TigerGoat

quality posts: 0 Private Messages TigerGoat
zosai wrote:I understand what you are saying, and thanks for the compliment, but my design is not merely visible, its content is light. The theme is light. In fact, it is entirely composed of rays and beams of light, made distinguishable by the particular phenomenon I was interested in, “crepuscular rays,” which usually occur at sunset brought on by shadows from clouds. The opening to the cave functions as the shadow-producing element in this case.

It’s true that I set out to make a design that was not “about” physics. I did not want a reference to the field itself, physicists, or other aspects that would create a self-referential meaning. I wanted something that would demonstrate physics in the natural world, something that physicists would study, but that wouldn’t be a model, a symbol, or something only found in a lab. Only a comparative few shirts in the derby are “about” physics (like the Phive Physibots, Cold Fusion, Retro Physics, e.g.), the rest feature something physical that physicists would study. Mine is no different. Thanks again for your feedback.

+1

The shirt is beautiful, and it makes as much or more sense than any of the other shirts in this derby. With physics being such a broad sweeping and poorly understood discipline, almost nothing that is actually related to real physics is considered "physics" by the general public.

I personally think its a great shirt and hope it gets printed, although with some of the shirts that are more aimed at this particular group of buyers, I am concerned that it wont. So it goes. Good luck in the future!

TigerGoats roar for grass.

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
apeman wrote:So your mice are really cute but... why are they trying to lift the cheese up in the first place??? I like how your shirt really demonstrates the utility of having knowledge!

The one on the left is demonstrating the pulleys for a future snack heist :D.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
Re: Pulleys

This is one of those rare times I'd like the old 4-in-the-fog format to watch how this does. It should be close.

Darquis

quality posts: 27 Private Messages Darquis
TigerGoat wrote:+1

The shirt is beautiful, and it makes as much or more sense than any of the other shirts in this derby. With physics being such a broad sweeping and poorly understood discipline, almost nothing that is actually related to real physics is considered "physics" by the general public.

I personally think its a great shirt and hope it gets printed, although with some of the shirts that are more aimed at this particular group of buyers, I am concerned that it wont. So it goes. Good luck in the future!

I like the design, don't get me wrong but "as much or more sense than any of the other shirts in this derby" is just untrue. I don't want to get in a big debate or argument about how related this shirt might be to physics, but there are certainly shirts which are more related to physics than this. The two Schrodinger's cat shirts, for one, and the quarks shirt for another.

jfhartel

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jfhartel
Re: Nuclear Physics

awesome. I really like the newton reference. definitely the best in the fog right now. i think it'd make a great poster too.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
Entity17 wrote:someone lost their hater-ade on ramy/seki-ish designs. I await your snide post on their next submissions.

nice work anyway.

I'm confused...you quoted me. Was this comment then directed at me? D: Why am I not allowed to like a glowing jar? It's definitely different than anything else I've seen on woot in a while...

I <3 jars! \^_^/

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

megsck

quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
mitchellp wrote:oh wow! Someone has been watching too much DragonBallZ

you can never watch too much DBZ! =D

CaptainWes

quality posts: 102 Private Messages CaptainWes
paigeg wrote:Definitely not something I could wear, I'm afraid. Being female, I'd feel like a walking mammogram.

Don't buy it then.

meghanekane

quality posts: 0 Private Messages meghanekane
smirksy wrote:Was waiting for something like this. Physics geeks and musical theatre geeks should hang out more.

Would possibly like it more without the fence and ground portion. I think it would be a tighter design.

I agree with smirksy. Also, the head is awkward. Just need a ponytail with the hat covering her face?

LOLcommunism

quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
megsck wrote:you can never watch too much DBZ! =D

Darn tootin!

Would you kindly...

drgribb

quality posts: 4 Private Messages drgribb
bevo22 wrote:I know that some of us nerds need smart Ts so that we can feel superior to people who don't understand math and science. I work in IT. In college, I took upper level physics classes. You shouldn't have to explain the t-shirt to me.

