Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Got bored this morning so I bought some under cabinet lighting and put it in. Mrs. Ice has been hinting she would like some for about 3 years.

I actually had gone out with the intent of buying ( with Mrs. Ice's blessing ) a generator but couldn't bring myself to put out the $650 for the one I would like.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

G'day, folks.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

AZGman wrote:G'day, folks.

G'aft Gman

AZGman

Iceback wrote:G'aft Gman

Howdy I'back. Couldn't pull the trigger on the juice-maker, huh?

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Howdy I'back. Couldn't pull the trigger on the juice-maker, huh?

Nope. I want to have power to my shed and I really don't want to run it from my house. It would be about the same price as a generator plus we'd have the added security of back-up power for the house.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:Nope. I want to have power to my shed and I really don't want to run it from my house. It would be about the same price as a generator plus we'd have the added security of back-up power for the house.

What size were ya lookin' at?

Iceback

AZGman wrote:What size were ya lookin' at?

6250 surge/5000 running watts

AZGman

Iceback wrote:6000 surge/5000 running watts

Should keep the ice cream frozen in the fridge!!

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Should keep the ice cream frozen in the fridge!!

A couple of years ago we had a power outage for 12 hours on a 100+ day. This way we could have at least one cool room with our portable a/c unit and some lighting, fans etc. and yes, keep the fridge running.

AZGman

Iceback wrote:A couple of years ago we had a power outage for 12 hours on a 100+ day. This way we could have at least one cool room with our portable a/c unit and some lighting, fans etc. and yes, keep the fridge running.

Yeppers!

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
Iceback wrote:Good plan!

I'm not always as dumb as I...uhh..."sound."

Iceback

cruzer wrote:I'm not always as dumb as I...uhh..."sound."

keep it up and you'll be married forever

cruzer

Iceback wrote:keep it up and you'll be married forever

woohoo!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:woohoo!

"And now I'm prayin' for the end of time . . . "

//snerk//

cruzer

AZGman wrote:"And now I'm prayin' for the end of time . . . "

//snerk//

Woohoo!

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

Spending the day shopping with the family. Just drove by a "Men's Spa 18+ Only" sign on the side of a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it is a legitimate business.

Last Post

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
tennisplayer121 wrote:Spending the day shopping with the family. Just drove by a "Men's Spa 18+ Only" sign on the side of a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it is a legitimate business.

I think you should check it out.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

pooflady

Woo-hoo, good shopping day. Discovered the fridge I want was evidently only discontinued by Best Buy. Didn't have my credit card with me, but I'll go back tomorrow and order it.

And husband just ordered this, the price came down:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000071NUS/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=286168&s=garden

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Woo-hoo, good shopping day. Discovered the fridge I want was evidently only discontinued by Best Buy. Didn't have my credit card with me, but I'll go back tomorrow and order it.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B000071NUS/ref=dp_image_z_0?ie=UTF8&n=286168&s=garden

Why a motion activated sprinkler?

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Woo-hoo, good shopping day. Discovered the fridge I want was evidently only discontinued by Best Buy. Didn't have my credit card with me, but I'll go back tomorrow and order it.

Motion activated sprinkler. Does that mean when someone walks by it will turn on and spray them?

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
AZGman wrote:Why a motion activated sprinkler?

to scare away animals?

Teripie

quality posts: 7 Private Messages Teripie

Hubby got his Woot lights today. Maybe mine will be here tomorrow.

“Anything is a great deal at some price,” Some Rutledge Guy.

pooflady

To answer everyone, mainly for deer and raccoons and skunks. From what I've read, though, the trick is to remember to turn it off during the day or you or the meter reader might get soaked.

Iceback

pooflady wrote:To answer everyone, mainly for deer and raccoons and skunks. From what I've read, though, the trick is to remember to turn it off during the day or you or the meter reader might get soaked.

bonus!

jsale325

quality posts: 19 Private Messages jsale325
tennisplayer121 wrote:Spending the day shopping with the family. Just drove by a "Men's Spa 18+ Only" sign on the side of a warehouse out in the middle of nowhere. I'm sure it is a legitimate business.

