queboy89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages queboy89
Re: Viral Kawaii

Wow. I LIKE! Maybe it'll be my first and last kawaii type shirt.

wisesage

quality posts: 3 Private Messages wisesage
Re: Caution: Laboratory Animals

I like the mouse in the background eating popcorn.

sometimes i like to put on the cape and scream like a monkey.

Creeper1313

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Creeper1313
NemmyX wrote:Really sad that it isn't in the fog, it's a great shirt.

Seconded.... if this doesn't get printed from the derby, here's pulling for an Editor's pick.

Melissaq84

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Melissaq84

I would buy this for my 3 year old son but I just can't bring myself to have him wearing a shirt that says herpes on it.

But then again when he says "brain freeze" it sounds like "herpes" so when we eat ice cream he always yells "I've got herpes!"

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 214 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Even the Grass Has a Face

Ah, but the horizontal stripes give it directionality, like a waterfall.

I can't believe we're discussing vomit physics.

:p

sittle

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sittle
Re: Double Rainbow!!

Okay... we need about 500 votes... Rats! I was really hoping for some double rainbows!

snm1534

quality posts: 0 Private Messages snm1534
Re: Pithed Lemon

You do realize that pithing is a slaughtering technique in which the brain of the animal is scrambled with a tool inserted through the hole in the skull created by captive bolt stunning. When just looking at the deff of the lemon pith the shirt is funny, but when you looked at the definition of pithed its kinda creepy.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

DarkDrag0n wrote:
It's not an issue of whether you like or support this design, just that all designs be treated equally. I'm disappointed that Woot gave in to popular forum pressure and opted for appeasement.

Here's why I think this shirt was rejected, and why it was the right call. Based on past rejections it easily qualifies for the "similar shirts exist" rule, the similar shirts being at other sites and possibly at this one. The issue isn't that similar characters exist, it's the entire design that is too similar. Visually this is a rabbit standing next to bones with some text, which covers most of those Monty Python shirts. The concept is that the rabbit is carnivorous, which is in those other shirts as well. So what is in this design that isn't in the others, conceptually or visually? The words on the slogan are different. Given woot's feelings on slogans, I don't think that's enough. If it were then the following week you could feasibly resubmit another carnivorous rabbit next to bones and have it say "tastes like chicken" and the following week something else. I don't think adding or altering a slogan is enough on it's own to distinguish a design from others. Fable proved that you could use virtually the same character in a slightly modified situation and get it past rejection. I think if this had just that one additional element or concept (that wasn't a different slogan) it wouldn't have been rejected. I could see this getting resubbed with an alteration that adds to the concept and makes it unique in some way. I completely get what you're saying about this artist being under extra scrutiny, but on this particular shirt I think woot made the right call. Fortunately for fans of Ramy he has a great entry still fogged right now.

elife55

quality posts: 0 Private Messages elife55
thatrobert wrote:

• Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • He's gonna be a fry cook on Venus.

great The Strangers (2008)so you deserve it!!!

specsmachine

quality posts: 31 Private Messages specsmachine
snm1534 wrote:You do realize that pithing is a slaughtering technique in which the brain of the animal is scrambled with a tool inserted through the hole in the skull created by captive bolt stunning. When just looking at the deff of the lemon pith the shirt is funny, but when you looked at the definition of pithed its kinda creepy.

Yup, I knew that. Having a cow's head instead of a lemon: THAT would have been creepy.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Be My Chum

I really hope this gets an HM, and if it doesn't stand a chance in the 2nd Chance Derby wins an EC from woot. This is super cool and hilarious, I want one!

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

juandavid

quality posts: 0 Private Messages juandavid
Re: Hot! v.3

I like that the design can work for guys

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Lagbert wrote:Your statement is incorrect In the last 4 months only 4 ramby shirts have come up for sale. In that same time 3 tjost, 3 tgentry, and 3 drakxxx designs have all been for sale. patrickspen has had a total of 7 shirts come of for sale during the same period. Ramby may be in the fog often, but he doesn't win as often as people believe.

So let me get this straight. You readily admit Ramy's shirts get printed more often than 75% of the other top contenders on this website that you can name, EVEN though he's submitting much less often lately, and you're complaining... why?

D1C0M

quality posts: 0 Private Messages D1C0M
Re: Blowded Up

Thanks for voting and the great comments!

-Cheers!

ressamac

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ressamac
PJTalls7129 wrote:this shirt is pretty sweet. wish it was higher up in the derby

Thank you, PJTalls7129!

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
Re: this is not the onion you are looking for

Hahah, from the thumbnail, I thought it was supposed to be an adorable jack-o-lantern that missed the mark dreadfully. Now knowing the context (I missed all the invented drama), I'm even more inclined to say 'SFW?' It's cute, but I also think the shirts-that-shall-not-be-mentioned are cute, too.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

egrace1984

quality posts: 0 Private Messages egrace1984

This shirt rocks my world.

qphelixqp

quality posts: 0 Private Messages qphelixqp
Re: Bottles of bear!

Need and a poster wouldn't hurt either. You'll have to update me privately if this prints somewhere else later on!

HOYA309

quality posts: 0 Private Messages HOYA309
Spiritgreen wrote:Why so sad, Mr Electron?

(Nice design!)

b/c they're negative!

//nice colors!

jokerfest

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jokerfest

I want!

