+ Add a Comment

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Grumble

Haha, great illustration. ^_^ +1

raebee

quality posts: 21 Private Messages raebee
artulo wrote:I tried a bunch of textures and none of them looked right. Since there's demand, I'll explore it again and put up a second version.

I only wish there was a good way to illustrate the fact that coconuts are non-migratory so that you'd have the best part of the joke on there. I love the idea of coconuts following some sort of migratory path. They all seem to end up in my rum and cokes is all I know.

Where do you find a Roomba? At the Innba!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan
Re: obviously youre dense

Return to the fog! please! +1

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
Re: Prism Jism

Yea, I think the problem was the reference to bodily fluids. Too bad because it's a funny idea. You might be able to salvage it though. You could dump the first rainbow and the equal sign(which is text anyway), and put a ray of incoming white light. Then it would be like the prism is straining to split the white light into individual colors. Because really, that can't be easy to do...

VOTE

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
Re: Gravity

I don't really see the gravity here...? Maybe I just don't get it?

mab299108

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mab299108
Re: The Evil Twin

Well done. Very creative, and the up-lighting on the negative pole was a nice touch.

VOTE

Darquis

Re: Frontier Physics

Oh yeah, I hope if it prints it goes under the name Trigger-nometry. Bad puns!

Darquis

radiomode wrote:physics as driving force behind tecnology and transformation (metamorphosis)

I really like the design, but I'm not sure I can give it a vote - it really feels like it's just a cool design that's tangentially related so it got submitted.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Random question...

How do you get your images as signatures? I tried coping and pasting the image link (with proper formatting) in My account > signatures, but it hasn't worked the last few weeks. Hasn't worked for me yet actually.

The only way I can get it to work is if I copy and past it each time at the end of my comments (like below) until a Mod auto creates the signature for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

[MOD: I fixed your signature for you. You were very close. You had the URL but not the IMG. Actually, you just needed to paste the code right above this note into your signature. You can see what I did if you go look at My Account.]

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
Re: Particle Party

What isn't fun about particle physics?

Darquis

cosmiccow wrote:Yeah. I think that to say this is a ripoff of Ramy's theft of deviant art printed in shirt form (http://shirt.woot.com/Forums/ViewPost.aspx?PostID=4053486) is unfair. It's a significantly different design. Designers on woot throw smiles on everything.

Except no one said that. It is similar though, which is what they were saying - and it's hard to deny that two smiling atoms are not similar to each other, at least similar enough that woot might think twice.

Do like the design, best of luck.

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

I have to admit, the DBZ reference is what made me vote for this shirt. If this prints, I will buy. Awesome work. :D

VaRissaRaptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VaRissaRaptor
Re: How to split an atom

This is how you split an atom with the force of nature... JAWS!

Muah!

MaliceKaiser

quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser
cosmiccow wrote:Very well drawn, but it comes off as one of those designs where you give it a title to make it fit the theme, rather than designing for the theme.

I agree. Great work, but in my opinion it's totally off-topic.

Lanec2035

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Lanec2035
Re: The Black Hole

I think my favorite part of this is the face of the star/sun. Great job, hope this wins.

VaRissaRaptor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages VaRissaRaptor
VaRissaRaptor wrote:This is how you split an atom with the force of nature... JAWS!

Duh-nuh.... Duh-nuh... Duh-nu...

Muah!

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

The public demanded it, so how can I not comply? Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Hope these look more like coconuts

Anyone wants some good laughs (and the joke behind the shirt), watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzcLQRXW6B0

Darquis

I'm not trying to pick on anyone here, but it feels like there are quite a few entries this time around basically have the name of something physicsy (like a quasar or fulcrum) and are barely related (if at all) to the concept they're supposed to convey. Which I guess is fine, since there weren't a lot of rules set down this time around, but I feel a little disappointed cuz I was hoping for some more...I don't know, physics based designs (too bad no text is in play, RESIST would have been nice to see resurface)

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Thank you all for the re-votes!

Uncompressed version here:

Darquis

artulo wrote:The public demanded it, so how can I not comply? Hope these look more like coconuts

Mucho better, IMO. I only hope check marks are left alone by the rejectonator.

loveshak

quality posts: 0 Private Messages loveshak
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

Apparently they can't grip it by the husk.

sandwichapocalypse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sandwichapocalypse
Re: Waterfall Gears

really cool design

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck

much better! definitely got my vote now! =D

Darquis

apeman wrote:My design is supposed to be two positively charged particles in love with one another but the nature of physics is not letting them be together (since likes attract in real life but repel in terms of electricity). The lines around the protons represent the electric field lines used to envision the electric field at any given point in space around the protons and oddly enough create the shape of a heart to emphasize their love. Although there is no “+” sign due to the no text rule this week, the arrows pointing away from the particles conveys enough information that these are indeed two of the same positively charged atoms. Thanks for looking and don't hesitate to vote!

I really think you should also submit the one where they're electronic/outliney (posted in the other derby thread)

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Re: Schrödinger's Cat

this is sick +1 from me but hopefully it wont get rejected because of the other Schrödinger's Cat shirt that woot sold

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw

I really wish the coconuts had texture to make them look like coconuts, fur/hair and all. They remind me of bowling balls.

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
megsck wrote:at first i thought your title said, "the legend of syphilis" which made me say, "what?" and click on it, which i then re-read and realized what it was!

I hereby request that the next derby theme be "Fairy Tales Based on STDs"

08riehlet

quality posts: 0 Private Messages 08riehlet
Re: The Black Hole

The hole is NOM-ing so hard!

Darquis

endangeredomega wrote:Not a fan of the 'modern' version, but I like the whimsy here. however, black on asphalt doesn't always show up well, particularly fine details. (See all the complaints regarding 'Nevermore' as an example.)

Personally, I'd wear the hell out of this on lemon.

Ew, not lemon! How about a nice heather? ;)

(brown would be my real vote, prehistoricy!)

jboshaw

quality posts: 10 Private Messages jboshaw
jboshaw wrote:I really wish the coconuts had texture to make them look like coconuts, fur/hair and all. They remind me of bowling balls.

Haha.. sorry, didn't mean to repeat everyone else! Need to learn to read previous comments before tossing in my own two cents.

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX

It does look better, hopefully it can make it up there.

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix

Schrödinger's cat in his famous quantum physics example realizes the idea of two possibilities both existing simultaneously and both being equally valid.

The cat in the box is both dead and alive.
But who knew that when the box was opened, both possibilities would still be true.

Schrödinger knew.

chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic

Haha. I didn't get the reference at first since I thought they were bowling balls.

This is great!!! Good job!

frogbrooks

quality posts: 0 Private Messages frogbrooks
artulo wrote:Well, you have to know these things when you're a king, you know.

Here is the promised second (improved?) version of the shirt:

yes, it is better

gentrys

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gentrys

I named my second child after doctor Emmett Brown and wanted to work him into a submission. I hope there are like minded people out there.

Re: Doc Albert Brown

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: obviously youre dense V2

Thanks Odysseyroc for the awesome paint job!

rockefoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockefoe
Re: Orbital Hoopla

aww...and Pluto was gone...

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
Re: obviously youre dense V2

Thanks for bringing me in on this one, Parrot. This was a fun team-up!

ahoac89

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ahoac89
Re: Spherical Chicken

A farmer noticed that his chickens were sick so he calls his friend who happened to be a physicist to help diagnose the problem. The physicist began scribbling madly on several notebooks. A few days later the physicist calls back and says "I have the answer, but it only works for spherical chickens in a vacuum."

rockefoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages rockefoe

you get a prize for referencing Monty Python!