pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
Iceback wrote:Good morning all. Thanks for the link local for KtC's blog,I've been up for a couple of hours and it has been part of good read time.
I'm trying to find a specific citation in Texas code that forbids me from doing a certain job in a project that I have been warned that I don't want any part of. A colleague and I both agree it's there and remember reading the rule when we studied the code but can't find it. I have asked a consultant and he too remembers the same wording as I do but can't find it either. We have gone to our training provider with the hope they'll be of some help. I know I still have an out as the job as we define it is not within the parameters of our licensing but I'm concerned that with a slight wording change the powers that be, in order to save a substantial amount of money by doing this in-house, will try to circumvent the rule.
I have to tread carefully as I don't want to be tagged as "the guy" that cost them a pile of $$.

Sounds tricky.

I like your sig. Whores R Us

Morning everybody.

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:Sounds tricky.

I like your sig. Whores R Us

Morning everybody.

ah, just another day in the life of me.

Thanks, I like it too, for now.

In the end only kindness matters

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Mornin'.

mornin' Gman

AZGman

Iceback wrote:mornin' Gman

Howdy, I'back.

Just mowed the back yard; it was a jungle of weeds. Now I'm exhausted.

Iceback

AZGman wrote:Howdy, I'back.

Just mowed the back yard; it was a jungle of weeds. Now I'm exhausted.

I started to just mow the front yesterday and ended up doing the whole yard. It was about 100 degrees. Yeah, I know that doesn't seem too smart but unfortunately triple digit temps are in the forcast for the foreseeable future.

pooflady

Today's not horrid, but 90's for the next five days. This is one ugly summer.

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Today's not horrid, but 90's for the next five days. This is one ugly summer.

But you got tomatoes.
I bet you can get two crops of tomatoes if you are lucky.
Then you can can all over again!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

AZGman

pooflady wrote:Today's not horrid, but 90's for the next five days. This is one ugly summer.

S'pose to be 98 here Wednesday. joy

pooflady

dontwantaname wrote:But you got tomatoes.
I bet you can get two crops of tomatoes if you are lucky.
Then you can can all over again!

We have tomatoes coming out of our ears. Giving them away left and right.

AZGman

nap time.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Good afternoon everybody! Wonder if this will post? Poof, I'll take some tomatoes!

Iceback

pooflady wrote:We have tomatoes coming out of our ears. Giving them away left and right.

Tomatoes are very difficult to grow here because they have a very narrow temperature band in which to produce fruit. So I have gotten them to produce in the early spring and mid fall. I'm told the larger varieties do not do well at all and personally have only had limited luck with the smaller ones. I didn't even get any at all this year. I won't bother trying again.

tennisplayer121

quality posts: 8 Private Messages tennisplayer121

'afternoon

Last Post

pooflady

joyner wrote:Good afternoon everybody! Wonder if this will post? Poof, I'll take some tomatoes!

I'll box some up and send them. (Is that legal?)

KtCallista

quality posts: 32 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:Good morning all. Thanks for the link local for KtC's blog,I've been up for a couple of hours and it has been part of good read time.
I'm trying to find a specific citation in Texas code that forbids me from doing a certain job in a project that I have been warned that I don't want any part of. A colleague and I both agree it's there and remember reading the rule when we studied the code but can't find it. I have asked a consultant and he too remembers the same wording as I do but can't find it either. We have gone to our training provider with the hope they'll be of some help. I know I still have an out as the job as we define it is not within the parameters of our licensing but I'm concerned that with a slight wording change the powers that be, in order to save a substantial amount of money by doing this in-house, will try to circumvent the rule.
I have to tread carefully as I don't want to be tagged as "the guy" that cost them a pile of $$.

Awwww Thanks Blogging has been pretty good for me to get stuff out of my head.

I hope you find the legalese you are looking for. I hate when anyone forces those kinds of money saving shortcuts. It always ends being some else's problem.

Thanks so much Secret Santa!!

KtCallista

pooflady wrote:I'll box some up and send them. (Is that legal?)

If it is we can't grow tomatoes here either, we'd eat some!

It's too cold for too long here. I guess there are some techniques to get some tomatoes, but it's a ton of work.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

It's like you live around here.

edit: I have cherry tomatoes now, but that's all. The brandywines are just beginning to show some tiny amount of pink.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:It's like you live around here.

edit: I have cherry tomatoes now, but that's all. The brandywines are just beginning to show some tiny amount of pink.