-------------------
Woot-off Lights: 1
Bunnies Ogling Carrots: 0

bubsters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bubsters
qphelixqp wrote:Need and a poster wouldn't hurt either. You'll have to update me privately if this prints somewhere else later on!

lol! I love your poster idea! That's genius. Thanks for your support, qphelixqp!

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard
bellarific wrote:NUDIST CUPCAKE YOU BETTER PRINT

qft

ppremont

quality posts: 4 Private Messages ppremont
Re: honeyyy!!

Still #1 in my heart!

Bring back the 4 O'Clock Flash!!!

bartenderqt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bartenderqt

I can't believe I just saw it for the first time... I'm not keeping up with the Derbys. (derbies?) Anywho...if it wins, I'm going against my hubby and buying. Too, freakin' cute... I love the olive by the way!

CGH1765

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CGH1765
tjost wrote:Bob Dylan comes to mind

Nice! I bought "The Binge". Love it.

parrotice

quality posts: 6 Private Messages parrotice
nrarmen wrote:Lol! I appreciate the tribute very much. Sadly, your shirt and my shirt can't coexist on the same site Keep trying to make shirts though!

Too bad this was rejected (tho totally understandable). Its an awesome tribute. I have the original (one of my favs), and I would have loved to have this as a companion to it. Oh well.

Where's the crap?

aphexplotz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aphexplotz
Re: Death By Cuteness

Fantastic! I'd buy it.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather
MaliceKaiser wrote:So let me get this straight. You readily admit Ramy's shirts get printed more often than 75% of the other top contenders on this website that you can name, EVEN though he's submitting much less often lately, and you're complaining... why?

Because he is submitting less often. He is submitting less often due to people hating on him and Woot's added rules that appear to be directed strait at him. He wins with bunnies, we get the no bunnies rule, he wins with a video game, we get no video games rule. The fact is that Woot gives off the appearance of hating their best seller, and that is sad, and just plain piss poor business sense.

L3g3ndQ

quality posts: 2 Private Messages L3g3ndQ
Re: Death By Cuteness

i hope this wins!! i actually want this shirt!!!

tabaddon

JapChrissy wrote:Thats not an original design. Its the same pepper (flame and all) that is on my Tokidoki purse I bought 2 years ago. They also use that same pepper to make many other purses, shirts, and keychains.

I also have a tokidoki item with the pepper and it's not exactly the same. This is a good representation of the only tokidoki pepper I've ever seen. Note the horns, face, and orientation. I suspect there's only so much you can do with a flamin' hot chili pepper as a concept...

All in all, I think this is the best of the three versions.

tabaddon

ThatPoshGirl wrote:No no no! Spiders moving closer to you is the whole problem. I don't want some creepy ass spider picture creeping toward me. Yikes.

No, no, no, it's not marching at breakneck speed. It's moved a few inches, once per session (or every few sessions) with your consent and direction, coupled with real therapy. Do a little research on phobia desensitization therapy to learn more. I have a close friend who went through it and it took about 17 months, I think. Her sister did the same thing in about 6 weeks. Everyone's different and there's no schedule to follow.
>::,,::<

Lacopra

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lacopra
Slinkums wrote:Well that's funny, the mascot for your website looks a lot like my derby entry. I smell hijinks.

You're being friendly and not just using my entry to pimp your website while at the same time accusing me of copying you... right? Heh heh, 'cause that would just be silly... right? I mean, yeah, they are both cute versions of angler fish, but mine is stylistically a lot different than yours.

It still is a very close similarity. Personally it doesn't matter in the end. Your angler design isn't going to win in this regard. Try using some line variation and cleaning up your style. Then you'll actually have a chance.

fftkrazee

quality posts: 3 Private Messages fftkrazee
Re: honeyyy!!

Thanks for the love ya'll. Here's hoping for an EC or HM.

Forzan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Forzan
Forzan wrote:Definitely buying the bee barf one. It's guaranteed to win.

So terribly disappointed that I jinxed this

capitalsown

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capitalsown
Re: Shhhh

Fools, this is QR code.

raevynpheather

quality posts: 0 Private Messages raevynpheather

And then the best entry on this site in 6 months, the shirt that would have sold out by 8am tomorrow morning, gets rejected for one of the loosest interpretations of "similar shirts exist" that I have seen in a year.

No, woot is definitely not out to get him.

Ramyb, when you make your own site let us know and we can ditch this used to be good site.

dsaolson

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dsaolson
Re: Cover the Earth

i want it!

krdove

quality posts: 0 Private Messages krdove
Spiritgreen wrote:Why so sad, Mr Electron?

(Nice design!)

On the off chance you were really asking - and not merely being facetious - here is an explanation of the particle emotions:

+ protons are positive, so they are smiling
0 neutrons are neutral, so they are neither smiling nor frowning
- electrons are negative, so they are frowning/crying

Fabulous shirt! I REALLY hope this one wins..
...Then I could use it in my classroom!

fablefire

quality posts: 22 Private Messages fablefire
Re: Caution: Laboratory Animals

Thanks folks! And yes, the rat knows *exactly* what he's doing. ;D

sthach

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sthach
alttag wrote:Perhaps I'm missing some sort of joke here, but it looks like white has no knights, and black's knight is on the b-file (and can't get to f in one move) ...

Yes, I don't see the position that the guy's talking about. However, I do like the shirt regardless of what the actual position.