Where I used to live, there was a little hotel/truck stop right off the interstate that advertised renting rooms by the hour & spa/massage services. They constantly had ads out in the paper to hire females over the age of 18. Again, I am sure it was totally legit.

Don't let NightGhost convince you that you need an intervention, involving chocolate syrup. IT'S A TRAP!!!!
(3:24 PM, 7/7/2010) jsale325 will never catch up.

pooflady

Iceback wrote:Got bored this morning so I bought some under cabinet lighting and put it in. Mrs. Ice has been hinting she would like some for about 3 years.

I have under the cabinet lighting. The lights are great, but they burn out fast and they're expensive. At least mine are. Have to replace the bulbs with a rubber glove on.

mjvaughn

quality posts: 6 Private Messages mjvaughn

There's too many of those around here to count. I like the ones that have "arcade" on the sign, 'cause you know there's no video games in there.

Bazinga!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:I have under the cabinet lighting. The lights are great, but they burn out fast and they're expensive. At least mine are. Have to replace the bulbs with a rubber glove on.

I decided on the LED variety that are supposed to last 25 years.They aren't as bright as the halogen or xenon lights but...

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
mjvaughn wrote:There's too many of those around here to count. I like the ones that have "arcade" on the sign, 'cause you know there's no video games in there.

ummm... you do know that the term "arcade" has been around a lot longer than video games have existed, right? it's basically an architecture term for a covered hallway, typically with arches and/or shopping stalls along the sides.

Iceback

Turken wrote:ummm... you do know that the term "arcade" has been around a lot longer than video games have existed, right? it's basically an architecture term for a covered hallway, typically with arches and/or shopping stalls along the sides.

I'm not sure I'm buyin' what these "arcades" are sellin'

AZGman

Iceback wrote:I'm not sure I'm buyin' what these "arcades" are sellin'

I think they're just renting!

pooflady

Had our first BLTs. Mmm-mmmm good!

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

Evening all. Tired. Worked all day at an elementary school doing imaging. Not too hot though, so that was good.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
ThunderThighs wrote:Evening all. Tired. Worked all day at an elementary school doing imaging. Not too hot though, so that was good.

"doing imaging" like scanning docs into a database?

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

ThunderThighs

Staff

Jeus wrote:"doing imaging" like scanning docs into a database?

Imaging computers. Wiping them clean and putting new OS & software on them. The McAfee fiasco in April killed us. Even with their fix, many of our computers were unstable so we had to reimage every computer in the school district.

FORUM MODERATOR
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

Jeus

quality posts: 36 Private Messages Jeus
ThunderThighs wrote:Imaging computers. Wiping them clean and putting new OS & software on them. The McAfee fiasco in April killed us. Even with their fix, many of our computers were unstable so we had to reimage every computer in the school district.

oh sounds like a blast =\

surprised you all didnt just push the image over the network, i think one of the versions of ghost works that way. might just be if you have ghost installed on all the pcs though.

edit: i have only used the dos version of ghost.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com                                                                                                           (8:11 AM, 7/9/2010) Jeus framed the first letter of its kind

ThunderThighs

Staff

Jeus wrote:oh sounds like a blast =\

surprised you all didnt just push the image over the network, i think one of the versions of ghost works that way. might just be if you have ghost installed on all the pcs though.

edit: i have only used the dos version of ghost.

We do. It's done through ZenWorks but we still have to start it at each computer and each school has their own software that goes on top of the base image. Labs are multicasted.

EDIT: Plus, doing one school of a couple hundred computers really brings the network to a screeching halt. =\

FORUM MODERATOR

tennisplayer121

pooflady wrote:I think you should check it out.

Haha, I think I'll pass. I've never even gone to any kind of strip bar. Heck, I've never even been to a "Hooters" or similar establishment. I doubt the "Men's Only Spa" would be anywhere near to something I would go to.

Last Post

tennisplayer121

mjvaughn wrote:There's too many of those around here to count. I like the ones that have "arcade" on the sign, 'cause you know there's no video games in there.

This one has "Arcade" on one side, and "Men's Gym and Spa 18+ only" on the another side... a few other things I can't remember.

Last Post

pooflady

Not many people around tonight.