briansantamaria

quality posts: 0 Private Messages briansantamaria

Whoops! Obviously my swatch is wrong. There is no cream on this design. Just the shirt itself. :/
There are 5 colors: White, Black, Grey, and a blue and a rose.
Sorry.

ZMaiden

quality posts: 0 Private Messages ZMaiden
meh3884 wrote:I disagree. All of your connections are tenacious at best. On those grounds, you can technically relate anything at all to physics. Anything can be applied using physics (or chemistry, etc), it doesn't mean its inherently related to physics.

Even so, chaos theory probably was the best shot at connecting this to physics, but like you said, its only the title. The design itself a bad long shot. Circuit boards and physics? Like making a chemistry derby and submitting a shirt design with a piece of wood on it. Yes, chemistry is involved in the composition of wood. So yes, physical properties and laws must be obeyed when making a circuit board...as with everything in the world.

Physics is an integral part of engineering. Which is why failing my physics class screwed my computer engineering degree dreams forever.

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
meh3884 wrote:I disagree. All of your connections are tenacious at best. On those grounds, you can technically relate anything at all to physics. Anything can be applied using physics (or chemistry, etc), it doesn't mean its inherently related to physics.

Even so, chaos theory probably was the best shot at connecting this to physics, but like you said, its only the title. The design itself a bad long shot. Circuit boards and physics? Like making a chemistry derby and submitting a shirt design with a piece of wood on it. Yes, chemistry is involved in the composition of wood. So yes, physical properties and laws must be obeyed when making a circuit board...as with everything in the world.

Except chaos theory was a major part of at least one of my physics classes in college and another physics class was entirely devoted to electronics, including building a basic computer. Both are integral parts of a standard physics curriculum/degree.

csellke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csellke
byrbwr wrote:qtf.

Okay... I may sound stupid... but what does QTF mean? lol

hitch42hiker

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hitch42hiker
radiomode wrote:Electronics is part of physics

You can argue that everything is part of physics. If I made a t-shirt of a guy taking a dump in the toilet, I could say, "Oh there's physics going on there. See, there is biology, gravity, fluid dynamics (*flush*)

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus
D1C0M wrote:Well, I didn't put the perspective as seeing through the chest area for a couple of reasons.

First was perspective. I put the perspective as the reverse of what "X Ray Glasses" normally are. As if you were seeing into the head instead of out.

Second, it was actually part of a different and larger design than this one. For time constraints, I decided to nix the rest of it and just go with the glasses. For the record, this is what I was doing before I simplified it.

quite cool, this. the glasses looking at brains inside the chest, not so much. just kind of leaves me scratching my head.

marystogner23

quality posts: 0 Private Messages marystogner23
jasneko wrote:HUGE thanks to everyone in the pre-derby thread for all your help!!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Wormholed!

This needs some votes. Clever and well executed.

sokowa

quality posts: 3 Private Messages sokowa
indihar wrote:OK...I know it's not a "joke" if you have to explain it...

But go ahead and explain it to me anyway...

There's a basic thought that cows just can't walk down stairs. There are several theories out there as to WHY. (position of eyes, physically impossible, who knows).

It's just a shout out to that.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
csellke wrote:Okay... I may sound stupid... but what does QTF mean? lol

qft - which is quoted for truth (a quick way of agreeing with someone or bringing a point they mentioned to the forefront)

qtf - a typo of qft?

zosai

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai

Usedtabe & intrepidmanitou:

Thanks for your votes!

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

I'm... a little offended by the Stephen Hawking one...

Would you kindly...

CHeliz85

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CHeliz85
Re: Nuclear Physics

I definitely like, but I think it would look better in a pale gold or yellow on olive.

Darquis

solusumbra wrote:i dont think so. with all the excellent and unique designs that are already in the fog, this is one for the trash bin.

as funny as that quote might have been, it doesnt translate well into a shirt worth wearing.

No need to be rude about it - there are designs even in the fog that don't translate well into shirts worth wearing - and this is certainly a design which is unique. Some fogged designs aren't that different from ones that have sold on woot before (and no I'm not jumping on retro physics - there are others)

venturboy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages venturboy
Re: Nuclear Physics

This is absolutely amazing. The theme, the cohesion of the piece (i.e. the flower and the fruit and the tree) are all brilliant. Visually and thematically stunning, hands down most creative and striking piece I've seen on this site. And to do it all with one color! You, my friend, are amazing.

Darquis

paulkremer wrote:More dropping warheads...can we please stop with it?

lol.

We have 0 designs with warheads currently in print on this site. There are two with turtles and two with rock/scissor combos. Are they next? Did you really expect no one to go with a nuclear theme, considering it's a major branch of physics?

LOLcommunism

hitch42hiker wrote:You can argue that everything is part of physics. If I made a t-shirt of a guy taking a dump in the toilet, I could say, "Oh there's physics going on there. See, there is biology, gravity, fluid dynamics (*flush*)

Ehl oh ehl.

Would you kindly...

Darquis

SpazX wrote:Well it's at least in 8th place at this point (thanks to the weird 10th place being 9th thing). Maybe it can print. What the hell, if it prints I'll buy one, maybe I look good in yellow.

I figured out what this meant. lolderbyfail

You're in 7th for sure now, and I'm pretty sure sixth.

