dontwantaname

quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:yes. Hours suck though. It's going to be hard on the kids to go back to zombie grampa.

Gee, if he wanted bad hours and not much money, he could have gone into journalism.

OK, hubby will want to do something tomorrow, I guess I should go to sleep

See ya!

Did version1 decide on the blue hair? Wouldn't that last way too long, unless it is a rinse or something that will wash out.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

KtCallista

quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
dontwantaname wrote:Gee, if he wanted bad hours and not much money, he could have gone into journalism.

See ya!

Did version1 decide on the blue hair? Wouldn't that last way too long, unless it is a rinse or something that will wash out.

hahahaha my dad is severely dyslexic. I don't think journalism would be a good move.

Right now she puts in a blue clip each day. I'll let her dye it if she wants though, I think it's a good color for her.

Beware the V'owls screech!

pooflady

quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.

When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman

quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby

quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning everybody.

Hope everyone fares okay with Earl today/tonight/tomorrow

kdccrosby

We had to let someone go in my dept yesterday. There are 4 positions that file monthly sales tax returns each month for 8 companies.

1 position is open because the person left last month for a better job and a cut of an hour off her commute

1 person is still fairly new and has the 2 easiest companies

1 person is going to have a baby in the next couple of days. We have a contractor in place to cover her two companies.

1 position is open as of yesterday.

Looks like the two other managers and myself will be filing some sales tax returns instead of just answering questions and problem solving (me) and reviewing (them)

pooflady

kdccrosby wrote:We had to let someone go in my dept yesterday. There are 4 positions that file monthly sales tax returns each month for 8 companies.

1 position is open because the person left last month for a better job and a cut of an hour off her commute

1 person is going to have a baby in the next couple of days. We have a contractor in place to cover her two companies.

Looks like the two other managers and myself will be filing some sales tax returns instead of just answering questions and problem solving (me) and reviewing (them)

In addition to your normal workload, of course.

Morning everyone.

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer

morning all.

Erin's car broke a serpentine belt yesterday so she had no power steering, alternator, etc.

Had to drop it off this morning because I didn't want to mess with getting that belt looped through all of that crap. Hopefully that won't set me back too much.

pooflady

M-i-l day. Later.

lplady

quality posts: 2 Private Messages lplady
pooflady wrote:I don't think I'd have gone for $40 each.

I'm curious as to if they give out a certain number of free dinners at each location on the wine night and some others there pay. Or if all people get it free at some locations while other locations charge the customers. Next time I go I am going to ask about it. I never received any notice in my email and my brother didn't either so not sure if my location isn't having it, it'll be later or if it's only sent to a few people.

Morning PWA, just a fast pop in to say hi and poof, I'm gone. Have a good day all.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken

Morning all!

pooflady wrote:This is where the annual water balloon fight takes place. I'm not sure how or why this started but it was at least 30 years ago. Most of my generation would just as soon stay out of it, but it seems the next generation (our grown kids) isn't real interested so it's up to us to do it for their kids, who really look forward to it. After going through at least a hundred water balloons, then they just grab buckets and pails and anything else that will hold water.

You might be interested in trying one of these. Saw some the other day at a store (target? walmart? forget where) and thought it looked like it might be great for a water balloon fight. Especially if it allows for filling "special" balloons with various liquids other than water which are then randomly mixed in with all the other water balloons.

Another fast and easy way to fill water balloons is to just get a cheap double-action air pump and submerge it in a tub (or pond, or river, or pool, or whatever) to pump water into the balloons.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
kdccrosby wrote:We had to let someone go in my dept yesterday. There are 4 positions that file monthly sales tax returns each month for 8 companies.

er... mabe hire a couple peoples?

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:er... mabe hire a couple peoples?

Or Pandas.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

joyner

quality posts: 1 Private Messages joyner

Hey everybody! We've been cleaning out FIL's house. Renters want to move in tomorrow. Hope we can get it cleaned out in time. Earl is supposed to go north of our condo. J3 may get some rain. We won't get anything here in the mountains. My Mom is going to have to be moved to a higher level of care. Her Alzheimer's and physical condition have deteriorated beyond the Family Care Home level. The local nursing home has a bed. She may even have some paid days through her medicare supplement insurance. Got to run.

pooflady

lplady wrote:I'm curious as to if they give out a certain number of free dinners at each location on the wine night and some others there pay. Or if all people get it free at some locations while other locations charge the customers. Next time I go I am going to ask about it. I never received any notice in my email and my brother didn't either so not sure if my location isn't having it, it'll be later or if it's only sent to a few people.

Morning PWA, just a fast pop in to say hi and poof, I'm gone. Have a good day all.

