dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:Doesn't matter. They have to tell us what might have happened and how lucky we are that it didn't and how lucky we are that they're there to tell us if it did.



Yep.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

While flipping around the dial, I saw the spanish language station had a reporter in front of a "flooded" street. Basically a puddle. I'm sure it took them most of the day to find it.

Then the networks had this reporter in full rain gear at the beach.
Except there was a little kid playing in the sand in his bathing suit, right behind her.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:While flipping around the dial, I saw the spanish language station had a reporter in front of a "flooded" street. Basically a puddle. I'm sure it took them most of the day to find it.

Then the networks had this reporter in full rain gear at the beach.
Except there was a little kid playing in the sand in his bathing suit, right behind her.



That's hilarious. I wish they'd put that on YouTube.

Ice - also love it when they say, "high today will be 84. Current temperature is 89."



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

pooflady wrote:That's hilarious. I wish they'd put that on YouTube.

Ice - also love it when they say, "high today will be 84. Current temperature is 89."



It was like that all day. All we got in the tri state area was heavy seas.
How long can we look at waves?
Waves in NJ
Waves on LI
Well, I guess it is better than sitting in the rain with no electricity.
My mom spent the last two days making ice cubes. She could have driven 5 blocks to the supermarket and bought a bag of ice.
It is a small supermarket, maybe they don't sell ice.



WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:It was like that all day. All we got in the tri state area was heavy seas.
How long can we look at waves?
Waves in NJ
Waves on LI
Well, I guess it is better than sitting in the rain with no electricity.
My mom spent the last two days making ice cubes. She could have driven 5 blocks to the supermarket and bought a bag of ice.
It is a small supermarket, maybe they don't sell ice.



At least it gave her something to do.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
dontwantaname wrote:While flipping around the dial, I saw the spanish language station had a reporter in front of a "flooded" street. Basically a puddle. I'm sure it took them most of the day to find it.

Then the networks had this reporter in full rain gear at the beach.
Except there was a little kid playing in the sand in his bathing suit, right behind her.



They probably opened a hydrant to make the puddle

In the end only kindness matters

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
KtCallista wrote:Wow, I didn't know there were still places like that. My dad commutes an hour when he starts his new job. My sister is slightly longer than that. Some people my dad used to work with had 2+ hour commutes. Yay for urban sprawl!


Even for the local jobs, Orc's looking at a 45 min commute or more if he doesn't go back to his old job, which he could walk to...



It depends on where you are here. Lot's of commutes are less than an hour. Mine is, and I live 35 or so miles away from work.

Edit: and I agree with the other postings about Texas schools. There are good and bad, and some districts let you pick your school I think? I do agree that TX now has the tendency to "teach to the test", which can suck at times. It's all about the standardized tests. But, there are still some pretty great schools out there. And since Austin has large variety of people, and a great University, I would think there are a lot of great schools in the area who are more forward thinking.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

Iceback wrote:They probably opened a hydrant to make the puddle



Couldn't tell, it was in spanish.
But they were using normal show time, so you would think they would have something big to say.
Nope.

It was so bad, I actually walked the dog and did a good washing of the bathroom.


WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

Hi folks. Long time no PWA. I just ran 3.5 miles in 45 minutes... finished first week of classes. TRying to burn off the 10 lbs I gained through my food coma through the midwest in the last two weeks...

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. Long time no PWA. I just ran 3.5 miles in 45 minutes... finished first week of classes. TRying to burn off the 10 lbs I gained through my food coma through the midwest in the last two weeks...



So tell us all the good stuff you had to eat.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Hi folks. Long time no PWA. I just ran 3.5 miles in 45 minutes... finished first week of classes. TRying to burn off the 10 lbs I gained through my food coma through the midwest in the last two weeks...



Hi!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:So tell us all the good stuff you had to eat.