Congratulations. Were you expecting a gold star or something?...

I thought the explanation was fine.

LOLcommunism

drgribb wrote:Congratulations. Were you expecting a gold star or something?...

I thought the explanation was fine.

LOL

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Re: Happy Physics

Hah, sweet. I love the design poppin out of his head.

I wish you would have tried to blend good ol frankenstein into the shirt more though.

Would you kindly...

bradenmcg

quality posts: 8 Private Messages bradenmcg
Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)

The tail looks just a little too long for the size of the cat, at least in the last frame of the "animation". Still a great shirt though, GMV.

Doonyal

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Doonyal
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots

I really love this shirt, i had voted for some other shirts but when i saw this one i voted for this one and took my other votes back. I WANT THIS SHIRT!!

Exohdus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Exohdus

I do love your works com, they typically give me a much needed guilty laugh when I'm at work and stressed.

But I gotta admit, most of them aren't wearable for me. This one I could see myself wearing if not for the color. I'm with Amy, I refuse to ever wear a creme colored shirt regardless of how epic the print is.

zombiekim

quality posts: 1 Private Messages zombiekim
Doonyal wrote:I really love this shirt, i had voted for some other shirts but when i saw this one i voted for this one and took my other votes back. I WANT THIS SHIRT!!

This. If the "Static Electrikitty" wins and the "Phive Phamous Physicists" doesn't, I'm going to scream.

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote:All y'all must have fatter cats than I do. Himself is 6.5 lb. and looks more like the cat in the current version! Then again, perhaps his excessive fuzziness simply hides it.

Now I just want to know how to get a version of the shirt with the animation happening...

LOL. Excessive fuzziness could definitely mask the curve:D
I was going to say 'maybe one day' to the shirt with an animation, but then I saw below!

ruf1o wrote:http://www.geeklabel.com/lcd_tee.php

Crazy, hehe.

Duddles86 wrote:Dems fightin' words! :-D My cat is ~8lbs at 3 yrs old but very small and slim. Its only a certain angles where you would notice it.

Jw... do you feed your cat? :-D

Hehe. The question is... what do they feed this cat?

midnight0000 wrote:I like the idea but somehow the fact that the cat is yellow bothers me

Hmm well thanks... the color is actually not supposed to be yellow, but an orangey color. Kind of like this guy/gal.

mitchellp wrote:This seems like a winner!

GMV

Good job jasneko

Here's hoping!=)
Thanks mitchellp!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
optimusjimbo wrote:so black and white count as colors then...okay.......... thud thud thud

In this case, yes, because woot has to use those inks.

kelmar13

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kelmar13
specsmachine wrote:Check your private messages.

Would it be possible to get it as well?

Awesome shirt! I will be buying this one for sure. Also not digging the yellow, but I can see why it was chosen and think it fits it well.

Panda bacon

LOLcommunism

zombiekim wrote:This. If the "Static Electrikitty" wins and the "Phive Phamous Physicists" doesn't, I'm going to scream.

LOLLOLOL

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism

Exohdus wrote:I do love your works com, they typically give me a much needed guilty laugh when I'm at work and stressed.

But I gotta admit, most of them aren't wearable for me. This one I could see myself wearing if not for the color. I'm with Amy, I refuse to ever wear a creme colored shirt regardless of how epic the print is.

THANK YOU! That makes me so happy and fuzzy inside. :3 I hate serious shirts. )<

Aw darnit. Maybe you can reconsider? ): I will admit cream isn't my favorite color either, but it looked best with the design. @___@

Thank you for the compliments and criticism though, I'll have to work on my shirt designs in the futre's wear-abilities! :D

Would you kindly...

jasneko

quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Mass X Acceleration

Love the elephant pile. Very nice Lucky!

shyrichie

quality posts: 0 Private Messages shyrichie
Re: DOUBLE RAINBOW PHYSICS ALL THE WAY!

Topical, but few will know what the hell it means. I love it!

LOLcommunism

shyrichie wrote:Topical, but few will know what the hell it means. I love it!

