zekecatz

quality posts: 201 Private Messages zekecatz
Re: Paradox Milk

Interesting concept but it may have trouble getting past the no text rule.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: The Solar System

So lovely!

Vote!

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, it does.

Fair enough...I didn't realise it was so strict!

No advertising, pls.

mikenytola

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mikenytola

Much better with the texture change.

On a totally coincidental, I just got The Holy Grail in the mail yesterday from Netflix. My gf had never seen it so I had to have her watch it. This shirt getting posted the same day, must be sign. GMV

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo
Re: The Solar System

So good! This *has* to win. +1

staffell

quality posts: 4 Private Messages staffell
ThunderThighs wrote:Yes, it does.

I don't mind if it's rejected on those grounds, but just for the record:

Text:
Linguistics . a unit of connected speech or writing, esp. composed of more than one sentence, that forms a cohesive whole.

That being, I'm not sure this does count as text.

No advertising, pls.

sogj

quality posts: 15 Private Messages sogj
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)

I'll be buying three if this wins!!! LOVE IT!

I refuse to answer on the grounds that I don't know the answer.

sogj

Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

Please take the text off and resub so you don't lose your votes! This is cool.

sogj

Re: Radiation Hazard

Hot topic anyone?

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: The Evil Twin

Thanks everyone! I'm hoping next week's derby doesn't require outside research to complete it

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
Re: Gravity

It's odd that I'm seeing this in the fog with vote total listed of 167 votes and also 10th place. They only have 2 designs rejected, both obviously deserving rejection and neither ever having seen the fog, so I'm sure this belongs in the fog. Woot has some kind of bug going on.

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
MaliceKaiser wrote:This is really cute and I LOVE the placement, but unfortunately I think that it is outside the printable area.

in the past woot has done hem placement like for example

Thank you fventz for showing me this link in the past helps me determine whats in woots range

Thank you for liking my design I appreciate it

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

staffell wrote:I don't mind if it's rejected on those grounds, but just for the record:

Text:
Linguistics . a unit of connected speech or writing, esp. composed of more than one sentence, that forms a cohesive whole.

That being, I'm not sure this does count as text.

Yes, it does. Woot rules on text seem to always have been interpreted as anything that can be found on a keyboard--in any alphabet (letter, number, symbol)--is text.
Also, you may have seen the definition right above the one you selected?
11. Printing.
a. black letter.
b. type, as distinguished from illustrations, margins, etc.

Josephus

Re: Paradox Milk

Paradoxically, I see no way that this can both make it past the rejector, AND keep the text all over the carton. You are going to have to decide which you like better: the textiness of it, or the derby-votefulness.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Triple Point

I learned this in Chemistry?

Siax

kylemittskus wrote:Thank you for showing the woot community that a similar (or in this case, identical) idea can be done in a COMPLETELY different style.

+1.

I agree and if it prints I will totally buy one!

Josephus

phahnleat wrote:The triple point is a temperature and pressure at which the three phases of a specific element are in equilibrium. This is an approximation of the triple point graph of a water-like substance.

Five colors on Heather Gray.

can we see a closeup of the transition colors? I can't figure out how there are only five colors, with 4 main colors visible plus what appears to be 3 different in-between colors. I'm guessing that there are just 2, but I can't see it well enough to differentiate.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar
Re: Time for your PHYSICal

LOL

I likee!

YinofYang

quality posts: 0 Private Messages YinofYang
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road V2

+1 again! I like the changes, makes it even more humorous.

SeedUvPain

quality posts: 10 Private Messages SeedUvPain
Re: Time for your PHYSICal

This is awesome. That is all

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost
Re: Cold Fusion

Cold fusion, the power of the stars at room temp, stars in jars, the holy grail of nuclear physics.

Collab with Bass

geekfactor12

quality posts: 11 Private Messages geekfactor12
Shoppingdingos wrote:wait.. didnt sisyphus push the boulder UP the hill.. then it rolled down..
looks like that dude is going down a hill, unless youre saying sisyphus went up backwards and straight legged..
the visual is bugging me.

Besides, I get the gravity connection. But its tenuous. Id even say off topic.