I asked, was told it was random computer drawing.

AZGman

Afternoon, e-body!

Anybody?

kdccrosby

no1 wrote:er... mabe hire a couple peoples?

That's the plan.

I believe that pandas might have difficulty with they typing. Wonder if that is a form of discrimination?

cruzer

quality posts: 0 Private Messages cruzer
AZGman wrote:Afternoon, e-body!

Anybody?

We're all too busy to be hanging around these parts!!

AZGman

cruzer wrote:We're all too busy to be hanging around these parts!!

Guess I'll just mosey along, then.

KtCallista

I am SOOOOOO tired!!!!!!!!!! This 7am crap is gonna kill me!

Ver1 is still majorly bummed about coming home in the middle of the day from kindergarten. The school board doesn't meet until Tuesday....

Ver2 started preschool again today. She loved it, new class, new teacher, familiar friends.

Ver3 got abandoned with Orc this morning while I went to a 2 hour meeting with my boss. We have budget issues, need to spend faster or it has to go back to the people that gave us the grant. My boss also had me (and Orc) look at a computer problem since the IT department isn't returning his calls or emails (Orc's old job).

Ironically, Orc's old job - well what they turned it into (combining his old job and another guy's job and then other guy got the job) is posted on the hiring page. We have two stories as to what's going on, since "other guy" is a reference for Orc he's going to email him to see if applying is a bad idea. Orc's not really sure he wants to go back, things were pretty bad/stressful/crazy when he left.

Orc has been contacted by uber-cool company, but our top three locations are unavailable even though they were still listed on the website last night. Open locations are Austin, Santa Monica, and New York. Any thoughts people?

I'll be gone again in 20 mins for homeschool (not teaching this month though - my friend teaches this month), but I'll back read later.

no1

quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
KtCallista wrote:Orc has been contacted by uber-cool company, but our top three locations are unavailable even though they were still listed on the website last night. Open locations are Austin, Santa Monica, and New York. Any thoughts people?

people who live in austin seem to like it there. never been there myself.

santa monica sounds like a nice place, but housing costs could be a bear.

if you live near dname you mite get free babysitting.

Turken

quality posts: 5 Private Messages Turken
KtCallista wrote:
Orc has been contacted by uber-cool company, but our top three locations are unavailable even though they were still listed on the website last night. Open locations are Austin, Santa Monica, and New York. Any thoughts people?

Sorry to hear about the frustrations with current boss and Orc's former position. Tough call on that one, since it does have benefit of not moving.

As for job with uber-cool company:
Austin - abso-frickin-lutely hot most of the year. even more so if you didn't grow up there. But hey, at least it's not Houston!

Santa Monica - no idea. sounds nice, but expensive.

New York - is that NYC or NY State? Makes a huge diffference. The state is generally quite wonderful. City, not so much. At least not if you like scenery and open spaces and such.

pooflady

no1 wrote:people who live in austin seem to like it there. never been there myself.

santa monica sounds like a nice place, but housing costs could be a bear.

if you live near dname you mite get free babysitting.

I like the third one. So you can choose two very expensive places to live or one very hot place to live.

pooflady

So call Garmin tech support. On hold for half an hour and then a nice guy fixed me up in about two minutes. Two minutes later, it's telling me I don't have enough room for this region and perhaps I'd like to get rid of some of my music or pictures. Considering I've used this twice and I've never downloaded any music or pictures (and didn't even know I could), I was baffled. Called Garmin again. This time only on hold for about 20 minutes (it was getting close to closing time) and this time I got a Rachel Ray sound alike (insert annoying laugh here). But she did walk me through it. I had to delete every language but English (there must have been 60 or 70 of them) one by one. Then had to go to text and delete every one of those one by one. No matter what I did, I couldn't manage to highlight more than one at a time. So this took a while, but then everything was fine and a couple hours later they're all downloaded.

gimmaroon

quality posts: 7 Private Messages gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:

See ya!

Hi peeps.
Hi D'name.
Sooo, what did you do with hubby today??

(I didn't forgot to call, but I p.m.ed you a little late. :'/ Sooo, I guess it's a "no" on a late dinner tonight?) We'll work on activities for Friday or Saturday...like playing in the hurricane?

Want crap? Got crap? Go swap crap:
WootSwap.com, since 2005.

BC4L, but my wootjuice is eggplant.

pooflady

gimmaroon wrote:Hi peeps.
Hi D'name.
Sooo, what did you do with hubby today??

(I didn't forgot to call, but I p.m.ed you a little late. :'/ Sooo, I guess it's a "no" on a late dinner tonight?) We'll work on activities for Friday or Saturday...like playing in the hurricane?