Let's see-

Homemade pretzels
Real pork tenderloin sandwich (practically a chop)
Italian beef and cheese croissant from Portillo's
All you can eat buffet from Der Dutchman Amish restaurant in Indiana
Grasshopper sundae in Toledo
Chicago deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago
Breaded pork tenderloin and deep fried cheese curds in Culvers, Wisconsin
All u can eat salad buffet at Sweet Tomatoes in Ill
Steak on the grill at 'rents
Deep fried spicy pickles in Wisconsin...
And several breakfast buffets at various Hampton inns

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback

Hi Skek, good to see you back.

OK..plans made for tommorrow:

Go to Frisco for IKEA breakfast then on to Plano to go lamp shopping. Will the excitement never end?

In the end only kindness matters

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
Iceback wrote:Hi Skek, good to see you back.

OK..plans made for tommorrow:

Go to Frisco for IKEA breakfast then on to Plano to go lamp shopping. Will the excitement never end?



Hi Ice, I'm Back... (hee!)

Wow, didn't know IKEA breakfasts were such a good deal! Is Plano somewhere special for lamps? I know IKEA has cheap ones...

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Let's see-

Homemade pretzels
Real pork tenderloin sandwich (practically a chop)
Italian beef and cheese croissant from Portillo's
All you can eat buffet from Der Dutchman Amish restaurant in Indiana
Grasshopper sundae in Toledo
Chicago deep dish pizza from Lou Malnati's in Chicago
Breaded pork tenderloin and deep fried cheese curds in Culvers, Wisconsin
All u can eat salad buffet at Sweet Tomatoes in Ill
Steak on the grill at 'rents
Deep fried spicy pickles in Wisconsin...
And several breakfast buffets at various Hampton inns



Sounds yummy. I've never had cheese curds but I've heard about them.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

Iceback


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Iceback
SkekTek wrote:Hi Ice, I'm Back... (hee!)

Wow, didn't know IKEA breakfasts were such a good deal! Is Plano somewhere special for lamps? I know IKEA has cheap ones...



Plano is near Frisco and Plano has a lamp store my wife's boss recommended. I don't think cheap is going to enter in our lamp decision just our breakfast one.

In the end only kindness matters

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:Sounds yummy. I've never had cheese curds but I've heard about them.



All they are are cheese just out of the process. They're fresh, and they squeak against your teeth which is why it's sometimes called "squeaky cheese" After a few hours, they don't squeak anymore and don't taste as good.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
SkekTek wrote:Hi Ice, I'm Back... (hee!)

Wow, didn't know IKEA breakfasts were such a good deal! Is Plano somewhere special for lamps? I know IKEA has cheap ones...



Never had an IKEA breakfast, but I know several people who go there with their kids for dinner.

Good to see ya back Skek! I have a coupon for Sweet Tomatoes and will be using it this month. mmm... blueberry bread.... nom nom

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kdccrosby wrote:Never had an IKEA breakfast, but I know several people who go there with their kids for dinner.

Good to see ya back Skek! I have a coupon for Sweet Tomatoes and will be using it this month. mmm... blueberry bread.... nom nom



Neither have I, but for 99 cents, sounds like a deal plus the kids eat free too.

I wish there was a Sweet Tomatoes nearby... oh well.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
kdccrosby wrote:Never had an IKEA breakfast, but I know several people who go there with their kids for dinner.

Good to see ya back Skek! I have a coupon for Sweet Tomatoes and will be using it this month. mmm... blueberry bread.... nom nom



Never heard of Sweet Tomatoes. Is it a chain?



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby
pooflady wrote:Never heard of Sweet Tomatoes. Is it a chain?



Yep. Best Salad Bar buffet ever. not that it's always healthy. Great Salad bar, several pastas, baked potatoes, 3 soups minimum, great muffins, brownie & ice cream and it goes on...

