Kelsium

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Kelsium
Re: The Sky Is Falling

gmv- I like the sky falling in square pieces.

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega
Re: Monster Trap

<3 <3 <3

I've been trying to humanely catch & release mice in my apartment for over a fortnight now. My set-up isn't nearly this cool (which is probably why it's not worked very well.)

Much love for the monsters, as ever.

Kelsium

Re: Double Slit Laser Barbecue

Wish more people understood what what going on in this shirt. Pretty cool. And now I want some BBQ. gmv

Kelsium

Re: Matter and Anti-Matter

Thanks for going out on a limb and changing up the placement. Being a chick myself, I really appreciate it. GMV

knickers22

quality posts: 0 Private Messages knickers22
plasmablaster wrote:The facial expressions are very good

This better win, it's the best by far! Then again, I'm not too worried, you usually place top 3. Great design!

Siax

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Siax
Kelsium wrote:Thanks for going out on a limb and changing up the placement. Being a chick myself, I really appreciate it. GMV

no prob and Thank you. I seriously did think of that (not saying you didn't believe me, I'm just stating the fact)

When I began with the placement it just didn't fit with the standard "middle of the shirt" placement and figured it out why in no time at all. Plus I thought the hem placement looked a lot better and works well with the situation...........IMO, I really would like to see more hem placements printed on woot

Kelsium

suzer22 wrote:I really love the coloring - the combination and overlapping of colors, with the black line drawing over top - but I'm afraid that all I see in this particular picture is a sitting butt.

same here....butt on a copy machine.

Kelsium

Re: I lost my sock

FLUFFY!!!

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

This is why you shouldn't put your cat in the dryer

lainalyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lainalyn

lainalyn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages lainalyn

[quote postid="4064919" user="lainalyn"]
LOVE IT!

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
Re: Escaping gravity

This is really tight and I would probably buy it. i like it a lot.
but if this counts as being on topic (and wins) then I'm the god dang king of england.

drgribb

Re: Gravity Well

dooope. nerd life

drgribb

Re: Know Your Quarks

lol @ top and bottom
too bad text isn't allowed. I would totally buy the text version, not feelin the nontext nearly as much

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism

I do love your monsters <3

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
megsck wrote:absolutely love this design on this color, pops so nicely! angry kittys are the greatest! nice job and good luck! =D

Lol... angry kitties are funny, but I try to keep mine non-angry;D Thanks so much megsck! =)

gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.

Hmmm. I kind of thought anyone who either has a cat or is at least familiar with the 'rub a balloon on something furry/hairy and it will stick' would get it pretty quick? I posted some videos of cats and balloons above if you want to check them out!

megsck wrote:and?

And cats rulez!;)

Vote!

swammi1203

quality posts: 0 Private Messages swammi1203
Re: Nuclear Physics

Simply phenomenal.

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
Johndis5 wrote:When I was young I always proclaimed my distaste for Pluto. Then they kicked Pluto out of the planet club. Coincidence? You decide.

Also, no text. Sorry

Distaste? Are you daft?!

No text.. BUT THIS PERSON IS A REBEL

FIGHT THE POWER MAN FIGHT THE POWER!

Would you kindly...

scottspurlock

quality posts: 0 Private Messages scottspurlock
Re: Maxwell's Demon

Maxwell's demon was a thought experiment from the 19th century proposed by James Maxwell as a way to violate the 2nd law of thermodynamics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_demon

gatormania31791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatormania31791
Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

You have underestimated our love of DBZ!

missile225

quality posts: 0 Private Messages missile225
thinksharp wrote:I don't know what's funnier, the loophole in using a bunny (sorry, rabbit) or the serious comments to a playful entry.

Thank you everyone for the comments. I must say I was surprised to see that everyone actually debated this thing. To anyone who's curious, google-image search "rabbit" and click the third one. But, believe it or not, I did actually at least convert it to six colors. I have no idea what gradients/dithering were involved though because I did this in about five minutes. And to the rejectionator, if you're still around, I figured you probably would throw this out somehow, but you did surprise me on the photo rejection, because I've submitted photos (actually my own, in the first cities derby) that didn't get rejected. Just wait 'til you see my next week's entry. Maybe I'll even bother to draw something. : P

Peace,
Lopato

icymallard

quality posts: 4 Private Messages icymallard

u should make out with jasneko.

just sayin

tvhead007

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tvhead007
Re: Nuclear Physics

completely original and made for this derby. i shall vote and i shall buy. keep up the good work

blanked

quality posts: 10 Private Messages blanked
Re: Particle Party

Like it better than your other entry for this derby (the on that looks like pacman), but fewer lines probably would have been better.

