torakamikaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages torakamikaze
drsjr1 wrote:Compare for yourself...

Holy balls. Though I can understand your concern, calling me the ripoff artist seems a bit off, considering I created this design in march... and the date on that comic is May.

check my flickr

hmmmm

part of me thinks i should contact the chicago tribune

raytendo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages raytendo

wow i almost bought this impulsively. i'll have to sleep on it and decide in the morning later!
awesome work.

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

This is so awesome....

Random thought: This shirt could be redone around Christmas utilizing Santa Claus instead of Kool-Aid Man... going down the chimney, plus the green/red is quite Christmassy as well.

compassstl

quality posts: 30 Private Messages compassstl

Contact them!
Granted, not every thought is necessarily original, so I'm not sure how much you'd be able to get out of that effort. Good luck, though.

Is your name a reference to Torak, or Tora(?) + Kamikaze? Because if it's a David Eddings reference, I'll buy 3 of these.

torakamikaze wrote:Holy balls. Though I can understand your concern, calling me the ripoff artist seems a bit off, considering I created this design in march... and the date on that comic is May.

check my flickr

hmmmm

renkenr

quality posts: 7 Private Messages renkenr

I thought of Family Guy.

torakamikaze

compassstl wrote:Contact them!
Granted, not every thought is necessarily original, so I'm not sure how much you'd be able to get out of that effort. Good luck, though.

Is your name a reference to Torak, or Tora(?) + Kamikaze? Because if it's a David Eddings reference, I'll buy 3 of these.

Can I pretend it's a David Eddings reference?

wolfblade

quality posts: 4 Private Messages wolfblade
compassstl wrote:This is so awesome....

Random thought: This shirt could be redone around Christmas utilizing Santa Claus instead of Kool-Aid Man... going down the chimney, plus the green/red is quite Christmassy as well.

In the stories i was told that is what the wolf tried. The pigs had a pot of boiling water waiting for him. I believe they ended up eating him. So i must ask, why do you hate Santa?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
torakamikaze wrote:Holy balls. Though I can understand your concern, calling me the ripoff artist seems a bit off, considering I created this design in march... and the date on that comic is May.

check my flickr

hmmmm

Looks like dude is already being called on possibly plagiarizing gary larson

his other work even looks 100% Larsonian.

And of course, the sheeple are using the "ONLY SO MANY IDEAS" argument.

Edit: OK, this is really infuriating me reading more on this guy... "LARSON ISNT MAKING STRIPS SO WHO CARES IF THIS GUY IS DOING THE SAME THING IN THE SAME STYLE?" Anyone with ANY sense of ethics, perhaps?

nathanwpyle

quality posts: 37 Private Messages nathanwpyle

Way to go, Tora!
Love this one.

Also, um yeah - Chicago Tribune. Wow. Let us know what happens if you contact them!

finch0r

quality posts: 0 Private Messages finch0r

Thristy, lol

doodahbtfcc13

quality posts: 20 Private Messages doodahbtfcc13

What does the Kool-Aid guy get out of this relationship?
I mean, it seems like the big bad wolf gets all the perks...he gets in the house to the pigs, and the Kool-Aid man gets....?

jgreen0101

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jgreen0101

check my flickr

hmmmm

Looks like Farside ripoff to me, I'll sport yours instead ;)

aoviss

quality posts: 23 Private Messages aoviss

I was horrified for a moment. I was thinking "Jim Jones", but he used another brand (No, NOT Crustal Light!)

In for one, Milwaukee! WOOHOO!

Will count these shirts at Summerfest

stupididiot

quality posts: 0 Private Messages stupididiot

check my flickr

hmmmm

I'd be more concerned with disney contacting you.

stupididiot

AdderXYU wrote:Looks like dude is already being called on possibly plagiarizing gary larson

his other work even looks 100% Larsonian.

And of course, the sheeple are using the "ONLY SO MANY IDEAS" argument.

Edit: OK, this is really infuriating me reading more on this guy... "LARSON ISNT MAKING STRIPS SO WHO CARES IF THIS GUY IS DOING THE SAME THING IN THE SAME STYLE?" Anyone with ANY sense of ethics, perhaps?

im sure scott hilburn wasnt scoping out torakamikaze's flicker for ideas just like torakamikaze wasnt checking out the Chicago Tribune. They had the same idea, it happens all the time. No need for any outrage, its not like they drew the exact same drawing.