I like that each month they feature some sort of in-season something, like lemon, or strawberry. So they will have some pre-made salads with those, a pasta or muffins with them. It's YUMMY

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
kdccrosby wrote:Yep. Best Salad Bar buffet ever. not that it's always healthy. Great Salad bar, several pastas, baked potatoes, 3 soups minimum, great muffins, brownie & ice cream and it goes on...

I like that each month they feature some sort of in-season something, like lemon, or strawberry. So they will have some pre-made salads with those, a pasta or muffins with them. It's YUMMY



They're nowhere near here. The closest one is in North Carolina. Damn west coast chain. I think it's a matter of time before it comes out though since it's a great concept.

http://www.souplantation.com/

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:They're nowhere near here. The closest one is in North Carolina. Damn west coast chain. I think it's a matter of time before it comes out though since it's a great concept.

http://www.souplantation.com/



Nothing in Ohio.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

no1


quality posts: 7 Private Messages no1
pooflady wrote:Nothing in Ohio.



midwesterners don't believe in salad. just steak and potatoes.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

no1 wrote:midwesterners don't believe in salad. just steak and potatoes.



Panda is in NJ
Will be handed off to the post office tomorrow.
It could have walked faster.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

SkekTek wrote:Nope, but Toledo's got the best darn ice cream store ever, and Columbus has the best meatloaf.



Meatloaf?
You spend entirely too much time thinking about food.

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Nope, but Toledo's got the best darn ice cream store ever, and Columbus has the best meatloaf.



Sorry, but good meatloaf is an oxymoron. There's no such thing as good meatloaf.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
dontwantaname wrote:Meatloaf?
You spend entirely too much time thinking about food.



Yeah, what's wrong with food? Especially a good loaf of meat. Mmm. Meat.

dontwantaname


quality posts: 13 Private Messages dontwantaname

Volunteer Moderator

People are here, but I'm going.

See ya!

WE LURV YOU TOO! Dork!!!
No greater love is lost than that not shared.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
dontwantaname wrote:People are here, but I'm going.

See ya!



If we're not here, she acts mad and leaves.
If we're here, she just leaves.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

SkekTek


quality posts: 17 Private Messages SkekTek
pooflady wrote:If we're not here, she acts mad and leaves.
If we're here, she just leaves.



Ah well. I gotta get to bed too. But I promise to drop in tomorrow too.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady
SkekTek wrote:Ah well. I gotta get to bed too. But I promise to drop in tomorrow too.



Night. Glad you're back.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Done today:
Clean 3/4 of the kitchen
Cleaned the large bathroom
Proofed 70 pages
Read a few chapters
Manicured seven nails
Balanced two checkbooks
Paid four bills

That'll do.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista
Iceback wrote:I feel kinda bad with my 3 minute commute



LOL - that's what I have, well when I go to the office. Unless I ride the free clean, nice, city bus. Then it's 15mins, but I have to walk if I don't want to wait for the 10 min restart (buses stop at one part of campus and although there is a stop right in front of my office the bus waits 10 mins before heading over there.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

KtCallista


quality posts: 33 Private Messages KtCallista

Survived a rather expensive Costco run. Ver3 barely handled the ride home.

___________________________________________________________________
Paper Napkins on the Edge of Insanity

You can call me Goddess, that's fine.

Raining


quality posts: 0 Private Messages Raining
Iceback wrote:Hi Skek, good to see you back.

OK..plans made for tommorrow:

Go to Frisco for IKEA breakfast then on to Plano to go lamp shopping. Will the excitement never end?

Frisco and Plano, you can't do much better than that. My grammar is terrible, ending a sentence with "that."


pooflady


quality posts: 20 Private Messages pooflady

Night all. Tomorrow.



When I was a kid I wanted to be older, this CRAP is NOT what I expected.

AZGman


quality posts: 3 Private Messages AZGman

Mornin'.

Grumpy 'til the day I die.

kdccrosby


quality posts: 7 Private Messages kdccrosby

Morning all. It is actually in the 70's here right now. Haven't seen that temp in a while.

Aahh... feels good.