kevinholtwoot

quality posts: 1 Private Messages kevinholtwoot

I agree with

eco2geek wrote:So why is it that we can't have 4th and 5th place derby winners? No disrespect meant, but the artwork coming from the derbies has been a lot more interesting than the dailies lately.

But I disagree very much with your explanation of your pun, which just defeats the pun and kills the joke, no matter how lousy the pun may be (puns are rarely un-lousy)

Ohai

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Ohai

Ugh, I hate fanboys.

lonelypond

quality posts: 374 Private Messages lonelypond

It's a free laugh on a hot night...authentic looking foam finger green at least.

New Blink Kitty Love comics

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

I can't decide which shirt is worse: yesterday's or today's.

number37

quality posts: 0 Private Messages number37

You all know we will be getting this one not to mention yesterdays when woot offers the random shirts again.

alirich11

quality posts: 1 Private Messages alirich11

Why's the design of the fan from the 1950's? Foam fingers weren't invented yet. Shirts like this help me save money.

wavecaster

quality posts: 0 Private Messages wavecaster
MathUhhhSaurus wrote:I don't get the manatee-zeppelin thing?

explanations?

OblivionAngel

quality posts: 7 Private Messages OblivionAngel

I see what you did there Woot.

3blackbelt3

quality posts: 4 Private Messages 3blackbelt3

Wearing this shirt is pretty cool and refreshing.

Porgery

quality posts: 1 Private Messages Porgery

And for those who still might not get the reference:

Hindenburg disaster

wavecaster wrote:

eco2geek

quality posts: 51 Private Messages eco2geek
gyro8891 wrote:I have a friend who really likes Lady Gaga. I'd get this for him, but I have better things to do with my money than enable bad habits.

If Lady Gaga had become a nun, that's exactly what she'd wear.

We have met the enemy and he is us. -- Pogo

ciarlar

quality posts: 8 Private Messages ciarlar

I just noticed that the fan is smiling. It makes me hate this shirt even more.

heyokasd

quality posts: 1 Private Messages heyokasd

The writeup made me laugh really hard, and that almost makes me want the shirt.

Almost.

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 197 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Yeah, -great- write up.

I almost really like the shirt but I could do without the face and the color of the foam hand is a little bit jarring for me.

Nice idea!

mdnorman

quality posts: 50 Private Messages mdnorman

I don't get it... Why does this fan have only one arm?!

advael

quality posts: 1 Private Messages advael

This really needs to be hidden away somewhere.

I think I have a fan-attic specifically for situations like this.

Josephus

quality posts: 25 Private Messages Josephus

explanations?

When that zeppelin burned up over New York in the 1920s, or whenever it was, the guy (or woman) who was filming the landing before it started to burn (and after) uttered the immortal line "oh, the huge manatees"* leading to continued speculation that manatees had in fact produced the explosion, and may well have been the first home-grown terrorists in the US. It spawned six different films, with the latest being the classic Oliver Stone epic "Zeppelin". It also inspired the national chain of fire grilled hamburgers "Hindenburger's" (where they give out free hydrogen filled balloons with their kids' meals).

*or possibly "Oh, the humanity" in which case, never mind.

dahctorworm

quality posts: 0 Private Messages dahctorworm
skatimmy737 wrote:A marvelous use of the Microsoft Word clip art library.

To me, it looks like they just hastily filtered this image and drew in an arm and face...

http://www.retro.net/keywords/Vintage_GE_Fan/Vintage_GE_Fan_1.jpg

Oldknave

quality posts: 15 Private Messages Oldknave
Enedlhach wrote:For those of you who don't get it:

Often times when people enjoy or root for a certain team or person, the use the word "fan" to describe them selves. Often times someone who is a quite fanatical fan of something will claim to the be the number 1 fan. This shirt is a simple play on words in which an actual fan, that would be used for blowing air onto you, is masquerading as a live object that is the number one "fan" of something. It's funny because a fan is a fan.

and you actually thought it was neccisary to explain this?

ISUdoubleE

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISUdoubleE

Must belong to Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen. He was #1!

PapaMidnight

quality posts: 4 Private Messages PapaMidnight
CaptainWes wrote:It would not be a stretch to say this shirt blows.

Nor would it be one to say that this shirt sucks, depending on your perspective.

6 years bag-of-crapless and counting...

joe43wv

quality posts: 14 Private Messages joe43wv

This shirt blows me away.

genericsmith

quality posts: 15 Private Messages genericsmith

Ah fans before people worried about safety... I bet the blades were even razor sharp.

A perfect way to cool down after a hard day walking to school 10 miles / uphill both ways / in a foot of snow / on fire / being chased by dinosaurs... right before your parents put you to work in the coal mine / made you slop the pigs / sliced you in half with a bread knife.

