gryhnd

quality posts: 5 Private Messages gryhnd
mjc613 wrote:There are future weekends - the World Cup is only just starting!

Very true! But still...would've been nice

tranzparentl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tranzparentl
wongton wrote:No one else saw IDF and immediately thought Isreali Defense Forces? I gotta stop watching so much military channel...

Exactly what I thought and makes the shirt even better for the subliminal messages. :-p

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert

BTW, I was not aware of the IDF acronym's other meaning. Either way, it'd be difficult to pull a pro- or con-IDF out of this shirt.

It seems my shirts are always accidentally political -- you should have heard the uproar when I threw a sunburst behind my Cat Carrier shirt -- everyone thought it was pro-WW2 Japan!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang

I think this design is a great one for this derby and congratulations on your print!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac

Congrats, Robert! Great design with a wonderful color choice. Are you going to interview yourself?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Way to go Robert! I thought we would see this Sunday, but today is even better. You know I am a fan of this clean illustratorish look, so hopefully we will see more wins like this.

brockart

quality posts: 7 Private Messages brockart
thatrobert wrote:It seems my shirts are always accidentally political -- you should have heard the uproar when I threw a sunburst behind my Cat Carrier shirt -- everyone thought it was pro-WW2 Japan!

That's hilarious. You would've thought they moved on by now...

Congrats on a great shirt!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
gryhnd wrote:Awesome design. Wish it was offered earlier...would have worn for the World Cup this weekend...

This is the way Woot! works. A lack for any type of timing and foresight makes a Woot! offering irrelevant. It's kind of charming. Look for July 4th themed shirt in three weeks.

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky

I hear the IDF has an extreme shortage of goalkeepers...

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

Apricottarte

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Apricottarte
wongton wrote:No one else saw IDF and immediately thought Isreali Defense Forces? I gotta stop watching so much military channel...

I did as well, makes the shirt unwearable imo.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

I'm having troubles seeing how it would be passed. Perhaps I'm over thinking things.

nevetnod

quality posts: 2 Private Messages nevetnod

Ha! "thatrobert" is now officially "T. Hatro Bert".

Woot started it in the write up and now the Daily What is saying it.
http://thedailywh.at/post/690789733/tee-of-the-day-intergalactic-deathmatch

I saw it on the internet, so it must be true. :-)

I like celery.

pi3832

quality posts: 4 Private Messages pi3832
valianteffort wrote:Neither, it's Australian Rules Deathball!

Redundant, that. "Australian Rules" translates to "all regard for personal safety, and any other universal signs of sane behavior, have been expunged."

I'm always somewhat surprised when ARF players bleed red. I expect, instead, some kind of glowing green ooze, ala "Re-animator". Or perhaps Jägermeister.

thatrobert

ressamac wrote:Congrats, Robert! Great design with a wonderful color choice. Are you going to interview yourself?

Thanks Ressa. Yes, I will be interviewing myself! I wonder what I'll say?

thatrobert

pi3832 wrote:Redundant, that. "Australian Rules" translates to "all regard for personal safety, and any other universal signs of sane behavior, have been expunged."

I'm always somewhat surprised when ARF players bleed red. I expect, instead, some kind of glowing green ooze, ala "Re-animator". Or perhaps Jägermeister.

Great! Thanks for the name change, Woot...

thescholarbard

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thescholarbard

I was upset when I found out the derby was going to be about sports. I'm not at all a sports guy, and I know next to nothing about football/soccer, but when I saw this shirt in the derby I was dying for it. In for 1!

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps
BurtMom3 wrote:This shirt would be top on my list but I hate misspelling. What ever happened to Futbol. Not FOOTBALL. Football very rarely uses the foot so why Football. Futbol uses the foot and is the depiction.

Different languages maybe? Cause we speak, you know, English, we don't have those little funny things above our vowels.

tymyshoe91

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tymyshoe91

I think i might need to get this, except i'm kinda poor and USA tied England, which is good enough for me

Hey, here's a fun game: try to get the longest list of purchased woots of anyone! Better get started though, some people have a pretty good start on you. If you win, we'll be really happy for you............Will they?

mgherter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mgherter
Apricottarte wrote:I did as well, makes the shirt unwearable imo.

I bought one for every day of the week, just to compensate.

stupergenius

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupergenius

Two balls enter, one ball leaves.

BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

So glad this printed! It's simple and good.

AntiNickname

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AntiNickname
mgherter wrote:I bought one for every day of the week, just to compensate.

And now I love you. :D

Bill^2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Bill^2

This also reminds me a lot of the classic game "Speedball".

Borkmeister

quality posts: 2 Private Messages Borkmeister

I'm 100% with you, my first thoughts were "Whoah, a Woot shirt about real world issues? Whaaaaa...?" before I read the bottom. It's a shame, if they just left it at IDF I'd get it to support them!

thatrobert

Borkmeister wrote:I'm 100% with you, my first thoughts were "Whoah, a Woot shirt about real world issues? Whaaaaa...?" before I read the bottom. It's a shame, if they just left it at IDF I'd get it to support them!

I have to ask -- so, how would tie the spiked soccer ball to the Israeli Defense Force???

DarthNinja

quality posts: 10 Private Messages DarthNinja
epee1221 wrote:Reminds me of the Demoman's sticky bombs

I bought one for that exact reason.

Bog of carp anyone?

ahze

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahze

win!

streetwalkincheetah

quality posts: 1 Private Messages streetwalkincheetah

Seriously nice design. The only thing holding me back is that the colors should be royal blue/red/white instead of navy/burgundy/creme. If you're trying to parody the NBA/MLB logos, that is. If so or if not, rock on. Cool ass design, regardless.

thatrobert

streetwalkincheetah wrote:Seriously nice design. The only thing holding me back is that the colors should be royal blue/red/white instead of navy/burgundy/creme. If you're trying to parody the NBA/MLB logos, that is. If so or if not, rock on. Cool ass design, regardless.

Thanks. I started with those colors but I'm rarely one to go for bright sunny colors like that so I experimented with some desaturated shades until I found something I really enjoyed.

smklung

quality posts: 9 Private Messages smklung

simple yet pleasing

thatrobert

Thanks everyone for the nice comments! Also for the respectable sales considering it was a theme everyone though would bomb!

trabble

quality posts: 0 Private Messages trabble

I don't buy too many woot shirts, but this is one I had to have. Great design!

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 35 Private Messages fishbiscuit5

Congrats, t.hat.robert! I bought 2. Can't wait to wear this during a world cup game or two.

thatrobert

Wow. I didn't realize Deathmatch Football is already over 60 years old:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Death_Match

d0m

quality posts: 0 Private Messages d0m

In for one!