just1guru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages just1guru

Would it be possible to have it as higher quality please, I really like it and I would like to use it as wallpaper!

bloodypenguin

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bloodypenguin

First woot. Sick design, had to buy.

aliminx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliminx

Those of you who don't like this design would be kind to allow those of us who do a respite from the usually more cutesy designs of late. Nothing wrong with cute and funny, but occasionally it's nice to see a design like this. Not everything has to be cute.

tabaddon

quality posts: 9 Private Messages tabaddon
bloodypenguin wrote:First woot. Sick design, had to buy.

Welcome.

aliminx wrote:Those of you who don't like this design would be kind to allow those of us who do a respite from the usually more cutesy designs of late. Nothing wrong with cute and funny, but occasionally it's nice to see a design like this. Not everything has to be cute.

I like cute stuff too, but @aliminx said it well. It's awfully nice to mix it up a bit. I've been starting to feel shirt.wooted-out lately.

Be quicker of mind than of tongue.
Opinions are not advice, nor directives.
The world is not limited by your limited experience.
I'm not better than anyone else, and neither are you.

aliminx

quality posts: 1 Private Messages aliminx

Got the shirt today and the print is beautiful.

What isn't beautiful? The HOT NEON YELLOW shirt.

Come ON. I never would have bought this if I had known it was this crazy yellow. The color in the image is a WAY more subdued shade of yellow, and I believe it was being called "Mustard".

This is the brightest, hottest yellow in the color wheel. NOT COOL.

EDIT: It was advertised as lemon, and I'll suck it up. Still wish the graphic would show something at least similar to the actual color of the shipped shirts. Today's shirt, for example, is on a "lemon" shirt, but the graphic makes it look anything but "lemon".

nikobelikstan

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikobelikstan
niftydrumdude wrote:Apparently he wasn't selected for Vault 101

Not only that, but he is probably overencumbered by his suit and out of ammo. Score one for the nearest vicious dog

Cacho9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cacho9

If anyone has this in Men's Large, I would be interested in buying!

otterific design, something like a must have!

I had not seen that day's post so I missed out on it :@!!

applecakes

quality posts: 0 Private Messages applecakes

I liked the design on-screen, but didn't notice the "warn" effect until after receiving the shirt... Why would you ever make new shirt look old by design?!

Cacho9

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Cacho9
applecakes wrote:I liked the design on-screen, but didn't notice the "warn" effect until after receiving the shirt... Why would you ever make new shirt look old by design?!

If you have it large and don't want it, I'll take it! :D

LarryLars

quality posts: 65 Private Messages LarryLars
aliminx wrote:Got the shirt today and the print is beautiful.

What isn't beautiful? The HOT NEON YELLOW shirt.

Come ON. I never would have bought this if I had known it was this crazy yellow. The color in the image is a WAY more subdued shade of yellow, and I believe it was being called "Mustard".

This is the brightest, hottest yellow in the color wheel. NOT COOL.

EDIT: It was advertised as lemon, and I'll suck it up. Still wish the graphic would show something at least similar to the actual color of the shipped shirts. Today's shirt, for example, is on a "lemon" shirt, but the graphic makes it look anything but "lemon".

No way would I call this hot neon yellow. Out of all the woot shirts, the yellow shirt is probably one of the closest to its graphic color. You got to look at your monitor head on when viewing these shirt woot graphics. Wander a few degrees and the graphic does indeed look more like a subdued shade of yellow (pass the mustard, please ).

!

Have you checked your Private Messages lately?

tabaddon

@aliminx, @LarryLars, I wonder if the shirt's gender matters. I almost always buy womens shirts for myself here, but this time I bought a mens. It's definitely what I'd call "lemon chiffon" and is a little nicer (but not brighter or darker) than Woot's mockup, IMO. Definitely not 'neon' or 'mustard'. I love the design; too bad it was reckoned so quickly, or I'd buy another in womens.

I'm thinking of Threadless - how sometimes they'll have a mens shirt in one color and the womens shirts in a slightly different color. Here's an example. Maybe that's what happens with some Woot shirt colors.

tabaddon

applecakes wrote:I liked the design on-screen, but didn't notice the "warn" effect until after receiving the shirt... Why would you ever make new shirt look old by design?!

It's warning you about nukes! Kidding aside, that worn look is called 'distressed' and it's a design choice like anything else. It's usually used to soften and lighten up visual bulk. If you haven't noticed, the distressed look has been pretty popular since the 1970s, and is bigger than ever now. I think it works very well with this design as it's a damaged, post-apocalyptic scene. In my opinion, it would look too 'fresh' without it, and I probably would not have bought it.

venturboy

quality posts: 4 Private Messages venturboy

This shirt is amazing, definitely one of the best woot shirts I've seen or have.

hagiasophia

quality posts: 0 Private Messages hagiasophia

Is there any way I can purchase this?

goldenthorn

quality posts: 38 Private Messages goldenthorn

Volunteer Moderator

hagiasophia wrote:Is there any way I can purchase this?

As I responded to you in the derby thread, this shirt has been reckoned. That means it is no longer for sale and will not be for sale again for a very long time, if ever. But you can always try these options for obtaining it. It might take a while (a long while), but if you're patient and persevere, you just may get it, eventually.