CVBrennan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages CVBrennan
Re: The Black Hole

I like this design a lot which is why I'm going to give my one criticism now.

The planet faces seem to be pasted on top of the planet's designs. The expressions almost seem like 2D sharpy (the pen) on 3D shapes. I think the sun looks good because the eyes and mouth are blended more with the sun's texture.

I really enjoy the design in EVERY other way.

blanked

Re: The Higgs boson will be our demise.

why is the black hole forming in the arctic instead of the Netherlands?

blanked

Re: Electric Spark Cat - ver 2

I'm on the fence about this one. The cat seems more sold than the wire posts unfortunately.

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: Electricity and Magnetism

Clearly both electricity and magnetism have a good relationship

apeman

LOLcommunism wrote:I think you'd be fool not to.

Its very cute.

Thanks LOLcom I really appreciate that.

apeman

Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

My cat would agree with these physical diagrams. Although a cat flying through the air appears random, it could be that they are just following the laws of cat physics... completely different from that for humans.

apeman

Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

My cat would agree with these physical diagrams. Although a cat flying through the air appears random, it could be that they are just following the laws of cat physics... completely different from that for humans.

wilmerton

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wilmerton
mab299108 wrote:Nah, It's well accepted that if the LHC were to create mini-black holes their mass would be far too low to endanger anyone, furthermore they would be so unstable that they would evaporate in a fraction of a second. O think it just makes for a humorous visual.

Ok, so it was actually intended that it is fun. Knowing it, I enjoy quite a lot the very twisted joke.

It's a pity : I would risk my life wearing this woot around my colleagues. :D It's difficult to be joking about serious political issues.

(to blanked: Geneva is not in the Netherlands but is definitively not is Greenland either, you got that right.)

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: Pulleys

I don't know a whole lot about the world of Physics, but I do remember learning about pulleys in school. I was really fascinated that a tiny person could pull a large weight just by adding more 'wheelythings' to the equation . It's one of very few actual memories I have of the class...most of the rest of the time I was drawing on my bookcovers... ^^;

Hope you enjoy this entry, thanks everyone.

(PS: Anyone battling tons of runtime errors on the site? Wow, it was like fighting alligators to submit to the derby tonight...)

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
Re: Pulleys

love it, very clever and SUPER cute! im gonna pretend that these are rats because they are much smarter than mice =)

love your style and your characters, your work continues to impress me! =D

(yes the site has been running HORRIBLE for me as well. its been slow ever since they were down for maintenance. hopefully they will fix the problem soon, i can barely get around the site as it is now.)

veemon147

quality posts: 0 Private Messages veemon147
Re: Cold Fusion

This reminds me so much of the Tommyknockers novel. Now all we need is a Tomcat with an extra gear.

irictor

quality posts: 0 Private Messages irictor

I love the picture, but I wish it was on a darker color shirt.

Entity17

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Entity17
Draug wrote:It's in a jar! :D Win!

someone lost their hater-ade on ramy/seki-ish designs. I await your snide post on their next submissions.

nice work anyway.

Nekkochan

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Nekkochan
Duddles86 wrote:Yay! You used the title! I wanted to say, I was looking at my kitty while she was sitting on the floor and I noticed the shoulder blade hump that makes the neck look off and I had to laugh b/c you are right that it was the true way a cat looks even if we think it looks wrong. Best of luck! you gmv!

All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

memphisjones

quality posts: 0 Private Messages memphisjones

LOLCOMMUNISM ::

I can tell we're going to be friends. The irony here is that I was going to suggest JOHNDIS may be a Communist, but you have assuaged my distrust of those behind the Iron Curtain as if you were the first kid to show me how to peak in at the animatronic Chuck E. Cheese band. For that I thank you.

JOHNDIS ::

Pluto never hurt anyone; it only wanted to be a part of something greater than itself. Pluto chooses Jimmy Dean Sausage for breakfast just like the rest of the solar system. You might as well steal its lunch money and knock its moons in the mud. Pluto was a planet for 76 years, and it did a great job, then science laid it off like a migrant factory worker. Science, however, does not speak for me. Pluto's fate should be decided by the people of Earth, not a group of white-coated robots sitting in an auditorium, chatting quietly about the bagel selection at the hotel's continental breakfast.

In my defense, I rasterized the type, so, technically, it is a highly organized field of color.

http://jhdep.com/

tangentreality

quality posts: 0 Private Messages tangentreality
Re: The Doppler Effect

Definitely the best design in this competition. I just love the colors! I hope it wins, and if it doesn't, definitely get it printed somewhere so I can get one! :D