BootsBoots

quality posts: 37 Private Messages BootsBoots

So glad this one got a print, Robbie! Nice.

thatrobert

quality posts: 26 Private Messages thatrobert
IndependentVik wrote:Adams really paved the way for comicbook artists who wished to put excruciating detail into their work. I have a hard time picturing someone like McFarlane without there first having been an Adams. Just love his stuff.

I really like Neal for somehow having tons of detail yet having the cleanest, sharpest lines around. Much better than say (here comes the trollbait) a Frank Miller or someone like that.

Sardinicus

quality posts: 9 Private Messages Sardinicus

This design would look better on cream.

cuddlygator

quality posts: 1 Private Messages cuddlygator
skatimmy737 wrote:Are you saying Green Lantern has no friends?

Superheroes aren't allowed to have friends except other superheroes, and they're the sort of friends that don't like to carpool, watch your cat, or help move couches.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

It's a cute idea but the shirt color is too dark for me.

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
cuddlygator wrote:Superheroes aren't allowed to have friends except other superheroes, and they're the sort of friends that don't like to carpool, watch your cat, or help move couches.

Known fact: if you are friends with a superhero, you have a high probability of ending up in a fridge.

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
RandomLynx wrote:It's a cute idea but the shirt color is too dark for me.

Interesting... Asphalt is quite likely the most POPULAR color here at woot.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
rglee129 wrote:
And yeah, I wanted it to be Hal for sure. Of course, a Guy one would have been even cooler (and even more esoteric).

In my book, Hal will always be the true GL of sector 2814. You made the right call

tardis42

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tardis42

I'm a longtime GL fanboy, and I made a woot account just to buy this shirt!

brunfus6

quality posts: 0 Private Messages brunfus6
bluejester wrote:I guess I meant extreme overnight...Like, I order it now and get it in the mail tomorrow. She leaves early Friday I believe.

Have the hotel res? Have it overnited there. Worst case scenario it's a $15 roll of the dice for her to be the only one there with that particular comic reference T-shirt. Some things are worth the effort. Ohhs and ahhhs from Green Lantern Officianados at ComiCon happens to be one of them.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik
thatrobert wrote:I really like Neal for somehow having tons of detail yet having the cleanest, sharpest lines around. Much better than say (here comes the trollbait) a Frank Miller or someone like that.

I prefer Miller's writing to his artwork. That being said, I like his older Wolverine stuff over his newer stuff (eg, Batman). It seems like he used to draw cleaner lines. Me knowing as little as I do about the craft, though, it could just as likely be the coloring/inking on his later stuff that makes me think that when it might not even be true.

Oh, and heck yea on Adams. His art always looked so crisp, so clean.

parkerread

quality posts: 0 Private Messages parkerread

Wooooot, you're in the DFW metroplex, you should know that motorcyclists are more than welcome in the HOV lanes, hahaha. Funny shirt though, especially for the semi-nerdy, not so hardcore comic fans.

lanternz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lanternz
Sokudoningyou wrote:I understand the joke, but sadly, I am a Marvel, not a DC.

*Ahem*
Siege Sucked, thank you. I mean I like marvel too but it seems like it has been going down hill with a few characters such as GR.

Yet with Dc's reboot, they actually got some got talents writing the books. Im not going to go over the whole batman did capts death because that kind of thing is a waste of our valuable geek time. Though I am excited for the Marvel movies coming out.

richpackfan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages richpackfan
skatimmy737 wrote:Are you saying Green Lantern has no friends?

Yeah, well, Clark likes to ride with Diana, which is understandable.

Bruce and his young ward(whose name I can't type here, apparently) ride together, and their car is only a two-seater.

Barry likes to run and then boast about beating everyone there. He's kind of a jerk that way.

Jonn offered to ride, but he's got a weird sense of humor. May just turn invisible or shapeshift into a poodle or something when the cops pull up.

Ollie had a date with Dinah...

Arthur wanted a lift, but come on! Arthur?

