jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
AdderXYU wrote:Oh piss, well executed creative diverse art again?

DAMNIT WOOT! DONT THROW TWO BONES!

Let this design be a beacon to all the tunnel-visioned naysayers who prattle on about "blah blah woot's not an art museum blah blah blah".

"Diverse art" means many things, including funny, comic-strip style designs like this one. It also means beautiful designs like CMDixon's print yesterday.

The so-called artsy-fartsies want MORE (MANY MANY more) interesting designs, not fewer. And the more cool designs there are, the more happiness there is in the world and the more pancakes there are to be consumed, etc.

tgentry

quality posts: 111 Private Messages tgentry

Staff

In for one!

etripoli

quality posts: 18 Private Messages etripoli

I like the way 'Paleopugilistic' rolls off the tongue - then does a little springboard off the chest, ending with a gainer to the floor.

Oh, and I'd like to see Marina Orlova pronounce it.

oze6000

quality posts: 3 Private Messages oze6000

Big head
Itty bitty arms
Bad idea.

eg1114

quality posts: 0 Private Messages eg1114

Awww, I love his little tiny boxing gloves.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

Fossil evidence shows triceratops started his own pre-emptive extinction. This is what ECs are for, to give rglee credit where it was due. If I recall 'Squeeze' also emerged victorious from the previous double-take derby.

studio1172

quality posts: 0 Private Messages studio1172

What a wonderful way to start my day . . . wait, sleep.

Congrats Robbie! Let's make it two this week with Great Wave tomorrow!

waruigouki

quality posts: 1 Private Messages waruigouki

The T-Rex failed to notice the Triceratops' signature head jiggle before every punch.

jeffemming

quality posts: 0 Private Messages jeffemming

I love the shirt, but it's unfortunate that Triceratops may not have existed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20012471-501465.html

mk2

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mk2

nice. what derby was this from again?

bitethat

quality posts: 14 Private Messages bitethat
Penlithius wrote:nice. but come'on. a tri beating a rex?!?!?!? BULL!!!

I agree. The artist is 100% fanboy cause no way in hell this could even be thought up by even a 2 year old. A Tyranosarus Rex LOSING? Not even funny.

Referral linking is not permitted.

sparkyjunk

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sparkyjunk
mattageddon wrote:But the triceratops never existed...

That's not what the article you referenced said.
It said, "Torosaurus will now be abolished as a species and specimens reassigned to Triceratops".

Shinespark

quality posts: 33 Private Messages Shinespark

Definitely thought of this..

smklung wrote:A black shirt with dinosaurs? Double Fail

You're forgetting a certain iconic black dinosaur t-shirt worn by a certain Richard C Mongler.

sparkyjunk wrote:That's not what the article you referenced said.
It said, "Torosaurus will now be abolished as a species and specimens reassigned to Triceratops".

Not to mention that the blog text specifically references this fact.

jublin

quality posts: 3 Private Messages jublin

i remember seeing this in the derby and saying to myself "..."

What a fantastic illustration!

really enjoying these "editors' choice" wins. I definitely prefer these over the actual winners. I like what woot is doing here. Did they always do this? If not, it would be nice to see 2 voter faves and 1 editor choice for every derby.

lostnightsoul

quality posts: 10 Private Messages lostnightsoul

Am I being made fun of in the quality posts section? Well that's not nice.

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Congrats, Robbie, on a truly deserved win! I couldn't be more thrilled this printed!!

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

I fully expected the Great Wave, but so long as it's a Robbie design we're okay, Woot. ::narrows eyes:: For now.

I have no idea what I'm saying. :p

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613

Whichever Editor picked this shirt is the right one. Great to see something this wearable AND artistic for a change.

Congrats, Robbie!

mlovesr

quality posts: 1 Private Messages mlovesr

Thank you, Editors! It's challenging to like woot sometimes when painstakingly detailed and well-crafted designs like the many in this double-take derby tend to be the ones that finish in the top 20. However, your editors' choices reveal that artists like rglee and cmdixon2 are appreciated at woot and ultimately have an opportunity to get published... so I'm thinking that maybe there's good reason to stick around and visit the derbies and support my fav designs after all. I wish more than a few of these honorable mentions could be published 'cause it just seems like poorly done and cute or silly regularly beats out artful and interesting in voter-decided derbies.... Anyway, can't wait to add T.K.O. to my rglee collection!! Congrats again, Robbie! Hip hip, Hooray!

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

Amazing work rglee129! I glad you was choice!

mortiki

quality posts: 3 Private Messages mortiki

So Woot, You thought this was as stupid as I did and that is why you put "editor's choice" ahhh got it. thanks but no thanks.

#1 wooter! according to woot :-) 511 woots purchased and counting...over $168,000.00 spent

First woot: (Timex T58501 Ironman GPS Watch)
Last woot on: 8/6/2013
Jabba the Hutt 8GB USB Flash Drive
qty 3

quantamm

quality posts: 85 Private Messages quantamm

That appears to be a triceratops fighting a T-rex. But a triceratops is a baby Torosaurus:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/07/100714131244.htm

Shame on you Woot for promoting fights between adolescents.

