osoleilmia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages osoleilmia
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

Super Awesome!!! GMV!

FatJ

quality posts: 0 Private Messages FatJ
Re: THE SCREAM

Funny, but dont Woot references usually get screamed..er rejected?

Adrian S Jones

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Burning Giraffes in Brown by Dali

Much as I don't like seeing giraffes burning, this looks awesome you two. Great movement and characters plus the giraffe coloring is amazing - like they are glowing! Not to mention the fiery and African looking looking landscape. Fantastic collab!

ruffleshaveridges

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ruffleshaveridges
Re: Self-Portrait of a Mutilated Teddy Bear

This is based on Van Gogh's self-portrait except without the pipe because Teddy Bears should not smoke. They can, however, cut off their own ear.

It happens.

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2
Re: Moon Explorer Robot by Andy Warhol

Trying to understand why this one doesn't have the votes it should...
Fantastic illustration. GMV!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
MadamAtom wrote:Nah, I think it'll be okay--it's got two-ness, but it's not Two Things, y'know?

And: found the text source. Yay Google. And even if it wouldn't've GMV anyway, that would've done it, so +1!

Thanks for this link, Madam! I guessed the book, but it is so much more fun when your guess is confirmed.

GMV, TG!

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Re: Inspired by The Great Wave

This is really good--really! ^_^

But on a side note, I'm confused about the rejectionator's pick-and-choose style this week. I want to say this is reinterpreting the artwork and not the artwork title and there are one or two other designs in the derby that suffer this same issue who are also not rejected. *sigh* I don't get it. Is it too hard to ask for consistency in rejections?

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

examae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
Re: Nighthawks

I agree that this is very wearable +1 nice job!

InkWiz

quality posts: 0 Private Messages InkWiz
Re: Inspired By~A Women With A Head Of Rose~1935

I just wanted to thank everyone for their support with this one!

Thank you all

http://threadless.com/submission/323515/Blue_Books_Of_Sorrow

profbrendan

quality posts: 7 Private Messages profbrendan
Spiritgreen wrote:What a great illustration! The perspective and the energy in your pose is very clever and yet it seems effortless. The paint wash coloring totally suits it too, even though it's a mechanical character.

It's a darn cool shirt. Where are all the votes?!

+1

cmdixon2 wrote:Trying to understand why this one doesn't have the votes it should...
Fantastic illustration. GMV!

Aww, thanks!

thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape
Re: Woman with Yellow Hair - Pablo Picasso.

This is gorgeous. I have dozens of Woot shirts and definitely would love to add this to my collection. <3 the orange! Please win.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Nekkochan wrote:This gets my vote just because the art itself really appeals to me. I like the shapes, the scribbly-but-clean feel, and the colors. Not 100% sure about the road, but the flow is nice.

thanks for the positive reinforcement nekko, Its great to read a positive comment.

examae

quality posts: 0 Private Messages examae
Re: The Scream

It took a while for this shirt to grow on me, but even so, ever since the beginning, I was so so so (!) attracted by the yellow haha. And the regression into the mouth really draws you in. You've won my vote

phix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages phix

I love it! Very striking.

jsichel

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jsichel
Re: [url=http://shirt.woot.com/Derby/Entry.aspx?id=44460]

So. Awesome.

Seriously I want it.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Burning Giraffes in Brown by Dali

Thanks for the support and comments on this guys. Yeah I knew that burning giraffes might not be everyones cup of tea but I just had to do it once I saw Bass' sketch There's some nice subs this derby and if I havn't commented on yours it's because I've had a really busy week so I apologize. Keep it up everyone. Thanks

tjost

Really nice line work and perspective on this.

Lerasi

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lerasi
walmazan wrote:Loading… Loading...

Five colors, I hope you like it!

Some detail:

love all of your work, just fan'd you on Facebook. I have to say one thing though. I've got a fairly messed up sense of humor, when I looked at this my first thought was that the hourglass was pooping out the rock and the look on the face was straining. >.<

tjost

Re: Triple Self-Portrait

I tried to comment on this the other day but the site was acting wonky. Rockwell is probably my favorite American artist and while this is in a much different syle this his, I think it still captures the feeling of his work. I love the inky sketch look and the varying line widths. Some one had commented on it looking French and I'd have to agree, almost like a drawing for a fashion line. Great work and fantastic first entry, I look forward to more from you.

BTW if this doesn't get a HM or EC print here, since it's probably not going to fog, resub it to threadless, it'd be a shoe in.

eba41305

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eba41305

sweet. does it come in a XXL?

tomochi

quality posts: 5 Private Messages tomochi

I too hate white shirts, but I'm voting for it anyway, and I'll buy it if it prints. Beautiful work. <3

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: The Persistence of Memory

ha! you are so awesome LITTLECLYDE! +1

enjoystees

quality posts: 0 Private Messages enjoystees
Re: Still Life - Fish

I like this.
Very nice.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Cool! +1

bookworm656

quality posts: 5 Private Messages bookworm656
nepbug wrote:If you wanted re-interpretations of the Artwork Titles that should've been more clear.

