95%
1%
Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat Sun

Woots by State

zero wooters wootinglots of wooters wooting

Quality Posts

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale

Very nice devo theme idea. I felt this was one of the best pieces up there. Great job, dixon!

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE

Not the one I was hoping for but congrats.

AlienBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages AlienBoy

Actually loved this one. Glad it got picked.

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

From the looks of things, it looks like the Oregon Trail is in for some nuclear trouble.

Oxirane

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Oxirane

Looks like the demolition team used a little too much C4.

Edit: Or should I say DEVOlition?

MissJamieD

quality posts: 44 Private Messages MissJamieD

The next panel in the series should have more Will Smith. He can fix all apocalyptical devastations!

lonelypond

quality posts: 459 Private Messages lonelypond

So Devo = Destruction is the message. Very nicely executed and a near perfect match for my current mood. Which worries me. I want to go back to the tree swing phase.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes

When a problem comes along, you need this shirt!

MissJamieD

lonelypond wrote:So Devo = Destruction is the message. Very nicely executed and a near perfect match for my current mood. Which worries me. I want to go back to the tree swing phase.

I would suggest that the 'tree swing phase' is a foreshadowing of diabolical events to come. Too often does the tire swing result in death, coma, or profound injury to its unsuspecting patron.

isparabola

quality posts: 8 Private Messages isparabola

This shirt tells the world: even though we don't have to worry about dysentery anymore, theres still the nuclear holocaust!

GitEmSteveDave

quality posts: 17 Private Messages GitEmSteveDave
chrisprender wrote:From the looks of things, it looks like the Oregon Trail is in for some nuclear trouble.

Well, if you can't shoot enough meat, you can hunt and microwave it at the same time! No more dysentery!

howwow90

quality posts: 2 Private Messages howwow90

Maybe I should relocate *away* from the Oregon Trail...

lonelypond

MissJamieD wrote:I would suggest that the 'tree swing phase' is a foreshadowing of diabolical events to come. Too often does the tire swing result in death, coma, or profound injury to its unsuspecting patron.

oh, you're cheerful ; /

MissJamieD

isparabola wrote:This shirt tells the world: even though we don't have to worry about dysentery anymore, theres still the nuclear holocaust!

Actually, dysentery is still serious business:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2845863/

To quote "Dysentery is a major cause of childhood morbidity and mortality in developing countries."

rlorenz89

quality posts: 14 Private Messages rlorenz89

Yet another win for cmdixon! Nice win, but I'm not really into devo... so it's a no go for me.

Congrats! Love your shirts!

MissJamieD

lonelypond wrote:oh, you're cheerful ; /

Oh, it's just me and a rather tumultuous past with tire swings. I'm biased.

dreamaster

quality posts: 4 Private Messages dreamaster

If you check my statistics , I'm a regular buyer - but I have to say, I would of bought this t-shirt, I almost bought the t-shirt, but then I noticed that a cool t-shirt was marred by that stupid devo thing.

The only cool thing about devo is that weird al sang about them.

t-shirt fail.

Oldknave

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Oldknave

What they're doing there is really terrible for the enviroment. Nuclear bombs should be more eco-friendly.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Whoohoo! Jumpsuit!

Thank you guys for voting for this one! You rock! TBH, I'm really surprised Robbie didn't take this one. I'd better see him up for Woot's pick tomorrow.

hanuel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hanuel

i really like this design, but i'm not so hot on the white t. hmmmm. decisions, decisions.

rikbitter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rikbitter

You have died of fission.

Crap.

---
Actually, more salty than bitter.

lonelypond

Humming this for tonight's lullaby.

And good night.

littleclyde

quality posts: 16 Private Messages littleclyde

congrats! really well done design!

ViciousSandpiper

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ViciousSandpiper

Great artwork as usual, cmdixon! It's a bit too similar to http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=8640, a shirt I already have, so I'll pass this time, but it's really lovely.

rikbitter

quality posts: 1 Private Messages rikbitter
MissJamieD wrote:I would suggest that the 'tree swing phase' is a foreshadowing of diabolical events to come. Too often does the tire swing result in death, coma, or profound injury to its unsuspecting patron.

"Where's the happy little tire swing Everett?"

---
Actually, more salty than bitter.

SonovaVondruke

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke
chrisprender wrote:From the looks of things, it looks like the Oregon Trail is in for some nuclear trouble.

True, this is actually from the next
Oregon Trail 6: Escape from Portland

YOUR PARTY COULD NOT ESCAPE THE BLAST RADIUS AND HAS DIED

SonovaVondruke

quality posts: 11 Private Messages SonovaVondruke

When I ordered it, it says the first white woot shirt, but wasn't the April Fools (blurry question mark) shirt the first white shirt, at least that's what it said when i bought that one too?

Andy47240

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Andy47240

Congrats cmdixon2, keeping Indiana relevant once again!!

Since ThatRobert's GPS design now shows a vote total too, I'm thinking that could mean a good day for him Sunday?

[MOD: Except for this: 3rd Place (as chosen by us here at Shirt.Woot)]

NightGhost

quality posts: 1908 Private Messages NightGhost
lonelypond wrote:oh, you're cheerful ; /

This is not a cheerful shirt!

