kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
ThunderThighs wrote:Howdy peoples.

Hey there! How's it going today?

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How can I be too loud and never heard at the same time?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:How can I be too loud and never heard at the same time?

Mavyn

quality posts: 23 Private Messages Mavyn

Baking done for the weekend, yay!

And, inspired me to actually make use of my twitter account for something. We'll see how long it lasts...

And I got 2 more boxes packed up, so that's a good thing. Will hopefully finish clearing the table tomorrow, before heading to Santa Barbara to see about getting rid of the shells. Good stuff!

D'name...sounds like someone has selective hearing. :/

My speech is not parsing. I am speaking in ellipsis.

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:Baking done for the weekend, yay!

And, inspired me to actually make use of my twitter account for something. We'll see how long it lasts...

And I got 2 more boxes packed up, so that's a good thing. Will hopefully finish clearing the table tomorrow, before heading to Santa Barbara to see about getting rid of the shells. Good stuff!

D'name...sounds like someone has selective hearing. :/

shells?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:shells?

Shells???

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:Hey there! How's it going today?

Not so great today. It's the reminder that he's not out of the woods yet. They sat him up for a bit... or tried to. He got really lightheaded and his heartrate went up. They got him back down and on oxygen. They had planned to move him out of ICU but that's postphone now. Just saw him for a few minutes and he couldn't even hardly wake up. His kids were supposed to see him this evening.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Mavyn

kdccrosby wrote:shells?

Abalone. It's a gastropod native to the California coast (think of a flattened snail, kind of.) the pics don't do justice to the colors. I collected it, and have pounds of shells and shell pieces. I pick it up because it's shiny...and have nothing to do with it. But it's used to make jewelry, and there's a gal who is willing to trade me some jewelry for some raw material she can use.

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Not so great today. It's the reminder that he's not out of the woods yet. They sat him up for a bit... or tried to. He got really lightheaded and his heartrate went up. They got him back down and on oxygen. They had planned to move him out of ICU but that's postphone now. Just saw him for a few minutes and he couldn't even hardly wake up. His kids were supposed to see him this evening.

{{{TT}}} hugs to you. There will probably be ups & downs. Hopefully he keeps mending though. Can't rush getting well when it was that serious.

Mavyn

ThunderThighs wrote:Not so great today. It's the reminder that he's not out of the woods yet. They sat him up for a bit... or tried to. He got really lightheaded and his heartrate went up. They got him back down and on oxygen. They had planned to move him out of ICU but that's postphone now. Just saw him for a few minutes and he couldn't even hardly wake up. His kids were supposed to see him this evening.

Well, it's only been a few days, right? So...taking it slow will be okay. Maybe it's the time of day, as well...I know my grandmother was not as good in the afternoons as she was other times of the day.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

How long can you stay?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Mavyn wrote:

Abalone. It's a gastropod native to the California coast (think of a flattened snail, kind of.) the pics don't do justice to the colors. I collected it, and have pounds of shells and shell pieces. I pick it up because it's shiny...and have nothing to do with it. But it's used to make jewelry, and there's a gal who is willing to trade me some jewelry for some raw material she can use.

I have stuff like that from Long Island and New England. Your pieces look bigger and you have much more.
I really like it too!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

Mavyn wrote:

nice! sounds like a good trade to me.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:How long can you stay?

Heading back tomorrow night after we have dinner with the kids. There's not much else we can do here and we do have to get back. We talked to his apartment mgt today to brief them and to call us if rent was late. Need to figure out his mail but I have a feeling he's not going to cooperate on that -- as in, not hand over a key to anyone. He really is a PIA when it comes to letting people help.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Heading back tomorrow night after we have dinner with the kids. There's not much else we can do here and we do have to get back. We talked to his apartment mgt today to brief them and to call us if rent was late. Need to figure out his mail but I have a feeling he's not going to cooperate on that -- as in, not hand over a key to anyone. He really is a PIA when it comes to letting people help.

He's going to have a long hard recovery and will need to get over some of that. He will need help....

kdccrosby

Things aren't looking good for Ducky in the Twitter.