I'm really surprised. Did you get them in late?

AZGman

nap over.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

AZGman wrote:nap over.

Was it a good one?

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

AZGman wrote:nap over.

I wish. We're actually supposed to be somewhere but Ver1 & 2 are whiny and not napping.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

At 4:30 hubby said he would take a shower and we would go out for late lunch/early dinner.

Hasn't happened yet.

Fed the dog early.
Could have fed him at regular time, plus walked him.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

KtCallista

dontwantaname wrote:At 4:30 hubby said he would take a shower and we would go out for late lunch/early dinner.

Hasn't happened yet.

Fed the dog early.
Could have fed him at regular time, plus walked him.

I feel ya. I'm half leaning to just going even though no one napped. I feel guilty because my friends invited us and they don't have a lot of kids coming to this party. The dad told me today that they are going for another hour and a half from now. It's not scotching hot out either. Then there is a play in the park tonight (community theater) and apparently we know a bunch of the actors... hmmm

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
pooflady wrote:I'm really surprised. Did you get them in late?

I don't think so. they take a really long time to get ripe. something like 85 days. my hillbilly heart, or something like that, has had some ripe ones already, but I missed them.

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner
pooflady wrote:I'll box some up and send them. (Is that legal?)

They would be soup by the time they got here. I don't know about the legality of shipping tomatoes. Might have to send them freight on a truck.

pooflady

Josephus wrote:I don't think so. they take a really long time to get ripe. something like 85 days. my hillbilly heart, or something like that, has had some ripe ones already, but I missed them.

Ah, now I understand. One of the heirlooms. Husband planted mainly Whoppers, although he threw in a couple of white tomatoes for the heck of it. He hasn't figured out how to tell when they're ripe.

pooflady

I'm looking for a new comforter and I'm wondering why on Penney's website they have a lot of comforters with a bonus of a free coverlet. Now why would you want a comforter and a coverlet? Currently have a coverlet on my bed (at least when company's coming), but I can't see how you would use both.

pooflady

Has Ducky disappeared?

Lynnzoi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lynnzoi

well, I just fixed myself the first real meal in days...and a healthy one at that. grilled stuffed portabellos on a fresh spinach salad (with cukes outta the garden) And just a splash of raspberry balsamic vinegar on the salad.

I'm skeered! way too nutritious!

pooflady

Lynnzoi wrote:well, I just fixed myself the first real meal in days...and a healthy one at that. grilled stuffed portabellos on a fresh spinach salad (with cukes outta the garden) And just a splash of raspberry balsamic vinegar on the salad.

Your stomach might rebel. "Where's the fat"? "Where's the calories"?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:well, I just fixed myself the first real meal in days...and a healthy one at that. grilled stuffed portabellos on a fresh spinach salad (with cukes outta the garden) And just a splash of raspberry balsamic vinegar on the salad.

Ohhh, sounds good!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

pooflady wrote:Your stomach might rebel. "Where's the fat"? "Where's the calories"?

yes

must offset it with ice cream

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:Ohhh, sounds good!

it was.....next time, tho, am using basil instead of rosemary in the tomato goo I stuffed the shroons with.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:yes

must offset it with ice cream

That sounds like a good compromise.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Lynnzoi

dontwantaname wrote:That sounds like a good compromise.

yeah....love them Drumsticks!

Lynnzoi

well, guess I should wake up the boys and give them their supper....can't believe Tanners isn't complaining that supper is late.

toodles kiddies

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Lynnzoi wrote:well, guess I should wake up the boys and give them their supper....can't believe Tanners isn't complaining that supper is late.

toodles kiddies

They don't just stare at you at dinner time?

Rusty and I are watching the national geographic special about how wolfs became dogs.

They just showed field trials. Rusty would love to do that!
He didn't kill the bunny or the squirrel he caught. So I know he has a soft mouth.
He also goes into a point whenever he see something.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

Ice Road Truckers viewed and family phone calls made. Still debating if I should go out in the heat and take the trash out to the curb now or do it in the morning...

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:Ice Road Truckers viewed and family phone calls made. Still debating if I should go out in the heat and take the trash out to the curb now or do it in the morning...

If you do it now, you can sleep one minute longer tomorrow.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!