Its a funny idea, congrats on the print.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
stupididiot wrote:im sure scott hilburn wasnt scoping out torakamikaze's flicker for ideas just like torakamikaze wasnt checking out the Chicago Tribune. They had the same idea, it happens all the time. No need for any outrage, its not like they drew the exact same drawing.

Its a funny idea, congrats on the print.

It doesn't happen all the time with people who publish a comic strip that steals the illustrative style of the best known cartoonist in the one-panel absurdity game.

There is every need for outrage.

Also, it's amazing how you're so concerned about parody while not at all upset at full out plagiarism.

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
AdderXYU wrote:It doesn't happen all the time with people who publish a comic strip that steals the illustrative style of the best known cartoonist in the one-panel absurdity game.

There is every need for outrage.

Also, it's amazing how you're so concerned about parody while not at all upset at full out plagiarism.

hilburn is a great cartoonist in his own right and i dont think he deserves any bad mouthing by you. Just because his style is very similar doesn't make him a plagiarist. There are many artists out there with the same exact style, but they have different ideas so they have different work. so there is no need to start accusing accomplished artists of plagiarism.

on another note, Torakamikaze, funny shirt it made me laugh.

torakamikaze

stupididiot wrote:I'd be more concerned with disney contacting you.

I am not concerned.

Let's get pizza some time.

stupididiot

torakamikaze wrote:I am not concerned.

Let's get pizza some time.

sorry torakamikaze, i dont mean any offense to your design personally. i was trying to make the point that the artist that everyone was accusing of plagirism simply had the same idea as you. just like you parody disneys big bad wolf, you were using the same idea in a sense. there is nothing wrong with that, i just wanted to make the point that hilburn did nothing wrong either.

i will take you up on that pizza, im assuming your buying since your getting paid for this shirt! haha.

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell

Hey staff person, you spelt 'thirsty' wrong in your description.

No advertising, pls.

chokeychicken

quality posts: 0 Private Messages chokeychicken

this is going to be sold out by morning. i better buy one before i sleep.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee

The Wolf needed some help. He sure got some "cool aid".

Ha. Ha.

My sincerest apologies.

weirswalker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirswalker

stupidest shirt ever

rogue84

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rogue84

Here's a pretty old commercial of Mr. Kool-Aid in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ar6xC8KM-jk

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 210 Private Messages Spiritgreen

This will not end well.

(Congrats Torikamizkaze!)

equazcion

quality posts: 65 Private Messages equazcion
valianteffort wrote:Never trust a wolf that wears a top hat.

Actually I think that's a stovepipe hat.

Have you been eating that sandwich again?

Quasiskunk

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Quasiskunk

When he does get the pigs, he'll have something to drink....

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
stupididiot wrote:I'd be more concerned with disney contacting you.

Holy carp...couldn't you have at least changed the color of the suspenders or the number of creases in the gloves or no patches on the pants? Talk about a ripoff...

angelbabi523

quality posts: 11 Private Messages angelbabi523

Shirt reminds me of Dane Cook on the Kool-aid man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YlTz88ciL8

rglee129

quality posts: 27 Private Messages rglee129

Well done! Funny, funny design.

niftydrumdude

quality posts: 8 Private Messages niftydrumdude

Three ice cubes won't cut it for me. It's just not cold enough.

thesmath

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thesmath

This is brilliant, its the East coasts turn now. Take that number double it then double it again!

spanchenblow

quality posts: 10 Private Messages spanchenblow

Though the casual observer may think the Kool-Aid Man's outer shell is made of glass, it's actually made of Chucknorium. The pigs don't stand a chance.

spicyflavor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spicyflavor

Oh yeah

bamaster

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bamaster

In the words of Kalinga, "Swine!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNBt4srCn84

crau2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages crau2

I'd bet Mr. Kool-Aid Man doesn't go through with it... He probably still has nightmares after crashing that party in Jonestown. "Oh NO!"

CRANK

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug

And the streets ran red...with cherry Kool-Aid.

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

mcowles

quality posts: 2 Private Messages mcowles
chrisprender wrote:It's always bothered me that the Kool Aid guy carries around a miniature version of himself.

It's bring your daughter to work day! It's also "pour your daughter into glasses for the ice cold refreshment of the masses" day.

It's just harder to say.

trumpy33

quality posts: 14 Private Messages trumpy33
valianteffort wrote:Never trust a wolf that wears a top hat.

Or Christmas suspenders in June.

KiraNoFutago

quality posts: 2 Private Messages KiraNoFutago

Well, since I won't be the first to comment about there being bacon drinks, here's another for your list: Maple Bacon black tea.

Also, I got a great laugh from this design. Bravo!