De-evolution lurks...

retro007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages retro007

I know what I am wearing December 21 2012

I am in for one.

jblood

quality posts: 7 Private Messages jblood

Aww, great, thanks lonelypond. Now I'll be singing that all night!

eddythelawngnome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages eddythelawngnome
SonovaVondruke wrote:True, this is actually from the next
Oregon Trail 6: Escape from Portland

YOUR PARTY COULD NOT ESCAPE THE BLAST RADIUS AND HAS DIED

You know how whenever you would hunt too much and the little box said, 'If you continue hunting in this area, game will become scarce?' This might be what they meant.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert
Andy47240 wrote:Congrats cmdixon2, keeping Indiana relevant once again!!

Since ThatRobert's GPS design now shows a vote total too, I'm thinking that could mean a good day for him Sunday?

Hey! Good catch. I wouldn't have noticed that. That IS encouraging!

weirdal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages weirdal
dreamaster wrote:If you check my statistics , I'm a regular buyer - but I have to say, I would of bought this t-shirt, I almost bought the t-shirt, but then I noticed that a cool t-shirt was marred by that stupid devo thing.

The only cool thing about devo is that weird al sang about them.

t-shirt fail.

And without the Devo theme, this shirt would have never been made in the first place. Devo is awesome, and this shirt is great.

linksdeity

quality posts: 22 Private Messages linksdeity

The setting sun cast the land in a haunting red glow. A small town was being founded in America's rural west. It was the 1800's, and thousands were claiming a piece of young America for themselves, but none knew what secrets slept beneath the red earth...

Time went by, and the town grew. America was thirsty for gold, and fate chose one individual to strike such a precious vein mere miles away. With a single swing of a pick-axe the town's fate was sealed forever.

The growth was explosive. It seemed to happen overnight. Buildings were constructed, businesses sprung up, and mining infrastructure sprouted like vines. The town, now a city, prospered.

But.

From the very first mine shaft cut into the rocky landscape, rumors circulated. Rumors of dark deeds in the mines became commonplace. Collapses and missing miners seemed to plague the city, more so then in others. Even with it's dark reputation, none could resist the allure of gold, and the growth continued.

Fast forward to the 19th century. The city has exploded into a massive modern mecca. Industry and business replaced the old mining trade. In this day and age people were complacent, people assumed they'd be alright. A team of historians re-opened some of the old mines, the vestigial network which spread like roots beneath the city and into the rugged mountains beyond. What they discovered there was not recorded, but the aftermath was unforgettable.

It started with a few missing people. A few kids disappeared, and the police took notice. Soon gruesome homicides decorated the alleyways, and people who seemed berserk with rage began attacking innocent people. These bizarre attackers shambled in unnatural ways, they did not reason, and they did not die. Within 24 hours it became a full blown panic. Chaos reigned, and the government was called in.

Containment was hopeless, and the only salvation for this cursed landscape was going to come with the very force of the heavens themselves. Carried by the black wings of silent jets, a nuclear bomb was birthed into the sky. It fell screaming into the chaos below and silenced the madness for good.

In the fleeting final seconds of the city's doomed existence a pillar of flame and destruction rose into the skyline. For miles around the message was quite clear. The old city, once a young and prosperous town, was no more, and the land was cast in a haunting red glow.

cleverett

quality posts: 29 Private Messages cleverett

I wanted to like this shirt, and mostly I do. Mostly. I really like how the shirt shows a progression through time, and how we're all going to die in the end. I could do without the Devo logo, but I understand that the derby had a theme. All in all though, very nicely done.

However, the first frame is a killer for me. It appears to depict a tiny horse pulling a tiny covered wagon. There's just something wrong about the proportions. It appears that the horse and wagon are almost next to the tree (look how far the tree roots extend in frame 3, and how the tire in frame two is way above the white/dark division, though it's only slightly elevated), but the tree is only a sapling. That would make the horse very, very small.

Also, the wagon is only about the same length as the horse, and this is wrong...covered wagons were much larger. Which is why covered wagons weren't pulled by horses, but rather by teams of oxen. Sometimes by mules (and what I've identified as a horse could be a mule), but again, by teams of mules. It's all wrong, in scale and even the subject matter. And what's sad is that it really didn't even have to be in the image; it's clear from the other frames that the first one took place in an earlier, gentler, time period. So much gentler that they didn't even have tires to make swings out of yet.

I really do love the overall concept, but it's funny how a small detail can kill the whole wearability of a shirt. And yes, I do know people that would be asking me why the horse and covered wagon are so small, and why it's a horse, etc. Endlessly.

I suppose I could cover that part up with some Wite-Out, but that would add to my laundry time. I don't enjoy laundry time. Also, Wite-Out wouldn't really match the shirt, and then people would be asking me what I spilled on my shirt. Hmmm...maybe I could cover it up with tomato sauce and avoid both questions?

If it's ever printed elsewhere without the horse and wagon, let me know. I'll buy one straightaway.

sawbones84

quality posts: 7 Private Messages sawbones84

dark. perhaps a bit too much for a t

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
cleverett wrote:It appears to depict a tiny horse pulling a tiny covered wagon. There's just something wrong about the proportions. It appears that the horse and wagon are almost next to the tree (look how far the tree roots extend in frame 3, and how the tire in frame two is way above the white/dark division, though it's only slightly elevated), but the tree is only a sapling. That would make the horse very, very small.

The viewpoint is from the top of a hill looking into a valley. The darker gray at the bottom is the foreground which includes the tree.

dmunny

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dmunny

Nice design! Finger is on the trigger...

NightGhost made a great point - this is a sign of De-Evolution, which fits D(e)EVO quite well. Although I would rather have the DEVO removed, it is part of what allows this to be a valid entry.

In leau of writing a book, as some before me have I will end my comments now...