pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
KtCallista wrote:His baby's birthday is near my friend's baby's birthday which I was belly buddies with for Ver2.

Really makes it bad that I forgot Ducky's birthday again, huh?

Oh, no, did I miss Ducky's birthday?

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Oh, no, did I miss Ducky's birthday?

pooflady wrote:Happy Birthday, Ducky. Will you be able to blow out all the candles?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:don't forget that you've shared a story of having a daughter. Miss1 should've had a birthday this month right?

i'm only 12! how could i have had a baby yet?!?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi all.

Got about half way through fixing my screw-up today. *sigh*

taternuggets

quality posts: 22 Private Messages taternuggets
kdccrosby wrote:Hi all.

Do we get to know what it was?

Nothing follows.

pooflady

no1 wrote:

Whew! Short-term memory loss when you get old.

FenStar

quality posts: 16 Private Messages FenStar

NEW FUTURAMA IN 46 MINUETS.

(THAT'S 10PM EASTERN)

Still single, can't imagine why.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Hi all.

Think you'll get it done tomorrow?

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
taternuggets wrote:Do we get to know what it was?

Perhaps we should analyze what creates this desire of yours to know what the mess up was.

Last Post

taternuggets

tennisplayer121 wrote:Perhaps we should analyze what creates this desire of yours to know what the mess up was.

I have no comeback for this.

Dunno?

Nothing follows.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
tennisplayer121 wrote:Perhaps we should analyze what creates this desire of yours to know what the mess up was.

Hmm, you sound like you're trying to bust some balls tonight or nuggets as the case may be lol

Might want to watch out before some PWA mom smacks you.

Evening all!

kdccrosby

taternuggets wrote:Do we get to know what it was?

well.. I confused the tax software I use so badly, that it was like it got caught in some sort of time/space rift and zapped the exemption for a LARGE customer. An exemption that had 197 records in each of the two exemptions. I was back-dating, updating & deleting stuff and did it in the wrong order.

Just gone.

Now I can't view expired exemption records. That's the part we haven't fixed, although we know how. I reset up the exemptions, although it took a while.

Couldn't bill a major oil & natural gas producer yesterday or today.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Think you'll get it done tomorrow?

No, but I fixed the part that prevented us from billing the customer, which was the important part.

The other has to be fixed with a SQL script and we have to test it first. And it's not a big deal if it's out for a week or so.

It was a big boo-boo and I knew better.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:No, but I fixed the part that prevented us from billing the customer, which was the important part.

The other has to be fixed with a SQL script and we have to test it first. And it's not a big deal if it's out for a week or so.

As long as you can fix it, no harm done. And you've put in lots of extra hours, so your time shouldn't be a problem.

taternuggets

kdccrosby wrote:well.. I confused the tax software I use so badly, that it was like it got caught in some sort of time/space rift and zapped the exemption for a LARGE customer. An exemption that had 197 records in each of the two exemptions. I was back-dating, updating & deleting stuff and did it in the wrong order.

Just gone.

Now I can't view expired exemption records. That's the part we haven't fixed, although we know how. I reset up the exemptions, although it took a while.

Couldn't bill a major oil & natural gas producer yesterday or today.

Oye.

Double Oye. Ouch, that sucks.

Nothing follows.

lplady

kdccrosby wrote:

They've been working you so hard since you joined that company and you've already fixed so many of the boo-boos they had since you've been there. Not good that it happened, but doubt it'll overshadow all your good work you've done for them thus far.

kdccrosby

taternuggets wrote:Oye.

Double Oye. Ouch, that sucks.

yeah.

I'm usually fixing other people's screw-ups. not making my own. And I'm the "Expert" OOPS!

Ah well. It's not like I got in trouble or anything. I caught it, stopped the billing and got it fixed. Besides, half of the folks it affected don't know it was ME that did it.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:yeah.

I'm usually fixing other people's screw-ups. not making my own. And I'm the "Expert" OOPS!

Ah well. It's not like I got in trouble or anything. I caught it, stopped the billing and got it fixed. Besides, half of the folks it affected don't know it was ME that did it.

We won't tell.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:We won't tell.

I told on myself. My boss never would have even known, but it was such a big screw up, and odd, that I had to tell. Of course, I made him laugh when I walked in his office and told him I just blew "Insert Customer Name herez' up....

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 564 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Nice little vid there, Tater.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

taternuggets

ThunderThighs wrote:Nice little vid there, Tater.

Awww.

Nothing follows.

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote: I told on myself. My boss never would have even known, but it was such a big screw up, and odd, that I had to tell. Of course, I made him laugh when I walked in his office and told him I just blew "Insert Customer Name herez' up....

Eh, everyone screws up now and then. It's the frequency of those screw ups they should worry about. I've walked into my boss' office many a time with an "I f*'d up."

