thewronggrape

quality posts: 49 Private Messages thewronggrape

Between Woot and Threadless, I have close to a hundred shirts and am having a hard time keeping it all neat. They basically end up in a pile smooshed over to one side of my bed.

Just curious what others out there do. Do you keep them neatly folded in a dresser? On shelves? Hang them? I came across this suggestion online about rolling them into tubes and securing with a rubber band. Trying to figure out what would work best to keep these organized. Would just love to hear thoughts!

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12

Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

It makes it reasonably easy to find a specific shirt if I need to.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks

Try numerically by primary Pantone ink color.

winnie71

quality posts: 1 Private Messages winnie71

I tried to take a cell pic of my collection, but it seems to have gotten lost somewhere between my phone and photobucket.
I hang most of my (well over 100) woot (and some teefury, threadless, etc.) shirts. I got one of those cheap 2 rod clothing racks at walmart, and keep the shirts ok for work on one bar, and NSFW on the other. I keep holiday/seasonal shirts on a shelf. My husband keeps his rolled up in standing and hanging wine racks.

thewronggrape

winnie71 wrote:My husband keeps his rolled up in standing and hanging wine racks.

Wine racks! I didn't think of that. Very cool idea.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Mine are presently in two stacks of plastic stacking drawers (NYC grime & dust gets on *everything* otherwise.) I subdivided them based on 1) shirts I wear the most/least often, then 2) by colour.

The new 'filing system' has only been in place for less than a week ... still waiting to see just how well it will work out.

CapSea

quality posts: 54 Private Messages CapSea

I use what I like to call the "floor" method. What I do is I throw all my shirts on the floor, and then wear one when I feel like it. It's actually pretty useful.

xazothia

quality posts: 54 Private Messages xazothia

I keep my modest collection in a normal sized closet, sorted by color.

lonelypond

quality posts: 459 Private Messages lonelypond

Mine are slowly moving other clothes out of drawers so I've been half trying to figure out an alternate solution.

Like Poe? Of course you do, you're here ; ) Try my new mystery novel:

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird

I have surrendered my closet to woot shirts. All my closet clothes are now sitting on my kitchen table. Thank goodness I've never used it for an actual meal, I might miss it.

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

Heh, I feel less guilty about finally devoting one whole armoire drawer to t-shirts. 'Tis organized haphazardly, according to whatever comes out of the dryer in whatever order. Oftentimes I'll try a shirt on and decide against it for the day/outfit/mood, taking it off and and folding it back into the drawer, inside-out. Most of the drawer is unrecognizable, then.

KaylaJ

quality posts: 22 Private Messages KaylaJ
geekfactor12 wrote:Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

that's a pretty nifty idea. i should think about that though thanks to my stupidity i'd also have to write a note of which ones i have too. i have the 2nd largest bedroom, but the smallest closet so right most of mine are stuffed in some rubbermaid container wih a few in a drawer.

thewronggrape

I'm thinking maybe hanging would be best. Quicker than folding and easier to see. However, I'm worried about my t-shirts getting those "shoulder bumps" from hangers. Maybe I'll clip them on like a clothesline. Or continue with my smooshed pile method.

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

I try to put all my Woot shirts together on the shelf. Well, actually my wife does. She's a great woman.

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13

I have over 100 with woot, threadless, a couple teefury, a few dbh, a few tilteed and a tenbills. I hang all of mine so I can see them but sorted in color.

I use these giant plastic slowly rounded hangers from Ikea. They have softer curves to prevent shoulder nipples.

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10160050

They are the best thing ever for clothes!

Happy Beer.

thatrobert

quality posts: 29 Private Messages thatrobert

I have two rods in my closet -- one for t-shirts, one for everything else I own.

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
thatrobert wrote:I have two rods in my closet -- one for t-shirts, one for everything else I own.

Me too. Well, I actually have 3 rods, but if I put too much on one, it blocks a shelf. 1 rod has work clothes. I have 1 1/2 of the other rods crammed full of hanging tshirts. I have a sorting system, but it only makes sense to me.
I don't have a problem with shoulder bumps from the hangers...my problem is the shirts get huge wrinkles in them from being crammed together so tightly. I need to find a better way to store them. lol

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

ThunderThighs

quality posts: 617 Private Messages ThunderThighs

Staff

I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

FORUM MODERATOR
To contact Customer Service, use the SUPPORT form at the top of every woot page
••• ► Woot's Return Policy ◄ ••• ► Did you check your spam/junk folders for a CS reply?
CANCEL?? How to cancel your order in the first 15 minutes!! - except orders with Woot-Off or expedited items

jabberjaws13

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

wut iz ironing?

Happy Beer.

JesseBYAH

quality posts: 5 Private Messages JesseBYAH
geekfactor12 wrote:Mine are on shelves, arranged by color:

Good golly, man!

SailorButterfly

quality posts: 14 Private Messages SailorButterfly
jabberjaws13 wrote:wut iz ironing?

Is the thing I avoid doing by using Downy Wrinkle Releaser. LOL

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The "Most Awesome Butterfly-Sailor Hybrid on Woot"

thewronggrape

ThunderThighs wrote:I don't have nearly as many but they take over one section of my closet. I hang them. My hangers are big enough that I rarely see the shoulder humps. If so, they're easy to iron out.

I scouted out my linen closet last night and there's plenty of room to hang my t-shirts in there. I think I'll get a big lot of wide hangers on eBay. I tried hanging a few last night sorted by color and the geek in me loves the way it looks.

If I had the room in my apartment, I'd want one of those circular retail hanging racks. It'll be like a piece of art in the middle of the room. :-D

jabberjaws13

SailorButterfly wrote:Is the thing I avoid doing by using Downy Wrinkle Releaser. LOL

yeah i don't even do that. half dry them inside out on delicate, lay them out flat all over my bed, voila!

Happy Beer.