loaba


quality posts: 27 Private Messages loaba
Mekora wrote:This is an amazing shirt. The only thing I don't like is that it's on yellow



I agree, even creme would be better. I wonder how it would look if the color scheme was reversed (yellow on black)?

loaba


quality posts: 27 Private Messages loaba

A space-themed shirt that's not black? That is worth voting for.

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
loaba wrote:I agree, even creme would be better. I wonder how it would look if the color scheme was reversed (yellow on black)?



I think maybe the artist might have been going for that radioactive symbol kinda feel

If so, I'm diggin it.

I'm not that big on yellow shirts either, but I can't really see it in any other color.

Would you kindly...

loaba


quality posts: 27 Private Messages loaba

Well, at least he's not in a speedo...

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: Cold Fusion


Oooooh.....shiiiinyyyy...

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: a simple question of weight ratios (v2)



This ones an obvious winner. I mean, how could this fail? great choice of color too. Love it.

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: Phive Phamous Physibots



Even I can name them all at a glance. great work!

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
kylemittskus wrote:Dear Woot:

I don't necessarily disagree with your rejection and I understand your reasoning. However, how this shirt is still allowed is beyond me. UNLESS... the aforementioned shirt may/is going to win and your goal is to make money without regard for fairness, art, or logic.

Sincerely,

An extremely disappointed customer, less because of the rejection and more because of a realization I was naively hoping wouldn't come.



Agreed.



Would you kindly...

sharkswithlasers349


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkswithlasers349

I love this design. While most people are saying that it doesn't relate to physics, I disagree: The whole "you could make anything relate to physics" argument is garbage, because while the presence of light allows you to see a shirt and therefore involves physics(like someone mentioned), this shirt's design actually incorporates light into the design.

As someone who loves physics, this derby got me really excited, and it turned out to be extremely disappointing. This was one of 3 designs to receive my vote (none of which are in the fog, by the way), and I'm quite irritated that it's getting so much hate; I'm sure that the designs that win will not be immediately recognizable as physics related, so there's no reason for this design to be shunned simply because it involves actual art as opposed to another bunny.

All in all, this is a great design; let me know if you submit it for printing somewhere else, as I'll definitely vote for/buy it.

sharkswithlasers349


quality posts: 0 Private Messages sharkswithlasers349

This is a wonderful design; if you decide to submit this elsewhere for printing, let me know; I would definitely vote for/buy it.

Lagbert


quality posts: 1 Private Messages Lagbert
Re: Planck's Constant


Thanks everyone for all the comments, compliments, and votes!

apeman wrote:great idea to use the clocks as hidden text & really nice texture lines on your planks of wood


Thanks apeman! I'm glad to hear you like the wood texture. I spent a large part of the design time developing a method of making it look real using only vectors.

Thanks LOLcommunism, czar21,alranth, and apeman!

I know the clocks are a little obtuse, so thanks for supporting my work around for this weeks no text rule.

wizardofkitty


quality posts: 0 Private Messages wizardofkitty
mitchellp wrote:oh wow! Someone has been watching too much DragonBallZ



Pshaw. DBZ is a vital part of childhood memory to anyone who grew up in the 90's.

thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Solar System





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Gravity





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Pulleys





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road V2





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Planetary Revolution





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: Gravitational Pool





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


thatrobert


quality posts: 23 Private Messages thatrobert
Re: MCMXXXI





  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.


BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
megsck wrote:please, im not saying that you have to be coddled but im sure, "your design is a bit boring, maybe trying this, or that. also i dont think your colors work maybe try this or that." is better than, "your t-shirt sucks! i wouldn't wear that in a million years! also you are a talentless hack who only draws easy things, try something harder why dont you!"

so if you prefer someone insulting you rather than giving you straight forward respectful criticism, than yay for you, most people including me, as an artist, would prefer it the other way.



I think that someone saying, "This design sucks, you're a talentless hack!" is as helpful as someone saying, "This design is awesome, you're so talented!" I value both equally.

I just figure that sometimes people don't know what they like or don't like about something. They just know that it sucks (or doesn't). And if I weren't ok with the "this sucks!" comments then I shouldn't be ok with the "this rocks!" comments either, right?

Edit:

megsck wrote:"your t-shirt sucks! i wouldn't wear that in a million years! also you are a talentless hack who only draws easy things, try something harder why dont you!"

I actually think that comment is pretty constructive. What I'd get from it is the person is suggesting that I branch out and quit doing the same shizzle over and over. The fact that it's insulting and hostile just shows me how strongly they feel. But like I said, I'm pretty thick skinned and insults don't really offend me.

Edit Again: I guess the point I'm trying to make is that you can't really control how other people choose to express themselves, but you can control how you take it in.


e3m3m3i


quality posts: 0 Private Messages e3m3m3i

I like the shirt and the idea; however, I am just concerned about how it might look on a female. The whole curve of the waves and where it's located on the shirt...

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Re: Planetary Revolution

I really like the style and colors to this... there is something that keeps drawing me back to look at it again! Really great

Vote!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Cold Fusion



Oh, in all the hub-bub I forgot to comment about this design itself: IT SUCKS! ;)



(actually I think you guys did a great job on the artwork. Color me impressed. I agree with the people who say they wouldn't wear it on a shirt, but only because it's not my style. I don't see anything inherently unwearable about it)


jabberjaws13


quality posts: 2 Private Messages jabberjaws13
specsmachine wrote:It did: here and here.



i should have been clearer, i meant a walmazan "three amigos" tee.

