bamawolves

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bamawolves
RNW927 wrote:What is that rat doing to Raphael's head?!

SPLINTER!!!!

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

Dangit, why do I always wait until the last minute to order these things? It sold out on me.

I was aware of Threadless's similar shirt but I prefer this one.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

kc6201 wrote:Dangit, why do I always wait until the last minute to order these things? It sold out on me.

I was aware of Threadless's similar shirt but I prefer this one.

The shirt will be for sale again starting tomorrow--for $15--through this link.

wutangwisdom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wutangwisdom
skatimmy737 wrote:Which would make a better shirt? Beebop or Rocksteady?

both would be great

-Nutty-

dviglino

quality posts: 10 Private Messages dviglino

Sold out? I didn't know that happened at shirt.woot... too bad. 15$ is above my shirt budget.

I can't believe all the people mewing about 'copyright infringement' and all that bulldinky. It's such an obvious idea that the only way you can 'steal' it is if you don't come up with your own interpretation and layout. The turtles were named after these guys- doing it the other way around and using the men as an homage to turtles isn't unique.

infused08

quality posts: 0 Private Messages infused08

This is a stolen design!!! From here: http://www.zazzle.com/renaissance_ninjas_tshirt-235781274619852252

grldollies

quality posts: 0 Private Messages grldollies
megsck wrote:i would just tell granny to put her glasses on, this is obviously raphael, not jesus. =) more people should consider that jesus wasnt the only man to rock the long hair with a beard combo.

Maybe - but there are more Jesus images (Old Anglo style) then Raphael out their. Granny most likely won't see the subtle differences by first glance. Assumptions Assumptions!
I am sure one could carry reading glasses to hand out! Hehe

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

infused08 wrote:This is a stolen design!!! From here: http://www.zazzle.com/renaissance_ninjas_tshirt-235781274619852252

Well, yes, that zazzles tee seems to be a stolen design--of the threadless shirt. You may want to let threadless know about it. I don't believe shirt.woot really deals with threadless' legal issues? I dunno! Hmm!!!

bananablue

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bananablue

Soo stoked to get my shirt soon. I loved the idea when I saw it over at Threadless, but this one is AWESOME because of 1) the rat, 2) large images, and 3) it's on CREME! I personally feel that creme looks better on me than white (Threadless). Too bad about all the pale people complaining about the color of this shirt. This is just one of the benefits of being GBD (golden brown and delicious)!

sarleols

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sarleols

This shirt is such a copy off of a threadless shirt.

bluehoodie13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages bluehoodie13

I know it's already been brought up that this design shares the same concept as the threadless shirt "heroes in an art shell" (which has been around for 5 years)

Valorandvellum is an amazingly talented artist...who has been printed by threadless 10 times

yeah her design is far superior to the existing one, the girl has talent, lots of it and deserves to get paid...but i can't say that i'm not a little disappointed to see this printed

it's not like an obscure threadless design thats easily unknown in their catalog of thousands of designs they've printed over the years, so it's not like she can play the ignorance card

I still have the utmost respect for your work and I'd rather Valorandvellum get paid off of a great new design based on the concept than someone less talented with crappier work

and who knows? maybe she talked to her friends at threadless and they gave their blessings...I just think it's fakon to rip a concept

virtualathlete

quality posts: 1 Private Messages virtualathlete

I think it's completely possible two different people had similar concepts.Yes the shirt has been on threadless for a few years but that doesn't guarantee the artist knew about it.

cornflakejustice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cornflakejustice

Honestly, I think the "Omelets made great THIS WAS TOTALLY ON THREADLESS LIKE FOREVER AGO" is kind of a moot point. Iterations and similar concepts don't automatically make something unoriginal. The idea is the same fine, but what do you think about the fact that we use the same stories over and over (and over and over and over and over and over and over) again in books, movies, and other similar media. That's why some things are predictable, you've already come across the plot, it's the execution that makes it different and interesting. And this is definitely different and interesting.

Punkxnight

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Punkxnight

so the shirt still hasn't been shipped yet. anyone else having the same issue?

Orangerineman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orangerineman
Punkxnight wrote:so the shirt still hasn't been shipped yet. anyone else having the same issue?

My FedEx tracking just says they've received shipping information, but that it hasn't shipped yet.

imprompturob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imprompturob

I'm really disappointed in woot's current ship time. Took me about 20 days to get my random shirts and now it's a week later and haven't gotten this shirt sent out yet....

First shirt I've gotten in a few months.... and I'm a bit frustrated.

Mershp.

Robert S Scherzer

imprompturob

quality posts: 0 Private Messages imprompturob

but I still love woot.

Robert S Scherzer

hmerwin

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hmerwin
Orangerineman wrote:My FedEx tracking just says they've received shipping information, but that it hasn't shipped yet.

I have private messaged you with your tracking number for your shirt.