I'm glad someone does. Thats all that matters! ^ -^

Would you kindly...

Lachryma

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lachryma
Re: Nuclear Physics

I especially like the M14, it's very detailed.

mjc613

Re: Mr. Physics

Unless you own the rights to this photo, woot can reject your two entries.

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
Re: Pulleys

Haha, I like this. I don't usually go for cutesy designs, but this one's really interesting.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: Orbital Hoopla

I love this design!! It's cute and fun while being a little intellectual at the same time +1!

jabberjaws13

quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
Re: Cold Fusion

mmmmmm....cold fusion.... elisabeth shue was so hot in that movie....

Happy Beer.

Papaya79

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Papaya79
Re: Cold Fusion

Wow, this piece really shows off both of your versatility as artists. This is an extremely striking piece of work, and your collabs just keep getting better! Congrats to both of you on an extremely successful derby!! +1

jomichar

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jomichar
bassanimation wrote:The one on the left is demonstrating the pulleys for a future snack heist :D.

Ha!

czar21

quality posts: 1 Private Messages czar21
Lagbert wrote:Planck's Constant

The plank doesn't change no matter what time it is. Therefore the plank's constant *ba-dump-ching*

The clock faces read 7:02, 6:06, and 9:36. The first 9 digits of Planck's Constant are 6.62606896

6.62 -> 6:62 -> 7:02
606 -> 6:06
896 -> 8:96 -> 9:36

Hope you guys and gals get a kick out of it.

You could have put MS Paint rectangles as boards and I still would have voted solely because of the hidden constant in the clocks...

laurel861

quality posts: 0 Private Messages laurel861
Re: KEEP PLUTO A PLANET.

"Science" did not vote out Pluto. Pluto IS still a planet. Only four percent of the IAU voted on this, and most are not planetary scientists. Their decision was immediately opposed in a formal petition by hundreds of professional astronomers led by Dr. Alan Stern, Principal Investigator of NASA’s New Horizons mission to Pluto. Stern and like-minded scientists favor a broader planet definition that includes any non-self-luminous spheroidal body in orbit around a star. The spherical part is important because objects become spherical when they attain a state known as hydrostatic equilibrium, meaning they are large enough for their own gravity to pull them into a round shape. This is a characteristic of planets and not of shapeless asteroids and Kuiper Belt Objects. Pluto meets this criterion and is therefore a planet. Under this definition, our solar system has 13 planets: Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Ceres, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto, Haumea, Makemake, and Eris.

mbiibm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbiibm
gwyn779 wrote:Also, as this is only my second derby, I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks!

It's a little hard to make out that the image is from within a particle accelerator. Either way, better than anything I could come up with.

mbiibm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mbiibm
gwyn779 wrote:Also, as this is only my second derby, I would appreciate any comments/suggestions. Thanks!

It's a little hard to make out that the image is from within a particle accelerator. Either way, better than anything I could come up with.

mjc613

Re: Quantum Confinement

I guess your PhD wasn't in reading directions.

bluetuba

quality posts: 58 Private Messages bluetuba
Re: Monster Trap

I really like this! I love the horn to chicken to falling egg part the best, lol

"You can't just dress a Minion like Spock, and add a caption that says "Logical Me". There's a prison for people like that. Below my house."

yankeebird

quality posts: 7 Private Messages yankeebird
optimusjimbo wrote:so black and white count as colors then...okay.......... thud thud thud

FYI, that box is there because it's the dimension in which your design must fit. It can't be over the edges at all because woot can't print designs any larger than that.

Which color did you mean for this to go on? If it's heather gray, there's a special template for that which you must use. Also, your thumbnail must appear to be on the same color as the shirt design. Currently, your thumbnail has a white background but your shirt isn't on white.

I hope you don't feel I'm picking on you, I'm just trying to let you know where you made a couple errors so you know for future derbies.

sextonftw

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sextonftw
Re: Escaping gravity

This shirt is really attractive in a lot of ways, but I don't know if it will print. :-\