know what the hoo-haa is all about.

Except that you can see on page 1 of this thread that there were 3000 shirts sold today, the standard number available for a shirt's first day. Ramy didn't limit anything except his design "skills".

sedirex

quality posts: 2 Private Messages sedirex
jeremytheindian wrote:More like 1:00am for us on the east coast.

This. Midnight I could do, but 1am is just wrong.

kimvy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kimvy
SubBass49 wrote:Artistic people - I think what's being said is that we should mob some art sites like Deviant Art and others, spam for Woot on the pages of people whose art we like, and beg them to join the site/vote in the derbies. It's pretty much the only way we're going to change the voting patterns on shirt.woot in any meaningful way. Either that, or we have to set up like a million alternate accounts, but a shirt with each, and start voting...and that ain't happening.

Gotta say though, as an artist that designs shirts I'd actually want to wear, it's getting kind of frustrating and annoying entering the derbies. I could go Ramy-style and just do ch*bi stuff that I wouldn't even touch to check the price tag, but I actually like Woot's shirt quality, so I design for myself. Of course, doing that never gets me anywhere. Argh. Woot, you frustrate me.

It would be nice to have another way to get some of "less popular" designs another look. With any type of vote, it's more of a popularity contest. That's what Woot does.

What I'd like to see is the rest of the shirts get a second look - more than what seems to be the bi-monthly re-look that they have. Maybe more often. Maybe an "editor's choice" every couple of weeks?

That way, there's the popular choice and then a second look at designs that get overlooked, as there are a lot of really nice designs that get missed.

The current meme of "your taste doesn't speak to me" is just depressing, imho.

randomwords123

quality posts: 0 Private Messages randomwords123

I am in love with this shirt because I am in love with mario kart. We always called the blue one 'the bird' because it like, flies after you. You could always tell it was coming from that whistling sound it makes. Such good memories.

sexylittlerobot

quality posts: 14 Private Messages sexylittlerobot

I find it amusing that people are complaining about a gratuitous amount of people purchasing video game/meme based shirts on a site called woot, which is also a site that lists new contenders as 'noobs'.

There are other vote-based shirt sites out there where you can even purchase shirts with such delightful graphics as a girl committing suicide with the incipient blood/brain spray transfigured into butterflies. When I am in the mood for such a shirt, I head over to those sites.

Personally, I like a lot of the shirts on woot that involve nerdy little metajokes etc. I think the only time I have been really dismayed was during the 'v' derby when the vulpine shirt lost - but then I found out she's selling it on another site.

I really admire a lot of the more artistic shirts that appear as contenders here, but..I wouldn't wear them. I would more enjoy them as a print on my wall. It's not a personal sleight; or even a reflection of a woot consumer's intellect and creativity (or lack thereof, as so many sanctimonious persons postulate on these posts.) I'm sorry that a lot of these wonderful designs are not printed, but do you think you could quit insulting everyone else?

and yes, I bought this shirt.

finnit

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finnit

Just doing some looking around, this is the third ramyb shirt I've purchased off of Woot.

His designs may not be art, but they're cute, they're funny and they're right in my age bracket's wheelhouse. Keep them coming.

djfrozone

quality posts: 0 Private Messages djfrozone

will this ever be back up for sale???? why did i have to work today.....

squall14716

quality posts: 0 Private Messages squall14716
djfrozone wrote:will this ever be back up for sale???? why did i have to work today.....

Tomorrow and almost certainly for quite some time in Reckoning.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
Azurett wrote:I agree...and obviously people like this shirt, that's why people on woot voted for it. Shirts that sell on woot are based on what people want. That's the whole point of shirt.woot. All the designs are art. Just because they're memes doesn't make them not artistic. If you don't like it, don't vote for it and don't buy it...People who are complaining should be more active in the derbies..vote for designs that you think are "artistic" and get more of your "artistic" friends to join and vote so maybe the design you like will win or even get an honorable mention. If you don't like how shirt.woot works, then leave. People who enjoy the shirts being sold here don't need to hear people who think they understand art whine and complain...so stop wasting your time and energy. Thanks.

People also saw Transformers 2 in droves. But even that's beside the point, a point that you are completely missing.

Again, it's not "art" vs. "not art". It's Ramyb's pandering winning every damn week vs. artists who actually try to design something interesting. Yes, this shirt sells. That says absolutely nothing for quality. Ask Michael Bay and Nickelback.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
genericwit wrote:The post that I quoted actually had another post quoted. The original one I'm referencing to is the guy QQing about shirts NOT being artistic and saying he was going to take his business elsewhere. I was directly replying to his complaint.

It's why I felt the need to say that people wear shirts because they like them, not because of artistic merit. I'm glad you agree with me.

My bad for missing your context, and I credit you for making it concisely and eloquently.

toymachine0707

quality posts: 0 Private Messages toymachine0707
genericwit wrote:Wait until tomorrow, and you can get it for $15.

Where can i get it tomorrow????

dulcesueno21

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dulcesueno21

This is brilliant. I've been glancing at this site for a few weeks now and giggling at some of the shirts but this was the first one where I said I just HAVE to have that. Thank you for making a shirt that will cause envy amongst everyone I know!

drmoore718

quality posts: 0 Private Messages drmoore718

turtle928

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtle928

LOVE LOVE LOVE

animeking503

quality posts: 0 Private Messages animeking503

This will go nicely with the other Mario Kart woot shirt I have (To The Top DiVinci Style)!

alphaj110

quality posts: 0 Private Messages alphaj110
noss88 wrote:I just ordered one for myself and just thought about ordering one for my brother, I tried to order it and it says "this account has already made this order" or something like that, I can't order another one?