I don't see how they could have made it much more clear than by titling the derby "Reinterpreting Famous Art Titles." I do disagree with the rejection, though.

Woot: I'm in it for the monkeys.

tjost

Re: The Physical Impossibility of Death...

Great work on this, I think I could have done without the distressing but I get what you were going for. Another week and other awesome sub, I mean tank

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Draug wrote:This is really good--really! ^_^

But on a side note, I'm confused about the rejectionator's pick-and-choose style this week. I want to say this is reinterpreting the artwork and not the artwork title and there are one or two other designs in the derby that suffer this same issue who are also not rejected. *sigh* I don't get it. Is it too hard to ask for consistency in rejections?

For the umpteenth time, this does reinterpret the title as well. Unless you think THE REAL OCEAN HAS HANDS.

m5rammy

quality posts: 3 Private Messages m5rammy

Awesome !! I want 3

TylerDC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TylerDC

This really is my favorite one. The biggest problem i see in it is the strides on the yellow foot print of the man, they look normal, except the first one, the starting point seems off when you match the strides with the rest.

otherwise, i think i might actually fork up the $10 to buy it.

TylerDC

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TylerDC
TylerDC wrote:This really is my favorite one. The biggest problem i see in it is the strides on the yellow foot print of the man, they look normal, except the first one, the starting point seems off when you match the strides with the rest.

otherwise, i think i might actually fork up the $10 to buy it.

Oh, and i forgot to mention the final footprint, i think it would have been cool to see it start to merge with the orange paitn instead of just lay on top of it. if you added those two details, this would be very artistic, otherwise it's just another rendering.

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: Bird in Space.

I absolutely love your entry. The only criticism I would offer is the boxy look the stars create at the edge of the template. I think reducing the size of the bird would allow the density of stars to lower nearing the edge of the template and lessen the box effect.

But, again, overall I love it and you definitely have my vote!

BaldBob007

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BaldBob007
Re: The Anatomy Lesson of Dr. Nicolaes Tulp

I have absolutely no words to describe how amazing this shirt is. I have no idea why so few votes have been given. If you ever take this anywhere else, send me a message, please!

fabiofranca

quality posts: 1 Private Messages fabiofranca
thewronggrape wrote:This is gorgeous. I have dozens of Woot shirts and definitely would love to add this to my collection. <3 the orange! Please win.

thanks everyone! but was not this time either...

Lagbert

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
khartzel wrote:Hi! Also from delaware, like the idea but can you do me a favor and draw the top of the state correctly please? T

Sorry about that - I used google maps as a reference for the shape of the states, and the semi-circle at the top of the state wasn't readily apparent at the zoom level I was using to view Delaware.

Ummm... I mean... when Delaware first became a vampire it flew in to the roof of the cave and dented its head in... yeah that's what happened.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: The Kiss

This drawing is so awesome. This, as an illustration, is my favorite in the derby. I love your work, Mitohapa. I hope to see more of you in the future!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
topfrog56 wrote:To my Scrabble people - well, I used a bit of artistic license in order to use the words I wanted! I'm not sure but I might have used a letter too many times, too. The score is a total (no bonuses on this board,,,) and poor Seurat has been so upset that he has passed on every turn! All in good fun.

Artistic license is fine. I had to ask, since all the words worked so well together except for composition.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
tjost wrote:Thanks for the support and comments on this guys. Yeah I knew that burning giraffes might not be everyones cup of tea but I just had to do it once I saw Bass' sketch There's some nice subs this derby and if I havn't commented on yours it's because I've had a really busy week so I apologize. Keep it up everyone. Thanks

Thanks so much for working with me again, TJost! I'm glad you were up for working on my somewhat odd and silly idea. We'll have to try another time...and not do animals on fire ^^; I thought these guys were so funny, but my sense of humor is kind of knee-jerk.

Note: I love giraffes and would never set them on fire. Also, I'm short, I can't reach their hairs anyways :\.

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Very Woot-worthy. I want one (or two.)

Atrophy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Atrophy

Doesn't look like this one will make it... please make this via Cafe Press or something, because I VERY MUCH want one of these!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Lerasi wrote:love all of your work, just fan'd you on Facebook. I have to say one thing though. I've got a fairly messed up sense of humor, when I looked at this my first thought was that the hourglass was pooping out the rock and the look on the face was straining. >.<

^hahaha! could be

Thanks so much!