LOLcommunism

Its just a protoboard.... in the shape of a butterfly...

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

I GET IT NOW.

Took me a bit.

Very shirtable.

Would you kindly...

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
facemeetpavement wrote:i love the illustration. i mean a lot. but its makes absolutely no sense for it to be on a traffic sign. they don't make traffic signs about a house being demolished.

Bunnies don't wear penguin suits either, but that seemed to do pretty well for itself ;)

HeartlineTwist

quality posts: 1 Private Messages HeartlineTwist
oreocookiesp wrote:The text is not on the actual shirt. Notice the shirt on the bottom right. I can resub if you want without the text, but that's why I included the shirt to clear up any confusion.

I think = counts as text...and Woot already spoke anyway

Duddles86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Duddles86

I think this is doing well b/c there are a lot of science nerds on here (I'm a proud one!) and cold fusion is sort of a nerdy joke and cautionary tale among researchers. You may ask "who would wear a jar on their shirt?", but when you're in a lab there aren't many people around to see it anyway. :-D

meh3884

quality posts: 24 Private Messages meh3884
gwyn779 wrote:Except chaos theory was a major part of at least one of my physics classes in college and another physics class was entirely devoted to electronics, including building a basic computer. Both are integral parts of a standard physics curriculum/degree.

No, electronics courses are not standard parts of a physics degree. Building a basic computer is called computer engineering. And since I used to be a computer engineer major, I can promise that physics was not one of my required courses.

Like I said, you can apply anything to physics. I'll give you that you can relate chaos theory to physics, just as you can relate it to the weather or geology or chemistry. Chaos theory, however, is not a physics concept. Gravity is a physics concept, the laws of motion are physics concepts.

That's all beside the point, however, since

LOLcommunism wrote:Its just a protoboard.... in the shape of a butterfly...

This design has nothing to do with physics.

Proudly tracking via WootStalker.com

DianaSprinkle

quality posts: 105 Private Messages DianaSprinkle
Re: I lost my sock

This kitty may have lost his sock but thanks to the forces of static electricity it will be his secret friend for awhile. =]

Sorry I had this idea on Thursday but I had a hard time finishing it. I figured I'd throw it up anyway since I finally got it done.

SpazX

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SpazX
Darquis wrote:I figured out what this meant. lolderbyfail

You're in 7th for sure now, and I'm pretty sure sixth.

Lol, oh, well I wasn't sure if the "Eh?" was for that or the color...

I think it might have a shot at 3rd place, especially considering how quickly it seemed to shoot up into the fog, but if the gaps between the leaders are pretty big it probably won't make it there. The shiny jar seems to be getting popular too, which might seal its less-than-3rd fate.

Darquis

SpazX wrote:Lol, oh, well I wasn't sure if the "Eh?" was for that or the color...

I think it might have a shot at 3rd place, especially considering how quickly it seemed to shoot up into the fog, but if the gaps between the leaders are pretty big it probably won't make it there. The shiny jar seems to be getting popular too, which might seal its less-than-3rd fate.

Shiny jar has been bouncing in and out of fog, it's at 8th at most right now

gwyn779

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gwyn779
meh3884 wrote:This design has nothing to do with physics.

Ok, fine, I can't make a blanket statement that all physics degrees
require a course in electronics, but mine did. It was required, listed as physics, taught in the physics dept by physics professors. It was more about the theory and how to use the equations, but it was all about electronics. Even in high school physics, we played with making little circuits.

kbostrom

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kbostrom
Re: Orbital Hoopla

This is a fantastic design!

I recently took up hooping (for fun and exercise!) and just today my friends and I were pretending to be planets, spinning 3 or 4 hoops at once.
Hopefully I can wear this shirt to my next hoop class!

terminatorgir

quality posts: 9 Private Messages terminatorgir
Re: panda physicists play dice with the universe

i actually found the hawking one quite funny and clever. then again i also thing family guy is funny so, that probably says a little about what i will accept as funny

terminatorgir

i...just don't get it

terminatorgir

Re: Schrödinger's Cat

reminds me of invader zim. especially the tongue

JonGalt

quality posts: 0 Private Messages JonGalt

He wouldn't happen to be named Paul, now would he? That could explain alot...

LOLcommunism

DianaSprinkle wrote:This kitty may have lost his sock but thanks to the forces of static electricity it will be his secret friend for awhile. =]

Sorry I had this idea on Thursday but I had a hard time finishing it. I figured I'd throw it up anyway since I finally got it done.

LOL

Would you kindly...

terminatorgir

Re: Conservation of Demolition v2

i love it, maybe a diff color but the illustration is fantasticly clever

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
Re: Gravity Well

Disappointed this one isn't racking up the votes...

Hmmm... cat in the bucket? = PROFIT ;)

csellke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages csellke
Darquis wrote:qft - which is quoted for truth (a quick way of agreeing with someone or bringing a point they mentioned to the forefront)

qtf - a typo of qft?

Okay! I had saw that "quoted for truth" however... it didnt make sense to me because of the acronym was qtf ... but thank you !!!

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium

truffleshuffle

quality posts: 4 Private Messages truffleshuffle
Re: Monster Trap

The fun is catching!

Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: Physics 101

GMV! nice