Orangerineman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Orangerineman
hmerwin wrote:I have private messaged you with your tracking number for your shirt.

Thanks! Turns out it's almost here-- the tracking number from the "My account" page just wasn't working.

Jigendaisuki

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Jigendaisuki
Punkxnight wrote:so the shirt still hasn't been shipped yet. anyone else having the same issue?

My tracking number says not found.

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder
hmerwin wrote:I have private messaged you with your tracking number for your shirt.

My tracking info also is messed up - it says shipping info sent to FedEx July 21 and to check back for status... I've been checking daily since the 21st...

jackmando7

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jackmando7
runwilder wrote:My tracking info also is messed up - it says shipping info sent to FedEx July 21 and to check back for status... I've been checking daily since the 21st...

Same here.

I have had this issue before though and was told with large orders it take additional time to print. Although it didn't take THIS long for them to ship it.

runwilder

quality posts: 1 Private Messages runwilder
jackmando7 wrote:Same here.

I have had this issue before though and was told with large orders it take additional time to print. Although it didn't take THIS long for them to ship it.

thank you person whose avatar looks like Rob Schneider on fire. Hopefully it will come soon(ish)

cornflakejustice

quality posts: 3 Private Messages cornflakejustice
Jigendaisuki wrote:My tracking number says not found.

Same.

athelstanspil

quality posts: 0 Private Messages athelstanspil

Yeah my tracking isn't showing anything, even though Woot said it shipped 6 days ago.

wdouglas37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wdouglas37

I have received an email on the 22nd saying that the shirt has shipped...yet fedex has no info of the tracking number. Should I be worried?

diveinvolved

quality posts: 0 Private Messages diveinvolved

I am as well having the same problem. The FedEx shipping code from the e-mail I received and the website display a not found message, seeming as it hasn't even shipped yet.

chrispgriffin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chrispgriffin

Generic comment complaining about shipping taking a long time.

Woot List:
2x Bowls of Cheddar
7x Woots(1x Monkey, 1x Giant Monkey 1x Wootoff Lights, 2x Police Lights)
2x Shirt.Woot
1x Wine.Woot
2x Tech.Woot
twitter.com/chrispgriffin

hmerwin

Jigendaisuki wrote:My tracking number says not found.

I have just sent you a private message with your FedEx Tracking number.

hmerwin

diveinvolved wrote:I am as well having the same problem. The FedEx shipping code from the e-mail I received and the website display a not found message, seeming as it hasn't even shipped yet.

I have sent you a private message with your Fed Ex tracking number showing the status of your shirt.

hmerwin

cornflakejustice wrote:Same.

I have sent you a private message containing your Fed Ex tracking number for your shirt.

hmerwin

athelstanspil wrote:Yeah my tracking isn't showing anything, even though Woot said it shipped 6 days ago.

I have sent you your Fed Ex tracking number in a private message.

hmerwin

runwilder wrote:My tracking info also is messed up - it says shipping info sent to FedEx July 21 and to check back for status... I've been checking daily since the 21st...

I have sent you a private message with your tracking number for your shirt.

hmerwin

I have sent you a private message containing your Fed Ex tracking info.

pgv100

quality posts: 0 Private Messages pgv100
hmerwin wrote:I have sent you a private message containing your Fed Ex tracking info.

*Insert complaint about non-working tracking number here*

goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

A possible aid for people whose tracking numbers are not working: you can sometimes track your package with your order number instead, if you go here, copypasta your order number into the reference number box, and fill in destination country and destination zip code (leave the account number box empty).

omarpseverino

quality posts: 1 Private Messages omarpseverino
goldenthorn wrote:A possible aid for people whose tracking numbers are not working: you can sometimes track your package with your order number instead, if you go here, copypasta your order number into the reference number box, and fill in destination country and destination zip code (leave the account number box empty).

Thanks for the tip, but this method still yields the same result for me. (I have the same issue as quoted below).

Orangerineman wrote:My FedEx tracking just says they've received shipping information, but that it hasn't shipped yet.

chrispgriffin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages chrispgriffin

So does this mean we should blame FedEx? Should we riot?

Woot List:
2x Bowls of Cheddar
7x Woots(1x Monkey, 1x Giant Monkey 1x Wootoff Lights, 2x Police Lights)
2x Shirt.Woot
1x Wine.Woot
2x Tech.Woot
twitter.com/chrispgriffin

domfots

quality posts: 0 Private Messages domfots

mine also says information received but not yet sent

spamguy

quality posts: 1 Private Messages spamguy
goldenthorn wrote:A possible aid for people whose tracking numbers are not working: you can sometimes track your package with your order number instead, if you go here, copypasta your order number into the reference number box, and fill in destination country and destination zip code (leave the account number box empty).

Thanks. I tried this as well, but to no avail. Still only says that the shipment information was sent to fed ex.