Sisyphus's stance is supposed to emphasize the struggle. When I'm starting to have trouble moving something heavy, I always flip backwards like that- of course, it's entirely possible I'm doing it wrong, because I suck at moving heavy things :P But yeah, the goal was to make it look like he's weak from effort and losing the battle, almost at the point of being crushed by this huge object.

I disagree that the gravity connection is tenuous- I'd argue that it's one of the most on-theme entries this week. Sisyphus's entire existence became a struggle against the forces of gravity- he literally had nothing left except the endless struggle of pushing against it. In many entries this week, the effect of physics is temporary- but for Sisyphus, it is unending and oppressive, dominating him.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

Sorry guys, but apart from the shiny ramyglow, I'm just not seeing the appeal of this one. (Then again, I'm more of a biology/theatre/comics geek, so if there's some big physics joke behind it I'm not getting, please explain.)

Knowing the crowd I hang out with, from any kind of distance, this will just be seen as just another Tony Stark chest-reactor design. :/

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
tjost wrote:Cold fusion, the power of the stars at room temp, stars in jars, the holy grail of nuclear physics.

Collab with Bass

Sw33t! :D

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Awesome! This woulda been awesome in the cities derby too :D

Would you kindly...

endangeredomega

Re: Gravity

Personally, I love the really 60s/retro vibe going here, and the grey & orange (am I seeing those correctly?) work really well together. Target logo -- not so much, imho, as the bullseye symbol has been around & in use by plenty of others before and since.

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road V2

Surprised this one is still lacking in votes; the textures are amazing.

Agree with a poster above, I know this has been resubbed, but a chicken probably would have been good for more votes; of course, I'd still buy are armadillo!

Siax

looks like the blue orb in the astroboy movie +1

LOLcommunism

This made me LOL really hard. :D

Would you kindly...

endangeredomega

Re: Nuclear Physics

Really nicely done. I feel like there's a wholly developed idea/concept/theme going on here (unlike some other entries this week), that's actually fully on-topic. There's also the clean & polished execution to take into account. +1

LOLcommunism

I'm sorry! I re-sized that pic and it keeps turning out huge! -_____-

How do I edit posts?

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Hey! Thank you for catching that mistake on mine <3

Yours is awesome!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

sogj wrote:Please take the text off and resub so you don't lose your votes! This is cool.

I agree with this! This shirts awesome ; 3; RESUBMIT!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Awesome job, hun!

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Very clever!

Would you kindly...

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

LOLcommunism wrote:I'm sorry! I re-sized that pic and it keeps turning out huge! -_____-

How do I edit posts?

If you are looking at your comment in the design-specific thread, click on "permalink" at the top right of your comment to take you to that comment's location in the general derby thread. At the bottom left of your posts in the general derby thread--next to "reply" and "tattle"--should be the text link "edit post." Click on that to edit your comments.

Also, please do not put the ad for your design in your comments. Ads for designs belong in your signature unless you are posting in your own design's thread. You can edit your signature by clicking on "my account" under your username at the top of the page, and then scroll down to the signature box. I have placed your ad in your signature for you. Please go see how it's done so that you may do it yourself in the future.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

czar21 wrote:Surprised this one is still lacking in votes; the textures are amazing.

Agree with a poster above, I know this has been resubbed, but a chicken probably would have been good for more votes; of course, I'd still buy are armadillo!

I thought armadillos were pretty well known as roadkill, but I guess it is just a southern/southwestern thing. Maybe a rocket deer would have hit that more universal sweet spot... hmmm...

Azroix

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Azroix
kylemittskus wrote:Thank you for showing the woot community that a similar (or in this case, identical) idea can be done in a COMPLETELY different style.

+1.

Thanks, though I have to admit I was worried when someone mentioned the first Schrodinger's Cat that woot sold. I hadn't seen it before and was hoping that it wasn't similar to my design. So happy it's not.

kiddhe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kiddhe

really cute! love it!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
endangeredomega wrote:shiny ramyglow

It is cold fusion, which is sometimes referred to as a 'star in a jar' or 'sun in a jar'. I made it look more star-like in the end. Here is a short article about the 'star in a jar' concept.

Stars are bright and do glow. As for shine, it is inside a glass jar. Glass reflects light so any light source will reflect and 'shine' off of the glass. ^^; Glow and shine are part of the physical nature of the objects depicted.