quality posts: 0 Private Messages missile225

Cool concept. Good stuff. : )

I also have an atomic relationship one.
(see below).

GmV.

Meredythe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Meredythe
Re: a simple question of weight ratios

Are you suggesting coconuts are migratory?

cosmiccow

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cosmiccow
capedcrusader514 wrote:Very good, but I'm assuming the monkey landed at some point...

Oh, oops. That link was supposed to go to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Monkey_and_the_Hunter.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 218 Private Messages Spiritgreen
Re: Escaping gravity

Elegant and fun all at the same time, and you really made those colors go a long way.

Sweet!

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
cosmiccow wrote:From our good friend Wikipedia: "In essence, the problem is as follows: A hunter with a blowgun goes out in the woods to hunt for monkeys and sees one hanging in a tree, at the same level as the hunter's head. The monkey, we suppose, releases its grip the instant the hunter fires his blowgun. Where should the hunter aim and when should he fire in order to hit the monkey?"

Yes, of course the monkey hits the ground eventually. But at that point, we are no longer talking about the physics problem, we're talking about a dead monkey going splat. I'm currently in school for Aerospace Engineering, and nothing about your design makes me think of the classic thought experiment. The "hunter" doesn't have a gun, so he just seems like a slackjawed old dude in stereotypical safari gear who walked up on a gorilla (which is not a monkey, by the way) who happens to have a random dark sticking out of it. NOTHING about this embodies the idea of taking a shot at a monkey the instant that it lets go of the tree, which is what the problem is about. Nothing about it seems to embody physics at all, which is what the theme is about. Maybe it embodies awe and horror, but not physics.

He does have a gun it's not pointed up bc he shot a while ago and this is his "Oh The Strangers (2008)moment". Look at the detail.

You've missed the joke of the shirt. It's obviously not a monkey, that's the point, he shot at a giant gorilla.

Apparently we disagree on how this demonstrates a physics problem. It's a joke, it's not to be taken to the letter of the experiment although I feel I've covered my bases. This would hardly be funny or interesting if I showed the monkey in the tree with the hunter aiming at him.

Congratulations on your schooling.

cosmiccow

Re: Nuclear Fusion-HA!

I don't usually like cutesy designs like this, but I really like this one.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o
Re: Static Electrikitty

Watch A Pissed Off Cat

Let's go Duke!

bassanimation

quality posts: 98 Private Messages bassanimation
Re: peer pwethure

Hahahaha I love this!! I don't think you needed the two in the background, but seriously, this is hilarious! +1

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: Grumble

Foiled again!

I hope this doesn't represent your frustration at trying to please demanding critics in the derby thread...

Spiritgreen

Re: Classic Monkey and Hunter... Problem.

Haha! Brilliant size and scale, and the expressions are perfect. This might be your best design.

G.M.V.

stingray69

quality posts: 4 Private Messages stingray69
Re: obviously youre dense

Too bad there's no text. I think it would be funny to label the little ball "You".

Spiritgreen

Re: Frontier Physics

Thanks guys! I nearly gave up on this a couple of times... but it got there in the end. Like the eponymous bullet, I guess. :p

Spiritgreen

Re: butterfly effect

Awesome design!

apeman

quality posts: 0 Private Messages apeman
Re: The Atoms Family

haha awesome idea! The addams' are great! and so is physics

cosmiccow

capedcrusader514 wrote:He does have a gun it's not pointed up bc he shot a while ago and this is his "Oh The Strangers (2008)moment". Look at the detail.

You've missed the joke of the shirt. It's obviously not a monkey, that's the point, he shot at a giant gorilla.

Apparently we disagree on how this demonstrates a physics problem. It's a joke, it's not to be taken to the letter of the experiment although I feel I've covered my bases. This would hardly be funny or interesting if I showed the monkey in the tree with the hunter aiming at him.

Congratulations on your schooling.

Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to be snide. And my bad, I didn't see the rifle.
It's a good design all in all, the drawing is very good...I get the joke, I understand the point, I just think it's a stretch to say it fits the problem, or the theme.

capedcrusader514

quality posts: 1 Private Messages capedcrusader514
cosmiccow wrote:Haha, sorry, I wasn't trying to be snide. And my bad, I didn't see the rifle.
It's a good design all in all, the drawing is very good...I get the joke, I understand the point, I just think it's a stretch to say it fits the problem, or the theme.

Certainly understandable.

cosmiccow

truffleshuffle wrote:Here's wikipedia's explanation of the twin paradox:

Twin Paradox

I like the drawing style! I think it works great as a comic, not sure about as a shirt, but I like it.

fishbiscuit5

quality posts: 37 Private Messages fishbiscuit5
Re: I'm smarter than the gravity

I really like the perspective on this. Nice!

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

LOL! You can take the boy outta Texas, but you can't take Texas outta the boy! GMV

mjc613

Re: The Physics of Crossing the Road

LOL! You can take the boy outta Texas, but you can't take Texas outta the boy! GMV

cosmiccow

Re: Gravity is FUN! But also hurts ):

You are nothing if not consistent with your designs.

llklocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llklocke

i would say more like frontier geometry

cosmiccow

Re: Gravity

It looks like a Christmas ornament.

bassanimation

Haaaa this rocks!!! (wow I suddenly mistyped and got a 'degrees' sign, neat!) Err..back to the awesome! I love your cartooning, Spirit. Also, this joke is perfect. I had a similar idea that I was going to try, but dude...can't compete. +1!!

Also, kickazz for cowboiz.

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
stingray69 wrote:Too bad there's no text. I think it would be funny to label the little ball "You".

I think the text title may have helped.

The real irony is yesterday I was debating that I didn't want text this week. Go figure.

apeman

Re: COWABUNGA

Great choice with the navy it really makes your colors pop! Is that a person surfing or just part of the foam surfing its own wave?

endangeredomega

quality posts: 37 Private Messages endangeredomega

At least Cowboy #2 probably didn't die. Thanks to the Mythbusters, I seem to recall learning that after a few ricochets, a bullet loses enough energy & speed so that it's no longer lethal?

bassanimation

Re: obviously youre dense

An other great joke, Parrot! This is also great, +1!

parrotworks

quality posts: 16 Private Messages parrotworks
bassanimation wrote:Hahahaha I love this!! I don't think you needed the two in the background, but seriously, this is hilarious! +1

Thanks Bass. Did I miss your entry?

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc
apeman wrote:Great choice with the navy it really makes your colors pop! Is that a person surfing or just part of the foam surfing its own wave?

It's supposed to be foam and water. Like the wave is surfing itself.

llklocke

quality posts: 0 Private Messages llklocke
radiomode wrote:physics as driving force behind tecnology and transformation (metamorphosis)

What does that even mean?

apeman

Re: peer pwethure

lol this reminds me when harry licked the ski lift pole in dumb and dumber... except that wasn't exactly peer pressure, just stupidity. I agree that I don't think you need the two magnets in the back but really clean design and nice colors!

mjc613

Re: The Black Hole

This would be great for Halloween

thegeekywife

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thegeekywife

Orange is a color that I don't see very often. Thanks for not using slate or navy!

mjc613

Re: Escaping gravity

The colorwork on this is jaw-dropping great.

apeman

Re: Strong Attractive Force

o_O sexy wrinkles

thegeekywife

Re: butterfly effect

I love the design, but I've already got so many shirts in this color. :-/

apeman

Re: The Black Hole

Kinda looks like a very large gastly pokemon, likin the blue swirls

cosmiccow

Re: Elements, enlarged

Interesting design, but I'm not really sure what's supposed to be going on here.

thegeekywife

Re: Retro Physics

Seems like, if people are arguing about your shirt, you must have done well. GJ.