On the plus side, the triceratops is whooping the T-rex's ass.

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs

Even though I had to pay for this, I still feel like it was a special gift from the Woot staff to me.

revscotaloha

quality posts: 0 Private Messages revscotaloha

The little punchline at the end reminds me of this

http://alessonislearned.com/lesson031.html

odysseyroc

quality posts: 33 Private Messages odysseyroc

This is the one shirt that I was really hoping would get an EC. It's the only shirt I've bought from this double take. I'll also pick up WAlmazan's "A Hard Winter"if it prints.

jessbaze

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jessbaze

Speaking as one of those namby-pamby paleontologists, we're not getting rid of Triceratops. We're getting rid of the name "Torosaurus." Turns out Torosaurus is just a grown-up Triceratops. It's not our fault the media got things all screwed up. Triceratops is still a dinosaur (and one of our favorites at that!).

deekay209

quality posts: 0 Private Messages deekay209

If the Rex decided to go Mike Tyson the Tricerotops would be done.

lmg95

quality posts: 1 Private Messages lmg95

I can't be the only who thought of Primal Rage

http://www.abd-paradise.fr/Gifs/Abandonware/Primal_rage.png

kaveman212c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaveman212c

Shoryuken!

Too bad that t-rex won in the end...

uh-oh tri-guy...

Beckybeq

quality posts: 4 Private Messages Beckybeq

YES!

My son love dinosaurs. My son really loves fighting his toy dinosaurs. My son will really, really love this shirt and I'll successfully continue my reign as "SuperMom" in this household! HA-Ha-ha...

Dang it, couldn't resist throwing in the extra $5 so I can be hailed as "SuperMom" tomorrow.

BTW, son's band played a piece last year titled "The Battle (Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops)". All the kids agreed Triceratops would win!

kaveman212c

quality posts: 0 Private Messages kaveman212c

"My son love dinosaurs."

Is your son the "I like turtles!" kid?!

Beckybeq wrote:YES!

My son love dinosaurs. My son really loves fighting his toy dinosaurs. My son will really, really love this shirt and I'll successfully continue my reign as "SuperMom" in this household! HA-Ha-ha...

Dang it, couldn't resist throwing in the extra $5 so I can be hailed as "SuperMom" tomorrow.

BTW, son's band played a piece last year titled "The Battle (Tyrannosaurus and Triceratops)". All the kids agreed Triceratops would win!

BootsBoots

quality posts: 38 Private Messages BootsBoots

Yay! Congrats, Robbie! I hope it sticks around for awhile on the reckoning. I'm too broke to buy it right now. Bah!

turtlepower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlepower

Anyone else do a dino-shirt dance to cure their hangover?!

turtlepower

quality posts: 0 Private Messages turtlepower

Unfortunately, the dance offers no cure.

RandomLynx

quality posts: 5 Private Messages RandomLynx

I'm glad to see all these shirts that I previously voted for but didn't make it are now being sold.

Now if only the Shark Tank and Hungry Hungry Hippos shirts could make an appearance...

koneco

quality posts: 16 Private Messages koneco
jeffemming wrote:I love the shirt, but it's unfortunate that Triceratops may not have existed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20012471-501465.html

I was gonna say the same thing, but point out that one of woot's item descriptions about three/four weeks ago talked about it. CONTINUITY ERROR.

indihar

quality posts: 7 Private Messages indihar

Well...one more chance (tonight) of getting a shirt that I would actually buy. (I love dinosaurs...I abhor boxing...)

Should I stay up (and risk getting disappointed again...or just call it an early night and get some shuteye?

Hhmmm... just had a derby where, out of 9 fogged shirts, there were only three that I wouldn't buy (guess which 3 printed?)

...looks like I'll be catching some early ZZzzzzs...

tortamus

quality posts: 7 Private Messages tortamus

Woke up, checked woot, and INSTA-BUY! 'Been waiting for this one. That makes 2/3 ECs so far. C'mon Woot, gimme Cuteness Overload!!

skatimmy737

quality posts: 207 Private Messages skatimmy737

Bite him! Just bite him! Ah man...

mjc613

quality posts: 48 Private Messages mjc613
mlovesr wrote:Thank you, Editors! It's challenging to like woot sometimes when painstakingly detailed and well-crafted designs like the many in this double-take derby tend to be the ones that finish in the top 20. However, your editors' choices reveal that artists like rglee and cmdixon2 are appreciated at woot and ultimately have an opportunity to get published... so I'm thinking that maybe there's good reason to stick around and visit the derbies and support my fav designs after all. I wish more than a few of these honorable mentions could be published 'cause it just seems like poorly done and cute or silly regularly beats out artful and interesting in voter-decided derbies.... Anyway, can't wait to add T.K.O. to my rglee collection!! Congrats again, Robbie! Hip hip, Hooray!

THIS!!! Well said!!