thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

Between Woot and Threadless, I have close to a hundred shirts and am having a hard time keeping it all neat. They basically end up in a pile smooshed over to one side of my bed.

Just curious what others out there do. Do you keep them neatly folded in a dresser? On shelves? Hang them? I came across this suggestion online about rolling them into tubes and securing with a rubber band. Trying to figure out what would work best to keep these organized. Would just love to hear thoughts!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

It makes it reasonably easy to find a specific shirt if I need to.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Try numerically by primary Pantone ink color.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71

I tried to take a cell pic of my collection, but it seems to have gotten lost somewhere between my phone and photobucket.
I hang most of my (well over 100) woot (and some teefury, threadless, etc.) shirts. I got one of those cheap 2 rod clothing racks at walmart, and keep the shirts ok for work on one bar, and NSFW on the other. I keep holiday/seasonal shirts on a shelf. My husband keeps his rolled up in standing and hanging wine racks.

thewronggrape

winnie71 wrote:My husband keeps his rolled up in standing and hanging wine racks.

Wine racks! I didn't think of that. Very cool idea.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Mine are presently in two stacks of plastic stacking drawers (NYC grime & dust gets on *everything* otherwise.) I subdivided them based on 1) shirts I wear the most/least often, then 2) by colour.

The new 'filing system' has only been in place for less than a week ... still waiting to see just how well it will work out.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I use what I like to call the "floor" method. What I do is I throw all my shirts on the floor, and then wear one when I feel like it. It's actually pretty useful.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I keep my modest collection in a normal sized closet, sorted by color.

lonelypond

quality posts: 450 Private Messages lonelypond

Mine are slowly moving other clothes out of drawers so I've been half trying to figure out an alternate solution.

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I have surrendered my closet to woot shirts. All my closet clothes are now sitting on my kitchen table. Thank goodness I've never used it for an actual meal, I might miss it.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Heh, I feel less guilty about finally devoting one whole armoire drawer to t-shirts. 'Tis organized haphazardly, according to whatever comes out of the dryer in whatever order. Oftentimes I'll try a shirt on and decide against it for the day/outfit/mood, taking it off and and folding it back into the drawer, inside-out. Most of the drawer is unrecognizable, then.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
geekfactor12 wrote:Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

that's a pretty nifty idea. i should think about that though thanks to my stupidity i'd also have to write a note of which ones i have too. i have the 2nd largest bedroom, but the smallest closet so right most of mine are stuffed in some rubbermaid container wih a few in a drawer.

thewronggrape

I'm thinking maybe hanging would be best. Quicker than folding and easier to see. However, I'm worried about my t-shirts getting those "shoulder bumps" from hangers. Maybe I'll clip them on like a clothesline. Or continue with my smooshed pile method.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

I try to put all my Woot shirts together on the shelf. Well, actually my wife does. She's a great woman.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

I have over 100 with woot, threadless, a couple teefury, a few dbh, a few tilteed and a tenbills. I hang all of mine so I can see them but sorted in color.

I use these giant plastic slowly rounded hangers from Ikea. They have softer curves to prevent shoulder nipples.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10160050

They are the best thing ever for clothes!

Happy Beer.

thatrobert

quality posts: 28 Private Messages thatrobert

I have two rods in my closet -- one for t-shirts, one for everything else I own.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
thatrobert wrote:I have two rods in my closet -- one for t-shirts, one for everything else I own.

Me too. Well, I actually have 3 rods, but if I put too much on one, it blocks a shelf. 1 rod has work clothes. I have 1 1/2 of the other rods crammed full of hanging tshirts. I have a sorting system, but it only makes sense to me.
I don't have a problem with shoulder bumps from the hangers...my problem is the shirts get huge wrinkles in them from being crammed together so tightly. I need to find a better way to store them. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 604 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jabberjaws13

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

wut iz ironing?

Happy Beer.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
geekfactor12 wrote:Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

Good golly, man!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jabberjaws13 wrote:wut iz ironing?

Is the thing I avoid doing by using Downy Wrinkle Releaser. LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

thewronggrape

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

I scouted out my linen closet last night and there's plenty of room to hang my t-shirts in there. I think I'll get a big lot of wide hangers on eBay. I tried hanging a few last night sorted by color and the geek in me loves the way it looks.

If I had the room in my apartment, I'd want one of those circular retail hanging racks. It'll be like a piece of art in the middle of the room. :-D

jabberjaws13

SailorButterfly wrote:Is the thing I avoid doing by using Downy Wrinkle Releaser. LOL

yeah i don't even do that. half dry them inside out on delicate, lay them out flat all over my bed, voila!

Happy Beer.