chumpmagic

quality posts: 9 Private Messages chumpmagic
Darquis wrote:Here's his website, where you can see all his other designs. I imagine several look *quite* familiar. http://chrisdixonmedia.com/

I'd say Chris is fast becoming my favorite designer here, but I think he's already done it. He's not tied to one specific style and his designs show a great deal of versatility. There's a reason the guy keeps fogging and printing.

/walking infomercial

Might as well include this too even though its on the site but...

his other shirt currently available for purchase here at shirt.woot:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=15320

JadenKale

quality posts: 181 Private Messages JadenKale
cleverconveyence wrote:I KNOW. Did that one guy finally get banned or something? I haven't seen any "designs" from him or his concubine lately.

Actually HE entered the cryptozoology derby. It just didn't have enough shiny to get noticed by those who don't watch the derbies like a hawk.

And correction, it was SHE who got caught red-handed, which explains why HE entered 2 wks back.

jmmbell1987

quality posts: 78 Private Messages jmmbell1987
chumpmagic wrote:Might as well include this too even though its on the site but...

his other shirt currently available for purchase here at shirt.woot:
http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=15320

Please buy this one too, peoples. It's amazing and gorgeous and needs to live. Or at least not be in last place in the reckoning.

tyrantt23

quality posts: 1 Private Messages tyrantt23
JadenKale wrote:WINNER WINNER!!! I'm so glad this printed instead of having to wait for the 60 day hold and waiting for another place to snatch it up. May this sell out today and stay a long time on the reckoning list!

Yes yes, indeed! I've been wanting this shirt ever since I laid my eyes on it.

Living in rainy Portland, OR, makes this shirt epic.

Ironic that just a couple of days it started raining here, and will probably be this way until summer comes around again.

rocketjohn

quality posts: 3 Private Messages rocketjohn
jmmbell1987 wrote:Please buy this one too, peoples. It's amazing and gorgeous and needs to live. Or at least not be in last place in the reckoning.

It's amazing, and gorgeous, and something i'd sooner put on my wall than on my chest.

Sorry..

CrescentDebris

quality posts: 13 Private Messages CrescentDebris

It's nice to see an excellent design win. I always like that your entries have a lot of thought in them and are really well executed. Which of course means you'll be in the Danger Zone next week but it's sweet while it lasts. Congrats!

kc6201

quality posts: 3 Private Messages kc6201
Darquis wrote:Here's his website, where you can see all his other designs. I imagine several look *quite* familiar. http://chrisdixonmedia.com/

I'd say Chris is fast becoming my favorite designer here, but I think he's already done it. He's not tied to one specific style and his designs show a great deal of versatility. There's a reason the guy keeps fogging and printing.

/walking infomercial

I love "Home Sweet Home." Voted on it too. Hope Threadless prints it, but I'm not counting on it since there always so many good designs over there that never get printed.

PixelPants

quality posts: 69 Private Messages PixelPants

So glad to be in the voting majority on another one of your shirts Chris. Looks like clear skies all of your own making.

ChefRAZ

quality posts: 20 Private Messages ChefRAZ

this reminds me of my girlfriend

thaskaman

quality posts: 15 Private Messages thaskaman

my only question is what hue is their interpretation of 'baby blue'

sky?
powder?
muted?
vibrant?
soft?
hot?
cold?
warm?

certain baby blues ill wear, others i wont touch...

lol

Spiritgreen

quality posts: 223 Private Messages Spiritgreen

Never saw the sun shining so bright
Never saw things going so right

sbiancalana

quality posts: 0 Private Messages sbiancalana

When I first saw this shirt, I failed to pay attention to the title and almost voted for it since I thought the guy was peeling away the blue skies to bring on some rain. That would've been my kind of shirt. But then I realized what actually was going on and it quickly stayed my hand. What can I say - I just love rain, I guess.

drunkenalien

quality posts: 46 Private Messages drunkenalien

Should of used a walpaper sealer for wet locations, like bathroom or t-shirts.

jmackinac

quality posts: 1 Private Messages jmackinac

Is it too much to ask what this shirt is made of? Or am I just blind and didn't see it after reading the description thrice. I despise 100% cotton and love a blend of poly and cotton in my t-shirts.

walmazan

quality posts: 65 Private Messages walmazan

I told you Chris!

Congrats my friend, well deserved! was my favorite!

WanderingRaccoon

quality posts: 0 Private Messages WanderingRaccoon
jmackinac wrote:Is it too much to ask what this shirt is made of? Or am I just blind and didn't see it after reading the description thrice. I despise 100% cotton and love a blend of poly and cotton in my t-shirts.

If you check in the FAQ it says they are 100% cotton.

paigeg

quality posts: 7 Private Messages paigeg

Congrats on another win! You are hot, my man!

nikitab99

quality posts: 0 Private Messages nikitab99
riancurtis wrote:this looks exactly like a fullbleed shirt.

http://www.dobi.nu/fullbleed/

Can you define exactly?

DoublEE

quality posts: 8 Private Messages DoublEE
jmmbell1987 wrote:Please buy this one too, peoples. It's amazing and gorgeous and needs to live. Or at least not be in last place in the reckoning.

Panda sez: it's stomping time for that "Nightlife" city!

peickelb

quality posts: 0 Private Messages peickelb

feasible

artulo

quality posts: 13 Private Messages artulo

Great shirt. Congrats!

cmdixon2

quality posts: 21 Private Messages cmdixon2

Wow! You guys are the best!