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya
JadenKale wrote:Interesting... Asphalt is quite likely the most POPULAR color here at woot.

yeah, that's the problem. i own too many of that kind of color. i have my own suspicions why it is most popular, but i'd like a little diversity in my shirt collection and still have many of them come from here. but the ideas that are on blue and red and cream colored shirts are just designs im not into, haha.

generally, i'd say it's the color that dudes buy because we (stereotypically) aren't into a whole lot of color in our wardrobes. just a guess.

jebalaya

quality posts: 8 Private Messages jebalaya
Sokudoningyou wrote:I understand the joke, but sadly, I am a Marvel, not a DC.

sad indeed to just pick a side in a medium so full of win.

straydog1980

quality posts: 6 Private Messages straydog1980

bought one for my buddy in DFW. He's gonna love it, and it will be a good introduction to shirt.woot for him! Another soul lost to woot...

phrozt

quality posts: 1 Private Messages phrozt

Clearly, he's whistling, "Damn it feels good to be a gangsta!"

OtakuRyu

quality posts: 4 Private Messages OtakuRyu

... Pretty sure this merits a lulzy superhero (or vigilante-- I may be a Marvel girl, but we can't forget Batman now, can we?) derby of some sort in the future.
>_>

"The maddest of all are those who see the world as it truly is, and not as it should be."
~Don Quixote

“We are shaped and fashioned by what we love.”
~Goethe

emeraldchickpea

quality posts: 1 Private Messages emeraldchickpea

emeraldchickpea wrote:There is a guy at work who will be SOOOOOO jealous of this shirt!!! Should I tell him about it when I see him on Saturday, or wait until he sees it so I get the satisfaction of watching him DROOL first?

Whatcha think, Wooters?

darkinc wrote:Share the woot love D:

I went ahead and shared. Had his GF text him the link to shirt.woot. I'll see what he says on Saturday!

emeraldchickpea

Sardinicus wrote:This design would look better on cream.

LOLOLOLOL LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

sasham62

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sasham62
cuddlygator wrote:Superheroes aren't allowed to have friends except other superheroes, and they're the sort of friends that don't like to carpool, watch your cat, or help move couches.

Hal doesn't have friends. Clark has Lois Lane, Jimmy Olson, Perry White, Lana Lang, ... Bruce is a loner and still has D Grayson, Tim Drake, Alfred Pennyworth, and sometimes Selina Kyle.

I love this shirt. I'm a Kyle Rayner devote', but I love this shirt. Had to sweat out buying it with my limited funds, but then said, "Who are you kidding? Of course you're going to buy it."

trevorx

quality posts: 3 Private Messages trevorx

Now if each ring bearer had a version of this shirt that would be cool.
Have Rage just speed along. And the Love one let everyone mingle. I would like to see Sinestro driving along with some 5-0 after him...

DSGorman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages DSGorman

Anyone else feel like the GL costume should have been updated?

dselig

quality posts: 12 Private Messages dselig
DSGorman wrote:Anyone else feel like the GL costume should have been updated?

See Guy Gardner's or Kyle Rayner/Ion's costume

i have no clue what to write here anymore....

3blackbelt3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 3blackbelt3

This is legit hilarious.

emeraldchickpea

Update to Green With Envy coworker:

Yup.

He's GREEN.

Greener than the Lantern.

Greenest of ENVY.

He wants...larger than the Hulk, he wants....a GREEN MEANS GO!

Says he'd order soon as he got home...if he does, we can compare delivery time to the same town!

How GREEN is the Ohio Valley?

Pretty GREEN!!!

tffnyphm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tffnyphm

This shirt came in the mail today But it took Woot four days to ship it to somewhere that's 30 minutes away. They should have a pick-up option.

emeraldchickpea

Got mine today.

What's funny is I'd ordered the one the day before this one and the tracking number for it still shows nothing and I got THIS one before it!

This looks much nicer in person, btw.

jonrisk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jonrisk

Still waiting for this shirt to get here; should be here tomorrow. Darn fedex, I WANTED it today! My first woot shirt too.