pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
pooflady wrote:

mmmm looks good! If you have any left send me one please.

In the end only kindness matters

pooflady

Iceback wrote:mmmm looks good! If you have any left send me one please.

Sent them home with the granddaughters. However...still have half a bag of peanut butter cups and half a bag of cherry kisses and some Halloween Oreos.

The biggest lie that I tell myself daily..."I don't need to write that down, I'll remember it."

dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

We went to the cider mill and got apple stuff.
Apple cider
Apple cake
Apple turnovers
Apple jelly
Apple pie
Apple slushy

So far we drank the slushy and ate the turnovers.
Both were great!

Damn, forgot the candy apples!
Oh well.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:We went to the cider mill and got apple stuff.
Apple cider
Apple cake
Apple turnovers
Apple jelly
Apple pie
Apple slushy

Both were great!

Oh well.

I love apple pie and turnovers...as long as they don't go crazy with the cinnamon. I find just a hint more than enough, it should not be the overpowering flavor.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
dontwantaname wrote:We went to the cider mill and got apple stuff.
Apple cider
Apple cake
Apple turnovers
Apple jelly
Apple pie
Apple slushy

Both were great!

Oh well.

no road apples?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:no road apples?

Oh, yeah, 3 types of apples.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:I love apple pie and turnovers...as long as they don't go crazy with the cinnamon. I find just a hint more than enough, it should not be the overpowering flavor.

Tiny apple pie. Which is fine, since there are only two of us. Must be 4 pieces.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Hi all! Mom made it in. Her plane ride was smooth & no problems.

Ready to go shopping tomorrow. YAY!

Iceback

dontwantaname wrote:Oh, yeah, 3 types of apples.

When I was a kid we used to go to an orchard and pick our own apples, a whole bushel. By Christmas we were kinda sick of them.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Sent them home with the granddaughters. However...still have half a bag of peanut butter cups and half a bag of cherry kisses and some Halloween Oreos.

Those looked bloody!

I want to make some pumpkin bread tomorrow. If we aren't too tired from shopping that is.

Edit: silly filter!

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

kdccrosby wrote:Hi all! Mom made it in. Her plane ride was smooth & no problems.

Have fun!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote:Have fun!

Plan on it.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Hi all! Mom made it in. Her plane ride was smooth & no problems.

Before last night did she tell us her mom was coming in?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Before last night did she tell us her mom was coming in?

I think so.
My brain turned off a year or so ago, so I can't be sure.

Might be going to sleep.
Might not...oh, you guys know the drill.

I would like the grumpy among you to notice, I left the thread open over 100 pages. So you have nothing to gripe about.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

kdccrosby

I think I said she was - but I was so busy last week trying to finish a project and get ready to go on vacation, that I might not have mentioned I was taking vacation!

Mom is here for a week. We are going to shop. I'm going to finish my back bedroom and decorating.

Also going to the Kema boardwalk to eat seafood one day.

kdccrosby

dontwantaname wrote: So you have nothing to gripe about.

I can always find something to gripe about!

always!

LP?

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I think I said she was - but I was so busy last week trying to finish a project and get ready to go on vacation, that I might not have mentioned I was taking vacation!

Mom is here for a week. We are going to shop. I'm going to finish my back bedroom and decorating.

Also going to the Kema boardwalk to eat seafood one day.

I don't think so. I was surprised about the vacation reference a day or so ago, too. Obviously not paying attention to the rules.

Have a great time with your mom. Tell her we said hello.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:I don't think so. I was surprised about the vacation reference a day or so ago, too. Obviously not paying attention to the rules.

Have a great time with your mom. Tell her we said hello.

I will.

I think I was scared something was going to happen to screw up my vaca, so I didn't talk about it much to keep away the jinx.

She was here when hurricane Rita came through. And was scheduled the week after ike.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:I will.

I think I was scared something was going to happen to screw up my vaca, so I didn't talk about it much to keep away the jinx.

She was here when hurricane Rita came through. And was scheduled the week after ike.

Uh-oh. We're supposed to have high winds the next few days, but no hurricane. This will get all the leaves off the trees.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:Uh-oh. We're supposed to have high winds the next few days, but no hurricane. This will get all the leaves off the trees.

Well the tropical depression out there scared the crap out of me when it turned into a named storm.

but even if it goes in the gulf it isn't going to get near us. So then I felt better.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:Well the tropical depression out there scared the crap out of me when it turned into a named storm.

but even if it goes in the gulf it isn't going to get near us. So then I felt better.

So is this your sister's mom, too?

Edit: I know that sounds SPOOKTACULAR!. There's a reason.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:So is this your sister's mom, too?

Edit: I know that sounds SPOOKTACULAR!. There's a reason.

It's not SPOOKTACULAR! in my family. Because no - this is my mom but not sister's.

My step-mom that lives in Costa Rica is sister's mom. But I get to share her too.

My sis, mom, sis's kids & I will have dinner this week. We are all basically family.

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:It's not SPOOKTACULAR! in my family. Because no - this is my mom but not sister's.

My step-mom that lives in Costa Rica is sister's mom. But I get to share her too.

My sis, mom, sis's kids & I will have dinner this week. We are all basically family.

That's really neat.

kdccrosby

pooflady wrote:That's really neat.

My Dad & sis/bro's mom got married when sis & I were abuot 7/8. It's what we have known our whole lives basically.

Actually, I took Dad & Step-mom's divorce when I was 28 harder than mom & dad's when I was 6.

I didn't suddenly 'lose' the family I had my entire life (step-grandparents, aunt uncle cousins, etc). noting changed except Dad & step weren't married and I just had an extra parent to juggle for the holidays.

Sis and I decided a long time ago it was SPOOKTACULAR! to keep my mom so separate. So when mom visits she sees sis & her family. A few years ago we even went to step-mom's house before she moved.

kdccrosby

going to sleep.

night!