Happy Beer.

jasneko


quality posts: 30 Private Messages jasneko
Nekkochan wrote: I have a friend who thinks I have the world's most high-maintenance cat, between his immunotherapy shots, his special diet, all the pills he's on... but he's paid me back with over 16 years of constant devotion. And shedding on everything I own, but that's not really payback. I can't buy creme Woot shirts because he's black... only dark colors for me!

Awww I'm with you Nekkochan - the love and happiness kitties bring is well worth taking care of them <3, even when it gets more involved by health trouble (I've experienced something similar).

emeraldchickpea wrote:You are very welcome. And contrary to what I usually do, this is the only design I'm voting for this week!


Gee, thanks! I have to say, there are quite a few great designs in the fog so it feels like it could be any design's derby - so Static Electrikitty thanks you too!

imsochady wrote:Baahahaha, love the title!

Hehe it is a good one - thanks to Duddles86 when I was posting it pre-derby!

cryptarius wrote:I WANT THIS.

Hope you get a chance!

Vote!

BootsBoots


quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Re: Physics of a Falling Cat (resub)



I really like this one. The simplicity is nice and I dig the color scheme.


LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
czar21 wrote:Disappointed this one isn't racking up the votes...

Hmmm... cat in the bucket? = PROFIT ;)



LOLLLOL

I agree

Would you kindly...

LOLcommunism


quality posts: 0 Private Messages LOLcommunism
BootsBoots wrote:I really like this one. The simplicity is nice and I dig the color scheme.



I'm glad SOMEONE likes the color.

Thank you <3 n 3n

Would you kindly...

MaliceKaiser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

Thank you so much everyone for the nice comments! Very much appreciated!

czar21 wrote:GMV, although unlike a couple others; I'm not a fan of the colors (mainly the baby blue wavefronts), although if you could have found a way to go red/blue with the shift (in front of or behind the source) I would have nerdgasmed. ;)


You know, I actually messed around with the color red in this design and for whatever reason I ended up with baby blue/yellow combination. Thanks for the critique though, and of course the compliments. Much appreciated! ^^

MaliceKaiser


quality posts: 0 Private Messages MaliceKaiser

thanks so much for the comments and critiques everybody!

sharkswithlasers349 wrote:This is a wonderful design; if you decide to submit this elsewhere for printing, let me know; I would definitely vote for/buy it.



Thank you so much! Perhaps I will do something with this and find somewhere else to submit it after this derby. If I do I will definitely let you know!

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
thatrobert wrote:

  • Congratulations on winning a Best Loser Award!
  • This is not SPAM.
  • Winning a BLA does NOT mean this shirt won't print -- I'm hoping it does.
  • Your one and only gift is this crappy little badge in your shirt thread. Enjoy.
  • See those girls they're heaven blessed -- I guess it's so they know best.



Thanks. I am proud to earn the title of best loser


mjc613


quality posts: 47 Private Messages mjc613
gyro8891 wrote:Without the derby context and the title overhead, this shirt would just be a cat and a balloon.



I'm glad someone else pointed this out. I happen to like cats, and I love my own cat, but I can't see wearing this.

When I wear a woot shirt and people ask where I got it, I love it. I don't like it though when people ask for an explanation, unless it just makes them look silly. (Like explaining the Say No to Scurvy shirt! "What does it mean?" (get a dictionary) "Is there an outbreak of scurvy somewhere?" (you gotta be kidding me). This looks like a shirt that will require explaining, and that's not my thing.

Jasneko - I love the color combination, and the cat's face is perfect. This just isn't the shirt for me.

chumpmagic


quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Re: Planetary Revolution



Thanks LOLcommunism and jasnek. Im glad you enjoy it. I'm pretty darn proud of this one. It will probably make it to my website.

Thanks again. Your positive feedback is always motivational!


dwgriffiths411


quality posts: 0 Private Messages dwgriffiths411
mjc613 wrote:Tell me, why do people like you keep posting the same thing over and over when you know it will never print? If you really want this to print, why not just put it on Cafepress? What is your motivation?



I know that you must be joking when you say posting the same thing over and over. You must be aware of variations on a theme. Do you have something against people with glasses or those who sport stylish hair growth? Thanks for the Cafepress tip.

megsck


quality posts: 6 Private Messages megsck
BootsBoots wrote:I think that someone saying, "This design sucks, you're a talentless hack!" is as helpful as someone saying, "This design is awesome, you're so talented!" I value both equally.



i think you are confusing criticism with appreciation. "this design is awesome, you're so talented!" is someone appreciating someone else's work. they have no problems with that design and would like the artist to know that they like their stuff. but someone saying, "you design sucks i hate it!" is not a CRITIQUE it is just someone expressing their dislike for the piece without offering any constructive criticism back. This is the point im trying to make. A CRITICISM will always be helpful, but being RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL will never be helpful.

EDIT: being thick skinned as nothing to do with anything, sure some people can take things other people cant but the point is to be respectful and to be helpful.

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: What Goes Up...



Excellent.

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
Re: Nuclear Physics



So awesome...just wish it weren't pee colored.

viciousspike


quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike
CHeliz85 wrote:I definitely like, but I think it would look better in a pale gold or yellow on olive.



Yellow on olive sounds fantabulous! Do it. DO IT!!

zosai


quality posts: 1 Private Messages zosai
megsck wrote:A CRITICISM will always be helpful, but being RUDE and DISRESPECTFUL will never be helpful.



I think this is really well stated, megsck. I agree.

rayray099


quality posts: 6 Private Messages rayray099
Re: Nuclear Physics



Utterly awesome; I immediately thought of the 40s and fall out shelters, "Duck and cover, children!" Excellent execution and a complete, well thought out theme. It does evoke lots of emotion, which is sometimes hard to convey with so little. Kudos! +1