You have to order multiple shirts in the same order

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
jmmbell1987 wrote:People also saw Transformers 2 in droves. But even that's beside the point, a point that you are completely missing.

Again, it's not "art" vs. "not art". It's Ramyb's pandering winning every damn week vs. artists who actually try to design something interesting. Yes, this shirt sells. That says absolutely nothing for quality. Ask Michael Bay and Nickelback.

Interesting to whom? Obviously not interesting to the majority of people here. You guys really come off the a bunch of jealous whiners. Seeing as Woot makes up "Ramyb rules" to level the playing field, you have plenty of opportunities to have something printed. Bunch of haters.

thefox209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thefox209

Has anyone's shipped yet? Mine hasn't and I'm trying to find out if there is a delay, but it's confusing to me to find out, any help out there?

shockdoctor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shockdoctor
thefox209 wrote:Has anyone's shipped yet? Mine hasn't and I'm trying to find out if there is a delay, but it's confusing to me to find out, any help out there?

Mine does not show as being shipped yet either. I'm guessing the Memorial Day weekend may have slowed things down a bit.

mafodor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mafodor

That "To the To DaVinci Style" shirt is freaking amazing! This one is pretty good. If I had more money (hey, it's summertime!) I'd probably take the plunge, though I haven't played Mario Kart seriously since the Super Nintendo/N64 days.

a75952

quality posts: 8 Private Messages a75952
Macdonnie wrote:A smile on my face ^_^ and now to break out my 64 and kick it old style!

you mean old skool?

TBoons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBoons

Still no shirt... Been sitting in GA for DAYS!

Day 13.

yankeebird

TBoons wrote:Still no shirt... Been sitting in GA for DAYS!

Day 13.

Maybe you'll get lucky and never receive it.

TBoons

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TBoons
yankeebird wrote:Maybe you'll get lucky and never receive it.

Ya that will be so much fun and a great use of $20.

bluetuba

quality posts: 57 Private Messages bluetuba

I am shocked every time I look at the reckoning and still see this at #1. It's a terrible shirt! It's even worse than the one with the mini-gun!

GrumpyCloud

quality posts: 0 Private Messages GrumpyCloud
TBoons wrote:Still no shirt... Been sitting in GA for DAYS!

Day 13.

Mine's been moving around California since the 16th, which is weird, because normally these route through Colorado. In fact, I got another shirt that I ordered AFTER this one already. If only I could look up Smart Post tracking numbers at work (I work for FedEx Express) to see why it skipped over Utah and went to Cali.

yankeebird

TBoons wrote:Ya that will be so much fun and a great use of $20.

Would have been better to use your $20 on something that wasn't a ramyb shirt.

bmxjimp

quality posts: 38 Private Messages bmxjimp

My wife and I play Mario Kart Wii a lot, so I finally used our April Fool's Woot-off Lights + Shirt.Woot Coupons to get two of these. I still wish I had not missed the initial sale, but with the Woot-off sale going on right now the total was only $4. Good deal, thanks Woot and Ramyb!

My username didn't change to jimp for my birthday, but I understand. Thanks, we're good!

kauthor47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kauthor47

Mine has been sitting at "received shipping info" for about three days now. Has anyone received theirs yet or am I just unlucky?

futurejp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages futurejp
kauthor47 wrote:Mine has been sitting at "received shipping info" for about three days now. Has anyone received theirs yet or am I just unlucky?

I also have received a tracking number but since the 25th have had no updates other than FedEx receiving shipping info. Huh.

http://aerosmithsetlists.com

kauthor47

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kauthor47

Mine finally shipped out. It's located in Texas now, but it says it is estimated to be delivered on July 10th. I live in Virginia- there's no way that will take a whole week to get that far, unless FedEx is having a really The Strangers (2008) week.

Fritz117

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Fritz117

Im getting mine shipped to Australia, but i cant seem to get the tracking number to work. It just says invalid...?

wanderlusting

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wanderlusting

I just got mine and the graphics on the board are really bad quality. You can barely read what it says or what the diagram is about. Anybody else have the same problem?

milbill24

quality posts: 2 Private Messages milbill24
MissJamieD wrote:Thanks! I'm not spiffy on the Mario Kart tactics (as, for one reason or another, I'm often a little discombobulated while racing).

the good way to not get hit is to back up into 2nd place just so the blue shell hits the person in 1st and then when they are slowed down its ur chance to go for 1st!!

chefsean

quality posts: 2 Private Messages chefsean
wanderlusting wrote:I just got mine and the graphics on the board are really bad quality. You can barely read what it says or what the diagram is about. Anybody else have the same problem?

i second that but i dont really care since people get-the-picture! it also looks a lot better from far away.
Here is a photo of me on a cruise ship to Mexico witch was very popular over there!

chefsean
CLICK....>>.....ON...>>....TheMysteryBox>>>>>>

tangothemutt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangothemutt

I really like the art presented on the shirt and seldom get a chance to wear t-shirts anymore.

Now if someone wanted to sell me a print or a poster or even a large, high-res digital image for use as a desktop...