chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

I guess I don't understand all the criticism here. It's a quality satire that pays respect to the design and form of the original.

And it has a GUITAR with ARMS. What more do you want?

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 207 Private Messages Spiritgreen

For just $120 extra dollars, you can buy the plastic guitar peripheral that goes with Guitar Hero: Air Guitar.

(Ohh, it's coming. Start saving now.)

hardrockinmofo

quality posts: 1 Private Messages hardrockinmofo

I wouldn't even spend $10 of my hard-earned air money on this weak Woot!

angelbabi523

quality posts: 11 Private Messages angelbabi523

you can wear this shirt to the US air guitar championship

samuraiflip86

quality posts: 0 Private Messages samuraiflip86

anyone know if you can get Woot shirts in different colors? I looove the designs on here but im looking for more white tees. if I could get todays on a white or grey shirt i'd buy it, I just have so many good woot tees in black that i'm looking to buck the trend.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
PapaMidnight wrote:I disagree. If this doesn't sell out by noon, I'll honestly be surprised.

Noon? This shirt will not come close to sniffing a sell out.

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Not bad for a black shirt. It may even sell out today.

ruf1o

quality posts: 15 Private Messages ruf1o

Let's go Duke!

MadamAtom

quality posts: 7 Private Messages MadamAtom
ruf1o wrote:

Okay, that's awesome.

samuraiflip86: Nope, the shirt color is the shirt color--no variants. As far as I know, Woot has never given a color choice.

spicyflavor

quality posts: 5 Private Messages spicyflavor

For those who don't get it.

PaperJoe

quality posts: 0 Private Messages PaperJoe

I was a really big MJ fan when I was kid, and I love playing guitar as well(even though it's about air guitar, lol).

That's why I love this shirt, and I am totally down for one!

joshuajmasters

quality posts: 0 Private Messages joshuajmasters

This is a very clever shirt, and the blog is awesome!

valorandvellum

quality posts: 5 Private Messages valorandvellum

Congrats on the print, Phil!

Discoshrew

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Discoshrew

Not really a fan of the shirt, but i do appreciate the Jack white reference in "this shirt tells the world"

svjc0817

quality posts: 0 Private Messages svjc0817

I'm a Air Guitarist and i must say thank yo for finally giving us some recognition. RULE THE AIR!!!!!

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv
samuraiflip86 wrote:anyone know if you can get Woot shirts in different colors? I looove the designs on here but im looking for more white tees. if I could get todays on a white or grey shirt i'd buy it, I just have so many good woot tees in black that i'm looking to buck the trend.

I think you can only get it in the color they offer. Sorry.

hockeyham

quality posts: 2 Private Messages hockeyham

Me.

mattlscc

quality posts: 34 Private Messages mattlscc

Nice colors, but I would never where it... think of all the people stopping you on the street wanting you to do a performance right on the spot. That's no life for me... Thanks, but no thanks.

yuppicide

quality posts: 3 Private Messages yuppicide

Agreed with the others. Worst shirt ever.

viciousspike

quality posts: 2 Private Messages viciousspike

I think this shirt is lllame. There's nothing wrong with air guitar, but the shirt is overall weak. I expected more from you Woot!, much more.

pbandito

quality posts: 11 Private Messages pbandito

Shirt doesn't do much for me, but the Carl pic did. Oxirane's typed-out monologue from that scene was the icing on the cake. :D

aXio

quality posts: 0 Private Messages aXio

Probably the worst woot shirt ever. Just plain horrible.

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

Vulpecula wrote:The GNR one seems to be Welcome To the Jungle. I'd have gone with Sweet Child 'O Mine, personally.

I thought about that, but there's just something about the way the first VOWDITTY VOWDITTY VOW can make an audience go crazy. Also, bemis269, thanks for noticing the air slide.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

drizzo4shizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drizzo4shizzo

Great Shirt!

Wait, is this "Wayward Son" by Kansas or Barracuda by Heart or what?

kvn

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kvn

I think the third one is the solo (or one of the solos) from Carry on Wayward Son.

drizzo4shizzo wrote:Great Shirt!

Wait, is this "Wayward Son" by Kansas or Barracuda by Heart or what?

drizzo4shizzo

quality posts: 3 Private Messages drizzo4shizzo
kvn wrote:I think the third one is the solo (or one of the solos) from Carry on Wayward Son.

Well then we're probably both wrong because I meant the first one.

I *must* know what this is.

krabykarl

quality posts: 1 Private Messages krabykarl

I bought it simply for its condition.

SimbaDC650

quality posts: 0 Private Messages SimbaDC650

its noon and look at that not sold out.

bradtab

quality posts: 1 Private Messages bradtab

Does anyone else look as this and instantly hear "I WANNA ROCK" by Twisted Sister? ^_^

loaba

quality posts: 31 Private Messages loaba

Okay, so, uh, it's like almost 4 o'clock Dallas-time, and this thing is still available. I guess some of you are surprised by that.

PsychoticSpoon

quality posts: 3 Private Messages PsychoticSpoon

I can see the resemblance, but what do you guys have against Duke, the Java mascot?

Slydon

quality posts: 17 Private Messages Slydon

Staff

drizzo4shizzo wrote:Well then we're probably both wrong because I meant the first one.

I *must* know what this is.

Read the comments! Also, there's a hint in the bio if it helps.

Hi, I'm one of the writers. My powers are limited but I'll do what I can.

godmadesky

quality posts: 10 Private Messages godmadesky

In for 1!

Now, I just hope it gets here before I release my album "Covers: A Collection of Everyone Else's Hits."

What are we holding on to, Sam?
That's there's some good in this world, Mr. Frodo, and it's worth fighting for.

cspanick

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cspanick

I normally wear a medium at American Eagle and a small at Polo. The sizing chart is confusing me, what would be the equivalent size here?

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
loaba wrote:I think you should prepare to be surprised, 'cause thing is not gonna sell out by noon. It might be the worst woot shirt ever.

Indeed. Excuse me while I go remove my foot from my mouth.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

Rippid07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rippid07
Radien wrote:I'm going to have to agree that the 80's Nike reference isn't all that clever. I got the reference immediately, but I initially thought I was mistaken, because it's just not that funny. Maybe 20+ years ago, when I was on the playground....

Why does a reference have to be funny to be quality? I submit that it does not.

AdderXYU

quality posts: 38 Private Messages AdderXYU
Rippid07 wrote:Why does a reference have to be funny to be quality? I submit that it does not.

I would argue that most of the best shirts aren't overly funny. So I'm with you there.

But this is unarguably meant to be a humor shirt. The parody is supposed to be funny, as I'd say most parody is. So in the case of a shirt like this, a large part of the quality measure MUST be one of humor.

Rippid07

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Rippid07
cspanick wrote:I normally wear a medium at American Eagle and a small at Polo. The sizing chart is confusing me, what would be the equivalent size here?

I'd say a medium would do you just fine. They're a touch on the small end of the medium spectrum.

inod3

quality posts: 6 Private Messages inod3
Radien wrote:I'm going to have to agree that the 80's Nike reference isn't all that clever. I got the reference immediately, but I initially thought I was mistaken, because it's just not that funny. Maybe 20+ years ago, when I was on the playground....

I think I actually owned a pair back then and didn't "get it" til reading the comments. I guess for some a t-shirt can be an ice breaker. If people have to ask you to explain it you've got a conversation going.

gatormania31791

quality posts: 0 Private Messages gatormania31791
cspanick wrote:I normally wear a medium at American Eagle and a small at Polo. The sizing chart is confusing me, what would be the equivalent size here?

i get medium at those stores and i got medium at woot.. its close fitting but not tight