I wonder how many people lost fingers, limbs, and/or vital organs to these beasts before they starting "sissifying" fans.

Munchy Attack If you can find the name of this artist & real song title I'll buy you a daily woot shirt (your choice what day)

Dystopia Dark Lager, Where the Wild Parties at?, B.A. Bearacus, and many more wanted in XXL(PLEASE!!!)
Edgar Allen Poe shall remained headlock'd until Nevermore is reckoned.

Draug

quality posts: 69 Private Messages Draug
dahctorworm wrote:To me, it looks like they just hastily filtered this image and drew in an arm and face...

Um...yeah. Wow. How depressing. D:

The enemy's gate is down.
Writers are people too! (Albeit strange ones.)
Save Poe! Reckon Nevermore! Or he'll be head-locked forevermore!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 36 Private Messages BootsBoots
Josephus wrote:When that zeppelin burned up over New York in the 1920s, or whenever it was, the guy (or woman) who was filming the landing before it started to burn (and after) uttered the immortal line "oh, the huge manatees"* leading to continued speculation that manatees had in fact produced the explosion, and may well have been the first home-grown terrorists in the US. It spawned six different films, with the latest being the classic Oliver Stone epic "Zeppelin". It also inspired the national chain of fire grilled hamburgers "Hindenburger's" (where they give out free hydrogen filled balloons with their kids' meals).

This is how I've understood it, yes. And I'm pretty much an expert on everything. ;)

loaba

quality posts: 26 Private Messages loaba

Boy, that #1 Fan is a real cool breeze.

loaba

quality posts: 26 Private Messages loaba
Draug wrote:

Um...yeah. Wow. How depressing. D:

As a skilled Photoshop image thief, I can tell you that, if the designer did a import that image into PS, then they did a heck of a job making it their own. That's a craptastic low-res image, so again, if they filtered it, then they really cleaned it up. Nice work, says I.

IndependentVik

quality posts: 11 Private Messages IndependentVik

Whatever, I _like_ visual puns. All the haters can . . . suck it? Yeah, I'll go with that one.

just1guru

quality posts: 0 Private Messages just1guru

reading all your comment, one expression come to my mind...
"The excrement made physical contact with a hydro-electric powered oscillating air current distribution device".

chrisprender

quality posts: 312 Private Messages chrisprender

Call me crazy, but I think the world needs more puns.

MBrulla

quality posts: 12 Private Messages MBrulla

Thankfully this isn't an animated shirt, otherwise you'd see that with the foam finger covering the plug there is no power to the fan.

So no, this fan does not blow, nor does it suck.

It does nothing. Much like what the shirt does for me.

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
Enedlhach wrote:For those of you who don't get it:

Often times when people enjoy or root for a certain team or person, the use the word "fan" to describe them selves. Often times someone who is a quite fanatical fan of something will claim to the be the number 1 fan. This shirt is a simple play on words in which an actual fan, that would be used for blowing air onto you, is masquerading as a live object that is the number one "fan" of something. It's funny because a fan is a fan.

If you don't get it most likely you'll end up wearing the shirt backwards or upside down.

OuijaBoy

quality posts: 0 Private Messages OuijaBoy

explanations?

I believe a reporter onsite at the Hindenburg disaster pointed out the huge manatee at the time.

Little known fact: manatees hate hydrogen-powered airships so much they'll swim up to NJ from the everglades to destroy them.

Kuragari

quality posts: 6 Private Messages Kuragari

There's gotta be better shirts than this. I mean who buys shirts with bad visual puns? Ram-bo sold 7 shirts? How many will this sell? I'm guessing #1.

parktron

quality posts: 1 Private Messages parktron

"Wear this shirt: With some padding underneath it. Because people are going to want to punch you.

Don’t wear this shirt: Around anyone who looks like they punch hard. Because you’re going to get punched."

Haha awesome. Great write up today.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
chrisprender wrote:Call me crazy, but I think the world needs more puns.

Call me crazy, but I think the world needs more metal fans.
\m/
::air-guitar riff::

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

Advocatus

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Advocatus

I wish we could get this as a tech fabric shirt... I'd wear it to every race I run.

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201

Wow, the shirts here have been really disappointing lately. At least it's saving me money.

Fish tanks shaped like military tanks! - I've got that shirt from Threadless.

Peanuts characters recreated using actual peanuts! - I think I've seen that before.

Christopher Walken wearing cowboy boots with a caption saying “These boots are made for Walken!” - I'd buy that.

sdkammer

quality posts: 28 Private Messages sdkammer
CaptainWes wrote:It would not be a stretch to say this shirt blows.

Ahh...but if you're BEHIND the guy wearing it...it sucks.

kjrehberg

quality posts: 2 Private Messages kjrehberg