Gimma, is that really you?

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Gimma, is that really you?

I hope so...that avatar sure looks just like me. :-)

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

gimmaroon wrote:I hope so...that avatar sure looks just like me. :-)

What forced you onto the forums?
Hi doggies!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

pooflady

gimmaroon wrote:I hope so...that avatar sure looks just like me. :-)

Yeah, except for the prison pallor. Is that why you haven't been around lately?

pooflady

Okay, I'm baffled. The woman across the street just set up a spotlight in her front yard and started painting the shutters on the house a different color.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

KtCallista wrote:I am SOOOOOO tired!!!!!!!!!! This 7am crap is gonna kill me!

Ver1 is still majorly bummed about coming home in the middle of the day from kindergarten. The school board doesn't meet until Tuesday....

Ver2 started preschool again today. She loved it, new class, new teacher, familiar friends.

Ver3 got abandoned with Orc this morning while I went to a 2 hour meeting with my boss. We have budget issues, need to spend faster or it has to go back to the people that gave us the grant. My boss also had me (and Orc) look at a computer problem since the IT department isn't returning his calls or emails (Orc's old job).

Ironically, Orc's old job - well what they turned it into (combining his old job and another guy's job and then other guy got the job) is posted on the hiring page. We have two stories as to what's going on, since "other guy" is a reference for Orc he's going to email him to see if applying is a bad idea. Orc's not really sure he wants to go back, things were pretty bad/stressful/crazy when he left.

I'll be gone again in 20 mins for homeschool (not teaching this month though - my friend teaches this month), but I'll back read later.

People do like Austin. Lower cost of living, but damn hot.

Don't know about Santa Monica, being CA, it might have the same problems as nyc.

The NYC area (city, boroughs, nj, westchester and long island) may be a money shock to you.
I saw an article saying $120,000 is needed for a basic middle class. I'm sure that is true.

When we were young, people would transfer because it is nyc and the main office of the accounting firm, but once they saw the expense and the commute time, they would transfer back to wherever they came from.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

Iceback

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

You'd love Austin. Hill country,close to San Antonio (one of my favorite places),center for the arts, fairly open mindedness (as compared to most of the state). Cruzer and GEG in the area. The list goes on and on. Not to mention centrally located to the rest of the country.
BTW the city slogan is "Keep Austin Weird" ou can't get much better tha that!
It's only really hot 3 months of the year.

In the end only kindness matters

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay, I'm baffled. The woman across the street just set up a spotlight in her front yard and started painting the shutters on the house a different color.

Painting in the dark, never a good idea.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

dontwantaname wrote:What forced you onto the forums?
Hi doggies!

You did. :P

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Yeah, except for the prison pallor. Is that why you haven't been around lately?

C'mon now. Don't listen to the rumours.

gimmaroon

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Okay, I'm baffled. The woman across the street just set up a spotlight in her front yard and started painting the shutters on the house a different color.

See what I've been missing? This is good stuff. Weird people aren't just in NYC.

pooflady

gimmaroon wrote:See what I've been missing? This is good stuff. Weird people aren't just in NYC.

Yep, staid old Midwest has its share.

kdccrosby

I think Austin is pretty otterific, although I have heard the traffic there is getting bad. But it is a University town and the capital, so there will be a lot more cool things there.

Edit: and it isn't as hot there as it is here, and it is in the hill country so there are a lot of great small towns to do stuff. Pretty close to historic Gruene, which is one of my absolute favortie places on the entire Earth.

KtCallista

Iceback wrote:You'd love Austin. Hill country,close to San Antonio (one of my favorite places),center for the arts, fairly open mindedness (as compared to most of the state). Cruzer and GEG in the area. The list goes on and on. Not to mention centrally located to the rest of the country.
BTW the city slogan is "Keep Austin Weird" ou can't get much better tha that!
It's only really hot 3 months of the year.

really? I coulda swore that was Portland, the real one in this timezone.

Yeah the NYC cost of living is a big detractor, plus I've barely been in a real city. I suppose LA counts . . . . Santa Monica is the kind of place most people think of when they think of CA. There is a chance location #1 may open up again in a month.... dunno.

I like living places that are weird. Good schools are vital though.

dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

//sigh
hubby bought strawberries and blackberries at costco. I just cut up a watermelon and a melon. The fridge is full of fruit.
There is also a bag of baby carrots and dip in there.
But, I ate two pieces of candy and might go back for a twix bar.
I really want some sort of cake, but I don't have any.
The hurricane is suppose to miss us, or I would have bought some.

Ah, the hurricane is suppose to be a category 1 when it hits daughter.
Good.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!