BabyBear

quality posts: 18 Private Messages BabyBear
Diuy wrote:Especially Leonardo! He may singlehandedly be the most interesting person who ever lived.

Yeah he's still alive in 3010 when we discover his "secret"!

imacer2

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imacer2
BabyBear wrote:Guy on the bottom-right is Jesus right?? ;')

Raphael.

coltsfan182006

quality posts: 24 Private Messages coltsfan182006

Master Splinter has lowered his standards.

Sokudoningyou

quality posts: 8 Private Messages Sokudoningyou

I'm going to disagree that the Threadless shirt is better, because, seriously; that shirt looks like a hack job, while this? Is awesome. And looks as if the artist took some time to do a better job.

While I do agree that cream is a crap colour, and that some artsy weapons might have been a nice plus, this is an amazingly geek shirt. +10, would buy again.

Mark Question

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Mark Question

I agree the threadless shirt came first...but c'mon. This shirt is a superior design. That other one is a couple of doodles for twice the price.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan

I like the clean art style mixed with the comical theme but... Raphael's neck looks thick. The rat looks out of place. And if you're going to do creme, why not just go crazy and do a green which might fit the theme better.

There's just not a lot going on artistically; just a theme thats been done, but I like TMNT so I'd consider it.

tortamus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tortamus

So, do they face-off against evil, twisted hack "artists" like Jackson Pollock, Jasper Johns, and Andy Warhol?

/just got back from NYC
//yeah I spent 2 days at the MET

spidergirl42

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spidergirl42

This shirt design is awesome, but I think I'd much rather have it in poster form than t-shirt form so that I can stare at it and all its inspirational glory all the time. :D

YES!

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia

okay, that's a fantastic design. in for one.

/a little too old to be a TMNT fan in the heyday (32) but still love this design/

Diuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Diuy
BabyBear wrote:Yeah he's still alive in 3010 when we discover his "secret"!

... What?

chrispgriffin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chrispgriffin

Bebop and Rocksteady were Renaissance Men, too, right?

Woot List:
2x Bowls of Cheddar
7x Woots(1x Monkey, 1x Giant Monkey 1x Wootoff Lights, 2x Police Lights)
2x Shirt.Woot
1x Wine.Woot
2x Tech.Woot
twitter.com/chrispgriffin

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar
spidergirl42 wrote:This shirt design is awesome, but I think I'd much rather have it in poster form than t-shirt form so that I can stare at it and all its inspirational glory all the time. :D

oh my god, that's it. poster.woot.com ! edit:: use the designs from shirt.woot!

and yeah, just like everyone else, I love the shirt but will not buy it because it is cream. such a shame

strawberryicee

quality posts: 12 Private Messages strawberryicee
bluejester wrote:Although kinda funny, this shirt seems like it will require an explination to about 90% of the population who won't get it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

as an artist AND a huge TMNT fan, this shirt couldn't be more perfect. I don't prefer the cream, but since this is so awesome i don't care that i will look naked from a distance. =)

i think this would have been awesome on white though!

BabyBear

*Eye makeup by Lady Gaga.

BabyBear

Diuy wrote:... What?

Turn in your nerd membership card since I have to explain it to you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Duh-Vinci_Code

crono999

quality posts: 0 Private Messages crono999

AAAHHHHHH... stupid pasty white skin and cream colored shirts not going together... definite buy in another color...

arioth

quality posts: 1 Private Messages arioth

Lol!!!! I saw that tonight too! Love Futurama.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

What's the anamanapia for an eye roll? "Roll"? Sigh. Casey Jones is cooler anyway.

Entity17

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Entity17

i didn't get it at first cause Ralph looked like "Jesus"

cls31s

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cls31s

woulda gotten this shirt, but i got 2 shirts this week already...and this shirt is creme colored...not my cup of tea exactly...

hmmm08

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hmmm08

almost pulled the trigger and bought one ... huge tmnt fan, but having already bought the shakespeare tee in cream, couldn't buy another cream colored shirt ...

agree with post that said this would make a great picture for a poster, though!

celer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celer

brilliant, simply brilliant! i simply MUST have it for my collection!

WHACK POW THUD

Weredawg

quality posts: 3 Private Messages Weredawg

Love this shirt.
Reminds me of this pic:

snmurphy95

quality posts: 5 Private Messages snmurphy95

This shirt is turtly-tactular.

Dinosaurs and applesauce

venturboy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages venturboy
crono999 wrote:AAAHHHHHH... stupid pasty white skin and cream colored shirts not going together... definite buy in another color...

cls31s wrote:...and this shirt is creme colored...not my cup of tea exactly...

hmmm08 wrote:...couldn't buy another cream colored shirt ...

ciarlar wrote: and yeah, just like everyone else, I love the shirt but will not buy it because it is cream. such a shame

mrwednesday wrote:augh cream augh augh augh

rossismyname wrote:-1 for cream

CaptainWes wrote:This shirt is ALMOST perfect.... but you HAD to go with cream, didn't you.

tennisplayer121 wrote:why it wasn't made in green olive or even brown I just won't understand. Can't be in for one if it's cream colored.

polomex wrote:Argh. I love this design and idea. But damn you, cream.