Those pink folks put in over 400 votes today!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Heading back tomorrow night after we have dinner with the kids. There's not much else we can do here and we do have to get back. We talked to his apartment mgt today to brief them and to call us if rent was late. Need to figure out his mail but I have a feeling he's not going to cooperate on that -- as in, not hand over a key to anyone. He really is a PIA when it comes to letting people help.

So, you are seeing nieces/nephews you haven't seen in awhile?
Or just your brother hasn't seen.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:So, you are seeing nieces/nephews you haven't seen in awhile?
Or just your brother hasn't seen.

Since my dad's funeral for me (20 yrs). 8 years for brother (father).

FORUM MODERATOR

ThunderThighs

Staff

kdccrosby wrote:He's going to have a long hard recovery and will need to get over some of that. He will need help....

Unfortunately, needing <> accepting.

The reason it took them so long to get hold of me was that he wouldn't let them call anyone listed in his phone. They had to go the long way around to his place of employment to get some numbers to call.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Since my dad's funeral for me (20 yrs). 8 years for brother (father).

Was the grandniece cute?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:Was the grandniece cute?

Only seen pics so far but yep, she's a keeper. She's 18mo. Hopefully, we'll see her @ tomorrow's dinner.

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Only seen pics so far but yep, she's a keeper. She's 18mo. Hopefully, we'll see her @ tomorrow's dinner.

That would be nice!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

ThunderThighs

Staff

ThunderThighs wrote:Since my dad's funeral for me (20 yrs). 8 years for brother (father).

Actually, it hasn't been that long for me. I remember coming through here at some point and stopping in to say howdy. The kids were in high school. So maybe 10 years?

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ewww, 90 tomorrow. Ick

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

The Betty White episode of SNL is on again.

She is just so darn funny.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:The Betty White episode of SNL is on again.

She is just so darn funny.

Yep

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

ThunderThighs wrote:Unfortunately, needing <> accepting.

The reason it took them so long to get hold of me was that he wouldn't let them call anyone listed in his phone. They had to go the long way around to his place of employment to get some numbers to call.

Stubborn.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote: Stubborn.

I think that TT could write a book on this whole situation for us to know everything.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:I think that TT could write a book on this whole situation for us to know everything.

Yep.

ThunderThighs

Staff

dontwantaname wrote:I think that TT could write a book on this whole situation for us to know everything.

Scary part is when we talked to the apartment lady (she knew him) and said he was in the hospital. She said "Wow, he's been in the hospital a lot this year."

O RLY?

FORUM MODERATOR

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

ThunderThighs wrote:Scary part is when we talked to the apartment lady (she knew him) and said he was in the hospital. She said "Wow, he's been in the hospital a lot this year."

O RLY?

So,it would have to be a mystery.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:So,it would have to be a mystery.

never fear. our heroine, TT, will get to the bottom of it!

Seriously though TT, I hope brother accepts help and will talk to y'all.

Mavyn

I don't watch TV often.

Turned it on for background noise, and found Coyote Ugly on E!

Which means seeing E! commercials.

Wow.

Reality TV has gone...scary places.

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Hi everybody. Back from dinner and playing poker with friends. Lost my shirt but had a good time.

Doesn't sound like you can force him to do anything and that just makes for a lot of frustration.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Hi everybody. Back from dinner and playing poker with friends. Lost my shirt but had a good time.

Doesn't sound like you can force him to do anything and that just makes for a lot of frustration.

Did you lose your bra too?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:Did you lose your bra too?

Nope, not that kind of poker, just nickels and dimes.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Nope, not that kind of poker, just nickels and dimes.

you lost your shirt AND got a poke?

Mavyn

kdccrosby wrote:you lost your shirt AND got a poke?

If she's taking her clothes off, she should expect folding money at least.

Can't imagine walking around with knickers full of dimes...

pooflady

On a different subject...gee, wonder Cruzer's doing?

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:On a different subject...gee, wonder Cruzer's doing?

heh - prolly he has lost his shirt, etc too.

Hopefully he & GEG had a good time at the wedding.