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except Woot-Offs & expedited orders

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:Eh, everyone screws up now and then. It's the frequency of those screw ups they should worry about. I've walked into my boss' office many a time with an "I f*'d up."

Heh, doesn't happen much when you're self-employed.

ThunderThighs

Staff

pooflady wrote:Heh, doesn't happen much when you're self-employed.

screw-ups?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

ThunderThighs wrote:screw-ups?

No one to confess to.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121
lplady wrote:Hmm, you sound like you're trying to bust some balls tonight or nuggets as the case may be lol

Might want to watch out before some PWA mom smacks you.

Evening all!

Lol. I have a curious mind. I think it'd be more interesting to explore why someone is interested in other people's mess ups than exploring what the actual mess up is.

However, with my brand new phone, I'm already unable to explain what the mess up is, and tech support is unable to explain what it is as well as why it is doing what it is. Not a good sign. Hoping something funky just happened with the initial set-up and the master reset will actually take care of the problem. We'll see I guess.

Last Post

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Damn, I actually did some moding and then got out modded.
Guess I'l just have to watch Futurama

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Damn, I actually did some moding and then got out modded.

Huh?

FORUM MODERATOR

pooflady

How do you get out modded?

kdccrosby

who out-modded you?

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Ugg! Having a serious disagreement with my son. He really wants to play with the toys on the bouncer seat, but he just as equally does not want to sit in said bouncer, strapped in or not. The bouncer is on the floor I am on the couch, he wants me to lean over while holding him so he can play, I think not. We've been going in and out in and out, just about to take him out again.

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Ugg! Having a serious disagreement with my son. He really wants to play with the toys on the bouncer seat, but he just as equally does not want to sit in said bouncer, strapped in or not. The bouncer is on the floor I am on the couch, he wants me to lean over while holding him so he can play, I think not. We've been going in and out in and out, just about to take him out again.

Maybe Orc can hide it in the kitchen. Out of sight out of mind. Then give him something else to occupy him.

lp

KtCallista

lplady wrote:Maybe Orc can hide it in the kitchen. Out of sight out of mind. Then give him something else to occupy him.

lp

Orc took Ver3 to the kitchen. He loves watching everyone eat and playing with a spoon and bowl. He's just starting to show interest in food, but I want to wait until he is sitting up better before starting that whole journey. He's gaining weight (another .7 lbs according to the wii fit, in the last 13 days), and getting taller, there is no rush. Besides kids don't get adequate nutrition from solid foods until they are 2 or older. They are still heavily dependent on getting their nutrients in liquid form. (last info added for those that don't feed/care for babies)

lp

lplady

KtCallista wrote:Orc took Ver3 to the kitchen. He loves watching everyone eat and playing with a spoon and bowl. He's just starting to show interest in food, but I want to wait until he is sitting up better before starting that whole journey. He's gaining weight (another .7 lbs according to the wii fit, in the last 13 days), and getting taller, there is no rush. Besides kids don't get adequate nutrition from solid foods until they are 2 or older. They are still heavily dependent on getting their nutrients in liquid form. (last info added for those that don't feed/care for babies)

lp

That's something I didn't know. I thought most children between 1 and 2 had a lot of food in their diet and no where near as much drink as they had the first year. I didn't think it was inadequate to do so. Of course suggestions with child rearing change all the time and it's been a while for me.

pooflady

lplady wrote:That's something I didn't know. I thought most children between 1 and 2 had much more food than drink in their diet and didn't think it was inadequate to do so. Of course suggestions with child rearing change all the time and it's been a while for me.

And it depends on what book you read.

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:And it depends on what book you read.

depends on the kid to some extent. Physically, molars are just starting to grind their food and stomachs maturing enough to get nutrients from the solid food bits. A lot of our food, like whole milk is heavily fortified and helps cover the gap. Offering toddler formula or breastmilk is still considered a good idea according to WHO.

This is also why allergies change so much in small kids.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:And it depends on what book you read.

I don't read those books. I avoid that isle

KtCallista

kdccrosby wrote:I don't read those books. I avoid that isle

wow they have their own isle?

btw, MONKEYS

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:How do you get out modded?

I found a dirty picture...well, sort of....not by old standards, but dirty enough, and deleted it.
Then I checked to see if the person had ever been on probation.

Oh yeah. Billions of times, for dirty pictures.
So I probated him.
When I hit the probate button, 2 probation signs came up.
Someone else probated the same person, seconds before me.
Luckily I gave them 3 hours, the other person gave them 2. Not a big difference, even if they get added together.

So, I gave up and watched futrurama.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

KtCallista wrote:wow they have their own isle?

btw, MONKEYS

i got mine.

I still wish I hadn't missed the leopard print one....