Man, nine people hating on cream and it hasn't even been an hour yet. What, did cream beat you up and take your lunch money?

esteebin

quality posts: 4 Private Messages esteebin
Weredawg wrote:Love this shirt.
Reminds me of this pic:

Wow. That's a nice pic you posted...but it seems to be cut off.

I like TMNT, I appreciate art, I like witty things, and I'm of the light brown complexion, so cream will not hurt.

in for one!

indy1126

quality posts: 0 Private Messages indy1126

Please stop putting awesome designs on cream colored shirts? Cream is about as flattering as a second, deformed head.

celer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages celer
indy1126 wrote:Please stop putting awesome designs on cream colored shirts? Cream is about as flattering as a second, deformed head.

this. i agree with this wholesecondheartedly.it's been painful.

smithsonia

quality posts: 2 Private Messages smithsonia

I'm so terribly pasty that cream sort of stands out on me... guess I'm one of the few non-cream haters.

look, I got a cream shirt a while back (Rodent Gothic, maybe) and it's truly not bad. Really. Maybe give it a shot?

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Mark Question wrote:I agree the threadless shirt came first...but c'mon. This shirt is a superior design. That other one is a couple of doodles for twice the price.

While I usually love V&V's work (and the art on this is no exception) first is first when the concept is this specific. You could argue this should have been done first in the first place because it is better (Which is inarguable), but it still neither came first nor printed first, which sadly is also inarguable.

This is sorta the reason I'm so hard on pop culture. Not only is just-about-every-tee V&V has ever made better than this, so in a less pop world we might have gotten something gorgeous like Last of the Buffalo or Kra Shaon, but we're really at a point where we're so inundated that we can have these discussions about what came first and what is better. We, as a culture, really need to consider toning it down. There are, and will be, brilliant pop designs. But pop culture, like agriculture, needs to be sustainable. And we've been overfarming.

That all said, would I love to see someone as silly-talented as valorandvellum find her long-deserved spot on the reckoning list instead of non-artists who have taken root there so long? Most definitely. So here's hoping for a sell-out.

Edit: Finally, people who complain about creme shirts are fakon. Creme is not only a brilliant base color that uses the neutrality of white while adding some distinctive notes, but it makes 1000% sense on this design, giving it a vintaged look like an old sketchbook might have.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov

Finally: a reference to something in the 'Ninja Turtle'-Nintendo-Tetris-'Star Wars'-Windows-'And-So-On' category that is tasteful, wearable, and not completely imbecile.

Diuy

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Diuy

To everyone complaining about cream: I full-heartedly agree with each and every one of you. There have been so many fantastic designs placed on the worst color ever.

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek

I'd like to take this opportunity to thank shirt.woot and its tireless artists, without whom I would know much less than I do now about such pop culture icons as The Goonies and The Genetically Altered Adolescent Karate Cows.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

cristinaish

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cristinaish

will admit that it did remind me of "heroes in an art shell" at first glance, but still in for one as it's a v&v design. and, well, i like it much better than HIAAS.

vladistov

quality posts: 51 Private Messages vladistov
polomex wrote:Argh. I love this design and idea. But damn you, cream.

It needed to be done on cream to suit the archaic style of the art-work that lends itself so well to the irony . . . the concept would be both lacking and wasted otherwise.

cornflakejustice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cornflakejustice
Sokudoningyou wrote:I'm going to disagree that the Threadless shirt is better, because, seriously; that shirt looks like a hack job, while this? Is awesome. And looks as if the artist took some time to do a better job.

While I do agree that cream is a crap colour, and that some artsy weapons might have been a nice plus, this is an amazingly geek shirt. +10, would buy again.

Agreed! This shirt is great (Green would be a nice color, but cream will work) In for 1!

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

For all those who whinge endlessly about creme ... I don't think it's half as bad as you like to make it out to be. Personally, I've been accused of bordering on 'vampire pale', but I certainly wouldn't class creme as wholly unwearable. There have been some great designs offered on creme that look damned spiffy under a dark cardigan or tweed blazer.

On a side-note, I've found it fascinating that among members of my generation, there's one question that people can *always* answer, and can be an intriguing reflection on their adult personalities. So Wooters, I put it to you all: Which ninja turtle were YOU, when playing with your three best friends? (Always Raphael, here.)

ilovewasabi

quality posts: 3 Private Messages ilovewasabi

there's a subliminal message here... it is kind of strange that jesus is raphael because raphael uses weapons that resemble the devil's weapon: a pitchfork.

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea
vladistov wrote:It needed to be done on cream to suit the archaic style of the art-work that lends itself so well to the irony . . . the concept would be both lacking and wasted otherwise.

Yeah...cream....parchment....vellum....olden dayz paper....canvas...need I go on?