And here, once again, I sleep through it all.

Got to say I'm a bit shocked since I submitted this so late. I thought I would be lucky to come up from behind and possibly squeak into third. For what it's worth I'm hoping for Walmazan and Crescent Debris for the weekend!

Thanks again to Tgentry for his helpful advice with the first version of this design. Sometimes it's hard to pinpoint what's not working with your own work and it takes an extra artist's eyes to help make some necessary changes. I'm pretty happy with the end result.

Thanks again everyone! Nice to break my black/asphalt streak.

lemurtx

quality posts: 4 Private Messages lemurtx

Congrats Chris! Very cool shirt! Appropriate for Texas after getting hit with Hermine this week.

ISUdoubleE

quality posts: 2 Private Messages ISUdoubleE
Assassin15 wrote:I think it's Christopher Robin. Or the Man with the Yellow Hat.

It's clearly the Gorton's fisherman.

yavin424

quality posts: 1 Private Messages yavin424
ISUdoubleE wrote:It's clearly the Gorton's fisherman.

Ahhh! you beat me to it.. thought it looked like the fish stick guy since i first saw it in the derby.

RaveDroid

quality posts: 15 Private Messages RaveDroid
thaskaman wrote:my only question is what hue is their interpretation of 'baby blue'

sky?
powder?
muted?
vibrant?
soft?
hot?
cold?
warm?

certain baby blues ill wear, others i wont touch...

lol

ohh I see, you're one of those pretentious blues connoisseurs who only give any credence to what they consider 'the good stuff'....
;)

This is a most appropriate use of baby blue IMO, one of the best I've seen. I totally voted for this design because it's so conceptually intriguing. Excellent job! The image is my new Windows desktop wallpaper :] If I could please get one a little higher-res, that would be perfect*....

At a glance this could also be looked at as the guy actually tearing down the blue sky to let the storms in... Like he's using a huge razor to shave the sky open and make it bleed rain.. something like that... which to me is still totally cool.

*edit - Just went back to the derby entry discussion and found the hi-rez file! NOOCH!!

If you can read this, yourᅠbrowser'sᅠCompatibilityᅠsettings
areᅠconfiguredᅠcorrectly.ᅠᅠツ

ZandersZa

quality posts: 5 Private Messages ZandersZa
cmdixon2 wrote:Wow! Nice to break my black/asphalt streak.

My thoughts exactly. I have 2 black shirts you've designed and 2 asphalt shirts - this is a great change of pace. Congrats, Chris.

skenneldogs

quality posts: 0 Private Messages skenneldogs
riancurtis wrote:this looks exactly like a fullbleed shirt.

http://www.dobi.nu/fullbleed/

Do you mean "this looks exactly like the kind of shirt that would print at Fullbleed"? If so, I totally agree!

I don't think it looks like a specific already existing Fullbleed shirt, though.

MathUhhhSaurus

quality posts: 59 Private Messages MathUhhhSaurus
raebee wrote:Wallpaper is NOT and effective means of hurricane protection!

don't try this at home, kids

Examine Bindle of Carrots.
What Bindle of Carrots?

yellowhorse

quality posts: 0 Private Messages yellowhorse

All I can say is ... cool!

scfrome

quality posts: 1 Private Messages scfrome

While I liked many of the shirts in this derby, I only vote for the shirts I would actually buy. This is the ONLY shirt I voted for this week!! SOOOOOOO glad it printed!!!!

BatCountry

quality posts: 1 Private Messages BatCountry

Great design.

0 quality posts and proud of it.

lazymangaka

quality posts: 7 Private Messages lazymangaka

I would like very much to know where to purchase a classy yellow raincoat with matching hat and boots. There simply is no superior look for a rainy day.

mopete27

quality posts: 0 Private Messages mopete27

honestly, i see this (and his other work) more as a picture framed on my wall....not on a shirt.

thuhsithlord

quality posts: 0 Private Messages thuhsithlord

I still think this shirt would have been better with a feather boa on it...

Assassin15

quality posts: 161 Private Messages Assassin15
ciabelle wrote:Who do you think is operating the lift?

Curious George strikes again

PULL UP YOUR SKIRT, WE'RE ON A MISSION/
WE NEED A HERO, NOT A POLITICIAN - "Panhammer" by Phinehas

Thadius856

quality posts: 0 Private Messages Thadius856
nikitab99 wrote:Can you define exactly?

I would guess his comment had to do with how the image blends seamlessly into the shirt's natural color, making the entire piece the canvas, even where there's no screening on it.

Just a guess.

natalieburton1976

quality posts: 0 Private Messages natalieburton1976
JadenKale wrote:WINNER WINNER!!! I'm so glad this printed instead of having to wait for the 60 day hold and waiting for another place to snatch it up. May this sell out today and stay a long time on the reckoning list!

JadenKale - totally off topic, but I don't know how to reach you otherwise - I saw your shirt, 'Oh, Burned' on television yesterday! I was so excited to see a Woot! shirt on television and loved that it was yours... Congrats! Still an otterific shirt.

CaptainTr1pps

quality posts: 15 Private Messages CaptainTr1pps

It's obviously the guy from the salt.

tjost

quality posts: 25 Private Messages tjost

Great job on this one! I didn't follow the derby too close this week but this was by far one of the most solid designs and executions. BTW got my city one and it looks great, colors are a lot more muted then what was shown even in your pics though, but I think that works a little better, more subdued.